IGNORED

Mills Family 5: YouTube Really Is Optional

nelliebelle1197

On the last travel to the shop for the kids to spend their money, Tom was paying for a few things and saying "daddy is feeling generous today!" Lol, with the credit given by other people... not with his own cash from his hard work.

The last live of the dinner, it appears as a private video... does it happens only to me? What happened there that he had to turn it private, please tell. I didn't hear the notification  of the video and then it was to late...

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

On the last travel to the shop for the kids to spend their money, Tom was paying for a few things and saying "daddy is feeling generous today!" Lol, with the credit given by other people... not with his own cash from his hard work.

The last live of the dinner, it appears as a private video... does it happens only to me? What happened there that he had to turn it private, please tell. I didn't hear the notification  of the video and then it was to late...

I didn’t get a chance to see the live dinner either. I wondered where it went. I’d also like to know why it’s not viewable. 
I noticed on the latest Diehls shopping video,  someone mentioned in the comments about Tom not getting the windshield on his van fixed ( and Tom said in the video the crack was getting bigger) and Thomas answered the person very snidely. Guess he learned from the best. Smh

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Spelling
  • Upvote 4

Thomas is definitely his parents’ son.  He honestly already believes he’s intellectually above and beyond; something I don’t see in the other kids.  I think Judah and Justus are beginning to get it and little Solly is a thinker for his age too, so he may be a hard sell on the crap as well.  Asher is just trying to survive being a faux daddy at 16.  The daughters are in their own world at their ages.

Outdoor not imagine doing the same thing day after day, week after week, month after month without more stimulus than they receive in that 1000 sq ft.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

After viewing the last local grocery shop I was saddened to see poor little Hannah barefooted again. I found the behavior of Tom and Asher cruel as they flaunted that little girl sockless and shoeless. Tom thinks these videos will be viewed by future generations but I wonder what a grown Hannah will think when she sees how she was neglected and apparently at times on purpose.

I just don’t understand how a father can treat his child this way.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

The live dinner video is up.  According to what I saw I would title the video, "Pompous Tom and crap."  lol   He said he went to the grief group but no one showed up, not even the person running it. The rest was the kids eating sub sandwiches, doritos, and pineapple. he was aggravated with Claudia for not eating her dinner and only eating doritos. Well, don't have them on the table at all and she won't fill up on doritos. 

He was complaining about the trolls and answering them back in a  condescending way, all very childish. He made some comment about the trolls saying something and then people will unsub from the channel. It would be normal to lose subscribers because the channel is completely different now. I would imagine, most people who watched were mothers at home with kids and those who home schooled and wanted to watch another mother navigate through their day for different ideas. If the channel isn't about that anymore they aren't going to watch, it's not becasue of trolls.  EVERY channel has trolls!! It isn't just  Mills Family channel.  The whole thing just seemed so "angry". 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I just watched the random Q/A from March 11 - the one where Tom says several times that the Covid19 pandemic is a hoax and someone's making money off it!!  What a doofus.  We had an emergency staff development day yesterday to learn how to teach effectively online for a period of time.  A lot of the additional conversation was about how to get breakfast and lunch to low-income kids who eat those meals at school.  We also are concerned about the chaos we know this creates for families.  The school districts closing are not taking this lightly.  I for one don't at all like the idea of trying to teach complicated content online, and I know my students will not be where they normally are by the end of the year.  I'm also concerned about kids who might be responsible for other siblings left at home so parents can still go to work (there are lots of parents who can't work from home and who have to work).  I'm concerned that if they're responsible for other siblings and their learning that they won't be able to complete their own independent work.   And there are plenty of kids who are already emotionally fragile and will suffer without the continuity of their school life.  There are also special ed students who need daily support in our classrooms, and they will likely not have that at home. The kids with parents who are already responsible and available to their kids during the day do not worry me, but they are not usually the majority.   What I'm trying to say is that Tom insults everyone who is affected by this virus when he calls it all a hoax.  My friends in Spain and Italy are not saying it's a hoax.  He's a jerk.  The end.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

23 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I just watched the random Q/A from March 11 - the one where Tom says several times that the Covid19 pandemic is a hoax and someone's making money off it!!  What a doofus.  We had an emergency staff development day yesterday to learn how to teach effectively online for a period of time.  A lot of the additional conversation was about how to get breakfast and lunch to low-income kids who eat those meals at school.  We also are concerned about the chaos we know this creates for families.  The school districts closing are not taking this lightly.  I for one don't at all like the idea of trying to teach complicated content online, and I know my students will not be where they normally are by the end of the year.  I'm also concerned about kids who might be responsible for other siblings left at home so parents can still go to work (there are lots of parents who can't work from home and who have to work).  I'm concerned that if they're responsible for other siblings and their learning that they won't be able to complete their own independent work.   And there are plenty of kids who are already emotionally fragile and will suffer without the continuity of their school life.  There are also special ed students who need daily support in our classrooms, and they will likely not have that at home. The kids with parents who are already responsible and available to their kids during the day do not worry me, but they are not usually the majority.   What I'm trying to say is that Tom insults everyone who is affected by this virus when he calls it all a hoax.  My friends in Spain and Italy are not saying it's a hoax.  He's a jerk.  The end.

