IGNORED

Mills Family 5: YouTube Really Is Optional

nelliebelle1197

The one thing I really didn't like, was that on Asher's birthday, Tom kept mentioning about Andrea not being there. Like "Normally I'd say this was from Mom and Dad but..." or "I've never had to do this before, Andrea always did it." like... the poor boy is sad enough without having constant reminders on his birthday that his mom has died.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The Asher bday video made me so sad for Justus. He looked so dirty with terribly greasy hair and it looks like he is packing on the pounds. Does Tom not see this? Asher looks so thin and the little girls were so messy and dirty looking. Wake up Tom the kids are NOT alright and doing fine. They miss their Mom and are hurting! The state of the household makes me so angry. I want to hug all of those kiddos and take them out of that tiny house for some fun and adventure.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Hufflebecks said:

The one thing I really didn't like, was that on Asher's birthday, Tom kept mentioning about Andrea not being there. Like "Normally I'd say this was from Mom and Dad but..." or "I've never had to do this before, Andrea always did it." like... the poor boy is sad enough without having constant reminders on his birthday that his mom has died.

Congratulations on delurking and welcome to Free Jinger. :)

I don't know.  I find many things about Tom's handling of all this questionable but I'm not going to fault him for acknowledging Andrea's absence and openly talking about it with his children.   Even on Asher's birthday.  It's probably on Asher's mind too, and not acknowledging that Andrea used to do all this makes it seem as though she never existed.

I have a very soft spot for Asher and think he's doing a very good job parenting Hannah for a 16 year-old.  But I wish Tom would pay a lot more attention to all the little girls. 

• Upvote 13

Thoughts on the video:

~I bet he isn't following COPPA at all.

~I hate filming kids when they don't want to be filmed. 

~Tom is terrible at making videos. 

~The learning environment seems to be less chaotic under Tom. With Andrea the TV would be blaring while kids were trying to take tests. While they are still using the super shitty curriculum Andrea picked out, at least the children can teach themselves in a little quieter environment. He actually bought them some noise cancelling head phones to help them cut out distractions. 

~Tom sits and reads with a child and helps him sound out words, so he seems to be doing some things with them education wise.  

~I kinds of like the purple Christmas tree. 

~Ugh are they playing a recording of the Bible again?

~I skipped forward a bit

~He talks with the girls as they decorate their tree. 

~Tom sits on the floor and colors with Hannah. She is adorable with all her floofy ponytails. 

~The Bible doesn't seem to be playing during Asher's birthday party.

~It does seem like Tom put some real thought into Asher's gifts and gets him things he really wanted. He seems happier about these gifts than he did last year when Andrea got him a drill because it was time for him to be a man. Tom gets credit for at least figuring out what sort of things his kids(probably more the boys) are interested in. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I don't know.  I find many things about Tom's handling of all this questionable but I'm not going to fault him for acknowledging Andrea's absence and openly talking about it with his children.   Even on Asher's birthday.  It's probably on Asher's mind too, and not acknowledging that Andrea used to do all this makes it seem as though she never existed.

Especially since it seems like he was about to say the gift was from Mom and Dad and he caught himself and said from Dad and everyone. That is when he mentioned Andrea. I didn't find it out of place at all. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Hufflebecks said:

Exactly! That was one thing that really struck me. He said "these ones are from Daddy and everybody. "I would say Mommy and Daddy but.......pause.....weird just to say it's from Daddy". The poor kid is opening gifts, let's try to be positive and not add more sadness to his special day.  

The other thing I thought was so weird is when they were at Grandma Fern's he actually pointed the camera at every afghan she had in the apartment. He had explained before that the afghans were mistakenly sent to her instead of to his house and that Grandma Fern thought they were for her and that he let her "use them" for NOW. Really???  So what if she got them and thought they were for her?? Let her have them!!!!  For him to point at each afghan meant it really bothered him or he thought it was funny and was making fun of her for having them all over the apartment.  Such immature thinking.  Is he really thinking of getting those back???? He really wasn't very comforting to her when she cried about Andrea. He shut her down real quick. Yet he can cry and whine on video? He never validates anyone's feelings, only his own.  How about saying "I know...I miss her too, she really loved you too." This sweet old woman is his children's GREAT Grandmother, show some caring and love.  Instead he's more worried about the afghans that she has that were meant for the family. 

If he's that bothered by it maybe he could use some of that go fund me money to buy each of the kids a nice blanket and some pajamas and slippers!  Let that poor woman enjoy all those afghans, she was proudly displaying them, so it gave her some joy. Why can't he take joy in the fact they made her happy? "Godly" man is greedy man.

4 hours ago, SIngingforsupper said:

The Asher bday video made me so sad for Justus. He looked so dirty with terribly greasy hair and it looks like he is packing on the pounds. Does Tom not see this? Asher looks so thin and the little girls were so messy and dirty looking. Wake up Tom the kids are NOT alright and doing fine. They miss their Mom and are hurting! The state of the household makes me so angry. I want to hug all of those kiddos and take them out of that tiny house for some fun and adventure.

I think the boys use some kind of hair gel or cream? i saw Andrea buy it one time and she said it was for the boys when they do their hair. I think they use too much, but it's Tom's job to be there and teach his boys how much to use and how to do their hair. I agree, they are left to do too much on their own with no guidance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I suspect the pointing at each Afghan was more due to wanting to show his YouTube People (tm) who sent them to him that they were all accounted for, not that he is mad GMA Fern has them. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I just watched seven minutes of the Live he posted today.    That’s all I could stomach, and far more than I should have watched.   I’m an idiot.    Maybe the video got better, but the few minutes I watched reminded me of why I cannot stand that azz wipe.   

Editing to add - I went back and FF to the end of his video.     He was doing his very important Live while driving, in terrible weather conditions, and poor visibility.    He also states that the “magic number” of children to have is.....5.    

Edited by Olivia Marie
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 5

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I suspect the pointing at each Afghan was more due to wanting to show his YouTube People (tm) who sent them to him that they were all accounted for, not that he is mad GMA Fern has them. 

He had already told everyone they were received and the mistake that was made.  I just found it odd he would do that while he was supposed to be focusing on the visit with Grandma.

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Olivia Marie said:

I just watched seven minutes of the Live he posted today.    That’s all I could stomach, and far more than I should have watched.   I’m an idiot.    Maybe the video got better, but the few minutes I watched reminded me of why I cannot stand that azz wipe.   

Editing to add - I went back and FF to the end of his video.     He was doing his very important Live while driving, in terrible weather conditions, and poor visibility.    He also states that the “magic number” of children to have is.....5.    

Nice Tommy Hilfiger jacket he had on.  He was upset he "wasn't the fun Dad anymore" . No I think he's upset he's not able TO HAVE FUN and be one of the kids anymore. Now he has to step up and be an adult.

He said the money has been helpful and it has dropped off. So I guess this video was to remind people  to donate. Does he even see that he's not being genuine at all?? It's all a show he's putting on to make people feel bad for him. He's really running with the money now, saying it really helps so he doesn't have to stress. 

You wouldn't have to stress if you had thought about whether you could afford to comfortably take care of all the kids you are making and if you had made plans for possible things that might happen and how you would handle that. Now it's up to total strangers to care for your family? I think he's getting worse with expecting money, it sure changes people. Not a very good example.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

47 minutes ago, Itsjustme said:

Nice Tommy Hilfiger jacket he had on.  He was upset he "wasn't the fun Dad anymore" . No I think he's upset he's not able TO HAVE FUN and be one of the kids anymore. Now he has to step up and be an adult.

He said the money has been helpful and it has dropped off. So I guess this video was to remind people  to donate. Does he even see that he's not being genuine at all?? It's all a show he's putting on to make people feel bad for him. He's really running with the money now, saying it really helps so he doesn't have to stress. 

You wouldn't have to stress if you had thought about whether you could afford to comfortably take care of all the kids you are making and if you had made plans for possible things that might happen and how you would handle that. Now it's up to total strangers to care for your family? I think he's getting worse with expecting money, it sure changes people. Not a very good example.

A big Amen ?  

• I Agree 4

Happened to catch today’s live shortly after the fact. Here’s what I heard/saw: 

Tom did a random live today in his car. Said he hasn’t been doing many lives and never during the day. Said it’s been really busy around the house and He said things were starting to fall apart at Home with trying to get kids to do chores and school and stuff. And it’s been hard with work. 

Said he thinks he’s going to be redoing some systems around the house. Said it’s been challenging. He said it’s been harder than he thought being both mom and dad to the kids. He said he used To be the fun dad. 

Someone said he should get a house Keeper and he said he was going to, He said he actually called some lady about it and left a message but she never called him back. He said maybe he would call someone else. 

He said when Andrea was alive she handled everything. (He got emotional when he said this). He said his job was to pretty much to earn money and come Home and be a fun dad. Now he said he’s not a fun dad and he’s not doing a very good job at being a mom. He said he isn’t doing either one very well. 

Said he needs to update the chore and privilege systems. Kids are having a hard time keeping up with them. He said Andrea made the system work for years, tweaking it when needed, but now that she’s not here it’s not working as well for them. He said doing both mom and dad stuff and doing YouTube and work has been hard. 

He said he knows people have been wondering why he hasn’t been posting live. He said doing YouTube has helped a lot money wise and since he Hasn’t been making videos the money has dropped a lot. (And here’s the real reason he’s doing a live-money). He said he will try to do more lives for his sake as well as his viewers. 

He said he doesn’t want a nanny as that would feel like he was falling but maybe a housekeeper. 

Said he should Have split yesterday’s video up into more than one video because he  had a couple Hauls, and grandma Ferns visit and Xmas, etc. said it’s better for the channel If he chops them up. He thought about doing mid roll ads in addition to the ads at start of videos. He said if he did that he would make More money and could Stay home longer with the kids. He said he would never want to rely on youtube channel money but it does help. Someone brought up patreon and he said he thought about doing that too. 

Said he went for a walk around the block today in the snow( they got a couple inches). (So busy but has time To walk around the block and visit with youtube people) 

Said kids are mostly happy and doing pretty good. Still have some sad kids but working on it.  

Said he will probably start live streaming Thursday nights when they go to their local store to shop( the one where Thomas Works) 

Said he needs to get on the road as he’s on his way to a computer job so he’s going to drive and livestream. (He turns the camera around so people Can see out the car windshield while he’s driving)  Said maybe he should live stream a computer repair one of these days. (And this is safe-he’s driving and reading the comments-while the weather is a mix of snow and rain and he’s driving 70 mph)  

Said school has been a little different because his mom has been sick but she’s back at it. 

And as he’s chatting and reading comments while he’s driving, he hits the rumble Strip on the right hand side of the road. (Yeah this is safe.)

And of course Rachel is there To butt in every time someone asks a question or make a comment that is of a differing opinion from Tom. God that woman irks me. 

Someone asked if he was Going to video the Walmart monthly shopping trip and he said they got asked to stop filming at Walmart for the first time. Said they have a policy against filming and he guesses he got a little too wavy with the camera so he needs to be More careful. He “ninja-ed” the check out with the camera. He said the manager of that Walmart goes to magic with them and is a friend of Toms. Tom said he’s a nice Guy but he has to follow corporate policy. Tom said he’s surprised they haven’t been told To stop before now. Said it just means he has to be more ninja style when he’s there. 

Said he has maybe 6-10 more videos with Andrea in them he needs to edit.

Said there’s a bunch of videos he needs to make yet: How their Alexa system works-the chore charts-etc 

Said he may do the patreon thing as it would really help Financially. Of course lots of his viewers said they would support it. He said he’s fine with anything he gets but it does help him to be able To stay at home more. 

Said Mileena comes over a couple Times a week. 

Someone said their kid wondered why Tom still did youtube when so many people Hated him. Tom said there weren’t quite as many haters these days. They had kind of calmed Down. Said when Andrea died he saw a jump in their subscribers/ views. Some people were haters and some just meant well-like the ones who were concerned about Hannah not wearing shoes or her car seat not being buckled right. He said they mean well but it can be hurtful. 

Lots of buffering so big spots where no video or chat because of being so Rural Where he’s driving. 

Someone asked if he would make Rachel a moderator and People Should give a thumbs up for her to do It. He said they were doing ok with moderators. They have gotten rid of most of the haters and trolls. 

Dentist said Judah will probably Have To wear braces for two years but he has a lot of cavities that need to be dealt with first.(so I wouldn’t be surprised if more kids have the same issue -hope he takes them to the dentist too ) 

A few people Said the Bible Study from last night was set to private and they wondered why. He said it was a glitch and should be fixed now. 

Someone said Rachel was a good mod and wandered if she was related to the family. (Man someone’s got a hard on for Rachel. Puke!)

Said he doesn’t check his Facebook messages much at all these days so no Offense to anyone. Said he doesn’t have a lot of free time to check on things like that. 

Justus commented to Tom That he had finished his schooling. Tom Said that was good but he wondered why he was done so quick as it usually takes him all day to finish. Justus said gma kitty was checking it. Tom said that was good and he thought Justus could be done this soon every day if he just set his mind to it. Said he did a good job. 

Said he was getting close To his job so he was signing off. Asked everyone to subscribe and give a thumbs up and signed off. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

@Mom2Bubby, thanks for the recap! Sounds like it was a long-winded money grab. I’m glad at least one of them has been to the dentist. Wonder how many more have cavities. That proves Andrea was very very wrong about their dental “care.” Hopefully this is eye opening for him and he reconsiders putting his kids in school to get a real education. Tom, if she was so wrong about their dental “care,” how wrong are you continuing to be about their education? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

He's doing a live shopping trip now. Creepy Rachel Day is front and center. Who watches her kids while she does her stalking?

OMG, Super Fan is even telling people what time that little local store closes.  That's beyond creepy that she has apparently researched that kind of info.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Now she is telling people the population of the town down to the person (1005, in case you were wondering).  

Yes!! She is so outright creepy as heck!!! Does Tom has binders on Rachel Day's obvious red flagish stalker behavior?

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Dentist said Judah will probably Have To wear braces for two years but he has a lot of cavities that need to be dealt with first.(so I wouldn’t be surprised if more kids have the same issue -hope he takes them to the dentist too ) 

He has had to been in so much pain for years. I bet all these children think mouth pain is normal. Scamaritan won't pay for all this dental work, I don't think, so Tom is going to be spending a fortune. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2

Well, I must confess that I couldn't stay away for too long, I enjoy your company to much, ehehe. So, I was watching the last video and Tom just said to Claudia that sometimes she is rude but that they all love her anyways… WTF, saying to a little girl that she is rude, before it was that being a witch (for halloween) matched her personality, WTH is that guy thinking, I hope that karma brings it back to him… Anyway, if she is rude sometimes is because the parent example she is having is not a role model also, she learns from him and he gives the example to all the kids, the grown ups they are going to be one day it's going to be according to Toms example, ohhh poor kids, Tom = not educated, eating like a pig, with no culture whatsoever, never travelled or saw another reality than his country and pretending to know everything… I hope they don't turn up that way…

Hugs to all of you, ladies from the forum ❤️ 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

Well, I must confess that I couldn't stay away for too long, I enjoy your company to much, ehehe. So, I was watching the last video and Tom just said to Claudia that sometimes she is rude but that they all love her anyways… WTF, saying to a little girl that she is rude, before it was that being a witch (for halloween) matched her personality, WTH is that guy thinking, I hope that karma brings it back to him… Anyway, if she is rude sometimes is because the parent example she is having is not a role model also, she learns from him and he gives the example to all the kids, the grown ups they are going to be one day it's going to be according to Toms example, ohhh poor kids, Tom = not educated, eating like a pig, with no culture whatsoever, never travelled or saw another reality than his country and pretending to know everything… I hope they don't turn up that way…

Hugs to all of you, ladies from the forum ❤️ 

She's only 4. He's always so exasperated with her. A Father and even brothers sets the tone of how a woman will allow men to treat her in her adult years.  She will get used to being labeled as difficult and always being reprimanded for everything she says and does so that if a man she meets one day downs her all the time or says she's difficult that will seem normal to her.

