IGNORED

Amy and Dillon 6: Moving Past the Duggars

Coconut Flan

Actually, Amy has come out as pro LGBTQ+ on several occasions. She is anti choice (and has been to the banquets to prove it), but I don't think she has come out in the other issues. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 5

• 4 weeks later...

Amy is a lot more interesting now that she doesn't have to pretend she likes Jim Bob since Grandma Mary died. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 19

35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Amy is a lot more interesting now that she doesn't have to pretend she likes Jim Bob since Grandma Mary died. 

I also find it interesting that she and her husband seem to support Jill and Derick. I wonder if that means Amy's mom supports the Dillards too.

• Upvote 12

I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I think of the relationship between Deanna and JB. I'm sure Deanna supports Jill.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

I don't trust Amy for a even a microsecond. It wouldn't surprise me if she had someone send that to her just so she could talk about herself and get sympathy from her "fans". Just another scheme to take a dig at her relatives for not including her on the show. She liked the fame that came with 19 K&C more than anyone else in the family, which was nuts because the show had nothing to do with her.

Edited by becky_m2001
The reactions I get when I have a different opinion than everyone else are absolutely hilarious, by the way.
  • Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So Amy made a post to tell us she was taking a break.  (Only been, I don’t remember see tweets from her of late to begin with)

also, thanks Amy I didn’t realize I still followed you on twitter.  I’ll unfollow you now.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

• 3 months later...

How weird that any fundie or fundie adjacent have anything to do with her 

8C4B36CE-5A24-444C-B596-03100DD195BF.png

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2

On 7/2/2020 at 12:28 AM, marmalade said:

She can't even talk about her family (save Jill) because of the NDA in place. Deanna has one, too.

That seems to tell me there's something worth sharing that they don't want to be shared...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

We all know good and well when the UK tabloids quote "sources" that it's Famy. Why are we surprised she's courting KJ as well. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Amy and Deanna agreed to an interview with Today. Yes they did

What on earth can they say? They're both bound by NDAs.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Those aren't lifetime usually right? It's a set period of time? So if it was from after 19ks, it's probably expired or expiring. 5or 6 years would be about right wouldnt it? Wish the other half was home to answer this right now. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Those aren't lifetime usually right? It's a set period of time? So if it was from after 19ks, it's probably expired or expiring. 5or 6 years would be about right wouldnt it? Wish the other half was home to answer this right now. 

It depends on the contract. A place I worked for, after some whisteblowing, sent out to freelancers a 6-page NDA that included a clause that at no time ever, even after employment ended, would you ever say anything to anyone that could be considered negative about the company, its affiliates or anyone who ever was or would be, employed by or a contractor of the company. (Needless to say, I didn't sign.) Perhaps it legally would have been considered unenforceable, but it sure would be an expensive mess to find out.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, marmalade said:

It could be that they’ve realized JB won’t risk suing them with the Josh issue ongoing.

• Upvote 7

Amy is probably still a fame whore, but on the other hand I bet there is a whole lot she's been wanted to say for a long time, or at least be a support for Jill saying what she's wanted to say for a long time.

Part of me is, OK, fame whores Amy and Deanna, but go for it.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

Did we know of the NDAs for sure, or was it just a theory based on Amy having stopped talking about her cousins for a while?

• Upvote 6

On 5/28/2021 at 11:27 PM, marmalade said:

A few points: She was "shocked" about what happened with Josh. Heartbroken over the kids, and feeling it in a new way as a mom, that there were kids Daxie's age who were exploited like that.

She quoted the Bible verse about it being better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone around his neck than cause the little ones to stumble

She indicated that "justice needs to be served" regarding what Josh did. 

She talked about how if she had known what she knows now, she would never have agreed to be on the show. She struggled at times with her self-esteem, as she was portrayed as "the rebel Duggar"

There are currently boundaries between her and most of the family, and she talked of how she and Jill have re-connected in a new way, and that "she is coming into her own, and it is beautiful to see"

She calls the IBLP "sad" because girls and women are so limited to just be wives and moms

She credits her mom for raising her with "freedom" and to learn self-control on her own. Deanna then indicates how proud she is of Amy for being "a great person who loves deeply". As a result, Amy plans to raise Daxie in the same way.(not giving any indication if he'll one day have a sibling, but "that's how I want to parent"

Deanna also said she is "heartbroken" about what has happened in her family, and prays for them, saying "it's all I can do"

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 22

Amy did a tribute to Grandma Mary for Grandma Mary's birthday. She still misses her grandmother.

She mentions in the tribute that Mary liked to talk to strangers about their relationship with Jesus/God, etc. anywhere she went. This is not the first time I've Mary described as evangelizing everyone. Other family members like JB and Michelle have mentioned it too. I think Amy's tribute was on Instagram and it's probably still up there.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Did we know of the NDAs for sure, or was it just a theory based on Amy having stopped talking about her cousins for a while?

Amy has confirmed it a few times. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I mean, if she's willing to break the NDA and blab... I'm willing to listen!! Spill the tea, sis, you know you want to. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

I said earlier that Amy did a tribute to Mary on Instagram on May 26, which have been Grandma Mary's birthday. Here is the full text so you can read it for yourself. For me the part that sticks out is Grandma Mary "sharing her faith at a laundry mat or grocery store". 

It would have been your 80th Birthday today.I miss everything about you. The little things that nobody really knew but me. My shopping buddy, the way you didn’t like music in the car, Ice cream outings, and your many many lectures on the way to school, how you’d go share your faith at a laundry mat, a grocery store, you’d always have that little Bible everywhere with you . And now it’s in my car. You always wore that beautiful gold necklace on special occasions and now I’m wearing it today. You drilled into my head “show me your friends and I’ll show you your future. “ you cried with me when my high school bf broke my heart, and held my hand every time I fell down. Back then I didn’t really appreciate all of those lectures all the time but now I hold them close to my heart. I remember when you sat with Dillon for like 5 hours asking him all kinds of question to make sure he would take good care of me. Hilarious and the sweetest memories I’ll never forget. Our little precious one has your smile and it makes my heart melt!!I miss you terribly, but at the same time I’m so thankful you are in perfect peace. This world is so sad and if you were here you would be heartbroken. You’re heart was to precious to handle that kind of weight. I believe God took you away because it was your time to go but also to protect you. Love you always+ forever.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 12:36 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

For me the part that sticks out is Grandma Mary "sharing her faith at a laundry mat or grocery store". 

Me too. Because that's exactly what I want to hear while I'm choosing what kind of cereal I want. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

• 3 weeks later...

Amy's Instagram story question is interesting. If you sign an NDA regarding a show, and the show is cancelled, is the NDA still enforceable? ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1