IGNORED

Mills Family 5: YouTube Really Is Optional

nelliebelle1197

And how ironic that he was so cold. This is why the kids need to dress for the weather. Shorts, thin jean jackets, no socks, no coats etc is not smart in Wyoming in the winter.  And a nice healthy breakfast made by dad at home  that they could wake up to would have been much nicer for the kids than donuts that he had to drive a long way to get. I tried to comment on the video but It said I had to make a channel?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Tom put up a new video-trying a new shopping list/large family shop with me. It’s the monthly Walmart trip. He aired it as a premiere so there was a live chat. Asher was with him for this trip. It’s also the trip they get asked to stop filming at Walmart. He said he made the shopping list So it follows the path they take in the store so it should be easier to find things. 

Someone asked if the plumber showed up for the new bathroom and he said yes. 

Still shopping for convenience/junk foods after months of being able to figure out a routine as far as cooking healthier meals goes. 

Not much talking in this shopping part of video and didn’t show the whole trip as their were some items on the belt that he didn’t show them picking up. 

Once he got outside to the van, he said we missed the last bit of shopping as they asked him to stop filming. He said he was surprised it hadn't happened before now. Said he guessed he was being too flippant with the camera. He said he would see if it happened again. He said he’d have to be more careful next time. Said he didn’t spend as much this month because he had stuff left over from last month plus viewers had sent them groceries. 

Someone asked him if all the ramen soup was for the teens and he said initially, but everyone liked it now and it’s quick, cheap and easy. (and just so nutritious)

He videoed the drive home playing the happy mandolin song. (The song all his viewers are always asking for). 

When they got Home he set the camera up in the kitchen so viewers could watch them putting away groceries. 

Someone asked him if he stuck to his grocery budget. He said ,”what’s that?lol” and said he just tries not To spend too much and some day he will start a budget again. (Yeah when the youtube people stop paying his way). 

And then the video ended. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

33 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Tom put up a new video-trying a new shopping list/large family shop with me. It’s the monthly Walmart trip. He aired it as a premiere so there was a live chat. Asher was with him for this trip. It’s also the trip they get asked to stop filming at Walmart. He said he made the shopping list So it follows the path they take in the store so it should be easier to find things. 

Someone asked if the plumber showed up for the new bathroom and he said yes. 

Still shopping for convenience/junk foods after months of being able to figure out a routine as far as cooking healthier meals goes. 

Not much talking in this shopping part of video and didn’t show the whole trip as their were some items on the belt that he didn’t show them picking up. 

Once he got outside to the van, he said we missed the last bit of shopping as they asked him to stop filming. He said he was surprised it hadn't happened before now. Said he guessed he was being too flippant with the camera. He said he would see if it happened again. He said he’d have to be more careful next time. Said he didn’t spend as much this month because he had stuff left over from last month plus viewers had sent them groceries. 

Someone asked him if all the ramen soup was for the teens and he said initially, but everyone liked it now and it’s quick, cheap and easy. (and just so nutritious)

He videoed the drive home playing the happy mandolin song. (The song all his viewers are always asking for). 

When they got Home he set the camera up in the kitchen so viewers could watch them putting away groceries. 

Someone asked him if he stuck to his grocery budget. He said ,”what’s that?lol” and said he just tries not To spend too much and some day he will start a budget again. (Yeah when the youtube people stop paying his way). 

And then the video ended. 

This was the video where he seemed to be filming while driving.

• Upvote 4

He didn't lose any income when Andrea passed away. They got by before but now they can't? He was so adamant before about how they managed and didn't need anyone's help  When the kids are walking in the night air with skirts and short sleeves, no hats or gloves, and no jackets or inappropriate jackets for the weather it's ok but when he's changing a tire he's frozen. He says whatever will gain sympathy for any given moment.  That's just manipulating people by using the power of suggestion with his little innuendos. The reason he's so flip with everyone lately is becasue he's being called out and then he turns to being a victim. IE: Oh people are saying I'm a bad parent....That's just more manipulation and innocent people fall for it AND THAT is where he is wrong in what he is doing. A manipulative person knows how to play on emotions and THAT is dishonest.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I have to admit I find it funny that this flat tire situation is proving how wrong Tom is about things. Very recently he was going on about how great Wyoming is, especially compared to CA, because if someone was on the side of the road the first person who drove by would stop to make sure they were okay while in CA everyone ignores you. I’m 8 minutes into the video and you can hear car after car driving right by him without stopping. Oh Tom you arrogant idiot. 

I live in Colorado and have been here for over twenty-five years. 

One time I was driving my truck and loaded horse trailer to the vet, and slid off the ice packed dirt road into a shallow ditch.  I cursed and got out of the truck to lock my hubs to see if 4WD would pull it free. Before I got back in the truck a pick-up pulls up and a guy who could have been the twin of the Marlboro Man jumps out, grabs a shovel from the back of his pickup, and without saying much starts digging the snow and ice from under the wheels. Then he dug some sand from the bank by the truck and threw it in front of the wheels. Five minutes later I was my own my way after thanking him profusely. After that experience, when driving the truck in the winter, I made sure I had a shovel in the back of my truck. I also made sure my 4WD was engaged before I turned onto dirt roads.

Another time I was driving my mother on the heavily traveled Interstate between Denver and Colorado Springs when my Forester developed a flat due to a screw in my tire. It had been decades since I changed a tire myself and I planned on calling my auto service after checking the nearest mile marker.  I was walking back to the car when two guys in a flashy red pickup pulled up on the adjacent service road and asked if I wanted help. They had the spare put on in ten minutes. They didn't ask for payment but they didn't turn down the twenty which was my only cash either.

So it does happen. But I was a middle-aged woman and I would be very surprised if someone stopped here in Colorado for an apparently able-bodied youngish man changing a flat tire.

• Upvote 11

16 hours ago, OyHiOh said:

In a word, no.  The spirit of the untamed libertarian "wild west" is strong in WY, CO (I live in CO), probably MT and much of the rest of the interior mountain west.  It's annoying and frustrating and entirely stupid. 

An "easy" one, especially in a state that thrives on its outdoor tourism economy:  We don't have mandatory/universal recycling in the state.  Doing so would infringe on people's right to make their own decisions.  We don't even have a helmet law for motorcycles!!!

I grew up in New Hampshire.  No helmet law there either - Live Free or Die!

Also, no mandatory recycling.  It's bizarre.  I live in a neighboring state now where people have more common sense.

Tom also talked about the lack of robberies in Morecroft as an excuse for not locking his doors.  We live in a respectable suburban bordering on rural neighborhood, but we have some neighbors on our street with real problems because they are hooked on opioids/other illegal drugs.  The police have twice revived one of the members of the household, and the people who live there are easily agitated.  Everyone on the street is afraid of that house, and the police don't seem to be able to do anything.  We all call the police on a regular basis, especially in the summer when more of their negative behaviors are  apparent.  A number of times a few of the residents of that house have spent time in jail because of buying, using, selling drugs.  We all lock our doors now because we don't want to deal with drug addicts (and their friends)  who might steal because of their habits.  Does no one in rural Wyoming deal with the problem of drug addiction?  It seems to be a problem in every state and neighborhood.  The police say that most home robberies are kids looking for things to sell for drugs.  Maybe I live in an unusual neighborhood and region, but I doubt it.

• Upvote 8

While crime in Moorcroft is lower than the US average, it was higher in 2018 than 19.8 % of US cities. The crime rate has been falling the last couple of years there but by no means does that mean there isn’t any. Tom is stupid not to lock his doors. Especially when those kids are left Home alone all the time. And he and Andrea have given any crazy loon blueprints of their house In their videos and he is on youtube all the time telling when he’s not home. Any  pervert or junkie or thief could walk right into that house. In this day and age you have to have some Common sense. My parents never locked the doors when I was growing up in the 60s and we lived in a small town. Got broken into once. ( well, didn’t have to break anything, just walked in). I live in a small town now the same size as Tom and not only are we locked up but we have security alarms as well. It just makes sense these days. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Spelling
  • Upvote 10

Someone commented on his Walmart shopping haul that she is a nutritionist and she’d love to see less processed and less genetically modified foods in his haul. She said food should never have ingredients, it should just be food. One life, one body. Tom responded to her and boy was he pissy. He said, “ well, are you aware cutting up a carrot is Processing it? How did you decide that processing it is a negative thing? That old lie that processing makes your body not digest food properly has been passed down a long time, and is completely incorrect. If you put food through a food processor it is still the same food. Eating an inclusive diet without excess is all that’s needed. To put it into perspective, those three boxes toaster strudels will allow each person to have one strudel three times a month.”  

Does he even hear himself? Does he not understand? OMG. What a fool. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Spelling
  • Upvote 9
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Someone commented on his Walmart shopping haul that she is a nutritionist and she’d love to see less processed and less genetically modified foods in his haul. She said food should never have ingredients, it should just be food. One life, one body. Tom responded to her and boy was he pissy. He said, “ well, are you aware cutting up a carrot is Processing it? How did you decide that processing it is a negative thing? That old lie that processing makes your body not digest food properly has been passed down a long time, and is completely incorrect. If you put food through a food processor it is still the same food. Eating an inclusive diet without excess is all that’s needed. To put it into perspective, those three boxes toaster strudels will allow each person to have one strudel three times a month.”  

Ohhhh the things I could say about this. What an utter fool, an absolute idiot. He’s got these key phrases he uses in every argument on certain topics, and telling people that cutting up a carrot is processing food is one of those lines. He thinks he’s showing how much smarter than everyone he is (including experts) and he thinks by responding like that that he is the one embarrassing the other person (his minions will back him up on that). He will NEVER understand how idiotic he makes himself look when he does that. He is a bumbling, arrogant moron and he will never ever know it.

Its COMMON SENSE that eating a whole food (fruit, vegetable) is healthier and more natural than eating a toaster strudel with unpronounceable ingredients and chemicals. Yes I eat processed food and chemicals, I’m not claiming I don’t, but I know what is objectively healthier because I’m not an ignorant fool.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

For crying out loud, Tom, cutting carrots is not the same as adding BHT, artificial colors, sodium and sugar to make a food taste and look good and preserve it so it can sit on the shelf for a year.  Does this man have anything between his ears?

Edited by Unbelievable
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 8
  • Love 4

Tom, the strongest predictor of whether someone will stop to help on the road is (now, pay attention, because this is complex!) . . . whether someone comes along who is willing to help people stuck on the road!

Although he scorned CA, I suspect Tom thinks that people here in the nasty, diverse Northeastern US would also pass by. Here are two stories (of many that I know).

When we were both young enough to actually do some good, my Dad and I stopped to help someone who had slipped sideways into a snowbank in a major Eastern city that had gotten more snow than people there were used to. Another man stopped to help as well, and we exchanged our snow histories; we were former New Englanders, he was from upstate NY. We felt it was important to help people without snow experience, and we had shovels in our cars due to our previous snowy lives.

Last year, we had a day when roads turned icy while I was out. On my way home, my usually hardy little car just wouldn't go up a hill. I saw some police officers helping someone on a side street ahead of me, and waved to them. An officer came over, and told me there was nothing she and her partner could do for me (I think they helped the other person because their car was completely blocking a street - mine was not), and walked away.

Before I could plan what to do next, a car pulled up behind me, and some young men who couldn't speak much English (and had brown skin, Tom!) made it clear that they wanted to help me. And they manually, physically pushed my car until it was past the ice and moving.

So put that in your "small town Wyoming (91.44% white!) folks are the best" pipe and smoke it, Tom. There are good people everywhere.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

20 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I have to admit I find it funny that this flat tire situation is proving how wrong Tom is about things. Very recently he was going on about how great Wyoming is, especially compared to CA, because if someone was on the side of the road the first person who drove by would stop to make sure they were okay while in CA everyone ignores you. I’m 8 minutes into the video and you can hear car after car driving right by him without stopping. Oh Tom you arrogant idiot. 

Maybe they all know him? 

On 2/9/2020 at 12:21 PM, Mom2Bubby said:

Fine

Up to $75 for texting while driving

Wyoming takes distracted driving very seriously and is working hard to crack down on drivers who text and drive. 

I laughed out loud at this tbh. Where I live touching your phone while the engine is going - even if you are stopped at lights or pulled over - will cost you $496. This includes passing the phone to your passenger, basically any touching. You can use your phone in a hands free holder, but only if you can operate it without touching it.  I usually pug my handbag in the footwell or trunk so I don't forget and go to swipe it off.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Maybe they all know him? 

I had just the same thought.  Maybe the village people knows that he is an azz arrogant and snob,  who thinks that's better than anyone else and is always right. Usually village people hate that, because they are simple people living their simple and happy lives.

And cars were passing by and we could hear them, however Tom was saying that there was no traffic,  just to justify his theory and to confirm that he is always right, lol, what a jerk!!!

:whaa:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Maybe they all know him? 

I laughed out loud at this tbh. Where I live touching your phone while the engine is going - even if you are stopped at lights or pulled over - will cost you $496. This includes passing the phone to your passenger, basically any touching. You can use your phone in a hands free holder, but only if you can operate it without touching it.  I usually pug my handbag in the footwell or trunk so I don't forget and go to swipe it off.

If you count how long his eyes are off the road reading his phone there are many longer than five seconds. That seems dangerous.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 2/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, louannems said:

Andrea would always say they bought fresh foods from their weekly Deile hauls. 

She does show some of those. It never looked like it was enough fresh fruits and veggies for a family that size. She would buy three peaches for the family to share. She did always claim her kids were too picky and some wouldn't even eat bananas, but I can't help wonder if these kids are such picky eaters because she fed them a steady diet of crap. She let them buy entire cases of soda along with all sorts of candy with their money each week and the snacks she kept in the van were all junk foods and koolaid drinks. They also ate a lot of ramen noodles which might be why Tom is still buying them since the kids have grown up eating them on a regular basis. 

Does Tom still buy the raw milk Andrea bought? I hope that was just one of Andrea's insane beliefs that he has since dropped. 

I wish Youtube would take down videos of people like Tom driving while reading comments. He is basically putting people's lives in danger and it shouldn't be allowed. Does anyone know if Youtube would take this seriously as a dangerous act? There is a way to report dangerous acts and if Youtube would do something everyone should report his videos of him driving and focusing on the camera instead of the road. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Here they're getting crazy about distracted driving. If I plug my phone in, it's about 99% hands free operation. It will even read my texts for me. My audio controls are on my steering wheel. I never thought that would be a feature I could live without. When I had my Mustang...my phone went in my bag, my bag went in the back seat, and that was that. Now with the bluetooth/direct plugin for my phone (Ford Sync) its easier to take care of things. It was especially useful to be able to talk to my mother in law while Dave was sick and keep her posted without him having to hear all the gory details. His poor brain was so scrambled he couldn't follow a conversation anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She does show some of those. It never looked like it was enough fresh fruits and veggies for a family that size. She would buy three peaches for the family to share. She did always claim her kids were too picky and some wouldn't even eat bananas, but I can't help wonder if these kids are such picky eaters because she fed them a steady diet of crap. She let them buy entire cases of soda along with all sorts of candy with their money each week and the snacks she kept in the van were all junk foods and koolaid drinks. They also ate a lot of ramen noodles which might be why Tom is still buying them since the kids have grown up eating them on a regular basis. 

Does Tom still buy the raw milk Andrea bought? I hope that was just one of Andrea's insane beliefs that he has since dropped. 

I wish Youtube would take down videos of people like Tom driving while reading comments. He is basically putting people's lives in danger and it shouldn't be allowed. Does anyone know if Youtube would take this seriously as a dangerous act? There is a way to report dangerous acts and if Youtube would do something everyone should report his videos of him driving and focusing on the camera instead of the road. 

I actually didn't see Andrea buy raw milk, although I'm sure she did if available.  What I did see, and what Tom continues to do, is shop at Smith's (a Kroger store) once a week to buy mine gallons of milk.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I agree.  Anyone posting vids of distracted driving should be pulled.  It's the only way these people will knock it off.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I’m at the very end of the long live stream and Tom thought the pound had been gotten rid of for the euro. Thomas said no I think they’re two different things, and Tom had to be convinced ? that’s so embarrassing 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

His live was supposed to be a Q & A but as usual it was just a you ask and Tom will prove you wrong session. Claudia was sick and people were suggesting things to give her.  One lady said give her Gatorade but mix half water and half Gatorade so as to dilute the sugar content. I don't think she  was trying to rub in that he uses too  much sugar with his kids, she said her doctor recommended that the last time she was sick, but he goes and gets all defensive and says "no I don't have to do that, sugar is good for you, I'd rather she had some sugar becasue she hasn't eaten anything all day" Then he went on and on about  the myth that sugar is bad. That eggs were considered bad but are now good, that butter was bad but is now considered good, etc etc. 

I noticed in a lot of videos that when Andrea and he were disagreeing on something, she would just eventually give in and say "oh ok, you're right" or "I didn't know that". 

Another point is when he started talking about people saying he was a bad parent, Thomas chimed in and said "yeah, like we are abused and only get fed twice a week and we are locked up". I don't know what he's telling the kids but I'm sure he embellishes or exaggerates for more sympathy.

There was one person who he banned for saying something like "you destroyed everything Andrea worked so hard on for years, buying magic cards, etc" He banned her and then went on a rant saying if he was so greedy why would he be living in a small home and driving a 20 year old car??Blah Blah Blah. Umm,,maybe he never worked enough to provide a better home or car? And he's obviously NOT content with living in a small home becasue he's planning on adding to it and he already is putting in a new bath, and not on funds he provided. He's so inconsistent and hypocritical.  The way he talks to people is so condescending. You don't have to tell others when there is a troll, just read the comment TO YOURSELF and ban them. No one else has to know unless he is using that too as a way to gain sympathy?  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

17 minutes ago, Itsjustme said:

No one else has to know unless he is using that too as a way to gain sympathy?  

Of course that it's to gain sympathy,  everything he does it's deliberately and with a purpose,  he knows how to manipulate people as a good narcissist like he is. Andrea was someone that would enable him at all levels, even that one, to show him that he was always right. She always gave up on her believes and thoughts in order to agree with his...:digging-grave:

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She does show some of those. It never looked like it was enough fresh fruits and veggies for a family that size.

I thought the same thing every time I saw Andrea grab just *one* bag of grapes for the whole family.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

I thought the same thing every time I saw Andrea grab just *one* bag of grapes for the whole family.

And the bag wouldn't even be full of grapes! I always figured she showed these tiny amounts of fruit to try and get people off her back about how her kids ate nothing but junk food. I will give Andrea credit that she absolutely knew how to put on a good show that diverted people's eyes away from what was really going on. She kind of reminds me of Kelly Bates in that way because Kelly too knows how to control the narrative. 

Tom can't do that for shit. He is too dumb and unaware of anyone else.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

And the bag wouldn't even be full of grapes! I always figured she showed these tiny amounts of fruit to try and get people off her back about how her kids ate nothing but junk food. I will give Andrea credit that she absolutely knew how to put on a good show that diverted people's eyes away from what was really going on. She kind of reminds me of Kelly Bates in that way because Kelly too knows how to control the narrative. 

Tom can't do that for shit. He is too dumb and unaware of anyone else.

I think that Andrea intentionally downplayed some of their more extreme beliefs and actions because she knew that it would lead to people criticizing her even more than they already did. It's clear from some of the videos and comments that Andrea made that she was extremely sensitive to any criticism, regardless of how well meaning.

I don't believe that Tom doesn't follow Andrea's lead because he is too dumb or unaware of others. I think it's because he wholeheartedly believes that he is 100% correct in everything he believes/does and that any criticism is because most of the general public is too stupid to have reached the same conclusions Tom has. He is truly that arrogant.

I wonder if Andrea would have had the same extreme religious and political views if she had not married Tom. Mind you, I'm not saying that Andrea is not responsible for her beliefs or that she would have been a liberal but for Tom. I do, however, think that Tom has adopted some very non-mainstream beliefs because it fits in nicely with Tom's belief that he is smarter than everyone else (or at least the vast majority of people). I wonder if Andrea's sensitivity to criticism was because she knew, at least on some level, that at least some of their beliefs were hogwash.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic