IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 8: Killing Demons with a Salt Gun

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I seem to be one of the few people who doesn’t mind a bra. I’ve never had that thing of getting home and taking it off in relief. I don’t find them particularly uncomfortable either. I guess I’m just weird that way. 

Bras were always horribly uncomfortable for me until I had a professional fit me. Turns out I was uncomfortable because I'm a 36D, not a 38B. And even within my new size, there are only certain brands that fit correctly. I get refitted at Nordstrom every year and spring for at least one bra at full retail. If I need more I might go online and buy the same style for less.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

A plug for Soma bras for busty ladies— I love them. They have a new way to measure in stores too, basically a sports bra with smart technology. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Is anyone else getting ads for bras for the IBTC (Itty Bitty Titty Committee) on the Maxwell threads?  Just me.  I used to be a certified member of the IBTC.  I was an A cup and could get away with what we called flimsies: front close, unconstructed bras that were popular in the 70s.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I seem to be one of the few people who doesn’t mind a bra. I’ve never had that thing of getting home and taking it off in relief. I don’t find them particularly uncomfortable either. I guess I’m just weird that way. 

Nah. I however am the one the memes were made for throughout the pandemic about the need for bras plummeting. ? it was a running joke amongst my circle of friends. I’m definitely the one that rips it off practically as I walk in the door, usually while exclaiming, “freedom!”, much to the dismay of my middle schooler ? ? 

Edited by janey
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I couldn’t find a properly-fitted bra until I underwent breast reduction surgery.  Seven lbs of tissue was removed and I was able to be fitted comfortably.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 7

14 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

A plug for Soma bras for busty ladies— I love them. They have a new way to measure in stores too, basically a sports bra with smart technology. 

I liked how their bras fit, but I’ve never had one of their bras last more than a year without starting to fall apart.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

A plug for Freya bras for those of us with massive boobs and tiny ribs! They are super comfy and quite pretty and not too expensive! The sports bras are also great.

Count me in to the it's uncomfortable to not wear a bra crowd! 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Fantasie Helena full cup all the way for anyone over a D cup.Great support and a flattering shape, even though the bra may look a little old fashioned- white, beige or black- nothing else!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think I was ever a member of the IBTC; I was a B cup at 12.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

<sigh> Even on a site like herroom, which has thousands upon thousands of bras, there are probably less than 10 in my size. The women in my family are well-endowed but I’ve taken it to a whole new level. Even when I’ve been professionally fitted in bras that are over $100 each (and I’m talking strictly utilitarian here, nothing even remotely pretty), I’ve never found one  A. that was comfortable or B. wouldn’t set off a metal detector. My boobs are always in the way especially when I sleep and if I need to wear something nice, good luck with that because nothing that isn’t a tent fits properly without the expense of tailoring. If breast reduction wasn’t major surgery, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Thank goodness I’m working from home now so I can forgo the bra torture. It’s still uncomfortable but at least it’s an improvement over the Iron Maiden.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I don’t think I was ever a member of the IBTC; 

Me either. I always wished I was. I had classmates from school who never developed. 

• Upvote 3

I was a 36D by 8th grade. In my 30's, I'd had enough, having reached 36DD. 

I had a reduction. I was a 34B for about 15 years after that.

Best thing I ever did in my life, aside from divorce.

I'm now 38/40B - - I have a wide rib cage, short torso & scoliosis -I've "shrunk" an inch in the last five years or so - which makes my mid section stupidly shaped & wide. 

I haven't worn a bra since Christmas Eve. Before that, I hadn't worn one since late September when my niece got married. I may have thrown one on when going out in public when it was still t-shirt weather through October, but with it being winter & sweatshirt & coat weather, I don't even bother to put one on to go grocery shopping or any other errand. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I’m in the giant rib cage, average cup size club. I’m probably a 46C but I usually only find 44C. I’m built like my dad unfortunately. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m in the giant rib cage, average cup size club. I’m probably a 46C but I usually only find 44C. I’m built like my dad unfortunately. 

Same here. Giant rib cage, broad shoulders, super long arms, super long torso, short legs and an average cup size. Really hated it when I was younger, but now I'm finding more and more peace with my body.

• Upvote 5

I get underboob sweat if I don’t wear a bra, particularly if I’m sitting (and even more so if I’m not sitting up straight). 
Apparently U.K. and US bra sizes are not quite the same! I’m about a 36D according to my bra, but I haven’t been properly measured for years so things may have changed. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I bought a bunch of ThirdLove bras a few months ago and love them (I'm really hard to fit- the bras I got from them were 36E) but like all bras I've work, the underwire just kills me. I wish there was a good fitting wireless bra out there that didn't give me uniboob or make them pop out unexpectedly.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am very broad backed/shoulder smaller bust and through fittings at lane bryant have found the best fits!  especially with these messed up from nursing twins boobs!  lol 

On 1/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, bal maiden said:

My midwife sent my husband to grab me ‘a light meal’ when I was in labour with my first. He came back with brown rice and lamb curry ? I ate it though, and was glad I did, since I had 10 hours through the night still to go - it kept me going! 

A friend of mine is one of those crazy stories of twins born on separate days.. Mom goes to a Dr appt in the afternoon and did not realize she was in preterm labor and Baby A came hard and fast.  Baby got sent to NICU and the Dr returned focus to delivering Baby B... and waited.. and waited.. but her body shut down and NOTHING more was happening.. so after 12 hours they decided to switch the plan to antibiotics, steroids and complete bed rest.. for as long as possible to give baby every extra growing hour.... 6 days later she realizes she is going back into labor.. so she grabs her hospital menu and orders her lunch.. like 1 of everything...She then texts her husband in the NICU to give him a heads up... after she eats she filled the nurses in on  what she was noticing... Baby was born the next day!  lolol 7 days apart.. the LONGEST week of her life that year.. and every birthday week after!  

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 1/20/2021 at 10:11 AM, browngrl said:

here is a practical rule for eating during labour: don't eat anything that gives you indigestion 

source: had a patient who ate quite a bit of a meatball pizza with extra cheese. She deeply regretted that - particularly when it came time to push. 

It's a suggestion, not a rule. Sorry to be semantic, but it's a matter of women understanding they have free will which has been denied many years during the birth process. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

I think I’m in the IBTC here. I’m a 10B (32B in US sizes) but I don’t fill out the cup fully. An A cup is too small though. In unsized bras (eg sleep bras and some sports bras) I’m an XS which is a bit dismal. Oh well they did their job and fed my kids so I can’t complain too much.

My midwife offered me a full roast chicken dinner during labour (in the 90s) and I wasn’t hungry. Hubby ate it but not after multiple midwives tried to convince me pretty forcefully that I needed to eat.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

I'm a 42A, and I can never find bras that fit right. I try 40Bs when I can find them, but they are very uncomfortable. My rib cage is just very large, I guess, and my boobs spread far across them. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

Kelly Bateseses bras are quite something! Id love to get some of her uplift! Her boobs are up by her chin ? 

It literally took to get to age 60 before mine moved off my chin. I know lots of people want high girls, but finding a V neck shirt or anything beyond a turtleneck to lie or fit right was almost impossible. Cleavage? Nope mine are also more laterally placed on my chest. Still better than my concave chested madre. Bras are torture!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Exclusively breastfeeding my son for over two years means my boobs will be very far from my chin for the rest of my life. That kid never once took a damn bottle. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I'm a 42A, and I can never find bras that fit right. I try 40Bs when I can find them, but they are very uncomfortable. My rib cage is just very large, I guess, and my boobs spread far across them. 

40 As and Bs can be damn near impossible to find.  There is this assumption by the bra companies that if you have a big rib cage then you also have a big cup size.  My oldest daughter who was 9 pounds 5 1/2 ounces used to park her little fetal feet right under my ribs.  My ribs have stuck out ever since.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 1/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, PennySycamore said:

Is anyone else getting ads for bras for the IBTC (Itty Bitty Titty Committee) on the Maxwell threads?  Just me.  I used to be a certified member of the IBTC.  I was an A cup and could get away with what we called flimsies: front close, unconstructed bras that were popular in the 70s.

LOL. My first bras were 28AAA and I still had to stuff tissues in them. Obviously they weren't for support, just to make my clothes fit properly.

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic