IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

Just now, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If Lori can't sew enough to make a mask -- does that mean she can't sew at all?  Never replaced a button?   Hand stitched a dropped hem?  Fixed a seam rip? Knit? Crotchet? Embroider? Needlepoint? Quilt?  Counted Cross Stitch?

Fail Lori.  Epic fail.  Major Epic fail on your feminine keeper at home skills.

Bur then she never learned how to cook anything other than slimy cat food salads -- and Einkorn bread that looks like a rock (probably tastes like one).

She doesn't clean (housekeeper does that). She doesn't garden. She doesn't can or preserve, make jam/jelly/pickles/etc. She doesn't cook in batches and freeze meals ahead.  She doesn't graciously entertain. 

Exactly what "keeper at home" skills does she have?

Maybe that why she's so miserable - being productive and contributing whether at work or home is good for us.

She wouldn't be the first self hating person wallowing in her own misery who lashes out and attacks others.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Maybe that why she's so miserable - being productive and contributing whether at work or home is good for us.

She wouldn't be the first self hating person wallowing in her own misery who lashes out and attacks others.

Thank you for that!

I had a friend who is exactly like you described. Post graduate degree but never bothering to find a job and munching off her boyfriend (including multiple month long overseas holidays) and lamenting about not being able to find employment.

Friends would send her perfect job listings but she'd just attack you to the point where you'd feel like you had to apologize for trying to help.

Fast forward to the boyfriend breaking up with her... Than it became crystal clear that she just didn't want to work.

Not in contact anymore cause she started lashing out at others to vent her misery. Girl if you want to cry on my shoulders for hours, fine, that's what friends do. But I'm not your pushing bag that you can tear down to feel better about yourself.

You found the perfect words here, I always struggled with describing her behavior.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

But, but , her old blog was "Always Learning"......

Speaking of blogs and why I'm especially pissed off today: ( aside from my new headache, fever, and cough, yeah, not good)    A friend of mine from childhood was dx'd with breast cancer years ago.  Things were up and down with different meds, procedures and side effects but she is working and traveling and living her best life.  Unlike Lori, she teaches Sunday School and has a sincere, quiet faith. She has written three blogs over the course of her "adventure."  She always presented whatever was going on, from issues with surgical packing, to hairpieces, to doctors, Lupron shots, and lymphedema sleeves, with humor and a steely resolve, grounded by , again just speculating, this quiet faith she has.  Yesterday she had a phone appointment with her doctor.  She's been on Ibrance but the last scans were bad, new spots on her liver, nodes, and a mass on the chest.  The doctor gave her some options but the writings on the wall.  She had to tell her mother (who lost her husband to cancer back in the late 70's). She made the doctor promise he'd keep her comfortable at the end.  Yet she said she has God's peace and in the end, that's all she's ever wanted and its enough.    

Lori is a woman with limited capabilities and questionable coping skills who lucked out marrying a man who was able to underwrite her weaknesses.  She could learn a lot from Liza. Rant over.

How sad for your friend.  She sounds like everything Lori is not.  I hope her quality of life going forward is as good as it can possibly be.  Life is so unfair.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

14 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Exactly what "keeper at home" skills does she have?

10 minutes and lube?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, WineGlass said:

10 minutes and lube?

Well, that certainly kept Ken from divorcing her. I'm not sure if "sex doll" is a skill though...let me polish it up..."masturbatory assistant" would look much better on a resume.

Her post today is another laundry list of what women should be doing during this stay-at-home order:

Now that many women are home full time, they are learning to bake bread, cook from scratch, sew, cut their husbands’ and sons’ hair, and not waste food. They’re wearing fewer clothes and less to no makeup. They’re not getting their hair cut and dyed or their nails done. They’re learning to garden and take care of their yards. They’re cleaning their own homes. Many are even teaching their own children. They are learning to live simply and frugally at home. These are all GREAT things!

Lori can bake bread. THAT'S IT. Everything else on that list, she either doesn't do or pays someone else to do for her. She even just begged her super-secret chat room fangirls to make her a mask because she can't sew.

Meanwhile, I have been doing all of these things (except cutting my husband's hair-tried, failed, gave up) since before the quarantine. I work from home part-time and thank the good Lord I do, because finance got their knickers in a twist and decided that Mr. Bonkers was in Germany (we were all supposed to be, long story) and so paying him was Germany finance's problem. No pay on the 1st. I got my VA disability and my part-time work pay, so we had enough to pay the rent, plus some from our savings.

Miss "I was home full time and I did nothing on this list but by God you all better do it" can go use a cactus as a dildo. After all, we were not promised a life without suffering.

• Upvote 17

Good grief.  Working women who have been able to be home have been home about two weeks.  And in that short time she thinks we've learned how to do all of those things she put on that laundry list of hers?

Lori, you've been home for over 30 years and haven't learned how to do most of those things!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13

I work full time and know how to do all of those things. I’ve been cooking for myself and family since high school. I’ve been helping out in the kitchen since I was a kid. When I was little, like 10, my mom helped my younger brother and I make clothes for our build a bears. I can sew on buttons and fix holes. My younger brother is better than me so I have had him do it more than I have. I’ve been baking since middle school, helping my mom since I was little. I still do most of those things while working full time. 
Out of the two years at my last job I spent 16 months working up to 60 hours a week. Either straight overnights or half overnights half days. I still managed to walk two dogs every day, do laundry, vacuum the house several times a week, cook from scratch, clean the house, and take care for my bf’s sexual needs. Lori who is home full time could never do any of that without help. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

Lori is forgetting many of these women at home AREN'T doing all that house-wifery because they are trying to work from home (which ends up being more hours on-call than regular 9-5) and watch/tutor their kids at the same time. If anything, less is getting done. 

• Upvote 16

I used to regularly work 60-80 hour weeks, earned two masters degrees with no debt AND could do all those keeper at home things. The only one I didn’t regularly do was can food, though I did freeze. What LazyLori will never understand is that real life isn’t either/or.  Most women can handle a lot of different roles. Except for Lori. Because she’s lazy. 

She’s also dumb as a fence post.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

I'm working from home as a teacher, and it is not easy at all. We're required to make daily video lessons (which our principal said she is going to use for our final observation, no pressure there).  Try doing 20 takes of a lesson to make sure everything is just right...Ugh.  Then add the fact that I have 5 classes, so thats five lessons to record a day. 

I don't mind it too much though. I don't have to worry about classroom behavior. I can teach my lesson, and if they have questions they can Zoom me.  

But no, i'm not doing any more "homemaker" things than I ever did. I'm just thankful my kids are high schoolers who do their own work and are quiet while I work.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

Ken's wall of "bs, lying, self-satisfied,, self congratulatory, banhammer-justifying, Lori-worshipping**" text blog post this morning is the very definition of TL; DR

But I did so you don't have to. Here you go:

We are deleting and/or banning every FB/blog comment that doesn't agree with the wonderful, so very Christian Lori.  You all are a just bunch of  big ol' meanies who attack Lori and me personally and spread lies about her and twist things she's said. And I, Ken, on my horse of truth Just. Won't. Have. It.

I tried to set you all straight on several of the hateful blogs about Lori [FJ shoutout!!]  but you all Just. Wouldn't. Accept. My. Superior. Male. Wisdom. Those hateful lying comments are a virus that infects her wonderful, so very loving, so very  Christian, so very God-ordained Tits 2 ministry so out they go. Infecting virus be gone!. 

Oh -- and just so you don't think it only feminists we're deleting, we're deleting/ banning MGTOWs too. Because they won't accept my (Ken on my horse of truth) superior married Christian man wisdom.

But remember  -- we loves ya, we loves ya all  .. even if ya are a nasty infecting virus ... but ya gots to go.

**An example from Ken's wall o" text worshipping Lori

When this page was first begun it was done so innocently. A sickly, Christian woman wanted to keep in contact with her young disciples so she asked her daughter if she would build a blog page for her to do so. All excited about doing ministry instead of just focusing on the great pain she was in,

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 14

21 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Ken's wall of "bs, lying, self-satisfied,, self congratulatory, banhammer-justifying, Lori-worshipping**" text blog post this morning is the very definition of TL; DR

We are deleting and/or banning every FB/blog comment that doesn't agree with the wonderful, so very Christian Lori.  You all are a just bunch of  big ol' meanies who attack Lori and me personally and spread lies about her and twist things she's said. And I, Ken, on my horse of truth Just. Won't. Have. It.

I tried to set you all straight on several of the hateful blogs about Lori [FJ shoutout!!]  but you all Just. Wouldn't. Accept. My. Superior. Male. Wisdom. Those hateful lying comments are a virus that infects her wonderful, so very loving, so very  Christian, so very God-ordained Tits 2 ministry so out they go. Infecting virus be gone!. 

Oh -- and just so you don't think it only feminists we're deleting, we're deleting/ banning MGTOWs too. Because they won't accept my (Ken on my horse of truth) superior married Christian man wisdom.

But remember  -- we loves ya, we loves ya all  .. even if ya are a nasty infecting virus ... but ya gots to go.

**An example from Ken's wall o" text worshipping Lori

Oh, how I wish I'd come here first. I waded through that wall o' blather until my eyes began to cross and I couldn't read any more. You've made it so much easier for us, thank you!

I'm skeptical, though. I don't believe for one second that the MGTOWs will be permanently banned from Lori's page. She likes lots of comments, and once she sees that she's getting only a few, if any, on her posts--because they seem to be just about the only ones commenting lately!-- she'll start letting the MGTOWs slip back in. 

Not to mention Ken is probably just bored right now with no work to do, so he's likely the one doing all the deleting. When he goes back to work, it will be up to Lori to delete again, and she'll want to keep most of those comments. They feed her ego.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

Today on Twitter.  Apparently Lori wants the COVID-19 pandemic to continue until women are locked in their homes, under the ownership authority of men, since freedom for women is the 'sin' she's always bitching about.  

lorirepentance.jpg

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 12

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Today on Twitter.  Apparently Lori wants the COVID-19 pandemic to continue until women are locked in their homes, under the ownership authority of men, since freedom for women is the 'sin' she's always bitching about.  

lorirepentance.jpg

Oh yeah, let every female nurse and other health care worker, the overtly female stuff of grocery stores and other essentiell businesses needed to get going stay home and than see what will happen. Long story short, they will not like it, because everything will become crashing down and show how much is relied on the cheap labor of women. Fuck you Lori, with a cactus and without lube. I'm an essentiell worker out there daily and in contact with a lot of people and nobody up there gives a fuck about our safety, so at the moment I tend to get a little raggy about the ones saying we should stay home. I would love to stay home, but it is not possible and I need my job for frivolities like rent and food.

• Love 22

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

For whatever reason this made me think of an old Bloom County cartoon about the Bakkers:

Spoiler

post-42-1185108042.jpg

"Jim and I missed you all so much we love you all so much Jesus loves you but not as much as we do. Jim?"

"All terrible lies aren't they Jim? OhIwishJerryFallwellwouldgetcancer but we still love him don't we Jim? I think I'll sing."

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

26C63719-5D7A-4E52-9565-14C3A125791B.thumb.png.6f874edacaa7cd76b31393cc0e8fd076.pngSo Jack is an idiot as usual. Not everyone is living off of one income just fine. Why do you think the government is giving out checks? Thousands may lose their homes if they’re renting. In America women are powerhouses of information services. They do a lot of work in communications, support staff, teaching, medical and mental health services. In my office which is attached to a doctors office I don’t think there’s one male nurse and half the doctors are women. Without women in jobs the US would collapse because guys simply aren’t going into the jobs women take at the same rate. 

And Lori hasn’t met many modern women and maybe it’s the fact that the Midwest is often fairly conservative but women here are home making queens. Cooking, crocheting like fiends, baking, decorations, etc. the only thing is they can also shot you if you mess with them. But as people point out, I don’t even think Lori crafts or does anything creative. 

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

26C63719-5D7A-4E52-9565-14C3A125791B.thumb.png.6f874edacaa7cd76b31393cc0e8fd076.pngSo Jack is an idiot as usual. Not everyone is living off of one income just fine. Why do you think the government is giving out checks? Thousands may lose their homes if they’re renting. In America women are powerhouses of information services. They do a lot of work in communications, support staff, teaching, medical and mental health services. In my office which is attached to a doctors office I don’t think there’s one male nurse and half the doctors are women. Without women in jobs the US would collapse because guys simply aren’t going into the jobs women take at the same rate. 

And Lori hasn’t met many modern women and maybe it’s the fact that the Midwest is often fairly conservative but women here are home making queens. Cooking, crocheting like fiends, baking, decorations, etc. the only thing is they can also shot you if you mess with them. But as people point out, I don’t even think Lori crafts or does anything creative. 

Lori can't think outside of her upper middle class bubble. Her whole life she was and is pampered and never expierenced any kind of financial insecurities. She thinks she is entitled to her lazyness and deserve all of that. And to justify her laziness, every other woman has to stay home, so that nobody questions her laziness.

Lori should meet some women her age from my part of the world. In the GDR, women where expected to work full time, they where educated and trained the same way as men. And they rocked it together with taking care of kids and households. They would rip her a new one if she comes with her drivel. Oh and it's one of the most atheistic parts of the world, so if she defends that with scripture, they will tell here where to stuff that, too.

• Upvote 17

18 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Exactly, and I responded for the first time.  Ken did not "get it".  So, I responded again and am sure "awaiting moderation" will never see the light of day.  

1310769035_Joanna1.JPG.44f4e832ff2438d0f226e9cd97c507b4.JPG1310769035_Joanna1.JPG.44f4e832ff2438d0f226e9cd97c507b4.JPG1850989396_KenReplies.JPG.3972f0b287b21238c48bf5d723b96fa3.JPG655144336_Joannaspoint2.JPG.989d36742da17257259ec5f3c9ad71c1.JPG

Edited by Liza
sp/
  • Upvote 7

Oh yes. The art of motherhood and the art of keeping a house.

Said by woman who needed nannies and maids. Who didn't cook for her husband (who had to cook for himself and the kids when coming home after working all day). Who was unable to homeschool. 

I know I said it before.

But come on. Fake Lori.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Living just fine on one income??? That has been officially determined  after 2-3 weeks of layoffs and lock down?  How about we talk in a month when those last hourly paychecks are finally cut and there is no more income coming into the house.. when those promised unemployment stipends MIGHT make it.. IF those stimulus checks arrive... Then lets talk about how fine everyone is doing.. Stress being at an all time high, fear of health issues, lack of social supports( childcare, ease to exercise, grandparent/family interaction) , prices of groceries rising....

Lori and her trolls think that things will all magically be amazing if you cut your mans hair, bake a loaf of bread and attempt to educate your child... if ANYTHING once this pandemic passes and the economy calms and re-surges I feel MORE will flee to find work.. because people will want to try to rebuild savings, retirements need to be replenished, the home walls still feel like caving in and divorce rates might likely rise forcing people to work more...

• Upvote 19

If I had to pick one word to describe Lori it would be “speculates”. She doesn’t know, so she speculates. Like mentioned before, Lori lives in her upper class bubble, and cannot relate to the real world. 

For example, Lori speculates that working moms are now home setting their kitchens on fire because they can’t cook.  We know this because of the increase in fire truck sirens. 

Lori speculates that godly, Christian men do not want to marry women with tattoos. I will admit that I do not have a tattoo, but know Christian men and women who do.  Believe it or not, they marry and sometimes even go get new tattoos together. I do not understand how a tattoo is a bad thing. Is it any different than getting your ears pierced, or cutting or dyeing your hair, whitening your teeth?

Lori also speculates that satan is taught in public schools.  I teach in a public school.  Trust me, not once has satan come up in a conversation. We have talked about religion, and that is what I love about my class. My students (who I miss very much right now) are various denominations of Christianity, Muslim, and atheist. We share out beliefs, and I think it is great that we get to learn about and spend time with people who are not like us. 

Lori speculates that if we read the Tightwad Gazette, we can all live on one salary. I think that with everything that is going on right now, we are thankful for the delivery people, grocery store employees, etc. that make small wages. How is a family expected to live on that income? Lori advocates for not going to college, but her entire family is college educated. 

I could keep going, but I think you get the idea. 

Edited by Sweet Caroline
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

Reiterating her upper middle class blinders: she doesn't realize a lot of families don't have any income right now much less one cut in half. They are "making it" only because a lot of service companies & banks are forgiving late payments or allowing 60-90 day deferments. They're "making it" because the government approved extra unemployment benefits & dropped food stamp requirements for a month. 

They are doing exactly that.... Making it.  Not flourishing, not improving.... Squeaking by hoping this crap passes & they can get back to work. 

There is nothing righteous or glamorous about being broke. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

There's a document that's been leaked by someone in Ken's circle that he wrote called Out of the Box...

It's a 17 page Wall O' Text... Wish I could post a copy here. lol

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, CrochetingGuineaPIg said:

There's a document that's been leaked by someone in Ken's circle that he wrote called Out of the Box...

It's a 17 page Wall O' Text... Wish I could post a copy here. lol

Is it public somewhere? And if so, can you provide a link? (only if it's public, I mean!)

Not that I want to read 17 solid pages of Kensplainin', but it might be fun to skim through. LOL.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic