IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

10 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Disgusting post up on RC’s blog in which he plays off him bullying gay kids and wearing blackface as trivial as him eating meat and liking a football team. He really does not know when to stop.

The significance to me of "RC's Confessions" isn't so much that he's trivializing the bullying of gay kids or wearing blackface (although he does do that). He's making it plain in the former case he was too young to even know what the term "queer" meant ("smear the queer") and in the latter case he was playing the part of a magi in a Christmas play and, once again, was too young to know any better. What Sproul is really doing is trivializing the crimes and scandals he committed as an adult by inferring that there are "attack bloggers" who are so petty in what they've exposed about him that they'd even dredge up sins he committed when he was 7, if only they knew about it. Ipso facto getting defrocked for spiritual abuse, tax fraud, stealing church monies, etc., attempting to hook up with married women on internet adultery sites, felony drunk driving with kids in the car, etc. etc. are no more serious transgression than the transgressions one might ignorantly commit as a child.

Several of my real sins, often liberally mixed with unreal sins, are available for your reading pleasure through the help of Google. Sadly, as effective as Google and sundry attack bloggers are, they have missed too many of my sins. Thus I have determined to go public, in the hopes that the furor will die down before I run for President in 2024. Be prepared to be shocked.

Thankfully Spanky already came clean about his adolescent indiscretions when he published Ligonier Tales a few years prior to his defrocking in 2006. In it he proudly reminisces of being a girl chasing drunkard. Little wonder then that those adolescent indiscretions he boasts of continued being perpetrated throughout his adult years. Some things never change.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Banyan said:

In it he proudly reminisces of being a girl chasing drunkard.

"Yes, of course I knew I should wait until marriage to have sex. But I was just so damn manly and heterosexual. Curses!"

• Haha 14

22 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

"Yes, of course I knew I should wait until marriage to have sex. But I was just so damn manly and heterosexual. Curses!"

"Each time it happened though I wasn't even very aware of what I was doing. I was drunk. So it's really not my fault anyway."

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Banyan said:

"Each time it happened though I wasn't even very aware of what I was doing. I was drunk. So it's really not my fault anyway."

Throw-up emoji

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Note to self: use private browser mode when looking up fundamentalist preachers. I searched for RC Sproul Jr, and now I'm getting ads for Find the Perfect Speaker for your Next Conference(!) and ... Ashley Madison (I'm not joking). What would my aged mother think! If you've searched for spray-tan Tchividjian, what ads are you getting?

Thanks to @older than allosaurs and @Banyan for details of this beautiful bromance. For some reason I have an even greater distaste for TT than for RC. I probably just don't take RC seriously enough. To me he's a clueless (but twisted) dweeb ripping a half page from his notebook in class to draft a 'binding contract of friendship' with the new kid, and then wondering why everyone laughs at him for 'enforcing' it at lunch break. TT seems more like the cool guy/jock with a huge nasty streak, so I'm imagining that being his victim hurts more. (Yes, I think of all these bozos as schoolboys.)

Churches/ministers/blasphemous-defrocked-former-reverends desperate for celeb endorsements: is there a more pathetic and hilarious sign o' the times? (Right up there with the election to high office of reality TV stars.) What can a person or institution have to say of spiritual depth if a Bieber or Kardashian visit is seen as enhancing their 'credibility'? These two turkeys chumming up is that phenomenon in its most desperate form, but hopefully even their own 'world' will see it for what it is. Bad me, but I could almost hope they go on a scotch and 'roids fueled bender together, and that all the world gets to see the photos.

Boz has risen even higher in my estimation. I want to hear that those truly on the side of the angels are casting out the creeps who are trashing everything they supposedly stand for. No excuses for treating close family as 'Precious'. We see little mercy for family members who break with their cults ideologically, so why should those consistently disgracing their religion expect leniency?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, FundieGhostWriter said:

I probably just don't take RC seriously enough.

They're both repulsive and disgusting, but Spanky is downright dangerous, which makes him a lot worse than Tullian Tchvaginafiend. TT is a disgusting womanizer that can't keep his dick in his pants. He's broken up a few marriages, including his own. But as bad as his womanizing is that's pretty much the scope of his awfulness. The magnitude of the harm he's caused seems limited compared to Sproul. Spanky has harmed not just a few women but many women, and men, and children, and entire families. He hates everyone, including members of his own church, even his own children throughout their lives until this very day. He was also incredibly negligent about protecting his children from a serial child molester that he let sleep in the bedroom right next door to them. Once that pedophile was caught Spanky did absolutely nothing to see justice done for the sake of his own children. Thanks to Spanky's silence, and Doug Wilson's pleading with the judge for leniency, Steven Sitler ultimately got a slap on the wrist sentence of 1 year in jail instead of the life sentence the judge said Sitler qualified for. Sproul sent the message loud and clear to his children, "I don't give a damn about you kids."

As far as I know no one has ever called Tchvaginalech a dangerous cult leader. But Sproul has the distinction of having many of his former church members call him a Jim Jones wannabe. One of his former church members even wrote a song in his honor. 

Hotel Sproul and Windham

(sung to the tune of Hotel California)

lyrics by Dennis W. Cochran

December 28, 2005

On a dark desert highway

Jet plane in the air

Just don’t count on a refund

Of your bus or plane fare

Heading out to the South for

You thought you saw a great light

It feels so heady as they draw you in

One day it won’t seem so right

Just take a look at the doorway

It’s broad as you can tell

If you come in then disagree

You might just think it’s the doorway to hell

So they light up their death weed

Or put some in their cheeks

Sick or addicted it’s the price you pay

To be “freedom” freaks

Welcome to the Hotel Sproul and Windham

Such an ugly place

So devoid of grace

Come and get fooled at the Hotel Sproul and Windham

Such a sad surprise

Will you hide your eyes?

Alcohol for the captives

Swim in beer and wine

For you see, excess will drown the Spirit’s voice

So don’t think they’ll decline

How they drink in their backyards!

Swill and don’t sweat

Save some for your children

Play poker and bet

There’s pastor Macho Mid-lifer

Does he love family life?

He’s shown an eye for young and pretty girls

Avoids his wife

But now the people you knew

Are so far away

Shakes you up to think they might have been right

When they told you “Stay”

What a strange affair

Why did you leave there?

Gathering gloom at the Hotel Sproul and Windham

As the shepherds here

Choose to bind through fear

Terrorists unfeeling

Will think your pain is vice

When you say, “I don’t like your dictator ways.”

Children pay the price

And in the master’s basement

They gather to record

They pack it with their sneaky lies

But you just can’t fool the Lord

Poor Saint Peter member!

As you’re running for the door

They try to block the passage back

To the place you were before

“Stay back!” say the nightmares. “It’s our duty to deceive.

“If you check out and we don’t say ‘Fine’

“Then you can never leave.”

Though at first it’s nice

They’re as cold as ice

They’re livin’ a lie at the Hotel Sproul and Windham

Yes, it does insult

But it is a cult

Is delirium

Presbyterian?

Your baptism saves at the Hotel Sproul and Windham

Hope the truth will sway

RPCGA

Neither one of them have any business being pastors.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Sproul World

Lisa, September 29 --the intro to a long explication of familial sin and why Eli was punished because he only sought to reason with his wayward sons instead of "rebuking" them.

Headlines: Wicked Seeds. Wicked Deeds!  How does a priest raise wicked children who also become wicked priests, yet is in charge of raising the prophet Samuel? How do kings serve God, but their children rebel and hate God? Sin. The answer, though uncomplicated, warrants our attention. Unrepentant sin destroys our relationship with God and brings judgment upon familial lines.

RCJR, September 27 on his blog --In which RC beats his son and Lisa makes it all better

A few days ago one of our sons was having a hard time. That hard time expressed itself in anger, harsh words, defiant behavior, and an outpouring of tears. It was like nothing I had ever scene, from him or any other child. I spoke with the boy, and I administered discipline to him. I hugged him, and reminded him that I love him, and always will, no matter what. Which is just where it would have ended, had it just been me.

But Lisa. My precious wife, the boy’s loving mother literally took our son by the hand, and led him out on a walk. She spoke to him tenderly. She helped him find voice to his frustrations, and led him to the wisdom of God’s Word. She assured him of her love for him, his secure position in our family, and of God’s love for him. She brought joy back to his face, and peace back to his heart.

None of which surprises me in the least. Because she has, time and again, done much the same thing for me, her husband. She, in fact, did much the same for me before I was her husband. As she did with our son, she saw into me; she discerned in me secrets I shared with no one. And instead of using that insight to beat me down, she used it to discern how to build me up. Better still, in both instances, with our son and with me, she brings her insights and requests before our loving Father in prayer.

No podcast summaries for me this week. When not at work, I'll be spending time with my grandkids who are about the age of the Sproul boys, checking them for sin that needs rebuking. (What is wrong with these people???)

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

and I administered discipline to him. I hugged him, and reminded him that I love him, and always will, no matter what.

Is this referring to physical discipline?  "I love you therefore I beat you?"   Or just stern words?  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is this referring to physical discipline?  "I love you therefore I beat you?"   Or just stern words?  

I took it as physical because he says he also “talked to the boy.” Also, a hallmark of child training under the Pearls and their ilk is that after you are done hitting your kid, you hug them and tell them you love them – presumably for maximum cognitive dissonance going forward.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

Also, a hallmark of child training under the Pearls and their ilk is that after you are done hitting your kid, you hug them and tell them you love them – presumably for maximum cognitive dissonance going forward.

This. These fuckwads usually refer to the beating as "discipline" or "chastisement" or some other Christianist circumlocution.  Then they become irate when someone else calls it what it is: a beating.

Spanky and Lisa Sproul are truly terrible human beings. I fear for the minor children who are still under their control.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Howl said:

In Spanky's world "discipline" must first be put into context. If we're talking about disciplining adult members of his church it means excommunication, shunning, turning them over to the Devil, etc. If we're talking about disciplining his wife it means spanking her (we know he spanked Denise -- not so sure if Lisa is onboard with the wife spanking though). If we're talking about infants it means blanket training. If we're talking about disciplining his adolescent and teenager kids it means corporal punishment being administered with physical objects like a belt, plumbing hose, etc. No doubt Spanky regrets he wasn't around to blanket train his two adopted sons when they were infants.

20 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

presumably for maximum cognitive dissonance going forward.

Make that "maximum Stockholm Syndrome going forward." But when you've been blanket trained as an infant it could hardly come as a shock to get beaten as an adolescent. For those who aren't familiar with blanket training it involves placing your infant on a blanket on the floor and every time the baby attempts to crawl off the blanket you smack it with a hard object, say like a wooden kitchen spoon. You also teach the baby "self-comfort" at the same time because after making the baby cry you don't then pick baby and comfort it. You just let it cry and cry until it stops crying, usually from exhaustion. You do the same if the baby wakes up in the middle of the night crying. You just ignore it and let baby cry themselves back to sleep. Blanket training and self-comfort is something Gary Ezzo taught. RC Jr was a big proponent of this at his St. Peter cult.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1

I noticed that neither of them seem to have the slightest interest in helping themselves or the son understand or process what actually triggered the meltdown

Could it be related to being tapped in a house with these two -- with not much or any outside contact with peers, being on a sports team, socializing, etc? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

RC is using IBLP curriculum in the kids’ homeschooling and Lisa is now wearing headcoverings. 

Are you pulling a funny? Or are you serious??

• Upvote 3

No WAY Lisa consistently goes out in public like that.

Either she's trolling us, or she's getting a kickback from "Garlands of Grace".

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, dripcurl said:

RC is using IBLP curriculum in the kids’ homeschooling and Lisa is now wearing headcoverings. 

If RC Jr is going to sound convincing when he calls himself "Pastor Sproul" and "Rev. Sproul" he's got to have a flock of followers/sheeple. He's got to start off someplace with rebuilding his church cult. Might as well get on his control-freak with the wife and kids and see how that goes. Those Bill Gothard materials will be a big help with conditioning their brains to serve and follow him without question. After he's got the mind control stuff working well he can expand his autocracy to include more suckers followers.

I wonder if the Sproul Jr is still recommending Gary Ezzo and his Baby Wise stuff to young mothers?

• Upvote 4

Head coverings on Lisa? Old news. Almost all her photos showed her with some kind or other of hat, back when she appeared on the scene.  I figured then she was one of those gals who think they look better with a hat. Actually, IMHO she does. Also a little makeup wouldn’t hurt. 

But allors, no h.c. seen on Mrs. R. C. in the homeschooling photos! Maybe she’s a “head coverings in church and outside the home” kind of head coverer.  You know there are so many kinds. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Haha 2

Lisa does seem to like her hats, but her head is uncovered in a decent portion of her photos, including most of the pics with Spanky she re-posts so frequently. Unless we're supposed to believe that she's wearing one on the very top of her selfie-cropped head.

Untitled-1.jpg.de29bad1c352784435bbefec75d33285.jpg

I think the girl in the homeschooling photo is Maili.

• Upvote 4

There's no doubt in my mind that this is just sexy cosplay for these two. And the word "assembly" gives them a lot of wiggle room. "But I always wear it to church!" (Just nowhere else!) 

• Upvote 4

On 10/14/2019 at 7:38 PM, dripcurl said:

So Bill Gothard discourages adoption (because of "generational sin"), teaches that divorce is never ever ok, and advises followers not to marry the children of divorced people. What could go wrong using his curriculum chez Sproul?

Here's a IBLP booklet explaining why marriage is a prime number and atherosclerosis is a metaphor for divorce, among many other headscratchers.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/wisdom-booklet-26-p-1191-1254.pdf

I also learned on a browse through IBLP curricula that porcupines exemplify gratitude because they are happy to have food available. Good to know.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

45 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

So Bill Gothard discourages adoption (because of "generational sin"), teaches that divorce is never ever ok, and advises followers not to marry the children of divorced people. What could go wrong using his curriculum chez Sproul?

Makes you wonder about Spankyʻs & Lisaʻs reading comprehension.

Some questions: Why are they flaunting the IBLP home school curriculum now? Havenʻt they been homeschooling all along? Have they always been using Gothard's shite, even when Sproul Sr was still alive?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

So, I think R.C. Jr. and Lisa don't really line up with Calvinism these days, but this thread seemed like as good a place as any to put this. We have a new member inviting us to read R.C. Sr's writings so that we can appreciate the truth and beauty of Calvinism. 

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/16786-puritan-board-ass-kicking/?do=findComment&comment=1833590

(It's in an old topic in the archives, so I didn't figure many people had seen it.)

And I really want to see a picture of "The First Lady of the Sproul Household" wearing a headcovering. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic