IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

On 7/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Did she do that in every aisle? If so, it probably took her forever to get her shopping done.

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, JMarie said:

Did she do that in every aisle? If so, it probably took her forever to get her shopping done.

She reminds me of this woman:

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JMarie said:

I'm still amazed no one called the psych assessment team. I would have - woman in shop acting irrationally and shouting  religious sounding things... sounds like a possible mental health crisis to me.

• Upvote 2

A couple fucking idiots up in Minnesota

A couple wore Nazi flags wrapped around their faces into the Walmart in Marshall on Saturday in protest of the state’s mask mandate aimed at curbing the spread of COVID-19.

Raphaela Mueller, a German descendant of a Nazi resister, saw the couple in the store and immediately felt nauseated, she told the Reformer. She approached a manager about the couple when the pair appeared in the check-out line. Mueller then took a picture of the woman giving the Nazi salute and then started recording the incident on her phone, which she posted to Facebook.

“I was crying when I was taking the video,” said Mueller, who lives near Marshall and is training to become a Lutheran pastor. “This is really traumatic to see something like this because we all know what happened during the Holocaust. To be so blatantly disrespectful is so hurtful.”

Someone in the store called the police on the couple, which sent officers to serve trespass notices, according to Marshall Police Sergeant Jason Buysse.

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 7

Australian morning show host clash with anti-masker.

Spoiler

Today hosts Karl Stefanovic and Ally Langdon have clashed with an anti-mask advocate's unfounded claims coronavirus statistics have been "orchestrated" during a fiery Today interview.

Lizzy Rose, a professional psychic, agreed to be interviewed on Today after she posted a video which showed her arguing with Bunnings staff over why she wasn't wearing a mask. In the footage, uploaded to Facebook, she said wearing a mask "is about choice".

Ms Rose questioned the legitimacy of coronavirus cases and fatality numbers and said the pandemic was manufactured.

It was orchestrated. The level and amount of effect it has had is not true. The statistics aren't true," she claimed.

Stefanovic interjected and told her "it's medically diagnosed".

"What was your medical degree again, sorry?," Stefanovic later said.

I am not a doctor," Ms Rose replied. "I am not a scientist but I worked as a medic, OK. I obviously quite a while ago, not when COVID was around."

Stefanovic countered: "When did you work as a medic? You are a medic or a psychic?"

I have been a professional working psychic since nine years old," Ms Rose said.

As Ms Rose stood by her claims, Stefanovic said he couldn't listen to the responses and ended the interview.

Stefanovic was left visibly upset by Lizzy Rose's statements, and said it makes light of Australia's health crisis.

WATCH AND READ

Karl Stefanovic apologises for ending interview with anti-mask advocate

Play Video

Karl Stefanovic apologises for ending interview with anti-mask advocate

1 / 20

><

Today hosts Karl Stefanovic and Ally Langdon have clashed with an anti-mask advocate's unfounded claims coronavirus statistics have been "orchestrated" during a fiery Today interview.

Lizzy Rose, a professional psychic, agreed to be interviewed on Today after she posted a video which showed her arguing with Bunnings staff over why she wasn't wearing a mask. In the footage, uploaded to Facebook, she said wearing a mask "is about choice".

Ms Rose questioned the legitimacy of coronavirus cases and fatality numbers and said the pandemic was manufactured.

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

READ MORE: 'Karen of Bunnings' calls the cops on A Current Affair

Ms Rose filmed herself refusing to wear a mask in Bunnings. (Today)

"It was orchestrated. The level and amount of effect it has had is not true. The statistics aren't true," she claimed.

Stefanovic interjected and told her "it's medically diagnosed".

"What was your medical degree again, sorry?," Stefanovic later said.

Ms Rose filmed herself in Bunnings without a mask. (Today)

"I am not a doctor," Ms Rose replied. "I am not a scientist but I worked as a medic, OK. I obviously quite a while ago, not when COVID was around."

Stefanovic countered: "When did you work as a medic? You are a medic or a psychic?"

Today hosts Karl Stefanovic and Ally Langdon clashed with an anti-mask advocate on air. (Today)

"I have been a professional working psychic since nine years old," Ms Rose said.

As Ms Rose stood by her claims, Stefanovic said he couldn't listen to the responses and ended the interview.

Stefanovic was left visibly upset by Lizzy Rose's statements, and said it makes light of Australia's health crisis.

Ambulance service workers push a stretcher into the St Basil's homes for the Aged facility in Fawkner on July 27, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Getty)

"We have had people on our show who are losing loved ones and they have to say goodbye to their loved ones with FaceTime," he said."It's actually so upsetting. Then we have someone like that who goes in and it is all very difficult for everyone, especially in a working environment like Bunnings. They have to put up with the public coming in and there she is.

"I thought that there is some sense from her but there is none. I apologise from the outset if I was too aggressive with her but there is no place for that in our environment."

Co-host Ally Langdon said the Today team discussed the decision to interview Ms Rose today.

"We had this discussion last night whether we would give her air time," Langdon said.

"It is important. Bunnings staff members who are doing the right thing are faced with this kind of activity, and we felt it was important to hear from her."

Glad that at least some TV hosts are prepared to call out people's idiot claims, even if they are giving her attention. Personally I hope she's banned from every place she tries to shop.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

Anti-mask Bunnings Karen memes.

There are a lot in there I find hilarious, plus the added bonus of this bit:

"Then came the Queensland truck driver who refused to provide his details and instead asked police “am I a man?” (to which the officer promptly responded, ‘it’s 2020 mate, what do you identify as?‘)."

I seriously can't believe that the Executive Director of the Human Rights Law Centre has had to take to Twitter to explain human rights to us all though. Also Amnesty International Australia, who put up this several weeks ago with the tag line "we've been involved in human rights for several decades now. We would know."

114119489_10157378220186981_6442744951307617372_n.thumb.jpg.a0efd35cf8ea90738ec270876c2212d9.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Smirnoff is still around

Yakov Smirnoff, a comedian whose face has been a fixture of Branson billboards and pamphlets for decades, came to City Hall on Tuesday to oppose the proposed mask ordinance.

He told aldermen that he recently visited Chicago and couldn’t wait to get back to Branson because of a mask mandate in the Windy City.

“It becomes a police state,” he said

He came to Branson early because of the pandemic: With no venues open in his home state of California, Smirnoff added extra shows on Branson’s strip as the town reopened in May. And his show has a new name: “Laughter Rx FDA Approved.”

Jesus Yakov did Vlad pay you to say all that?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

Covid conspiracy theorist arrested in Melbourne.

So this is the sovereign citizen/covid conspiracy theorist who talked her way through a roadblock and then put the filmed footage up online to boast about that.

You know I don't actually mind that level of idiocy because at least it's entertaining.

Anyway the police tracked her down, pulled her over and she tried to repeat her Jedi Mind Trick of not giving them her details and failed dismally. Also the police broke her car window after she refused to exit the vehicle when placed under arrest. Basically she's been arrested on several counts of failing to provide identification when requested, and some breaches of the current lock down rules. She's out on bail now, which at least gives her time to work on her Jedi powers and get her car window fixed before she appears before the magistrate.

Meanwhile in Queensland two 19 year olds travelled to Melbourne for a party (currently illegal here, was shut down by police), then returned to Queensland via Sydney. Normally this would not be an issue, but currently Queensland has a mandatory 14 day self-isolation period for travellers returning from Victoria. As this would have apparently derailed their plans they decided not to mention it when they entered the state. Then over the next 8 days they went to work, caught up with friends, went shopping, ate out.. and then got sick, got tested and were positive.  Oops, sprung. They also are rumoured to have attempted to steal handbags while in Victoria just for good measure. Anyway there are now investigations in three states going on (NSW doesn't believe a word coming out of their mouths and is confirming whether or not they only transited through the airport or not), and two schools have been shut down (one woman worked as a cleaner at one, and a friend was infected who worked at another), multiple nursing homes in the area where they live and work have gone on lockdown until they have contact traced and tested to try and ensure no more spread. 

And a lot of Victorians are going "see? Like we said, one idiot is all it takes. Or two in this case." 

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 9

Oh awesome - it looks like a case in Queensland is linked to both the two idiot women and an aged care facility. I really, sincerely hope it has not spread within the facility as we know all too well what that looks like.

Our new case numbers today are 627 - please Lord let us peak soon and come down again. 

And apparently an organised crime syndicate may be involved. Seriously this just gets more bizarre.

Spoiler

Queensland police are investigating whether young women at the centre of the state's latest coronavirus controversy were coached by an organised crime syndicate to cover their tracks at the border.

News Ticker

LIVE BLOG

Follow our live coverage for the latest news on the coronavirus pandemic.

2 / of2

Queensland police investigate crime syndicate involvement after Brisbane women charged with coronavirus border fraud

Exclusive by investigative reporter Josh Robertson

Posted 10hhours ago, updated 4hhours ago

Diana Lasu (left) and Olivia Winnie Muranga (right) are under police investigation.(Facebook)

Queensland police are investigating whether young women at the centre of the state's latest coronavirus controversy were coached by an organised crime syndicate to cover their tracks at the border.

Key points:

The ABC understands police are examining whether the trio acted on the instructions of crime syndicate handlers

Police are investigating the women's alleged involvement in stealing luxury handbags in Sydney

Diana Lasu's parents and seven siblings tested negative to COVID-19 but are awaiting results from a second test

Diana Lasu, 21, Olivia Muranga, 19, and a 21-year-old Algester woman have been charged with fraud and lying to health officials to evade quarantine after a trip to Melbourne — a declared COVID-19 hotspot.

The ABC understands police are examining whether the trio acted on the instructions of crime syndicate handlers in a bid to evade quarantine, including by destroying phones.

The crime syndicate is allegedly involved in the theft and transport of luxury items between capital cities.

The ABC has been told police are investigating the women's alleged involvement in stealing luxury handbags over two days in Sydney and another two days in Melbourne.

In Melbourne, the women were fined by authorities for breaking COVID-19 rules by organising a party of more than 30 people at their accommodation.

It is understood the Queensland Government were not aware of the Victorian fines until well after the women's return.

Police in a statement yesterday said all three women were cooperating.

They said there was a second criminal investigation — task force Sierra Linnet — "which is unrelated and not connected to the alleged travel to Victoria".

'She's not an animal'

The mother of one of the women said she understood public anger amid fears about a second wave of community transmission — but felt her daughter had been unfairly singled out as a "serious criminal".

Speaking to the ABC from hotel quarantine, Ms Lasu's mother Aida said she was upset that her daughter faced public vilification when other wrongdoers under COVID-19 restrictions had not been named and shamed.

"Imagine if you have something like that, you don't have any support and people treat you like a serious criminal," she said.

"Nobody wants to give you support. She's very sad. She is my daughter. She's not an animal."

Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll yesterday publicly lambasted the trio as having been "deceitful, deceptive and quite frankly criminal".

Ms Lasu and Ms Muranga were the target of furious commentary on social media after they were named in reports by most media outlets.

Commissioner Carroll today took aim at people making derogatory comments about the women.

"We have seen community members making comments about certain cultural groups and ethnicities — this is not productive at all," Commissioner Carroll said.

"People doing the wrong thing come from all walks of life, backgrounds and community groups.

"So it is important, especially in these times, that community groups actually come together rather than fracture."

Speaking on ABC Radio Brisbane, Queensland Deputy Commissioner Steve Gollschewski said he was disappointed the women's identities were revealed in media outlets and on social media.

"I have to say, I was rather disappointed about that," he said.

"We had an ongoing investigation that had not been concluded and no charges had been laid and we were trying to get the cooperation of these people, that kind of thing impacts on that.

"But nonetheless we recognise these are extraordinary times and we understand the concern in the community."

Authorities fear the young women may have unknowingly spread the disease through their movements around Brisbane over eight days.

The ABC has obtained CCTV showing one of the women — understood to be Ms Muranga — visiting a dessert bar at South Bank with an unidentified companion on Monday afternoon.

The vision shows the pair following all COVID-19 protocols, from registering their personal details online on entry, to washing their hands before sitting down at their table.

Cowch restaurant owner Arif Memis told the ABC five staff members who had indirect contact with the women were in isolation and awaiting test results.

"But our advice from Queensland Health is there was minimal risk of transmission because of our stringent COVID-safe plan that we follow," he said.

Mr Memis said Queensland Health had given him the green light to keep trading and the premises was treated with a "hospital-grade disinfectant" on Wednesday night.

Family tests negative, awaiting second test result

Aida Lasu said she had not spoken to her daughter since Wednesday, when she was taken to the Princess Alexandra Hospital and the rest of the family taken to an inner-city hotel.

She said Diana had told her family she was going to visit her sister at Blacktown in Sydney.

She said her daughter was studying pharmacy at Griffith University and had never been in trouble with the police before.

However, a spokesman for Griffith University told the ABC the woman had never studied, nor applied to study there.

Aida Lasu said she, her husband, and her other seven children had tested negative to COVID-19 once and were awaiting results from a second test taken on Thursday afternoon.

Police said all three women were in quarantine and were due to appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on September 28.

I feel for her mother, who is having to face a few truths about her daughter.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 4

My neighbor texted me last night to give me a heads up it might be noisy tonight and there will be a lot of cars on our street because they're having a graduation party for their son. In Florida.

I wanted to respond with "I don't care about the noise or cars, but tell your family to stay far away from me for the next several weeks!" ?‍♀️

• WTF 8

Kansas Mayor who declined mask - tests positive for Covid

• Upvote 4

It's not a good idea to run your cash through a washing machine or a microwave to get the virus out.

Money laundering is not a good idea, as a South Korean found out when he or she put banknotes in a washing machine to remove possible traces of the coronavirus.

The person living in Ansan city, near Seoul, placed an unspecified amount of 50,000-won ($42) bills in a washing machine earlier this year. Some of the money was seriously damaged, and the person reached out to the Bank of Korea to find whether it could be exchanged for new bills.

Under bank rules on the exchange of damaged, mutilated and contaminated banknotes, the person was provided with the new currency totaling about 23 million won ($19,320), the Bank of Korea said in a statement.

According to the bank, another person, surnamed Kim, put bills in a microwave over similar coronavirus concerns earlier this year. The bank exchanged Kim’s damaged money with the new currency worth 5.2 million won ($4,370). Seo said Kim’s losses were not big.

• Haha 4

This is what happens when you have a president (sic) who politicizes mask wearing: "‘Not handling the pandemic well’: Man fires at officers with AK-47 after refusing to wear a mask, police say"

Spoiler

When a cigar shop clerk told Adam Zaborowski on Friday he had to wear a mask in the shop, the 35-year-old angrily refused. Instead, he grabbed two stogies, stormed outside — and then pulled a handgun and shot at the clerk, Bethlehem Township, Pa., police said.

The next day, cornered near his home, Zaborowski allegedly fired at police with an AK-47, sparking a wild shootout with at least seven officers that ended with him shot multiple times and under arrest.

The case is the latest violent incident tied to arguments over mandatory mask orders. But Zaborowski’s reaction was driven by his own intense difficulty with the pandemic, his attorney claimed; before the shootout, Zaborowski had lost his job and had also recently lost custody of his child.

“He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”

In recent weeks, police say arguments over masks have led to the vicious beating of Trader Joe’s employees in New York, the fatal shooting of a Family Dollar store security guard in Michigan, and the shooting of a McDonald’s worker in Oklahoma. That violence adds more challenges for retail stores and restaurants where workers are left to dictate mask rules that authorities often haven’t given police the option to enforce.

Zaborowski’s alleged rampage started Friday morning at Cigars International in Bethlehem Township, where he adamantly argued he didn’t have to wear a mask, even after a clerk offered to serve him curbside.

Instead, Zaborowski pulled out a sheet of paper to point out a line in Pennsylvania state law that he insisted proved he didn’t have to wear a mask, a witness to the scene told WFMZ. In fact, Pennsylvania, which has had more than 113,000 cases of covid-19 and more than 7,200 deaths, made masks mandatory in most locations outside of the home starting July 1.

“It’s crazy,” said Tom Gallagher, who was shopping in the store at the time. “It’s the mask. The guy was obviously anti-mask.”

After Zaborowski walked out without paying for his cigars, police say he fired his gun once in the air and twice at a clerk who confronted him outside. Multiple customers were also sitting outside the shop in the direction he fired.

The next morning, police and state troopers were waiting to arrest Zaborowski outside his home in Slatington, Pa., when he hopped in a truck and drove off, police told the Express-Times. When they stopped him nearby, he jumped out of the vehicle and started firing at police with the AK-47 and a semiautomatic handgun.

“Both the Slatington Borough officer and troopers returned fire and struck Zaborowski,” State Trooper Nathan Branosky said in a news release.

Zaborowski was hit in the buttocks and leg, Waldron said, and is expected to recover.

“The fact that he got shot twice with non-life-threatening injures when he had an AK-47 and another handgun, Adam is very fortunate he ended up the way he did,” Waldron told the Express-Times.

He is now charged with 22 counts including attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery, the Express-Times reported, and is being held on $1 million bail.

• WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is what happens when you have a president (sic) who politicizes mask wearing: "‘Not handling the pandemic well’: Man fires at officers with AK-47 after refusing to wear a mask, police say"

Hide contents

When a cigar shop clerk told Adam Zaborowski on Friday he had to wear a mask in the shop, the 35-year-old angrily refused. Instead, he grabbed two stogies, stormed outside — and then pulled a handgun and shot at the clerk, Bethlehem Township, Pa., police said.

The next day, cornered near his home, Zaborowski allegedly fired at police with an AK-47, sparking a wild shootout with at least seven officers that ended with him shot multiple times and under arrest.

The case is the latest violent incident tied to arguments over mandatory mask orders. But Zaborowski’s reaction was driven by his own intense difficulty with the pandemic, his attorney claimed; before the shootout, Zaborowski had lost his job and had also recently lost custody of his child.

“He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”

In recent weeks, police say arguments over masks have led to the vicious beating of Trader Joe’s employees in New York, the fatal shooting of a Family Dollar store security guard in Michigan, and the shooting of a McDonald’s worker in Oklahoma. That violence adds more challenges for retail stores and restaurants where workers are left to dictate mask rules that authorities often haven’t given police the option to enforce.

Zaborowski’s alleged rampage started Friday morning at Cigars International in Bethlehem Township, where he adamantly argued he didn’t have to wear a mask, even after a clerk offered to serve him curbside.

Instead, Zaborowski pulled out a sheet of paper to point out a line in Pennsylvania state law that he insisted proved he didn’t have to wear a mask, a witness to the scene told WFMZ. In fact, Pennsylvania, which has had more than 113,000 cases of covid-19 and more than 7,200 deaths, made masks mandatory in most locations outside of the home starting July 1.

“It’s crazy,” said Tom Gallagher, who was shopping in the store at the time. “It’s the mask. The guy was obviously anti-mask.”

After Zaborowski walked out without paying for his cigars, police say he fired his gun once in the air and twice at a clerk who confronted him outside. Multiple customers were also sitting outside the shop in the direction he fired.

The next morning, police and state troopers were waiting to arrest Zaborowski outside his home in Slatington, Pa., when he hopped in a truck and drove off, police told the Express-Times. When they stopped him nearby, he jumped out of the vehicle and started firing at police with the AK-47 and a semiautomatic handgun.

“Both the Slatington Borough officer and troopers returned fire and struck Zaborowski,” State Trooper Nathan Branosky said in a news release.

Zaborowski was hit in the buttocks and leg, Waldron said, and is expected to recover.

“The fact that he got shot twice with non-life-threatening injures when he had an AK-47 and another handgun, Adam is very fortunate he ended up the way he did,” Waldron told the Express-Times.

He is now charged with 22 counts including attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery, the Express-Times reported, and is being held on $1 million bail.

I'd tell these anti-maskers to go fuck themselves.  Put me in the goddamn store and I will tell people to put on a goddamn mask or get the fuck out.  I don't care what they're carrying anymore. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Karma struck again.

A pastor who told congregants not to be afraid of the coronavirus was hospitalized with COVID-19

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pastor-told-congregants-not-afraid-133933662.html

A Catholic pastor who advised his congregation not to fear the coronavirus has tested positive for COVID-19.

Monsignor Charles Pope of the Holy Comforter Saint-Cyprian Roman Catholic Church in Washington, D.C., was admitted to hospital with a high fever on July 27, according to The Washington Post.

Health officials issued a notice saying that several people who went to the church's services between July 25 and 27 had been exposed to the virus and should also quarantine.

Pope has since returned home to recuperate and, along with church seminarians, will be self-isolating, the church wrote in an online update.

Pope has written several articles for the National Catholic Register which acknowledge the seriousness of the virus, but urged readers not to be afraid of the coronavirus.

In a July 27 edition of Morning Glory, a Catholic radio show, he said that those not coming to church in the pandemic are "lukewarm" Catholics.

"About a third of my people have come home, that's it," he said, referring to those who had come back to in-person service. He said that the elderly and others who are vulnerable should not attend.

"I think a good number, at least half of that number who haven't come, were the lukewarm," he continued. "We may have lost them forever. Because in effect we said: 'Look, your physical health is more important than your spiritual health.' ... I think we've made a lot of big mistakes."

In an article on July 18, he encouraged his readers to take precautions against the virus "for the time being," but also to ask "'When will this end, and who will get to decide that?'"

He wrote in conclusion: "My take is that fear is a far more serious ailment than COVID-19."

In another article in May, when cases in the US were in decline, he wrote an article titled: "Coronavirus, where is thy sting? Why this gripping fear is useless." In it, he called for a prudent, gradual reopening, and equivocated on the impact of the virus.

"The vast majority of people who get the coronavirus will survive," he wrote, an observation he said came from a spiritual rather than a scientific position.

"Some will be only mildly symptomatic, some will be severely ill, and yes, some will die. People will also keep dying every day of heart disease, cancer, from strokes, and in automobile accidents."

In its statement following his positive diagnosis, the church said it had been following guidelines during the pandemic, including encouraging social distancing and mask-wearing, as well as sanitizing pews after each Mass and using alcohol to clean clergy's hands when distributing the Eucharist — consecrated bread and wine.

The building is also being deep cleaned this week "as a precaution," the church statement said.

The Archdiocese of Washington, under which Pope's church operates, has issued lengthy guidance, including the measures described by Pope's church. However, it notes, that it is at the discretion of the priest whether or not he wear a mask while he delivers Mass.

This hits home for me. I have a close friend who is a pastor of a minor Evangelical denomination. He's into science- in fact, he's the one who introduced me to Science Fiction/Fantasy conventions. He has also had a heart attack. He doesn't enjoy wearing a mask, but does every time he's around people, to protect them and himself. While his board members understand that you need to wear a mask and that the church's insurance policy will be cancelled if masks aren't enforced, he's been having a lot of problems with some of his congregants stirring up trouble. I guess some had the ear of at least one board member, who was concerned about losing younger people if the mask rule was enforced. My friend has convinced people to wear masks, at least until they go home and listen to Rush Limbaugh and Fox News.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

You know what? I DGAF how badly he was dealing with it, that is a reason to call helplines, not shoot at people. I talked to a friend last night who has had multiple medical crises in her family since this started, who has had to take unpaid leave due to the school closures (with no guarantee there will be a job when we return), who is at home 24/7 with a high needs child and no respite due to the pandemic - and you know what she's not doing? Abusing shopping centre staff or shooting at them. No just wearing a mask, doing zoom boxing classes, and buying wine and cheese. 

Also I have to say multiple counts of assault sounds like a really good way to never regain custody. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Full on Wally World Bingo here. 

A full-on fistfight inside a local Walmart was caught on camera. The person who recorded the video said it started with a disagreement over social distancing.

“Lady in the blue, she was first in line, and the lady in the purple, I guess, was standing too close,” said Brianna Carroll, who recorded the incident.

Carroll said she and her mother had just walked into the Walmart on East Platte Avenue Friday afternoon when she heard yelling.

“At first, the verbal altercation, that was no big deal. It was when it led to a physical altercation that I felt that I needed to record it,” Carroll said. “I mean, if somebody were to come to me, at least I would have some kind of evidence on what happened, at least from my point of view.”

Of course neither woman was wearing a mask at the time. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

Regarding the above post about a group of people approaching a store employee, claiming that they were from a Federal agency called the 'Freedom to Breathe Agency'.  Wearing official looking badges, they handed the store worker and told her that she was violating a law and could be sued if she insisted on asking people to wear face masks.  They handed her a sheet of paper and told her to take it to her manager.  Obviously nervous and intimidated, the employee says she's merely following store policy, then she leaves.  The woman who handed her the paper and did all the speaking, grins at the camera and walks off.

Because it's behind a paywall, I copied the New York Times article that brought this incident to light:

The New York Times

Mask Exemption Cards From the ‘Freedom to Breathe Agency’? They’re Fake

The group, which is selling the cards online, is not a real government organization, federal officials said.

By Christina Morales
June 28, 2020

Cards for sale that claim to exempt people from wearing masks during the coronavirus pandemic are fraudulent, federal officials said.

The cards — featuring a red, white and blue eagle logo and approximately the size of a business card — say the bearer is exempt from ordinances requiring them to wear masks in public.

“Wearing a face mask posses a mental and/or physical risk to me. Under the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), I am not required to disclose my condition to you,” reads the card, which misspells “poses” and incorrectly names the Americans with Disabilities Act.

There’s also a warning that businesses or organizations can be reported to the Freedom to Breathe Agency, the group behind the cards. One version of the cards featured the Justice Department’s logo and listed a legitimate phone number where complaints about violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act can be submitted.

The cards were being sold online in boxes of at least 500 for $49.99.

But such cards and fliers were not issued or endorsed by the Justice Department, federal officials said.

“Do not be fooled by the chicanery and misappropriation of the DOJ eagle,” said Matthew G.T. Martin, the United States attorney for the Middle District of North Carolina. “These cards do not carry the force of law. The ‘Freedom to Breathe Agency,’ or ‘FTBA,’ is not a government agency.”

Mr. Martin’s statement mentioned nothing about charges arising from the cards, and the group distributing them said no legal action had been taken against it.

The cards were created in response to complaints, the group’s communication team said in an email, and as “an educational tool” to help people “understand their legal and human rights so they can stand up to the unlawful, unscientific and unconstitutional mandates.”

The communications team declined to provide a named spokesperson, citing concerns over “the safety of our key members.” The group said it had received hundreds of reports and continued to get them daily from people who did not want to wear masks and because of that had been “denied access, discriminated, degraded, intimated and coerced.”

“These are people who have medical conditions where wearing a face mask puts them at significant health risk,” the group added.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public places to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus. Footage of an episode on Friday at a Trader Joe’s store in California was the latest case of consumers resisting face mask policies at stores.

The founder of the Freedom to Breathe Agency, Lenka Koloma, advertised the cards on her Facebook page, and they were sold on a site created through the commerce platform Shopify. The site was unavailable on Sunday afternoon.

“Shopify takes concerns around the goods and services made available by merchants on our platform very seriously,” a company spokeswoman, Sheryl So, said. “We have multiple teams who handle potential violations of Shopify’s Acceptable Use Policy, including malicious and deceptive practices.”

The original Facebook group and a website on the Wix platform for the Freedom to Breathe Agency were also taken down. Facebook and Wix could not immediately be reached on Sunday.

The group behind the cards said it had requested support and information from Wix and that it had experienced “unlawful and unconstitutional censorship by Facebook.”

Facebook on Wednesday said it planned to combat coronavirus misinformation, by connecting people to credible information on its apps, investing $100 million in the news industry and supporting fact checkers.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Oh yeah, host a huge house party during a pandemic. How smart:

I don't even know 300 people well enough to invite them to my home, pandemic or no pandemic.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I don't even know 300 people well enough to invite them to my home, pandemic or no pandemic.

Imagine the line for the bathroom. :shock:

I live in an old neighborhood, and most of the houses only have a single-car garage or carport, so even when nothing is going on, there's quite a few cars parked on the street at night. If somebody threw a party like that, the whole block would be screaming because they couldn't find anywhere to park.

Edited by Cartmann99
I live in an old neighborhood, not in an old neighbor. LOL
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Flossie said:

Regarding the above post about a group of people approaching a store employee, claiming that they were from a Federal agency called the 'Freedom to Breathe Agency'.  Wearing official looking badges, they handed the store worker and told her that she was violating a law and could be sued if she insisted on asking people to wear face masks.  They handed her a sheet of paper and told her to take it to her manager.  Obviously nervous and intimidated, the employee says she's merely following store policy, then she leaves.  The woman who handed her the paper and did all the speaking, grins at the camera and walks off.

Because it's behind a paywall, I copied the New York Times article that brought this incident to light:

The New York Times

Mask Exemption Cards From the ‘Freedom to Breathe Agency’? They’re Fake

The group, which is selling the cards online, is not a real government organization, federal officials said.

By Christina Morales
June 28, 2020

Cards for sale that claim to exempt people from wearing masks during the coronavirus pandemic are fraudulent, federal officials said.

The cards — featuring a red, white and blue eagle logo and approximately the size of a business card — say the bearer is exempt from ordinances requiring them to wear masks in public.

“Wearing a face mask posses a mental and/or physical risk to me. Under the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), I am not required to disclose my condition to you,” reads the card, which misspells “poses” and incorrectly names the Americans with Disabilities Act.

There’s also a warning that businesses or organizations can be reported to the Freedom to Breathe Agency, the group behind the cards. One version of the cards featured the Justice Department’s logo and listed a legitimate phone number where complaints about violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act can be submitted.

The cards were being sold online in boxes of at least 500 for $49.99.

But such cards and fliers were not issued or endorsed by the Justice Department, federal officials said.

“Do not be fooled by the chicanery and misappropriation of the DOJ eagle,” said Matthew G.T. Martin, the United States attorney for the Middle District of North Carolina. “These cards do not carry the force of law. The ‘Freedom to Breathe Agency,’ or ‘FTBA,’ is not a government agency.”

Mr. Martin’s statement mentioned nothing about charges arising from the cards, and the group distributing them said no legal action had been taken against it.

The cards were created in response to complaints, the group’s communication team said in an email, and as “an educational tool” to help people “understand their legal and human rights so they can stand up to the unlawful, unscientific and unconstitutional mandates.”

The communications team declined to provide a named spokesperson, citing concerns over “the safety of our key members.” The group said it had received hundreds of reports and continued to get them daily from people who did not want to wear masks and because of that had been “denied access, discriminated, degraded, intimated and coerced.”

“These are people who have medical conditions where wearing a face mask puts them at significant health risk,” the group added.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public places to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus. Footage of an episode on Friday at a Trader Joe’s store in California was the latest case of consumers resisting face mask policies at stores.

The founder of the Freedom to Breathe Agency, Lenka Koloma, advertised the cards on her Facebook page, and they were sold on a site created through the commerce platform Shopify. The site was unavailable on Sunday afternoon.

“Shopify takes concerns around the goods and services made available by merchants on our platform very seriously,” a company spokeswoman, Sheryl So, said. “We have multiple teams who handle potential violations of Shopify’s Acceptable Use Policy, including malicious and deceptive practices.”

The original Facebook group and a website on the Wix platform for the Freedom to Breathe Agency were also taken down. Facebook and Wix could not immediately be reached on Sunday.

The group behind the cards said it had requested support and information from Wix and that it had experienced “unlawful and unconstitutional censorship by Facebook.”

Facebook on Wednesday said it planned to combat coronavirus misinformation, by connecting people to credible information on its apps, investing $100 million in the news industry and supporting fact checkers.

Found the next rabbit hole to fall in: Lenka Koloma's Facebook page.

• Thank You 2

Another fuck head in Arizona. 

These days, people throwing fits over having to wear a face covering aren’t uncommon.

A new incident in a Tucson, Arizona grocery shop—specifically a Sprouts—has gone viral after a man, who has a tantrum about mask requirements, is carried out of the store by a younger gentleman, who is reportedly his son.

In the video, an older man spews hateful rhetoric and uses the R-word repeatedly. When the man gets in another person's face, the son gets in between the man and the workers and customers. At one point, the son motions for the man to leave, but he refuses, and the son starts to push the man back. The man fights back before another young man also intervenes. The son then successfully pushes the man towards the exit door, before literally picking him up by the waist and carrying him over the threshold and outside.

Seeing as how the son wasn’t masked either I’m guessing this was more about keeping said fuck head from making a detour through the local lock up than supporting the wearing of masks. I hope store management saw that video and told that fuck to shop elsewhere. I know some old time store managers / loss prevention folks who never would have tolerated that bullshit. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

. I know some old time store managers / loss prevention folks who never would have tolerated that bullshit. 

My friend is an ex-pat living in Shanghai. Yesterday they were on their way somewhere and her husband stopped for gas. While he was gassing up, she and her daughter decided to go into the convenience store and pick up some snacks. She wasn't thinking and went in without their masks. The manager actually took the snacks out of her hands and told her to come back when they got masks.  Oops. Luckily she speaks the language and could understand he was being firm, but polite. Also luckily, she is not an idiot and not wearing masks was just a random moment of not thinking. They went back to the car and got their masks. Snacks were purchased. No international mask incident.  But yeah, that manager was not tolerating any non compliance.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic