IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

Protesters held an anti-lockdown rally in Melbourne yesterday.

So... we've gone from 700+ cases/day in early Aug to 7 cases today. We've slowly eased restrictions on gatherings and distances travelled. We are slowly opening up to try and keep the new case numbers small and the clusters under control.

And these dickheads choose now to hold a fucking protest? Over what exactly?! If we end up with clusters out of this I will hunt them down and shoot paintballs at them (assuming they live within 25km of me, heh). 

And other dickheads keep vandalizing the Premier's electoral office.

Seriously I wish people would get a grip already. 

• Upvote 6

A judge in Brazil learned the hard way even if one doesn’t feel like wearing dress pants at least wear some kind of pants. 

Brazilian magistrate who appeared without pants during a virtual meeting has become the subject of a viral video after the faux pas was shared overnight.

Superior Court of Justice magistrate Néfi Cordeiro appeared via video link dressed in a suit and tie from the waist up but was noticeably missing his pants when he stood up from his chair.

Cordeiro was meeting virtually with colleagues for a panel discussion on the Sixth Chamber of the second when the blunder was broadcast to the judiciary's official YouTube page, Metropoles reports.

The magistrate, who appears in the middle of the screen, can be seen leaving his desk to sit closer to the camera but seems unaware he has been recorded without pants.

• Haha 5

So you may be aware that Victoria, Australia had a covid-19 outbreak that caused us to go into lockdown from the beginning of July, and stay there for 111 days. One of our Opposition State MPs, Tim Smith, who belongs to the conservative part of politics and who is the Member for Kew (or Far Kew as we often refer to him) has sniped a lot at the Government about this, and basically tried unsuccessfully to undermine public health restrictions and the government at every turn. Recently we had two days in a row with zero new cases, and zero deaths, which was being referred to as a double donut day (0 = donut).

So our Tim decided that now was a good time to come out swinging about the number of deaths (just over 800) that had been caused by covid-19 and which he blames on the Premier and the government (side note: the majority of deaths were in aged care, which is funded through the federal government- where Tim's party is in power, and where structural issues likely to cause increased harm were being discussed due to funding issues before 2020. But let's not get into that.) 

Tim, being the special person that he is, decided to make his point visually, and came out with an "800" made from donuts.

Spoiler

122726513_1467536413442433_3264412727510599781_n.jpg.d0868a9e3b699c2903f2ad20d2f0d791.jpg

And that is why #donutdick was the leading tag on Australian Twitter for at least 12 hours this week.

Mind you Tim is the same one who tried to set up a rigged poll on Facebook where every reaction option was "I blame the government". Except he forgot one reaction, and managed to lose his own rigged poll by a considerable margin.

He also suggested killing all the native bats that live along the river in Melbourne in case they had coronavirus. At this rate of stupidity he'll end up running the country...

• Upvote 7

This Stick of Fuck down in Florida decided to get stupid

According to an arrest affidavit, Christopher Vacha, 30, yesterday summoned an Uber around 4:30 AM to a waterfront apartment complex in Treasure Island. When the car arrived, driver Raymond Jackson, 68, told Vacha “he had to wear a mask or he could not ride.”

Vacha, investigators allege, then “blew into [Jackson’s] face through driver window.”

When Jackson exited his car, Vacha punched him in the face, the affidavit charges.

Vacha was arrested for aggravated battery on a person aged 65 or older, a felony. He was also charged with resisting for allegedly ignoring police orders to place his hands behind his back.

Gonna jump out on the ol limb and guess this guy is a fuck face supporter.  And even if we didn't have the picture of the fucker it wouldn't be too hard to guess his race since a member of any other race would have been shot for not putting his hands behind his back.

• I Agree 4

Remember how all the Covid deniers said it was a hoax designed to mess with the election, and it would go away after the election? Well, it's now after the election, and Covid's still here.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, JMarie said:

Remember how all the Covid deniers said it was a hoax designed to mess with the election, and it would go away after the election? Well, it's now after the election, and Covid's still here.

Pretty sure they think that's only because Trump hasn't been declare King-God For Life yet.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

A covidiot in Dubuque just torpedoed his brewery cause freedumb. 

0A745C5E-9BE9-429D-AF81-D2654C9E0ACF.thumb.jpeg.e0daf962eaff5744676403a6e3cb4058.jpeg
Said brewery owner went off on a long ass rant public FB rant after his business received a citation from the city for not enforcing the mask mandate  

Yeah I won’t be going back even after the pandemic is over. First his beer is nothing special. Second he pisses and shits all over the other brewers trying to do their part and keep afloat during this time. 