It broke my heart to hear her be upset and say "I'm not rude Daddy!" She probably doesn't even understand what rude means!  Honestly she's not being rude, she's being 4! You have to teach them, we don't say whatever becasue it's not nice or it makes another person sad, etc.

Bless her little heart, she speaks her mind, and he hates it becasue she doesn't agree with him all the time! 

The fact that he bought a Tommy Hilfiger jacket and not just some generic store jacket is very telling, albeit it a  small thing, it says a lot about where his values are heading and how important his image is to him. 

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He has had to been in so much pain for years. I bet all these children think mouth pain is normal. Scamaritan won't pay for all this dental work, I don't think, so Tom is going to be spending a fortune. 

He's going to have trouble getting these kids used to anything on the outside. I agree with so many cavities he had to be having pain, and tooth pain is the worst! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

@Mom2Bubby, thanks for that detailed recap.  You certainly took one for the team.

Quite aside from the things already mentioned, Tom is a scofflaw who thinks the rules and laws don't apply to him.  He is less mature than many responsible adolescents I know.

• For Tom it is apparently fine to drive 70 MPH in wintry mix, while videoing himself and reading comments.  Tom, your children have already lost one parent.  They don't need to lose the other.   Plus, you could kill other people on the road when driving while distracted.  F you, Tom, and the unicorn you rode in on.
  • It is apparently also fine to continue to film (like a ninja) in Walmart.  Even though Tom has been asked to stop by a manager there, who is also some sort of a personal friend.  But Tom doesn't care if he gets that guy into trouble.  Or even fired.  
  • COPPA doesn't apply to Tom.  Actually he's already had a couple of warnings about his child centered content;  I'd love him to be slapped with a huge fine, but that might hurt the kids.

At least he took poor Justus to the dentist.  So Andrea's butter and oatmeal "cure" for cavities didn't work.  Quelle surprise.

And, yes, I hope he takes all the other kids to the dentist too.  Poor things.

Rachel Day is extremely creepy.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Tom currently driving full speed down the highway in bad snow (road looks pretty dry) while reading comments on his phone and arguing that he’s not texting so it’s perfectly legal and everyone needs to lighten up. Anyone showing concern in the chat is being attacked by minions insisting they do all sorts while driving too and are fine ? He said it’s no worse than eating fast food while driving.... yeah Tom exactly, that’s bad too. Imagine he crashed while we’re all watching. Jesus.

ok update the road is not dry and now looks quite bad, he has no snow tires 

Edited by can'tstopwatching
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 9

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

In other words... 'hint, hint fans... Someone please send me free snow tires.'

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Tom Mills, you sir, are an idiot and an asshat. Your kids have already lost one parent, I would think you’d be a little more careful so they don’t lose another. its obvious he doesn’t give two shits about those kids or he wouldn’t be doing this. And the YouTube people who think it’s ok are just as stupid as he is. F@&$in’ idiots! If I really said what I thought of Tom, I’d probably be banned. 

And if it wouldn’t hurt the kids I’d say let him and Ragged ass Rachel get together. They deserve each other. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Inserted sentence.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Tom currently driving full speed down the highway in bad snow (road looks pretty dry) while reading comments on his phone and arguing that he’s not texting so it’s perfectly legal and everyone needs to lighten up. Anyone showing concern in the chat is being attacked by minions insisting they do all sorts while driving too and are fine ? He said it’s no worse than eating fast food while driving.... yeah Tom exactly, that’s bad too. Imagine he crashed while we’re all watching. Jesus.

Ignorant jack off!!   If I thought law authorities would do anything, I would turn his cocky arrogant azz into the Wyoming Highway Patrol.  It’s simple enough to do, and his very own videos and smart azz words are proof of what he is doing.    Except for the children, I don’t care if he runs off the road.  I do, however, care about the innocent people who are driving on the same roads as that narcissistic jerk!!  

Edited by Olivia Marie
  • Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic