• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Amy and Dillon 6: Moving Past the Duggars

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Amy has a store; Dillon has a restaurant.  JB is still trying to control everyone remotely related to him.

CaricatureQualities
Posted (edited)

Amy did another Livestream with Woacb where they hang out and don't mention the Duggars.... it's a fun game where they talk about the duggs but just don't say any names.

They talk about blanket training and Amy is against it and disgusted by it and won't be doing that to her son.

The Pearls are talked about as well as the Bateseses and the Plaths as examples. 

Edited by CaricatureQualities

WiseGirl

Hmmm texts with Jill but wishes Jessa and her family well. Is something going on? Why's she even doing an interview?

https://people.com/tv/amy-duggar-king-discusses-her-estranged-relationship-duggar-family/

"Jill and I text, not on a daily basis, but we text quite often," she said. "And we discuss things."

BullyJBG

She seems to focus more on the TV show being skewed. She was cast as the "rebel" because she doesn't live the same as them, but just says "we've chosen to live different". Why is she doing an interview? I wonder how that works; what kind of intimidation tricks are used on her? Or were they offering her a certain amount of money that'll help while their businesses aren't doing great during Covid-19?

marmalade

She can't even talk about her family (save Jill) because of the NDA in place. Deanna has one, too.

AussieKrissy
3 hours ago, marmalade said:

She can't even talk about her family (save Jill) because of the NDA in place. Deanna has one, too.

Are those things generally indefinite? Can we expect a tell in say ten years? 

WiseGirl
13 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Why is she doing an interview? I

That's my question too.

Now that you all brought it up how long is a NDA generally in place for?

SassyPants
13 hours ago, marmalade said:

My hope is that in her death, GM Mary provided Deanna some protections from JB. 

Tatar-tot

Amy is a hard working young lady who for all appearances seems to have her act together.  

None of the Duggar girls have accomplished as much as she has. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

BullyJBG
8 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

That's my question too.

Now that you all brought it up how long is a NDA generally in place for?

Jon Gosselin had one for 10 years. Not sure if that's standard or individual. Let the research begin. But probably enough time to evaluate what the purpose of a tell-all would be. I don't think Amy thinks their beliefs are dangerous; just not for her.

Bobology

The last line of the article says ... "I have freedom and it is wonderful." If that is a direct quote (as noted with quotations marks but I know some reporters/editors/etc do NOT report direct quotes correctly) then I'm very glad she said it and it is in print. That statement says a lot about what she knows.

AussieKrissy
8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My hope is that in her death, GM Mary provided Deanna some protections from JB. 

In what way? How? 

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Jon Gosselin had one for 10 years. Not sure if that's standard or individual. Let the research begin. But probably enough time to evaluate what the purpose of a tell-all would be. I don't think Amy thinks their beliefs are dangerous; just not for her.

I was thinking ten years also only based on tabloids saying Katie Holmes had to hide her relationships for ten years and was only finally seen with Jamie foxx pretty much bang on the ten year mark. 

Kayleigh83
2 hours ago, Bobology said:

The last line of the article says ... "I have freedom and it is wonderful." If that is a direct quote (as noted with quotations marks but I know some reporters/editors/etc do NOT report direct quotes correctly) then I'm very glad she said it and it is in print. That statement says a lot about what she knows.

I had the same feeling, I felt like wording it that way was very telling. Even if all it really meant was that she was raised to believe that she has more choices of what to do with her life than her cousins do. It still says a lot.

SassyPants
13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

In what way? How? 

Financially...via either her trust or will.

In terms of JB when control is discussed, the pocketbook is the vehicle. JB controls everyone by the purse strings.