Edited by 47of74
  • WTF 5

Iowa Woman is doing her part 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Here's more on that brewery owner  idiot I mentioned the other day who just lost a number of customers cause he doesn't want to follow the anti-mask mandate.

The owner of 7 Hills Brewing Company went to Facebook to explain why he does not follow the mandate. On a lengthy post, he said he does not rule by force, that every business should follow its own rules, and that “Simon Says” should not now be “Science Says.”

Police Chief Mark Dalsing said they have issued three citations to the restaurant for not complying. The latest citation means a $750 fine and $85 in court costs.

“There comes a point in time when you are wasting everybody’s time to keep issuing citations, but we will keep documenting them to make sure we have a very thorough case when it does go to court," Dalsing said.

“This is a health issue and we want you to have a long, successful business, but if we have to go to a shutdown because of the spread of COVID, it is not doing any good,” Dalsing explained.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

Why I wanna move out of Iowa part one trillion

A group of Iowa Pastors are calling for Governor Reynold to reverse her mask mandate. That’s even though churches are exempt from that mandate already.

That’s because it’s not required. Not only are churches exempt from Iowa’s mask mandate, Pastor Jones is part of a group of pastors pushing against the mandate anywhere.

“It is something that is forcibly covering the image of God,” he said. “And that’s often used throughout history to put people and nations specifically in people group into submission to a governing authority.”

Jones also questions the effectiveness of mask. That’s despite overwhelming studies and guidance from medical experts showing masks prevent the spread of COVID-19.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 6

41 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

“It is something that is forcibly covering the image of God,” he said. “And that’s often used throughout history to put people and nations specifically in people group into submission to a governing authority.”

So is having to wear clothes in public, yet nobody seems hellbent on making that argument. :roll:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

Where the fuck did this guy get his degree from, Trump University?

Sanford Health’s CEO, Kelby Krabbenhoft, said in an email Wednesday that he believes he’s now immune for “at least seven months." And he says he isn’t a threat to transmit it, so wearing a mask would be merely for show. Krabbenhoft’s email comes as hospitals throughout the region are struggling.

• WTF 3

On 11/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, Cartmann99 said:

So is having to wear clothes in public, yet nobody seems hellbent on making that argument. :roll:

I would so be the person out there making that argument. And getting as many people as I could with me to argue it. Sometimes you just have to find ways to entertain  yourself in lock down...

• Upvote 2

That idiot hospital CEO in South Dakota isn’t working at that hospital system anymore. 

The head of one of the largest regional health systems in the Midwest has been replaced after telling employees that he had recovered from COVID-19 and was not wearing a mask. 

Sanford Health said in a release Tuesday that it has “mutually agreed to part ways” with longtime CEO Kelby Krabbenhoft, who took over in 1996. 

I wonder if #CovidKristi will offer him a job now?  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

This idiot woman I went to primary school with has posted a meme about minding your own business if you see cars outside your neighbour's place at Thanksgiving. There are three things really headscratching about this - 1. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Literally the only people I know who do here are American or Canadian. She's neither. Her husband is neither.  2. Underneath her post she mentions they're going away for 6 weeks interstate. Is she basically telling her neighbours not to call the cops if they see people going into her house while she's away? 3. Everywhere they're going has lifted the border restrictions. She's not going to be a total rebel for freedom valiantly railing against unjust laws doing anything illegal by driving to QLD and crossing through NSW. 

The stupidest thing is she's (marginally) more likely to catch covid in those states than where she is - they have cases (in hotel quarantine), we don't.

Also, seriously - way to let the burglars know you're not home for 6 weeks and the neighbours have been told not to notice. Part of me hopes she gets totally cleaned out.

• Upvote 5

A fast food joint discovered when one is a franchise operation getting stupid can cost big time. 

A Big Boy restaurant in Sandusky, Michigan faces legal consequences for violating COVID-19 state orders by staying open for indoor dining, and will be forced to drop its name and affiliation with its corporate head, Big Boy Restaurant Group.

The local restaurant vowed to stay open after Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced a ban on indoor dining from November 18 through December 8, in an attempt to curb the spread of COVID-19, ClickonDetroit.com earlier reported.

In response, the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) has issued at least $5,000 in fines, and sent a cease-and-desist letter to the restaurant alleging a breach in health and safety measures during the pandemic.

Chief Operating Officer of Big Boy Restaurant Group Bob Scavo disavowed the local restaurant by calling it a "rogue franchise," and said that the corporation had taken the legal steps necessary to terminate its relationship.

I think that would be a kiss of death for that restaurant. They’ll lose not only the right to use the name but also will not be able to use the recipes or get the food from the company anymore.  

Edited by 47of74
Apple how the fuck did you think kiss needed to be autocorrected to loss?
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Chief Operating Officer of Big Boy Restaurant Group Bob Scavo disavowed the local restaurant by calling it a "rogue franchise," and said that the corporation had taken the legal steps necessary to terminate its relationship.

Sarah Palin just popped up in my head and started screeching. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Sauders’ Store is a Mennonite-run grocery/book/craft store in my town.

One of Seneca County’s largest locally owned grocery stores has a public health administrative hearing scheduled over COVID-19 violations.

In a notice sent from the County Attorney’s Office, an administrative hearing was scheduled for Sauder’s Store Inc. on December 9th at 10 a.m.

Sauder’s Store Inc., located at 2146 River Road in Seneca Falls is alleged to have failed to abide by the applicable New York State Law and Regulations pertaining to the Coronavirus Pandemic.

I haven’t been inside since I saw “To Beat Up A Child” for sale there.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 3

127223934_3589174817795617_804323476476150660_n.jpg.407e8a6b1e31b0988bef2cb13b0b6dcf.jpg

She apparently deleted the tweets, but not before one extra attempt at having a go at the fully qualified professional who knows what they're talking about. 

Spoiler

127574722_825611798281039_7005798276037053232_n.thumb.jpg.6438e119bb050a130b769ee28af03ebf.jpg

Oh and being an arsehole together with random people on the internet. 

Spoiler

127222831_10159157302223833_3337788712892813758_o.thumb.jpg.95dcbc702695f6210e4fa6496199e907.jpg

Now we just tell them the chicken guts have magical healing properties and they should cure their cancer with it. /s

• Upvote 4

A Oregon doctor who is not helping. 

An Oregon doctor dismissed Covid-19 as a "common cold" in a recently surfaced video and said the staff members at his clinic have not worn masks during the coronavirus pandemic.

The doctor, Steven LaTulippe, made the comments Nov. 7 during a "Stop the Steal" rally in support of President Donald Trump to a group gathered outside the State Capitol in Salem.

"I want to expose what I call corona mania," LaTulippe says in a video shared on YouTube by the political group Multnomah County Republicansand first reported by NBC affiliate KGW of Portland.

"I want you to know that I never shut down during the entire Covid season. ... I hate to tell you this, I might scare you, but I and my staff, none of us once wore a mask in my clinic," he continued as the crowd cheered. "And how many problems did we have in our clinic from that? Zero. Absolutely none."

So far the Oregon medical authorities haven’t taken any action yet. If it was up to me I’d have that board tell this stick of fuck that he has two choices. Give up his medical license or go to a coronavirus hotspot like Iowa and see what his fellow health care professionals are dealing with. Of course it’s a fucking stretch to call him one. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

Another one

The associate pastor of a California megachurch that defied a state order and instead opened for indoor services has died.

Bob Bryant of the Water of Life Community Church in Fontana in Southern California died Monday, just weeks after the evangelical church moved services inside, defying a California regulation that allows only outdoor services.

Bryant, 58, who was married and had four children, will be honored at a memorial service Monday inside the church, according to its website, again in defiance of health regulations. 

Bryant became sick while on vacation last month and did not return to the church after he began experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, a church spokesperson told the Los Angeles Times.

It just struck me how the church is doubling down here. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

That anti-mask doctor in Oregon I mentioned the other day just had his license suspended 

Oregon’s Medical Board voted Thursday to suspend a physician’s license indefinitely after he boasted that he and his staff have “not once” worn masks in his clinic to help stem the spread of COVID-19.

The board issued an “emergency” order to immediately suspend Dr. Steven LaTulippe’s medical license “due to the board’s concern for the safety and welfare of licensee’s current and future patients,” according to a statement on the board’s website.

LaTulippe, who owns the family practice clinic South View Medical Arts in Dallas, southwest of Portland, dismissed the importance of masks in a Nov. 7 speech at a “Stop the Steal” rally in Salem last month after the presidential election.

The documents noted that he allegedly told a patient seeking guidance about COVID-19 in July that asymptomatic people should not get tested, that a mask does not prevent transmission, and not to self-isolate because exposure to others would develop immunity to the coronavirus.

Only way he should be able to practice medicine ever again is after working in an ICU here in Iowa for a fucking month. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic