IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

A Denny’s waitress had enough of the anti mask sticks of fuck. 

The men were apparently already filming before they began to speak with the Denny's worker, seemingly expecting a confrontation. In the video that the men filmed, the employee tells them they need to be wearing a face mask.

One of the men tells her they have a "religious exemption" before fumbling to say they “just don’t want to wear a mask.”

The employee responds by reiterating that they are required to wear a mask. The man then claims they are covered by the "Civil Rights Act of 1964," which, according to Newsweek, "does not guarantee your entry into any particular business establishment."

“You know what? I quit!” the employee says. “I f*cking quit! What is wrong with you people?”

• Sad 4
  • WTF 2

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

God Almighty, and in a totally not blasphemous way here, what is wrong with some people?

This quote:

"The photographer who got sick after shooting the COVID-positive groom said her experiences throughout the pandemic have left her a little depressed. She recalled one conversation from that wedding, before she left the reception. “I have children,” she told a bridesmaid, “What if my children die?” The bridesmaid responded, “I understand, but this is her wedding day.”"

is unbelievable, and makes me glad that we still have number restrictions on weddings and funerals here.  

Also I just wanted to add that the photographer has asthma, and frankly should be a lot more concerned about leaving her children motherless. But my reaction would be the same - what if my child dies?

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

God Almighty, and in a totally not blasphemous way here, what is wrong with some people?

This quote:

"The photographer who got sick after shooting the COVID-positive groom said her experiences throughout the pandemic have left her a little depressed. She recalled one conversation from that wedding, before she left the reception. “I have children,” she told a bridesmaid, “What if my children die?” The bridesmaid responded, “I understand, but this is her wedding day.”"

is unbelievable, and makes me glad that we still have number restrictions on weddings and funerals here.  

Also I just wanted to add that the photographer has asthma, and frankly should be a lot more concerned about leaving her children motherless. But my reaction would be the same - what if my child dies?

And some venues are not helping either.

A Fairfax couple says they couldn’t get a refund after they paid more than $10,000 dollars for a wedding reception that cancelled because of COVID-19. Dylan and Mariah Henderson booked their wedding more than a year in advance never foreseeing a pandemic. They had plans to have a 400 person wedding, reserving both barns at The Celebration Farm in Iowa City.

“The day the governor talked and made it 15 we were like this is, no way we could hold a 400 person wedding what we wanted, to 15.” Mariah told us.

They chose to cancel the wedding hoping for flexibility from the venue considering the restrictions in place.

“Our contract’s clear that we don’t have refunds,” Pam Cavey told us, Director of Operations & Guest Experience at The Celebration Farm.

I get the feeling that this publicity is gonna cost them a bit more than what the refund would have cost them in terms of lost business.  I sure as hell wouldn't use them now. 

Leaving aside the fact that I wouldn't want a 400 person wedding anyways even in non pandemic times.  I'd rather have a small, intimate family affair.  I think maybe 50 tops if not lower.  (One time when my sister wanted me to do something expensive for her wedding I told her that if I ever got married I was going to do a destination wedding in Rome and have my wedding at Santa Susanna as it was the American parish church at the time). 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I get the feeling that this publicity is gonna cost them a bit more than what the refund would have cost them in terms of lost business.  I sure as hell wouldn't use them now.

Agreed. Also the fact that they are still running apparently despite the 15 person order - you might think having to postpone a lot of weddings due to not being able to operate would make them more flexible. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Man travels on jet ski to visit girlfriend on Isle on Man, breaches quarantine regulations, is jailed.

The arrival of a man who travelled from Scotland to the Isle of Man on a jet ski to see his girlfriend was caught on camera, it has emerged.

Dale McLaughlan admitted breaching the island's Covid-19 laws by making the journey and was jailed on Monday.

Pictures of his arrival in Ramsey harbour emerged as the island's chief minister condemned his actions.

Howard Quayle said the 28-year-old's four-week sentence sent "a strong signal" to potential lawbreakers.

Spoiler

He said McLaughlan, who took four-and-a-half hours to travel from the Isle of Whithorn to Ramsey on Friday, had shown a "flagrant disregard" for the island's coronavirus laws.

McLaughlan, from Irvine in North Ayrshire, made the 25-mile (40km) crossing despite having never driven a jet ski before and then walked a further 15 miles (25km) from Ramsey to Douglas.

The Isle of Man border is currently closed to almost all non-residents and under emergency laws, those who break the rules face up to three months in jail or a fine of up to £10,000.

Although there are currently four active Covid-19 cases, the island is considered to be free of the virus as all are in isolation and there is no community spread.

With the exception of the border closure, life on the island has gone back to normal for most people - there is no social distancing and large gatherings, including Christmas lights switch-on events, are permitted.

Mr Quayle said he was "astonished" by McLaughlan's "incredibly reckless, dangerous endeavour", which could have led to "others being called upon to risk their lives in a search and rescue operation".

He said the 28-year-old had been aware of the law and "showed a flagrant disregard [by] mixing in the community and potentially putting lives at risk".

"I hope this sends a strong signal to others who do not take our laws seriously or who are mistaken in thinking that the rules do not apply to them," Mr Quayle added.

Possibly not the brightest bulb out there.

• Upvote 5

It’s frustrating watching the fuzz calmly try to reason with this bastard when they should have cuffed him and dragged his ass down town. 

• Upvote 5

They chose to cancel the wedding hoping for flexibility from the venue considering the restrictions in place.

“Our contract’s clear that we don’t have refunds,” Pam Cavey told us, Director of Operations & Guest Experience at The Celebration Farm.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, 47of74 said:

Event contract cancellation terms can vary in flexibility and honestly back when I planned big events while I was at The Big Company I hated doing those contracts.   If there was a need to cancel, and the Big Company had a penchant for doing that on a regular basis when they needed to cut costs, we would be stuck shelling out serious cash anyway. 

That said, I have wondered how couples are managing with cancellation clauses in their contracts due to Covid and unfortunately this venue was not going to be flexible.   I imagine some others are, though, probably for the reason above: bad publicity, even local, will hurt them more.    And it could help those venues recover post pandemic if they are known to be accommodating in a crisis versus the competition who wasn't. 

Edited by nokidsmom
Clarification, riffle
  • Upvote 6

Tommy had an on set disagreement with his crew 

Mr. Tom “I Probably Wore a Fake Ass” Cruise spent most of December screaming at the crew of the latest Mission Impossible movie about violating social distancing measures, then dealing with blowback from the leaked audio of his screams. I understand that Tommy is very concerned with “safety” and also with making sure that he can continue to mince around speedboats and do stunts on tall buildings for the rest of his life. If this is the case, I wish him the best of luck, because it sounds like the people still working with him are sort of terrified.

According to sources in Us Weekly, those who did not get fired from the set of Mission Impossible: Still Impossible, Still a Mission, Still Trying!** are now “walking on eggshells” around Mr. Temper-pants, living in fear of another expletive-laden scream time. “They believe it had a lot to do with his ego,” the source said.”Good intentions aside, he didn’t need to rant and rave the way he did.” Us Weekly also notes that Cruise allegedly paid $656,000 of his own money to house the crew on cruise ships, which is nice if true. However, please remember that $665,000 is a drop in the bucket for this man, whose net worth is an estimated $570 million. 

Anyway! That’s the tea. Mr. Big Yelling Man has sufficiently scared the shit out of everyone that’s left on set, but it’s okay because he is trying to keep them safe. This has absolutely nothing to do with his ego, how dare you suggest such a thing! Tom Cruise has NO ego! Tom Cruise wants to make movies for you and also for Xenu!! Certainly wouldn’t yell and scream at a bunch of people trying to do a job in order to churn up publicity and keep his name in the press!! No! Couldn’t be! 

I was listening to the Entertainment Law Update and they mentioned Tom’s in set blowup.  Yes, he’s trying to keep things up and running not just on his film but Hollywood as well. I’m on the fence with his outburst though.  I tend to agree there was a bit of ego at play and he was trying to play things up and showing off. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/22/2020 at 7:29 AM, 47of74 said:

It’s frustrating watching the fuzz calmly try to reason with this bastard when they should have cuffed him and dragged his ass down town. 

Someone should have put a big box of baby diapers next to him.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

On 12/23/2020 at 12:29 AM, 47of74 said:

I basically wish they would start calling mental health crisis teams on people doing this. They may be being arseholes, they may be having a crisis - either way treat them as if they are initially, and work from there. And if they aren't then ban them from the store.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I basically wish they would start calling mental health crisis teams on people doing this. They may be being arseholes, they may be having a crisis - either way treat them as if they are initially, and work from there. And if they aren't then ban them from the store.

I understand what you're saying about there being a need for mental health crisis needs and depending on the situation that might be the best thing.  I just wish they would be equal opportunity about all this and treat such people the same regardless of sex, race, gender identity, creed, and so on.  Whether that's the county lockup or the emergency psychiatric ward.  Too often it's not the case and whether you go to the emergency room for treatment, the jail, or are laid out at the medical examiner depends on the person's race and status in this country. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I understand what you're saying about there being a need for mental health crisis needs and depending on the situation that might be the best thing.  I just wish they would be equal opportunity about all this and treat such people the same regardless of sex, race, gender identity, creed, and so on.  Whether that's the county lockup or the emergency psychiatric ward.  Too often it's not the case and whether you go to the emergency room for treatment, the jail, or are laid out at the medical examiner depends on the person's race and status in this country. 

A few months ago I read about a trial program in Denver, Colorado where  trained social workers are being dispatched instead of police officers for certain complaints of disorderly behavior. I wonder if the conversations start out: "You look like you are having a really bad day. Want to tell us about it?"

• Upvote 3

Isn’t it amazing how, all of a sudden, people change their minds about Covid when they experience it themselves? It’s almost as if they suffer from singular selfishness and a complete lack of empathy. ?Forgive me if I fail to give Dr Drew and his ilk any gold stars for their sudden Covid concern. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Becky said:

Isn’t it amazing how, all of a sudden, people change their minds about Covid when they experience it themselves? It’s almost as if they suffer from singular selfishness and a complete lack of empathy. ?Forgive me if I fail to give Dr Drew and his ilk any gold stars for their sudden Covid concern. 

Not all of them change for the better after getting the disease. Boorish Johnson in the UK, Fuck Face, and so on. If Senator Pig Castrator or Covid Kim here in Iowa gets it I ain’t gonna have the least bit of goddam  sympathy for them.  Especially Joni who spread all sorts of conspiracy bullshit but shoved her way to the front of the line when the vaccine came out. 

Edited by 47of74
Goddamn autocorrect NOT cycling.
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic