IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

Now I'm confused as to the correct spelling of Tyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn.

Several of my real sins, often liberally mixed with unreal sins, are available for your reading pleasure through the help of Google. Sadly, as effective as Google and sundry attack bloggers are, they have missed too many of my sins. Thus I have determined to go public, in the hopes that the furor will die down before I run for President in 2024. Be prepared to be shocked.

Ah so it's a smokescreen/decoy tactic.  Classy.

• Upvote 3

The people at Spinderella Sproul have a new post up on Spanky and his slavish following of Ezzo's child abuse program back in the day as well as the more recent allegations of abuse leveled against Spanky and Lisa.

ETA: The additional detail in this post makes one wonder if the recent spate of "homeschooling" photos as well as humble-bragging about head coverings from modest Lisa has anything to do with CPS investigations.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

22 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

ETA: The additional detail in this post makes one wonder if the recent spate of "homeschooling" photos as well as humble-bragging about head coverings from modest Lisa has anything to do with CPS investigations.

The head covering thing could work against Lisa and Spanky. Not that head covering of itself would put them on the CPS radar. But it could be a red flag. CPS officers usually have experience dealing with the self-righteous hyper-religious types. Just like anybody else they often have a strong dislike for it. They know the head covering thing is often part of the whole authoritarian full quiver homeschooling patriarchy package that's too often resulted in child abuse. If CPS is ever informed of that Spinderella Sproul article it's likely to cause quite a stir. Pretty damning stuff.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 10/17/2019 at 11:02 AM, hoipolloi said:

Makes you wonder about Spankyʻs & Lisaʻs reading comprehension.

Some questions: Why are they flaunting the IBLP home school curriculum now? Havenʻt they been homeschooling all along? Have they always been using Gothard's shite, even when Sproul Sr was still alive?

RCJr wrote his own “classical” (I think it was supposed to be) curriculum at one point, and hawked it at our former church when he was guest speaker at a seminar.

ETA: Methinks this is a marketing ploy. This is his next intended flock of victims.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:35 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

So, I think R.C. Jr. and Lisa don't really line up with Calvinism these days, but this thread seemed like as good a place as any to put this. We have a new member inviting us to read R.C. Sr's writings so that we can appreciate the truth and beauty of Calvinism. 

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/16786-puritan-board-ass-kicking/?do=findComment&comment=1833590

(It's in an old topic in the archives, so I didn't figure many people had seen it.)

And I really want to see a picture of "The First Lady of the Sproul Household" wearing a headcovering. 

Pardon me while I go lose my lunch. Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt.

Edited by refugee
Another thought
  • Upvote 1

Quoteworthy comment at RC Sproul Child Abuse Allegations,

We were members of a church that taught that Babywise stuff. They had a class for parents we joined that used his materials. I remember Ezzo saying because the Heavenly Father didn't comfort his Son when he was dying on the cross we should follow His example and not comfort our children either. Just let the babies cry! Some of the stupidest theology I've ever heard in my life. We quit the class right after that. That crap is just religified child abuse. If you actually do that Babywise stuff you'll screw your kids up and they'll need a lot of therapy. Just look at Gary Ezzo's kids. Not one of them will so much as speak to their parents anymore.

Another commenter there calls Spanky a monster. Seems appropriate. It makes me very sad for the Sproul children thinking of all the abuse they were forced to endure at the hand of their hateful father. I hope they've gotten into some good therapy.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

"God has given us the house."

This reminds me of a friend who was raised in the Dutch Reformed branch of Calvinism -- 12 years of Christian school and then Dordt College. She said one of the things that eventually pushed her out of the faith was people saying things like "God led me to a 4 percent mortgage." (This was back when rates were higher.)  She started to wonder about the entitlement inherent in thinking that God is concerned with your particular interest rate not available to the masses. She also noticed at college that, in fact, God did reach down and smack you for skipping chapel.

• Upvote 5

Another significant comment on Spinderella Sproul: 

As for RC Sproul Jr and Steven Sitler's predations at Highlands Study Center and St. Peter Presbyterian Church yes, RC Jr orchestrated a coverup. As bad as Doug Wilson's coverup was of Steven Sitler's predations at Christ Church and New Saint Andrews College, it actually pales in comparison to RC Sproul Jr's Steven Sitler coverup. Doug Wilson covered it up for just under a year, but he at least did eventually inform his church. RC Jr covered it up and never informed his church, though he was urged to do so. RC Sproul Jr's coverup of Steven Silter's predations is every bit as horrific as is his practice of blanket training and self-comfort. It's another form of child abuse.

It seems weird to me that Doug Wilson got so much attention over the way he handled the Steven Sitler mess but somehow Spanky has avoided exposure. As a footnote to the article they said:

¹The Steven Sitler pedophile scandal, and RC Sproul Jr's direct involvement in it, is just another example of RC Jr's gross incompetence, selfishness, and total lack of regard for his responsibilities as a father and a pastor. Space doesn't permit delving into it here. However should we deem it needful we may publish an expose´ on that topic in the future.

I think this is something that merits exposure.  I'm hoping they'll post an article about it.

• Upvote 9

"God has given us the house" sounds like the very sort of stupid thing Lisa would say. God didn't just drop a big sack of cash in their driveway. And the bank didn't just cancel the debt either. The money had to come from somewhere, likely the sale of Spanky's home in Florida. Or Spanky cashed in his Ligonier pension fund, which considering how generous they were to family members was probably substantial. Or maybe Spanky got the final installment of his Ligonier severance package. In any event Lisa must have used her powers of persuasion to convince Spanky to part with some serious coinage.

Lisa is being hilariously inclusive by using the plural "given us." The house is in her name alone. She got it as part of her divorce settlement from hubby #3, but it came encumbered with a lot of mortgage debt. Apparently Spanky gave her enough of whatever he has left of his nest egg to pay her house off.  What a nice guy! Whenever she grows tired of him, and depletes all his wealth, kicks him to the curb and starts looking around to trade up for the Mr. Right #5, she'll be secure in knowing the bank can't take her house away. That's not to say the county couldn't take it away if she can't afford the taxes. The Allen County property tax records show she owes $ 4,108.82 in 2019 taxes. The property taxes on the house more than doubled since 2011. So if things continue as they have the taxes will just keep going up. Spanky's nest egg will run out at some point, if it hasn't already. I doubt his book royalties even begin to cover the property taxes and utilities. Financial realities will eventually take hold and he'll be forced to get a real job.

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

So, does this mean Spanky & the Queen are out of foreclosure?

Yes. Lisa's home has been in an out of foreclosure at least 3 times that I could see, the last time in February 2018. If the house is actually paid off Lisa won't have to worry about that again.

https://i.imgur.com/2kJhW0m.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

8 hours ago, Banyan said:

Whenever she grows tired of him, and depletes all his wealth, kicks him to the curb and starts looking around to trade up for the Mr. Right #5, she'll be secure in knowing the bank can't take her house away.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha ha 

They are the farthest thing from a close family. Every child they have is scared of them, the older ones who got out, don’t let them near their children. 
 With close to zero income, minus living on Lisa’s student loans, they’re now opening a Bible college , to help the

“less fortunate “. 
......... how will Lisa manage to homeschool , bake bread, blog, Pinterest, ruin lives, drive, ruin churches, drive some more, ruin families, drive a little more, take selfies, repost selfies, repost selfies Again, sell oils, talk creepily into podcasts, try to ruin a few more lives..post that selfie ONCE more  and so much more. 

• Haha 12

Bible college? That's some John Schrader-level sh*t right there.  Will students meet in the basement? 

What's Lisa's major? Is she getting a certification?

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, TruthHolder911 said:

Ha ha ha 

With close to zero income, minus living on Lisa’s student loans, they’re now opening a Bible college , to help the less fortunate...

Oh my goodness. Talk about an answer in search of a question. I'm trying to picture who has been stumbling around in the darkness, hoping that the Sprouls will explain it all them.

Where did they announce this?

18 hours ago, TruthHolder911 said:

they’re now opening a Bible college

What a hoot! Probably modeled after the Highlands Study Center/Highlands Ministries. And hey, why not? He pocketed six-figures from it back then. Maybe he can pull it off again? Except that financial success was all prior to his defrocking, Ashley Madison account scandal, drunk driving arrest and felony conviction, etc.

Spanky could learn a lot from Dave Dahl, the guy behind Dave's Killer Bread. For one thing he could learn about humility. David Dahl also staffs about 1/3 of his company with guys like himself, ex-cons. Spanky could do the same and staff his bible college with guys like himself, convicted felons. It'd make for a very novel bible college.

• Upvote 5

@TruthHolder911 it looks like you inadvertently posted this in an unrelated thread,

They’re definitely NOT thriving. They’re living off of student loans.(Lisa’s back in school at St Francis, Fort Wayne ) 

The only thing they got was another 30 day extension. 

These two are crooks, terrible parents , scam artists, and scary. 

they make $1/book sold, and lets face it.. they aren’t selling.

On the 30 day extension thing, is that in relation to Lisa's "God has given us the house" Facebook post? Does this mean we're likely to see Chateau Sproul back on the auction block soon?

"Blessed and thriving"? You wouldn't know it by the way he's been recently begging for contributions to the Dude's-A-Mess Fellowship. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

"Many have contacted us regarding rumors even questioning our own bloodline seeking to destroy reputations for the sake of gossip..."

Gotta be a Lisa post, because the bolded phrase makes ZERO sense.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Gotta be a Lisa post, because the bolded phrase makes ZERO sense.  

And it's hard to believe that Spanky didn't already know about Spinderella Sproul.  

Whatever the case, they've already removed it from the marital FB page:

Purged!.thumb.png.e833c8c697e1563cf95bc6f2e0ca8195.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

begging for contributions to the Dude's-A-Mess Fellowship. 

Please, FJ Powers The Be, make this a post count title STAT! 

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Whatever the case, they've already removed it from the marital FB page:

They must've rubbed both brain cells together and realized that Spinderella Sproul lays out Spanky's very long and extremely sordid history with a brutal and unblinking eye, and it doesn't look good. 

Also, bear in mind that Spanky's malfeasance covers so many areas it starts to seem...sociopathic. 

• Tax cheat
  • Thief
  • Pedophile enabler
  • Child abuser 
  • Emotional abuser (parishioners, children, late wife, et al.) 
  • Liar
  • Ashley Madison fan boi (Spanky, WE KNOW YOU INHALED!) 
  • Alcoholic 
  • Chronic drunk driver 
  • Gaslighter
  • Using the mantle of faux Godliness and arrogant repentance* as cover for all of the above

*Arrogant repentance = I'm repented and guilt free; all the carnage I caused is in my rearview mirror.  Yeah, I screwed you over; sad that you're a bitter loser that can't let go of it. 

I can't think of an exact word for this, but there were reports that Spanky abused extremely vulnerable people by 

• Badgering a mentally ill parishioner to abandon meds
  • Badgering an alcoholic parishioner to drink 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Howl said:

They must've rubbed both brain cells together and realized that Spinderella Sproul lays out Spanky's very long and extremely sordid history with a brutal and unblinking eye, and it doesn't look good. 

Oh, but wait! Spanky has now posted a link to the post at his blog on "Why are we so awful to each other on the internet".

1907882765_Internethitmen.thumb.png.b15d796a4240efbb77c855960c0e317e.png

Interesting that Spanky mentions the long-abandoned Ministry Watchman website, run by the pseudonymous Frank Vance, but doesn't say a word about Spinderella Sproul.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 8

On 11/17/2019 at 4:29 PM, hoipolloi said:

488370305_Liesalllies!.thumb.png.bdcfcc5a07a77c325d077ba86ee0407b.png

Wait! What? Queen Lisa is actually directing traffic to Spinderella Sproul? I doubt Spanky was happy about that. For being such a prominent spokesman for Patriarchy he has yet to figure out how to get the little woman in submission. ?

And what does Queen Lisa mean by "Many have contacted us regarding rumors even questioning our bloodline"? Lisa's daughter Sarah Kelley said on her Facebook the Sprouls were reported to DCS for physical, verbal and emotional abuse of their 3 minor children. Could that be what Lisa's talking about? DCS interviewing the Sproul kids? From what little I know of DCS agencies they're not always so good at spotting child abuse, especially emotional abuse. Abusive parents can leave their kids so traumatized and intimidated that the last thing they'll do is blow the whistle on their parents. For an abused kid to speak honestly with DCS is just going to escalate the cycle of abuse.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Spanky's not done yet!

Screen-capped the whole thing but here are some WTF quotes from Spanky's latest nonsense (note bolded):

Over the course of the past three years almost all that He has done for me He has done through my wife, His daughter, Lisa....And that is just me. She has mothered our children, loved and risked and sacrificed for them. She serves them, teaches them, trains them, hugs them, blesses them. She has led them out of the broken down home I had had them in and given them health and life and direction. [Emphasis added]

• Confused 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic