IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

It's telling that Ken refers to Lori as his "sickly wife."  She's not a strong partner who stands up for herself and carries her share of responsibilities.  She's too busy lying on the fainting couch with a cloth over her eyes, and a bag of frozen peas on her neck, moaning for her elderly dad to rub her feet.  If anyone else described themselves as being this sick, her response would be "with God all things are possible."

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Fucking hell Lori.

My stepsister is a COO of a hospital. You want her to go home, and have the hospital shut down? You want to have hundreds of thousands of people die, just to prove a point?  You think a man off the street can do her job? She applied for that job and got it, because she was the most qualified. She also is a mother of twin boys and can knit and sew. For some unknown reason to you Lori, she is married to a man who loves her, without his being insecure and needing her to be submissive. 

And Lori, it’s not just the women staying home. Men are at home too. My DH is at home, not working his job. We are taking turns cooking, cleaning, making sure our DD gets her school lessons done, walking the dog, working on our business, because that’s what couples do. They help and lift each other up.  

Go try and help those who can’t be out, due to health issues. Sew some masks for your local hospital and homeless shelter. Since we all know you can’t sew, find a way to help your local hospital and homeless shelter. Do something, besides hiding behind your computer and bashing others. Lori, you sound like a selfish, stupid bitch. This pandemic is showing your true colors. 

...where can we read this 17 (gah 17!!) page diatribe from Ken? 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 18

4 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

Living just fine on one income??? That has been officially determined  after 2-3 weeks of layoffs and lock down?  How about we talk in a month when those last hourly paychecks are finally cut and there is no more income coming into the house.. when those promised unemployment stipends MIGHT make it..

And why do they assume it's the woman who lost the job and the man who kept his job?   I know people in every kind of situation (both have jobs, both lost jobs, man lost job, wife still has hers, wife lost job, husband kept his)...there are as many combinations as their are families.   Again, for those in back -- Lori and Ken -- life isn't that black and white.

Neither here nor there but observations on fangirls:  Guisel Johnson and Mary Elliot Raynor have stepped up to the plate as the newest "mean girls" trying their hardest to be "top fan."   I've also noticed that Severine has not been around in ages.  wonder if she left on her own volition or was banned for good. (some of her post had been banned last I saw her)  we know there is always a shuffling of fangirls. 

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

I feel MORE will flee to find work.. because people will want to try to rebuild savings, retirements need to be replenished, the home walls still feel like caving in and divorce rates might likely rise forcing people to work more...

Oh, but those people just hate Lori's 'god' and his 'perfect ways.' :roll:

3 hours ago, Sweet Caroline said:

Lori speculates that if we read the Tightwad Gazette, we can all live on one salary.

I have read TG, and I like it (although Lori's recommendation thereof makes me want to take them all out and burn them immediately). Not every idea Amy recommends works for everyone, she admits that, and even she said that there's only so much that being thrifty can do if the money coming in is too little.  Lori doesn't get that, and she doesn't care.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

there's only so much that being thrifty can do if the money coming in is Zero too little.  Lori doesn't get that, and she doesn't care.  

Fixed that for you.

Lori is the epitome, the very essence, the living embodiment of "I got mine, so "f**k you" 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

And why do they assume it's the woman who lost the job and the man who kept his job?   I know people in every kind of situation (both have jobs, both lost jobs, man lost job, wife still has hers, wife lost job, husband kept his)...there are as many combinations as their are families.   Again, for those in back -- Lori and Ken -- life isn't that black and white

This.   I have 8 adult kids  - including the inlaws who I count as mine.   My son has his job he goes to, as he is essential. His wife is SAHM for the last couple years.  My daughter and her husband are both working from home with 2 kids on distance learning.  My other daughter is working and her husband is home with the kid.  My other daughter and son are both working from home now.  No one, thankfully, have lost their jobs yet.   My sister is working full time - like 80 hours a week as a grocery store manager. Her husband is home.   My brother is home and his wife is working full time, still - she works in a prison.   The staff at my mil's nursing home is 99 percent female and they are all still there taking care of her and the others.   Lori is an idiot and a real ass.   

• Upvote 7
  • Love 13

True to his/her word, LoriKen have delete/banned/blocked all comments on the Blog and FB except the slavish adoration from the leghumper fangirls/boys.

It's all fangirls gushing --  "Oh thank you Lori for speaking the truth"; Oh Lori you're so wise and I've learned so much from you" ; "Oh Lori you're so right, no women should work ever, no matter what the reason";  "Oh Lori I'm so loving being at home and doing unprepared homeschooling, you've convicted me never to send them back to public schools for satanic indoctrination"; "Oh Lori I'm now so fulfilled and feeling like a real woman being home under the thumb protection of my husband"

And fanboys who rave "Lori thanks for your ministry showing bitches women that it's so so easy to live on one income, homeschool 8 children, bake bread, cook everything from scratch, and never leave the house." ; "Lori you're the best for putting out the word that women need to stay the hell heck home from work even after the virus is gone" ; "Lori you speak the truth that women working aren't needed, aren't essential and any man can do they job they did";  "Ken my man, thanks for your truth and wisdom"

Bor -ing. Bored now.

I suspect the MGTOWs will creep back in a few weeks, also the ones LoriKen dub "trolls."  Lori craves attention. She lives to stir it up and go viral (did you know she went viral? I bet you didn't know that.)

No one goes viral if all the blog/FB comments are adoring dittos.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

My question is what are these fangirls with a dozen kids going to do if their husbands lose their job due to this virus?

I'm teaching at home now, so I'm good through the summer, but it's a private school. I'm concerned if enrollment goes down due to parents losing jobs I may not have my job in Sept.

My husband is good for now. He's a chaplain for three different trucking companies, so truckers are busy right now and needing someone to talk to. 

• Upvote 18

Hm.  MY husband is out of work.  We would be out of our home if I didn't have a job.   I am now the sole breadwinner in our family....yes.  me.  the working mom. 

Lori, go eat a dick.  I am a front line essential worker and you absolutely SUCK with your "oh let the Lord work it out attitude".  I am scared,  I am tired, I am frantically trying to keep myself and my family healthy and not exposed to anything I may bring home.  I am tired of watching people die.  This virus is real and we are VERY close to heading to martial law.  Lori's trying to make this bullsh*t into "oh lookie, all the working moms are now home trying to learn the very things I've been teaching"   This is the reason I simply cannot read her bullsh*t any more.  Sorry, but I'm so done with her.  (edited to add that when I have days off I'm SEWING (oh my Lord I even know how to sew *gasp*) masks. 

Edited by saintmom
Bad punctuation
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 22

And no woman who has a job can possibly know how to cook or clean or care for a child....

Why exactly does she think that? It doesn’t even make sense. People can know how to do more than one thing, Lori.  Your personal lack of skills has nothing to do with having gone to college or having worked for a few years. You have no skills because you are too lazy to learn or do anything.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 12

My friend is off of work because she has a compromised immune system. Her husband has been on leave from work for a few months now. He had to have surgery. His leave money ran out a few weeks ago. His money paid the majority of the bills and her money was extra. Now she is having to pay off the bills and money is tight. If she isn’t able to go back to work after her leave pay runs out it won’t be good for them. It’s rough for everyone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 4

On 3/31/2020 at 7:19 PM, NotQuiteMotY said:

That's just sad. My favorite parts of having a baby are having them cuddle up and fall asleep on my chest or have them laugh at something I'm doing, like blowing raspberries on their neck. I can't imagine not comforting them.

I was always told that I held my daughter too much, comforted her when she cried. slept on my chest sometimes.  She turned out just fine.

As for raspberries, I always liked blowing raspberries on their little tummies ❤️

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Why exactly does she think that? It doesn’t even make sense. People can know how to do more than one thing, Lori.  Your personal lack of skills has nothing to do with having gone to college or having worked for a few years. You have no skills because you are too lazy to learn or do anything.  

I work full time in an "essential" field (hospital)..Even though I'm non clinical, my job is requiring me to work 10-11 hours a day (which I happily do)...I also cook dinner everynight, I've started a "Pandemic New Recipe Sunday" where I'm trying out new recipes, I turned over the soil and started some veggie this weekend in the garden, and i sewed 2 dozen face masks for family and friends.  

and I'm not that special.  Everyone woman I know is hardworking (whether at SAHM or working mom), helpful, caring and can multitask. 

I even found time to good off and play Words with Friends.  Other women aren't as helpless as Lori is. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 13

6 hours ago, Dana723 said:

I was always told that I held my daughter too much, comforted her when she cried. slept on my chest sometimes.  She turned out just fine.

As for raspberries, I always liked blowing raspberries on their little tummies ❤️

no such thing as "too much". I'm really jonesing right now...New baby is coming 7/15...I have over 3 months still to wait. I can't wait to give that little bundle some serious Grandma spoiling and loving

• Upvote 4
  • Love 14

Now, we walk past the daycare and elementary school and they are empty. I am thankful. The babies and children are home full time with their mothers. The children are being nurtured by their mothers if they have good mothers. This is the way that it’s supposed to be. I am also thankful that all of the public schools and universities are closed.

Every day, I sit for a few hours in front of my house in the sun with a hat on.

Yes, many are going through very hard times but hard times are not bad. 

Never mind that thousands of people are DYING, Lori. As long as you can sit out front with your hat on, right?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

Throughout history people were never typically with children 24/7.  
And many, many women are working essential jobs right now (and that includes way more jobs than hospitals and grocery btw).  

• Upvote 17

Um... ya know how LoriKen were going to delete/ block/banhammer any comments that 100% toats didn't agree with wise, loving, (but sickly) older Christian Lady Lori's ministry?

Check out the FB comments from April 4.

Reminder -- Ken's wall o'text blog post was April 3.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Um... ya know how LoriKen were going to delete/ block/banhammer any comments that 100% toats didn't agree with wise, loving, (but sickly) older Christian Lady Lori's ministry?

Check out the FB comments from April 4.

Reminder -- Ken's wall o'text blog post was April 3.

Well, we can't toootally take away her martyrdom now can we? Can't we all agree that @Ken can't spend alllll day responding & deleting for his poor sickly wife? (A sad attempt at Kenspeak)

In other news, to stave off boredom & maintain sanity the hubs & I have been heavily attacking all the crazy over growth on our farm. After cutting brush by hand & mowing, I was in the process of digging a little trench to deal with some standing water & it hit me that Lori would never have been able to do any of it. I thought about my great grandmothers & all the pioneer women in her beloved 1800's... They weren't all fine ladies in the house knitting & telling servants what to do. Those women WORKED.

If all our lives change because of this thing.... she's admitted she doesn't know how to sew & has only shown an aptitude for one type of bread & a huge soup. It makes me wonder how many chores she either faked or bullied her way out of as a youth. I firmly believe the "so so sick" was an exaggeration used to get out of being a useful wife & mom.

Did Ken find her uselessness endearing? Was the idea of the beautiful, fainting damsel appealing until she made his life hard? His referring to her as 'sickly' reminded me of her referring to her mother as 'old & sick'. It just feels insulting. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

I’m glad Lori has some level of concern for human trafficking. However, it seems like a “if Trump said it then I will support 100%”. Didn’t she wrote like last year that we shouldn’t care about bettering other people’s lives? That one of the reasons we shouldn’t fight for women’s right is because it’s pointless? Idk 

6C74ECF5-DF92-4904-A99D-2DA4C16708B3.png

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I’m glad Lori has some level of concern for human trafficking. However, it seems like a “if Trump said it then I will support 100%”. Didn’t she wrote like last year that we shouldn’t care about bettering other people’s lives? That one of the reasons we shouldn’t fight for women’s right is because it’s pointless? Idk 

6C74ECF5-DF92-4904-A99D-2DA4C16708B3.png

Oh yeah, trump is concerned about women and children being harmed... sexual harassment complaints, admitting to sexual assault (access Hollywood tape) migrants separated, etc....Lori is so stupid. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

This is not directly related, but I have to blow off some steam. I texted a friend this morning and she mentioned she was struggling with resentment since her husband’s job is slow right now while she still works full-time from home and manages the house. I suggested having an honest conversation with him about a better division of labor and she responded that the conversations never go well and a mutual friend counseled her to just be quiet and pray about it. (And no, the mutual friend is not Lori.)  Yeah, I’m a Christian too, but prayer is not the most effective means of communication with one’s partner. I’m still at a loss for words to respond to her.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 4

On 4/5/2020 at 10:59 AM, saintmom said:

Hm.  MY husband is out of work.  We would be out of our home if I didn't have a job.   I am now the sole breadwinner in our family....yes.  me.  the working mom. 

Lori, go eat a dick.  I am a front line essential worker and you absolutely SUCK with your "oh let the Lord work it out attitude".  I am scared,  I am tired, I am frantically trying to keep myself and my family healthy and not exposed to anything I may bring home.  I am tired of watching people die.  This virus is real and we are VERY close to heading to martial law.  Lori's trying to make this bullsh*t into "oh lookie, all the working moms are now home trying to learn the very things I've been teaching"   This is the reason I simply cannot read her bullsh*t any more.  Sorry, but I'm so done with her.  (edited to add that when I have days off I'm SEWING (oh my Lord I even know how to sew *gasp*) masks. 

Lori would counsel you to give your job to your husband. Because obviously that's what God wants. Sorry Saintmom. That's the Lori rules.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, EmmaWoodhouse said:

This is not directly related, but I have to blow off some steam. I texted a friend this morning and she mentioned she was struggling with resentment since her husband’s job is slow right now while she still works full-time from home and manages the house. I suggested having an honest conversation with him about a better division of labor and she responded that the conversations never go well and a mutual friend counseled her to just be quiet and pray about it. (And no, the mutual friend is not Lori.)  Yeah, I’m a Christian too, but prayer is not the most effective means of communication with one’s partner. I’m still at a loss for words to respond to her.

This is honestly one of the reasons why women often initiate divorce at a higher rate. She sounds kinda defeated and knows that it would be a pointless conversation. The vindictive side of me says refuse to do his work for him. Separate all of his laundry out of the basket and put it on his side of the bed. Cook only meals she likes. At dinner time leave his plate on the table after he finishes and never serve him food. Don’t buy his favorite soaps or manly hygiene products. He has to go buy that now. And firmly say that she’s attempted to talk to him about it and it hasn’t worked so she’s refusing to do his work. Of course that’s probably not a helpful thing and will only make him dig his heels in. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

On 4/4/2020 at 11:03 AM, Loveday said:

Is it public somewhere? And if so, can you provide a link? (only if it's public, I mean!)

Not that I want to read 17 solid pages of Kensplainin', but it might be fun to skim through. LOL.

I, too, would love to see it.

• I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic