IGNORED

Amy and Dillon 6: Moving Past the Duggars

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Amy has a store; Dillon has a restaurant.  JB is still trying to control everyone remotely related to him.

• Upvote 5

Amy did another Livestream with Woacb where they hang out and don't mention the Duggars.... it's a fun game where they talk about the duggs but just don't say any names.

They talk about blanket training and Amy is against it and disgusted by it and won't be doing that to her son.

The Pearls are talked about as well as the Bateseses and the Plaths as examples. 

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

• 2 months later...

Hmmm texts with Jill but wishes Jessa and her family well. Is something going on? Why's she even doing an interview?

https://people.com/tv/amy-duggar-king-discusses-her-estranged-relationship-duggar-family/

"Jill and I text, not on a daily basis, but we text quite often," she said. "And we discuss things."

• Upvote 7

She seems to focus more on the TV show being skewed. She was cast as the "rebel" because she doesn't live the same as them, but just says "we've chosen to live different". Why is she doing an interview? I wonder how that works; what kind of intimidation tricks are used on her? Or were they offering her a certain amount of money that'll help while their businesses aren't doing great during Covid-19?

• Upvote 4

She can't even talk about her family (save Jill) because of the NDA in place. Deanna has one, too.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

She can't even talk about her family (save Jill) because of the NDA in place. Deanna has one, too.

Are those things generally indefinite? Can we expect a tell in say ten years? 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Why is she doing an interview? I

That's my question too.

Now that you all brought it up how long is a NDA generally in place for?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

My hope is that in her death, GM Mary provided Deanna some protections from JB. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Amy is a hard working young lady who for all appearances seems to have her act together.  

None of the Duggar girls have accomplished as much as she has. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

That's my question too.

Now that you all brought it up how long is a NDA generally in place for?

Jon Gosselin had one for 10 years. Not sure if that's standard or individual. Let the research begin. But probably enough time to evaluate what the purpose of a tell-all would be. I don't think Amy thinks their beliefs are dangerous; just not for her.

• Thank You 3

The last line of the article says ... "I have freedom and it is wonderful." If that is a direct quote (as noted with quotations marks but I know some reporters/editors/etc do NOT report direct quotes correctly) then I'm very glad she said it and it is in print. That statement says a lot about what she knows.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My hope is that in her death, GM Mary provided Deanna some protections from JB. 

In what way? How? 

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Jon Gosselin had one for 10 years. Not sure if that's standard or individual. Let the research begin. But probably enough time to evaluate what the purpose of a tell-all would be. I don't think Amy thinks their beliefs are dangerous; just not for her.

I was thinking ten years also only based on tabloids saying Katie Holmes had to hide her relationships for ten years and was only finally seen with Jamie foxx pretty much bang on the ten year mark. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

The last line of the article says ... "I have freedom and it is wonderful." If that is a direct quote (as noted with quotations marks but I know some reporters/editors/etc do NOT report direct quotes correctly) then I'm very glad she said it and it is in print. That statement says a lot about what she knows.

I had the same feeling, I felt like wording it that way was very telling. Even if all it really meant was that she was raised to believe that she has more choices of what to do with her life than her cousins do. It still says a lot.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

In what way? How? 

Financially...via either her trust or will.

In terms of JB when control is discussed, the pocketbook is the vehicle. JB controls everyone by the purse strings. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

Today Amy made a post explicitly stating that she does not employ blanket training, and essentially calling it abusive. Comments section had more than a couple weirdos whose position was basically “yeah it’s abusive, but it’s not nice to point that out and throw your family under the bus”. :my_huh:  ooookaaay then.

In any case, very interesting to see her grab that particular bull by the horns.

89655F19-F02F-4E26-B6D4-80279BE82082.png

Edited by Kayleigh83
Added screenshot
  • Upvote 27
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 14

19 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Today Amy made a post explicitly stating that she does not employ blanket training, and essentially calling it abusive. Comments section had more than a couple weirdos whose position was basically “yeah it’s abusive, but it’s not nice to point that out and throw your family under the bus”. :my_huh:  ooookaaay then.

In any case, very interesting to see her grab that particular bull by the horns.

89655F19-F02F-4E26-B6D4-80279BE82082.png

Go Amy, I think her having Daxtyn and seeing that her aunt and uncle were blanket training and hitting her cousins when they were his age or even younger has made her notice how abusive it was and I am glad she made that post and spoke about it openly, some people may not realise Jim Bob and Michelle advocated that at one point and Amy's post may have brought it to people's attention. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

44 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Go Amy, I think her having Daxtyn and seeing that her aunt and uncle were blanket training and hitting her cousins when they were his age or even younger has made her notice how abusive it was and I am glad she made that post and spoke about it openly, some people may not realise Jim Bob and Michelle advocated that at one point and Amy's post may have brought it to people's attention. 

She also had a story expanding on her post where her mom jumped in and was like THIS IS WRONG. She said while the post seemed random, many people ask her about it.

• Upvote 6

Call me a leg Humper but I am really starting to like Cousin Amy. I think I always have actually. That video of her Mum and her really showed me that she is not such a bad kid and has grown up a bit since her Famy days. Horrible beliefs aside that she does seem to keep her mouth and social media shut up about. If her Non disclousre is a thing and somehow becomes null and void its her i am betting on for a tell all 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Cousin Amy did a live stream yesterday with Katie from Without a Crystal Ball.  I haven't watched it yet.

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Call me a leg Humper but I am really starting to like Cousin Amy. I think I always have actually. That video of her Mum and her really showed me that she is not such a bad kid and has grown up a bit since her Famy days. Horrible beliefs aside that she does seem to keep her mouth and social media shut up about. If her Non disclousre is a thing and somehow becomes null and void its her i am betting on for a tell all 

Just curious what horrible beliefs does Amy?

• Upvote 1

Wasn’t Amy always the normal kid thrown in to underline the weirdness of the Duggar drones? And why should her grandmother set her up with support against her uncle? It’s not as if her uncle is financing her life and therefore has any power over her. And what about those NDAs- would one signed as a minor hold any value? And if she signed one as an adult to appear on the show or just because he paid her too that’s her fault. Honestly, she didn’t have to be on camera with her cousins. It was her parents and later her choice.
I have nothing against her and I love that she is speaking out publicly against the abusive treatment those people call parenting. It is always hard to deal with family when some are living very different mindsets that you find wrong. But she didn’t live with this mindset- she had her own home to grow up in. So I don’t get the pity??????

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Cousin Amy did a live stream yesterday with Katie from Without a Crystal Ball.  I haven't watched it yet.

Another one?  Why?

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Just curious what horrible beliefs does Amy?

General "Christian" republican beliefs, the vast majority of conservative Christian republicans are anti choice, anti LGBTQ, anti healthcare, anti welfare, anti immigration and anti anything that would make life survivable & better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1