IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

Hey, Lori! How about if the country allows people to live in ways that YOU think they should not, YOU are allowed to live whatever way you like. If you feel like living among the rest of us is too risky because your god doesn't like what we're doing, then don't. Some of us value human lives more than your perceived freedom to come and go as you damn well please.  

People like Lori, who claim to be 'pro-life,' but don't care enough about human life to accept shelter in place orders, have lost all credibility IMO. It's put up or shut up time. 

h1210372.jpg

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Hey, Lori! How about if the country allows people to live in ways that YOU think they should not, YOU are allowed to live whatever way you like. If you feel like living among the rest of us is too risky because your god doesn't like what we're doing, then don't. Some of us value human lives more than your perceived freedom to come and go as you damn well please.  

People like Lori, who claim to be 'pro-life,' but don't care enough about human life to accept shelter in place orders, have lost all credibility IMO. It's put up or shut up time. 

h1210372.jpg

It infuriates me that she sees choosing to isolate if the state is open as a perfectly neautral decision.  

If your workplace opens up prematurely you can either go back and risk your health/life (and those of others with whom you come in contact) or lose your job with no UI to hold you over.

For many, many people a state opening too early is forcing them to choose between taking very real health risks or going hungry, losing their home, financial ruin, etc.

What the hell ever happened to love thy neighbor?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

Here's what was happening in the world the last time Lori worked a job (I'm guessing around 1985 based on her kids' ages):

Reagan was elected to his second term.

Mike Tyson debuts as a boxer.

The Unabomber was wreaking havoc.

LiveAid concert to raise money for the famine in Ethiopia

Calvin and Hobbes debuts in newspapers.

Ryan White can attend class via telephone (this is so, so very sad that there was so much prejudice against AIDS patients).

The Ford Taurus is released.

Tommy HIlfiger brand is established.

And we wonder why she's so out of touch with what's going on in the world.  Her view of the world evidently ground to a screeching halt in 1985.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

And we wonder why she's so out of touch with what's going on in the world.  Her view of the world evidently ground to a screeching halt in 1985.

I wish mine did.  I'd still have big hair, boundless energy, and no bills.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

h1210372.jpg

Dear Lori, do you know what your value of the constitutional rights to go out will bring you if you catch the virus and end up death? A nice epitaph on your tombstone for others to read.

And btw, I can't decide to stay home, not if I want to have an income for things like rent, food and utilities. And I work in a pharmacy, we are essentiell to the wellbeing of the country. I protect myself the best I can so that I can also protect other people. She is so far from the reality of most people, it's baffling. And her so called value will not endanger people of her class who have savings, but all the cashiers and waitresses and so on making minimum wage and barely scrapping by.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

18 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Today's Tweet set me off like a rocket.  She quoted that Above Rubies nutcase and paraphrased said "God made y'all all too dumb to be anything other than a wife and mother."  The real quote was "women are educated above their intelligence."  So, applying that to Lori, does that mean she was too stupid to teach school even though she had an education?

Lori is just plain stupid. Period.

34 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Agreed. A week or so ago I had an argument on Facebook with someone who was all set to refuse any COVID-19 vaccine that might have been developed using cells originally from aborted fetuses. Those fetuses were aborted legally in the 60s, and there were only two of them - but apparently it's better to kill thousands of still-living people than "support" (how, I don't know) an abortion that happened when her parents were children. 
Apparently "risking killing people is in no way pro-life" is a controversial statement. 

26 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If your workplace opens up prematurely you can either go back and risk your health/life (and those of others with whom you come in contact) or lose your job with no UI to hold you over.

I'm back at work. I was making over $300 more a week staying home than working, and there's almost nothing to do here, so I'd really rather not be. But... they got their SBA loan (intended to pay employees while they stay home) and they aren't going to pay anyone not to work, so here we are. I'd prefer to stay home, but I can't risk not having a job to come back to once unemployment ran out, so here I am. 

Lori's a dimwit.

And I really think she just desperately wants Ken out of the house, and to not have to be concerned about money like her lowly followers are.

Plus with Ken at home more, maybe he's noticing just how insane she's becoming.

• Upvote 17

39 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

m back at work. I was making over $300 more a week staying home than working, and there's almost nothing to do here, so I'd really rather not be. But... they got their SBA loan (intended to pay employees while they stay home) and they aren't going to pay anyone not to work, so here we are. I'd prefer to stay home, but I can't risk not having a job to come back to once unemployment ran out, so here I am. 

Is your business essential?  If not, and you're in a state with a stay at home order, you can report them for requiring people to come in.

This happened to a family member of mine, corporate decided they were essential even thought state said they weren't, they tried to keep people working and it was reported.  Police showed up at one location and threatened to close them physically and the rest of the chain got in line.  

• Upvote 8

Lord I don’t think people understand the seriousness of this. We are creeping towards 50,000 deaths. Some people have lost most of their families. I’m watching an online informational meeting now for my workplace and we still don’t have the capacity to test people not showing symptoms. So all those protesters? Who knows how many are positive. There’s a 14 day incubation period for this virus, so let’s see how the protesters are doing 14 days from now. I don’t wish them  ill; however people need to realize it’s not *meet someone with covid-19 and get sick the next day*.  This gives plenty of opportunities to spread your germs everywhere.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

9 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lord I don’t think people understand the seriousness of this. We are creeping towards 50,000 deaths. Some people have lost most of their families. I’m watching an online informational meeting now for my workplace and we still don’t have the capacity to test people not showing symptoms. So all those protesters? Who knows how many are positive. There’s a 14 day incubation period for this virus, so let’s see how the protesters are doing 14 days from now. I don’t wish them  ill; however people need to realize it’s not *meet someone with covid-19 and get sick the next day*.  This gives plenty of opportunities to spread your germs everywhere.  

It's the lack of logic that kills me.  The one's screaming how the flu kills more people.  But we're at 50k with a huge disruption of life and millions staying home from work.  We don't do that for the flu - had we not done it for this god knows how many would be dead.  I truly don't understand how they are not embarassed to not even attempt logic based arguments.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

The cross-contamination from incorrectly worn PPE is scary.  I watched a woman in the Walmart parking lot get out of her car with her pre-teen daughter.  Both were wearing gloves and the daughter had on a mask.  The woman grabbed a shopping cart, touched the side of the cart to pull it, then put on her mask with her same gloved hands.  Goodness knows when she even put those gloves on.  I would rather wear my mask and use hand sanitizer before putting on or removing the mask.

• Upvote 8

30 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lord I don’t think people understand the seriousness of this. 

Agreed.  When Lori said today 'If the country opens up before YOU think it should, YOU are allowed to continue to isolate at home if you choose,' I wanted to say 'hey, it's not when *I* think it should, or when YOU think, it's when the experts say it should, you know, the DOCTORS, who actually KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!'  I'm blocked, so I can only respond to other replies already on her Twitter feed, and I know she would never see it, but dammit, she needs some sense knocked into her! 

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It infuriates me that she sees choosing to isolate if the state is open as a perfectly neautral decision.  

For many, many people a state opening too early is forcing them to choose between taking very real health risks or going hungry, losing their home, financial ruin, etc.

What the hell ever happened to love thy neighbor?

Yes. This. That blog post today is naive and stupid. Whoever wrote it has very little understanding of the world and would probably be singing a different tune if smoking daddy was in the hospital on a ventilator. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wish mine did.  I'd still have big hair, boundless energy, and no bills.

And big shoulder pads.  Don't forget those!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

@kpmom and 80s shoulder pads were so damn ugly!  They were not like 40s shoulder pads that were squared off the shoulder like a man's suit jacket.  They were like football player shoulder pads.  Ugh!  There was nothing at all attractive about them

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@kpmom and 80s shoulder pads were so damn ugly!  They were not like 40s shoulder pads that were squared off the shoulder like a man's suit jacket.  They were like football player shoulder pads.  Ugh!  There was nothing at all attractive about them

I agree!  And yet I wore them and probably thought I looked pretty bitchin' in them too. 

And how about the Flashdance ripped shirts?

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 6

I didn't do shoulder pads (ripped them out) but I did the ripped Guess shirts...often with a Guess mini-skirt and lace neon anklets with spiked heeled pumps.

Our fasion statements weren't subtle.

Designing Women should be in the big shoulder pad hall of fame.  

• Upvote 9

I posted a story of Typhoid Mary on FB earlier.  I was thinking beforehand about my work & illness in general.  Technically I'm essential because I'm a notary but I've been picking & choosing jobs because a lot of people around here think "it's no big deal". Ok. 

Well... i tested positive for type A flu back in the winter.  No outward symptoms, got tested because my husband was hospitalized for it. I needed to know if I'd contracted it... sure enough.  I have carried other illnesses in the past with few to no symptoms, illnesses that were contagious.  I've been taking my temperature almost daily for over 2 weeks now.  What happens if they open up our state, folks start calling me left & right for services, some irresponsible germ factory passes that shit to me... I'm not showing symptoms & unknowingly pass it to someone who can't fight it off.... like perhaps my husband.

Yes we need to get back to work... but not at the expense of our population.  Who's to say an extra week or so won't buy the researchers time to find at least a drug like Tamiflu that deals with symptom severity.... I'm broke as can be right now,  but I think it's worth it to give this a little more time to chill out before we dive back in.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

OH man....it hurts my head so when Lori tries to do/explain "science"  Who am I kidding? ...and EVERYTHING. Lori, please just step away from the keyboard. 

• Upvote 8

Countdown until the fangirls leghumpers  tell us all how effective against COVID-19 giving the Clorox Cocktail to their families is.  There will be recipes!! 

Countdown 5... 4... 3...

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is your business essential?  If not, and you're in a state with a stay at home order, you can report them for requiring people to come in.

This happened to a family member of mine, corporate decided they were essential even thought state said they weren't, they tried to keep people working and it was reported.  Police showed up at one location and threatened to close them physically and the rest of the chain got in line.  

Yes, we are technically "essential". And really, we do need to be at least minimally functioning now since there's  talk of opening up the state in a couple weeks. We are a printer, and a very small family-run business. But... they have two designers. They don't need both of us in at the same time. And since I came back in, I've had 4 different people use the phone at my desk and 7 people RIGHT over my shoulder at one point or another! (There's simply no space - the printer control panel is behind me, and I have the only phone in the room.)

Really though, my point is that no, Lori, people can't just choose to stay home if they think the state shouldn't be opened back up yet. I could, technically, do that for a few months until unemployment ran out, but then what? No job to go back to! People who just choose to stay home do so at risk of their financial well being. Which sure, is better than being dead, but no job = no insurance = higher stress = more at risk in the long run.

12 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Countdown until the fangirls leghumpers  tell us all how effective against COVID-19 giving the Clorox Cocktail to their families is.  There will be recipes!! 

Countdown 5... 4... 3...

Ugh. I know. Inject or ingest some disinfectant! And lay out in the sun! It'll kill the virus, the president says so. 

Meanwhile the hospitals are already slammed, and will likely be unable to handle any sudden increase in poisonings from morons following this advice. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

On Instagram, Lori mentioned the founding fathers building the US for freedom in an attempt to discredit social distancing. Meanwhile, at that time many wealthy people had second homes to escape to in order to avoid diseases spread in crowded cities. Sounds to me like they would have supported social distancing...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

You guys, culture only flourishes if all brides are virgins and premarital sex doesn’t exist. 

That’s why all of our great artists, poets, novelists, musicians and composers were such chaste people, I guess. And never alluded to sexuality in their work, either.  Like Shakespeare. There’s no sex in Shakespeare.  Because all Elizabethans were chaste and virginal.  Hence the flourishing of arts and literature.  

If someone explained what some of the stuff in Shakespeare actually means, evangelicals would have a coronary. My favorite is Mercutio’s speech about Rosalind full of references to fruit. Me to my students: he’s not admiring her brain or sense if humor, guys. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

51 minutes ago, Indebtandinpants said:

On Instagram, Lori mentioned the founding fathers building the US for freedom in an attempt to discredit social distancing. Meanwhile, at that time many wealthy people had second homes to escape to in order to avoid diseases spread in crowded cities. Sounds to me like they would have supported social distancing...

Our local paper today had an article about how George Washington had to quarantine some of his soldiers while they were fighting the British due to the small pox.  He set up a field hospital to deal with it and keep the soldiers who had it socially distant from the others. He only allowed soldiers who had it and recovered to fight, figuring they were immune and knowing there was an incubation period before knowing someone had it.  There was a quote that he, or someone close to him, said that small pox was a worse enemy than the British.

So, Lori, there's how your founding fathers dealt with an epidemic.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Are there areas where the curve has been flattened? All I see are headlines about higher numbers of infection and the number of deaths. It definitely hasn’t flattened in our area- it’s expected that our peak will be in the next couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic