IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 8: Killing Demons with a Salt Gun

HerNameIsBuffy

I've been speculating she's pregnant for a while. But due in September! Yikes! Let's hope they slow down a little. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Hahaha I looked at the blog. Skin tight t shirt and skinny jeans. I bet Grandpa Steve nearly had a heart attack when he saw the announcement photo!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

I have no idea what Chelsy's voice sounds like but something about her face shape, heavy black eyeliner, and perky chipper writing style makes me think she sounds like Janice from Friends.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

I hope it's another boy.  Being a girl in Maxhell sucks more than being a boy.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

I would love it if they had all boys. 9 boys and Chelsy doesn’t get a single sister-mom to shove duties onto. 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7

3 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Being a girl and a Bontrager is just as bad or maybe worse.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Re: Chelsy's pregnancy, I'm only surprised at the fact that she's already at the half way point.  I'm with all of you who hope she keeps having boys, or as they like to call them in fundie land, "little men".  Also happy that once again, Tits 2 didn't get the scoop on a pregnancy announcement. Now off to think about name guesses for Maxwell baby #3 and Helferich baby #1.

• Upvote 9

23 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Re: Chelsy's pregnancy, I'm only surprised at the fact that she's already at the half way point.  I'm with all of you who hope she keeps having boys, or as they like to call them in fundie land, "little men".  Also happy that once again, Tits 2 didn't get the scoop on a pregnancy announcement. Now off to think about name guesses for Maxwell baby #3 and Helferich baby #1.

I have no clue. Chelsy’s first two choices are extremely different! I can’t get ahold of her naming style. Axton and Elliot don’t go together at all in my opinion. Axton is trendy as hell and Elliot is very traditional. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have no clue. Chelsy’s first two choices are extremely different! I can’t get ahold of her naming style. Axton and Elliot don’t go together at all in my opinion. Axton is trendy as hell and Elliot is very traditional. 

Unless she's going to go for vowels for the first 5 kids (or 6 if you count Y)?  Will the letter I be next?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Unless she's going to go for vowels for the first 5 kids (or 6 if you count Y)?  Will the letter I be next?

Izod Maxwell

Ignatius Maxwell

Igor Maxwell

Hopefully not any of those! :pink-shock:

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, petrushka said:

I wonder if them having a long string of boys would reduce their overall family size. Without sister-moms, Chelsy has to do all the work herself and that may 'encourage' them to have a smaller (by fundie standards) family. 

They may have held off announcing to allow other family members time in the spotlight, although I have little doubt that the Bonts and Maxwells already knew. 

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

I wonder if them having a long string of boys would reduce their overall family size. Without sister-moms, Chelsy has to do all the work herself and that may 'encourage' them to have a smaller (by fundie standards) family. 

They may have held off announcing to allow other family members time in the spotlight, although I have little doubt that the Bonts and Maxwells already knew. 

I like when fundie families have a huge litter of boys because you know the mom prays about it and comes to the conclusion that boys can help cook, wash dishes, do laundry, and change diapers even though that’s women’s work. It forces them to bend the rules when it comes to gender roles. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 11

5 hours ago, petrushka said:

Axton, Elliot, Isaiah, Orson, Ulysses

The first and middle name of a close friend are both in this list. 

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

Hahaha I looked at the blog. Skin tight t shirt and skinny jeans. I bet Grandpa Steve nearly had a heart attack when he saw the announcement photo!

I do wonder what Steven thinks when he sees pictures like this of members of his family.

Does he think less of Chelsey or of his son for allowing it ? Does it reinforce his control of his daughters or is he complacent that he has taught them properly and they would never consider being this immodest ? 

Even Steve has to realize that he has lost total control of everyone and I hope it’s driving him nuts.

• Upvote 18

40 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I do wonder what Steven thinks when he sees pictures like this of members of his family.

Does he think less of Chelsey or of his son for allowing it ? Does it reinforce his control of his daughters or is he complacent that he has taught them properly and they would never consider being this immodest ? 

Even Steve has to realize that he has lost total control of everyone and I hope it’s driving him nuts.

Not everyone.  I am sure Sarah will live the rest of her life and never know the decadence of wearing contrasting buttons.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not everyone.  I am sure Sarah will live the rest of her life and never know the decadence of wearing contrasting buttons.

Contrasting buttons here :) As sad as it is, couldn’t agree with you more.  

Edited by ContrastingButtons
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

On 5/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, kpmom said:

Igor? Ignatius? Ivar? Idris? Ishmael? If it's a girl, Ivanka? Imogene? Iris?

We know Chelsy is a Princess Bride fan, so maybe Inigo?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Igor? Ignatius? Ivar? Idris? Ishmael? If it's a girl, Ivanka? Imogene? Iris?

We know Chelsy is a Princess Bride fan, so maybe Inigo?

That' a big 'nope' on the Ignatius.  Waaaaaaaay too Catholic for that crowd.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, MaryatHome said:

That' a big 'nope' on the Ignatius.  Waaaaaaaay too Catholic for that crowd.

I agree that it's too Catholic for them, but I personally love the name Ignatius -it sounds so regal, and St. Ignatius is considered to be the founder of the Jesuits, one of the most "liberal" and education-forward Catholic orders. Liberal in quotes because I mean, they are still Catholic.

• Upvote 8

I was nicknamed Ignatz when I was a teenager. I would totally use that as a middle name if I ever had another kid.

• Upvote 10

On 5/13/2021 at 11:29 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love it if they had all boys. 9 boys and Chelsy doesn’t get a single sister-mom to shove duties onto. 

She'll have her sisters-in-law to help her out.
Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I don't see any of the Maxwell daughters ever getting their own life.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

She'll have her sisters-in-law to help her out.
Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I don't see any of the Maxwell daughters ever getting their own life.

It makes me sad to say it, but sadness doesn't deny reality. I agree with you. None of the Maxwell daughters will get married. They are all going to be helping their brothers with their families forever. 

Their sisters-in-law all have many young children and their god will continue to give them babies as long as they have unprotected sex & the woman ovulates. Nathan & Christopher are most likely done, although I doubt they have accepted that their god has decided no more for them; cancer & age are no barriers to god. But, the reversal boys all have growing families. Joe may not be reproducing at a rapid rate, but it's unlikely he isn't trying. Same with Jesse. John & Chelsy are clearly going for as many as possible as quickly as possible. 

These boys all need their sisters to help their over producing, over worked wives. 

Steve thinks a perfect mate for them will just drop into his lap - almost literally, given his rules against human interaction - and until god is strong enough to over power Stevie-boy, Steve's lap will remain empty and the girls will remain their brother's helpers. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5

On 5/16/2021 at 11:54 AM, fundiefan said:

It makes me sad to say it, but sadness doesn't deny reality. I agree with you. None of the Maxwell daughters will get married. They are all going to be helping their brothers with their families forever. 

Their sisters-in-law all have many young children and their god will continue to give them babies as long as they have unprotected sex & the woman ovulates. Nathan & Christopher are most likely done, although I doubt they have accepted that their god has decided no more for them; cancer & age are no barriers to god. But, the reversal boys all have growing families. Joe may not be reproducing at a rapid rate, but it's unlikely he isn't trying. Same with Jesse. John & Chelsy are clearly going for as many as possible as quickly as possible. 

These boys all need their sisters to help their over producing, over worked wives. 

Steve thinks a perfect mate for them will just drop into his lap - almost literally, given his rules against human interaction - and until god is strong enough to over power Stevie-boy, Steve's lap will remain empty and the girls will remain their brother's helpers. 

Could it also be about carrying on the maxwel name?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic