IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

Liar, liar, pants on fire

liar.thumb.JPG.81b80f48158f245e511af8084776656f.JPG

This lie is so blatant it's breathtaking. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

If I recall, Lori was about 40 when she changed her mind on having all the babies and then allowed God to open or close her womb, as fundies so creepily put it. She normally laments that they did not have more when they were younger because of how much she enjoys her grown children. She has never once said or implied she suffered from infertility after she had her four children. In fact, I definitely remember that she wrote that she never suffered from infertility. 

Edited by fluffy
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Lori's pushing hard these past few days for the country to reopen, despite the potential dangers in doing so.  I can only conclude that Ken must be driving her crazy with no work to keep him busy. You know, wanting more for dinner than salmonella salad and Einkorn bread, wanting a lot more than ten minutes every time he gets out that bottle of lube. Got nothing else to do, so why not?  So poor Lori's crying Help!! Open up the country NOW! :angry-tappingfoot:

• Upvote 13

12 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Lori's pushing hard these past few days for the country to reopen, despite the potential dangers in doing so.  I can only conclude that Ken must be driving her crazy with no work to keep him busy. You know, wanting more for dinner than salmonella salad and Einkorn bread, wanting a lot more than ten minutes every time he gets out that bottle of lube. Got nothing else to do, so why not?  So poor Lori's crying Help!! Open up the country NOW! :angry-tappingfoot:

Maybe her usual cleaning service is closed, and her house is getting filthy. But she cannot confess that she's unable to keep the house clean. Plus she needs her hair dyed and other life-saving services.

I really really doubt that a SAHM who had a nanny and a housekeeper, does all the cleaning now that she's getting old. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

She uses box dye for her hair.  I think she's tired of having Ken underfoot 24/7.   She's also counting the days until her Door County 2-3 month long vacation which will most likely be affected by the stay-at-home order.   She doesn't want to be home if it's hot during the summer.  She's like the Antebellum rich folks and the ones in England who fled the city during the summer to their country homes to avoid diseases like yellow fever.  Remember, as Ken said she's "sickly."  In the old days he would have had a mistress/mistresses because she had a poor constitution and he had to find his release elsewhere.  They fit the mold -- nanny, housekeeper, separate bedrooms, her lying on the couch all day (instead of the veranda), being referred to as Mrs. Kenneth Alexander.  This would be her...

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 9.56.23 AM.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

47 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

She uses box dye for her hair.  I think she's tired of having Ken underfoot 24/7.   She's also counting the days until her Door County 2-3 month long vacation which will most likely be affected by the stay-at-home order.   She doesn't want to be home if it's hot during the summer.  She's like the Antebellum rich folks and the ones in England who fled the city during the summer to their country homes to avoid diseases like yellow fever.  Remember, as Ken said she's "sickly."  In the old days he would have had a mistress/mistresses because she had a poor constitution and he had to find his release elsewhere.  They fit the mold -- nanny, housekeeper, separate bedrooms, her lying on the couch all day (instead of the veranda), being referred to as Mrs. Kenneth Alexander.  This would be her...

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 9.56.23 AM.png

Yep, Door County is to Lori what places like Saratoga Springs NY were to antebellum ladies in the Old South. I'd forgotten that she'll be heading to D Co soon...IF the country has reopened. Of course, by then we may have a resurgence of the virus and things will shut down again. She may spend her entire summer in San Diego, poor thing. 

• Upvote 12

Well, we know that Lori doesn't really like to leave the house so there must be another reason that she wants the country to open up again.  I think y'all hit the nail on the head and she wants Ken out of the house, and for her housekeeper to come back.  Otherwise I can't imagine why she'd care about others.

• Upvote 10

I think Ken’s consulting business has likely taken a hit. Here, dental offices are only responding to emergencies. All other appointments have been canceled (my daughter was very sad that her Invisalign fitting was postponed). And those offices are likely evaluating their expenditures which means non-essential services like consulting have been cut. 

This likely will have a lasting financial impact on them. I’m sure they are ok financially, but I think there is some anxiety there (esp on her part). 

Also- many of our local businesses are surviving. There has been a concerted effort in our community to support them as much as possible. This past Friday evening, we attempted carry out at 2 small restaurants (we were successful with the 3rd)- they were so busy they couldn’t take our order. 

There will be a serious economic hit and I realize a lot of businesses/people will be impacted- especially in areas not as proactive as ours, but I don’t know how you balance commerce while avoiding burdening the healthcare system. A neighboring state is now transferring positive patients to a hospital in this state because they don’t have the capacity to care for them. 

i know Lori is high-risk. I would assume Ken is as well given how sick he was in the summer. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I found a soundtrack for Transformed Wives. You couldn't expect them to sing their own songs, could you?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

Lori’s “open the country” posts and her political posts have made me think she is just parroting Ken, as though he is telling her what to write.  I had not thought of the possibility that they are a plea to get him out of her hair.

Either way, her “concerns” are not sincere. She has no concern at all for people who are really suffering in this. 

In today’s post she mentioned that people are all alone. People are dying without loved ones by their side. That’s really good coming from her considering her mother died while Lori continued her vacation.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

We’ve been working on ordering from small businesses whenever possible. Last weekend my roommate and I bought about 100 dollars worth of alcohol from our local pub and brewery that we like to go to occasionally. 

I personally don’t believe we are ready to reopen the country. I hope Illinois stays close until it’s safe again. I really do think it’s Lori’s privilege showing with all this. Her and Ken could probably afford or at least survive the medical bills that would occur if they got sick. Others can’t. It’s why she can use her woo because if she really got sick from not taking care of herself she could go to the doctor. 

• Upvote 12

29 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I hope Illinois stays close until it’s safe again.

Me too. I'm in Rock Island County, and we are now up to 302 cases, 21 new since yesterday's update, and 6 deaths, according to the RIC Health Department website.  I get people wanting to escape their homes, but dead people will never have that opportunity.  

• Upvote 12

I'm concerned about the DFW area; they continue to divide the cases by county instead of metroarea to make the numbers seem ok, but Tarrant County and Dallas County have been near 100 new cases each day still.  

All the county health experts say the peak of cases is yet to come, but so many here are listening to politicians instead of health experts it's troubling.

• Upvote 9

12 hours ago, fluffy said:

Lori was about 40 when she changed her mind on having all the babies

I think she was over 45 and definitely menopausal, when she decided to have all the bay-beez.

And that lie -- take my breath.

Lori -- You are a LIAR. We all remember your "funny" story (as you describe it) of sabotaging your diaphragm (birth control) by poking a hole in it to deliberately get pregnant and trick Ken into letting you stay home

You didn't want a second child (Ken certainly didn't at that point) You Lying Lazy Lori want to stay home, lie on the sofa, and not work.  Which you proceeded to do for the next 25 years.

• Upvote 16

22 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

You didn't want a second child (Ken certainly didn't at that point) You Lying Lazy Lori want to stay home, lie on the sofa, and not work.  Which you proceeded to do for the next 25 years.

I have to laugh at how her "women should stay home" directive has changed as she herself has gotten older.

It used to be, back in her Always Learning blog days, she would say women have plenty of time to work outside the home after the kids are grown. 

Now, she's telling women who are grandmothers they should not work so they can be available to help with the grandkids.

And hey!  What do you know!  Laurie is now a grandmother!  Almost painted herself in a corner there, but managed to get out of it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

I'm eating Chinese from a small local restaurant as I catch up on your posts.  I think Ken had a retirement in place to take care of himself and Lori.  The downturn in his business coupled with the downturn in the stock market probably threw his plan out of whack.  He's 62-years-old.  He was probably planning to retire within the next 3 years.  Just like everyone else, I'm sure he lost at least 25% of the value of his assets, depending on the distribution of the investments.  When other companies pick back up, I'm sure orthodontic consulting will be a lagging business.  It's non-essential, and dentists are worried about making payroll and not paying some high dollar nitwit to tell them what to do.  Depending on where his clients are, it could be a bit of time before they even start with soft openings where it's one patient at a time.  They're not going to be able to stack kids up in the waiting rooms like pre-COVID.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think she was over 45 and definitely menopausal, when she decided to have all the bay-beez.

And that lie -- take my breath.

Lori -- You are a LIAR. We all remember your "funny" story (as you describe it) of sabotaging your diaphragm (birth control) by poking a hole in it to deliberately get pregnant and trick Ken into letting you stay home

I mean...not only has she posted about it online (the internet is forEVER, Lori!), it's in her frickin BOOK! In PRINT! :5624797b0697e_headbash:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

@older than allosaurs,  I LOVE Roy Zimmerman!  He's one of my favorite musical satirists along with Randy Rainbow, Sandy and Richard Riccardi, and Tom Lehrer.  I love how in this song he was an entire gospel quartet.  I got an email from him a week or so ago about how they'd cancelled the rest of the tour and I noticed that right here in Greenville SC was their last tour date that he played.  I should have been there.  I know that the local UU congregation has scheduled shows by Roy in the past.  

• Love 2

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

I'm concerned about the DFW area; they continue to divide the cases by county instead of metroarea to make the numbers seem ok, but Tarrant County and Dallas County have been near 100 new cases each day still.  

All the county health experts say the peak of cases is yet to come, but so many here are listening to politicians instead of health experts it's troubling.

My son works in Dallas (lives in Grand Prarie) and says he has no idea what the numbers are. Because Dallas is in several counties, he too said he doesn’t think there are too many cases. 

I live in Chicago (Cook County) and the numbers are outstanding and scary. It looks like we will shelter in place until at least June. 

• Upvote 7

Today's Tweet set me off like a rocket.  She quoted that Above Rubies nutcase and paraphrased said "God made y'all all too dumb to be anything other than a wife and mother."  The real quote was "women are educated above their intelligence."  So, applying that to Lori, does that mean she was too stupid to teach school even though she had an education?

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 8

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Today's Tweet set me off like a rocket.  She quoted that Above Rubies nutcase and paraphrased said "God made y'all all too dumb to be anything other than a wife and mother."  The real quote was "women are educated above their intelligence."  So, applying that to Lori, does that mean she was too stupid to teach school even though she had an education?

What a ridiculous broad generalization.  And a generalization about broads!  (I'll show myself out)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

Alyssa has posted on her IG story that they are excited about their first child free night in ages. 
Um. Should they be getting a babysitter while on stay-at-home orders? 
i just don’t get it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Hm, if we are to stupid to get the same education as men, why should we be the ones to educate our sons at home? And btw, if you lack the intelligence to get a certain education you will fail at it.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Alyssa has posted on her IG story that they are excited about their first child free night in ages. 
i just don’t get it. 

Why again did she try to have a child for 7 years? She posted about sleep schedules, let Lori babysit and now for a child free night. I don't get it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I think Ken’s consulting business has likely taken a hit. Here, dental offices are only responding to emergencies. All other appointments have been canceled (my daughter was very sad that her Invisalign fitting was postponed). And those offices are likely evaluating their expenditures which means non-essential services like consulting have been cut. 

I've thought this too. Plus son Ryan works for Ken so he's not working. Son Steven's practice is temporarily closed (and he probably has employees he's had to furlough). Who knows about Alyssa's husband...not sure what he does (I think construction? That might be continuing who knows)...but for once she understands maybe what it feels to be financially insecure. 

what is ironic is she is going on and on and on about how it will ruin families, etc.  But when women say they have to work to support their families, her standard reply is "Don't you trust God enough?"  

Gotta get those meal tickets husbands working. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, usmcmom said:

i just don’t get it. 

Because like Lori, she instilled in her daughter's  a "selfishness" (nothing wrong with having "Me" time....I'm just paraphrasing Lori where she shames women and says  they need to sacrifice for their children and men otherwise they are selfish and not a godly wife/mother).

All of them are about their "health" their "sleep" their "rest"....they are the most helpless, needy people.  So essentially one set of rules for them  (but, but, but....my pain, my need for rest, my need for sleep, my this, my that) and everyone else? Just suck it up. 

17 hours ago, Sweet Caroline said:

I live in Chicago (Cook County) and the numbers are outstanding and scary. It looks like we will shelter in place until at least June. 

I live in NJ...It's a shit show here.

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic