IGNORED

Amy and Dillon 6: Moving Past the Duggars

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Cam said:

I never expected to ever post on an Amy thread as I find her so utterly boring and pointless but here I am!  

For Anna to say “give me space” makes me think she’s had some counseling, because it sounds like something she was advised to say by….maybe some kind of therapist. Sure, a church certified one only but it sounds like a pat answer she probably says to a lot of people. She’s actually setting a boundary(!) She also knows shyster Amy through and through, is well aware that any interaction with her is heading straight to social media. I wonder what kind of reaction Amy was expecting Anna to have. Like, blink s.o.s. in Morse code or something? 

You’re right, Anna set a boundary! Holy crap. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/5/2023 at 11:17 PM, BullyJBG said:

She and Deanna saw Anna at a visitation of a family member who died.(I think it was a family member). Amy was right by Anna and got as far as patting her back, and Anna said "just give me space", and so they did. And a girl beside her was bawling; they couldn't tell if it was Mackynzie, Jennifer, or Jordyn, because she turned her face away. Everything else is their reaction, and they are SO sad. Amy was so upset she asked Deanna to drive them home because she couldn't.

I know that fundies all blur together but to not be able to tell between close family which girl it is, (even with her face turned) I find odd. 

I do think it was an over stretch of Amy to be near Anna. I am sure Anna is quiet aware of Amy's view on everything and rightly so (in her mind) does not want her to be anywhere near her. 

I don't feel sorry for Anna, overbearing in law cousins are the least of her dramas 

I do recognise that Amy may have had more motivations than just offering sympathy and had the interaction been different and more positive would she have told the world about it also. And that is a reason I find valid for Anna to "snub" Amy. 

Anna can choose her privacy the same as the rest of us, despite my desire to know all the ins (well not all) the ins and outs of her life for my own watch this shit show car crash of a life of hers. 

• Upvote 2

I don't like being touched by people I'm not very close to, and if someone has betrayed my family in the way that Anna surely feels Amy has done, I would not want them anywhere near me.  I can't even imagine the mind set that would make her try for physical contact with Anna.  Wtf?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Fuck Amy and Deanna.  Guess all the Duggars have an asshole gene...Jimmy, Mary, JimBob, Josh, Deanna, Amy, Jed certainly do.

• Upvote 2

Yes Amy, the Daily Fail is where I always go for God’s shining truth 😂😂

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

I used to give her the benefit of the doubt but she’s insufferable! The smug is oozing out of that picture.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Just now, Giraffe said:

I used to give her the benefit of the doubt but she’s insufferable! The smug is oozing out of that picture.  

I used to try to as well, because imagine being a niece of Jim Bob!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Yes Amy, the Daily Fail is where I always go for God’s shining truth 😂😂

thread title; Famy spreading God's shining truth through the Daily Fail

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

50 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That is some Jill Rodrigues-level filtering.

Eh, I can still make out that she has a nose, so maybe one notch below Jill? 

• Haha 8

Fame seeking or showing off must be in the genes.  I guess JB and Deana learned it from their mother?  Sad it keeps getting passed along.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 8/6/2023 at 9:40 PM, SPHASH said:

Fuck Amy and Deanna.  Guess all the Duggars have an asshole gene...Jimmy, Mary, JimBob, Josh, Deanna, Amy, Jed certainly do.

What did Jimmy do?

On 8/7/2023 at 4:59 PM, Giraffe said:

right? I cut her slack but no more

My god, I saw elsewhere that Famy is up at 1am making grilled cheese for Daxxy. And today, she buys him more crap. Does she not see that she's the one creating a monster? The kid's every whim is indulged. 

Horrible "parenting."

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s like Amy is parenting in the exact opposite way of Jim Bob. Both extremes aren’t good. 

I agree this seems very reactionary parenting. 

I hope this was a one-off ie) Dax woke up extremely hungry, hadn’t had enough to eat at supper, had had surgery and not been allowed to eat during the day. Otherwise, give him a glass of milk and some crackers and call it done. 

• I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

I hope this was a one-off ie) Dax woke up extremely hungry, hadn’t had enough to eat at supper, had had surgery and not been allowed to eat during the day. Otherwise, give him a glass of milk and some crackers and call it done. 

I agree that is the only logical reason I can think I would do this for my child 

If she was ill during the day and suddenly in the middle of the night got her appetite back. 

If my kid didn't eat dinner I don't think I would be as generous as a sandwich, I would stick an apple in her hand and go back to bed lol.

My kid is 7.5 so that plays a roll but at Daxxys age, I would have put a yoghurt pouch in her hand and gone back to bed. I figure the less fuss and attention given at this situation would stop the temptation to keep it happening. 

Who knows the kids metabolism, so I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the giving of food. But getting up and making a fuss of a sandwich is going to make a rod for her own back IMO. 

Also she may wanna look at why he wakes up, is he waking up because he is hungry or is he waking up from something else and then deciding he is hungry? If it is the later, then I would try and change what is waking him up. Mumma needs her sleep. 

• Upvote 1

Tell him to go back to bed and go to sleep.  He isn't an infant.  It's just a ploy to stay up and he won.  When in doubt ask another child.  Granddaughter got it in one because it's something she wishes she could slide by her mother.  

I'm sure if there had been surgery, illness, etc., fAmy wouldn't have been able to keep from talking about it.  Perhaps in more ways of making mama dance, he didn't eat his dinner.  Something else not to reward.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3

Amy updated to let everyone know Daxxy got to bed at a reasonable hour last night (9:00). I think that's still too late for a pre schooler, unless Amy herself is sleeping late and doesn't want to be disturbed at 6 am. 

I admit I can be pretty lax when it comes to parenting but I am strict about bedtime. I just can’t deal with exhausted children. So they have a consistent bed time and bed time routine. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I can be pretty lax when it comes to parenting but I am strict about bedtime. I just can’t deal with exhausted children. So they have a consistent bed time and bed time routine. 

As it should be. There's absolutely zero structure in Amy's "gentle parenting" model. 

• Upvote 2

My kid is an arse if she has to get up for school early and does not hit the hay at 730 pm

On Saturdays I let her stay up late as she can and does sleep in and still hits the hay at 730 pm Sunday for school the next day. 

I am a lax parent also and maybe if my child was not a child that needs lots of sleep  I would be more lenient. There are some kids who cant sleep long nights. Not mine she can sleep 730 pm to 9am, easy if I let her. 

We start bedtime wind down between 8 and 8:20 most nights for my 2.5yo, but we also aren't home as a family til after 6pm and I found earlier bedtime didn't allow us enough time to spend together.  She sleeps til about 7am most days, occasionally earlier and occasionally goes through periods where she doesn't sleep as well overall.  If she's giving sleepy cues we'll start earlier but if she's not ready she'll just cry for an hour or whatever.

She has not ever woken me up because she didn't get enough dinner, but I probably wouldn't get up to fix anything substantial - maybe an applesauce pouch - because that would just wake us up too much.  We are very pro gentle parenting but that's not the same as permissive parenting.  I try not to allow things I don't want to become habit.  Amy can do what she wants as long as she's okay with what it means long term.  No kid was ever ruined by a middle of the night grilled cheese, I don't think.

• Upvote 3

I agree with people who have said that 9:00 is late for a three year old.  We do bath at 7:00 so that she is in bed by 7:30. We then have stories, prayers, music, sleep. When kiddo wakes up, if it’s from a night terror it takes blooming forever to soothe her. Otherwise, if she’s just fussy crying, I stick a sippy cup of oat milk in her hand and she usually chugs it, then falls back asleep. No way am I cooking her a grilled cheese at 2:30 in the morning. How does Amy fall back asleep herself after doing this? 

• I Agree 3