Moron, egotistical POS.    Just waiting for karma to bite him in his arrogant azz.   

Edited by Olivia Marie
  • Upvote 9

Agree with you on the Q & A.  My daughter started a weekend backpack food program in my grandson’s rural elementary school four years ago.  She and I pack 90-95 bags for the guidance counselor to distribute each pass out.  
Our cafeteria is going to prepare modified meals and the bus drivers are going to run their usual routes to deliver breakfast and lunch every day.  We have no cases yet, but all schools and our universities are shut down, some through spring semester.

My granddaughter is an RN at a city heart hospital, and they are being offered all the overtime they can handle in preparation for the vaccine.  All out patient elective cath lab procedures are on hold.  
I think a lot of folks were skeptical in the beginning, but Tom can’t let anything go once he makes a statement that becomes questionable.  He always doubles and triples down.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

The whole thing just seemed so "angry". 

Don't tell me his latest paramour has dumped him already?!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

This virus is scary. I’m in northern New Jersey. All the schools around me are doing remote learning. I’m probably not going to have any dog clients for a few weeks. I will be fine financially because I have a ton of savings. My clients that have college age kids their kids have returned home. One of them their daughter is suppose graduate in May and the school may not have a graduation ceremony. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Don't tell me his latest paramour has dumped him already?!

On one of tha latest lives he was asked if he was talking with someone and he answered no. I also mentioned that he rushes into things very fast. I wonder what he had said to the girl that scared her... was it about his kids or about his feet fungus?!? ?? 

• Upvote 7

I just watched the latest live dinner video. The chat wasn’t available so I couldn’t see what was being commented on. 

It bugs the hell out of me that those kids eat the way they do. He made sub rolls and told the older kids to make their buddies a sandwich. Eden was responsible for Claudia.  Instead of cutting the bread open and putting the peanut butter on the inside of it, she just smeared some across the top of the bread. Claudia ate Doritos (quite a few), and only took one small bite of her bread at Toms insistence, and one bite of her pineapple ring. When dinner was done Solly asked if he could have a brownie and Tom said when you pick up your tray you can have one. So Claudia takes care of her tray and grabbed the brownies and Tom told her she couldn’t have one because she didn’t eat. He sat right there the whole time the kids were eating and he didn’t seem to see that the kids weren’t eating. He put Doritos and a pineapple ring on everyone’s tray then never helped them again. He made sure to get his food though. Asher didn’t eat much either. They basically had bread for supper. He should have taken the Doritos away from Claudia and made her eat her sandwich.  He just sat there looking right through them though.

Hannah was so tired she didn’t finish her supper before she fell asleep In her chair. Instead of taking her to bed, Asher went over to the couch and laid down with her On his chest. Judah then went over to the couch and him and Asher starting goofing around. They were picking at Hannah while she was trying to sleep. Asher picked her up and made it seem like she was flying in the air, which woke her up and she was crying. Tom just sat there and watched them do it. Asher did it a couple of times. The weird part was, Tom must have edited out something, because one second Asher is on the couch with Hannah crying and the very next second it shows Asher and Hannah in Toms bedroom on the bed and Hannah is wide awake and playing with Asher. (It never showed Asher taking her in the bedroom or her being fully awake). Asher was tickling her and she would be laughing and then when he wouldn’t stop she started crying. It surprised me he was being very rough with her and not so nice. And Tom still just sat there. I felt So bad for her. Tom said she hadn’t been getting naps lately and that’s why she was tired. He said he should make sure she gets down for more naps. So in other words, tell Asher to make sure. 

Tom didn’t seem to interact with the kids or the group chat much during this video. Not like he usually does. He kept saying the chat was full of trolls. He did seem very angry during the whole live. 

I just wonder, does he even do anything for his kids? He just sat there the whole time like he was oblivious to what was going on around him. He basically ignored the kids for most of it. He did talk to Thomas-who is acting more and more like Tom all the time. He kept complaining about the kids talking about the corona virus. He told them to stop talking about it and then backtracked and said they could talk about it if they needed to. He kept saying they were stocked up in the Mills Market and would be fine so everyone didn’t need to worry about them. And he knew it was all going to blow over in less than two weeks anyway. He said it has been made into more if a big deal than it needs to be. 

He also said he started the live early because he was going to magic. God forbid he stay home and take care of his kids. He’s so immature.

Claudia was off camera and took her clothes off. Tom made her get dressed and when she went over to the couch he told her to keep her clothes on and told the older kids to keep an eye on her. At one point she went in Toms bedroom with Hannah and was playing with her. Asher came out and left the two girls in there alone. At one point it looked like Claudia was trying to bite Hannah. I could only see through the door because of the way he had the camera angled, but that’s what it looked like to me. 
Tom said he went to the grief support group and no one showed up, even the leader. Geez Tom, maybe you should have called to see if it got canceled first. Maybe it was canceled due to the “fake” health concerns going around. 
This family is falling apart the longer they go on, and I don’t know what has to happen for it to change for the better. If it even will. Tom seems like he’s just going through the motions at this point. The more I watch, the angrier I get. I wish someone would step in and get in his face and tell him to wake up, get over himself and man up and take care of his kids the way they deserve. Gah- this poor excuse for a father gets to me. I feel so bad for those kids. 

I also watched the quickie shopping trip he took to the store where they have credit( the one that isn’t in their town). It looked to me like he stopped there on his way back from a job. He got some random stuff, and again mentioned how he should probably be stocking up due to the virus, but wasn’t very serious about it. (But in the live dinner he said they were already stocked up). 

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 7
  • Thank You 6

He thinks it will be over in 2 weeks?? He really doesn't back down does he, whole countries are locking down, he must have seen (via his fb feed at least if he doesn't listen or watch the news)  what is happening in countries like Italy! Even his beloved Trump is finally taking it seriously!

I feel so sad for all those kids, especially Asher though, that poor lad has so much on his young shoulders, grieving for his mother, keeping a house running, being a surrogate father to his baby sister, I wonder if resentment could creep in a little hence him being a little rough without realising or more likely its because he's a teen and sometimes teens will be a little OTT because they are still children!

I don't understand how Tom's mother is not seeing all this and stepping in to do something about it. He seems to be saying all the right things - therapist, grief support group, feeding the kids a more varied diet and yet doing even less than usual (which is quite an achievement given how little he does do for them!) The shopping video with Asher and Solly, he seemed to make a big deal about putting all those tins on fruit in his trolley, I bet most of them were canned in syrup rather than juice, so still super unhealthy!

The younger kids in particular desperately need this situation to change, the neglect, especially with Hannah and with Claudia is getting worse ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

3 minutes ago, Sloth said:

He thinks it will be over in 2 weeks?? He really doesn't back down does he, whole countries are locking down, he must have seen (via his fb feed at least if he doesn't listen or watch the news)  what is happening in countries like Italy! Even his beloved Trump is finally taking it seriously!

I feel so sad for all those kids, especially Asher though, that poor lad has so much on his young shoulders, grieving for his mother, keeping a house running, being a surrogate father to his baby sister, I wonder if resentment could creep in a little hence him being a little rough without realising or more likely its because he's a teen and sometimes teens will be a little OTT because they are still children!

I don't understand how Tom's mother is not seeing all this and stepping in to do something about it. He seems to be saying all the right things - therapist, grief support group, feeding the kids a more varied diet and yet doing even less than usual (which is quite an achievement given how little he does do for them!) The shopping video with Asher and Solly, he seemed to make a big deal about putting all those tins on fruit in his trolley, I bet most of them were canned in syrup rather than juice, so still super unhealthy!

The younger kids in particular desperately need this situation to change, the neglect, especially with Hannah and with Claudia is getting worse ?

He seems checked out. Just going through the motions as was mentioned. Someone wrote a comment about Asher being in charge of Hannah and he let it go through so he could answer that Asher wants to do it! Their diet is horrible. Subs with no veggies? So many empty calories. Oh well  there are worse situations they could be in. They could be a Rod kid.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I know it's old news, but the food he was putting in the cart in the latest coronavirus shopping video is so gross and unhealthy. Not the kind of stuff that would sustain your 9 kids in any kind of substantial of beneficial way, virus or not. He says his kids are picky and won't try most things, I totally believe that, lots of kids are just picky. But it's his and Andrea's fault that they never persisted in trying to get the kids to branch out and don't bother even trying to feed them well (and Tom's insistent pickiness certainly doesn't help).

• Upvote 9

Anyone notice the live dinner, at around the 15 minute mark, Tom told Claudia that she’s disgusting?!?

Who actually says that to a child; aside from an abusive person.

Also, I think I might know why Tom was so angry. In the future I will share more about that thought.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Anyone notice the live dinner, at around the 15 minute mark, Tom told Claudia that she’s disgusting?!?

Who actually says that to a child; aside from an abusive person.

Also, I think I might know why Tom was so angry. In the future I will share more about that thought.

Please tell, I'm very curious about it... I bet we all are very curious about it... why is he so mad and angry?!? What happened? Is it because the cash flow is not flowing so much, even with the suggestions and the flat tires videos... he must be thinking, " I'm doing all this effort just to please YouTube people, showing that I buy fruit etc, so why they ain't giving more money, why?!?! "

Well that was a thought I had about him...

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

Please tell, I'm very curious about it... I bet we all are very curious about it... why is he so mad and angry?!? What happened? Is it because the cash flow is not flowing so much, even with the suggestions and the flat tires videos... he must be thinking, " I'm doing all this effort just to please YouTube people, showing that I buy fruit etc, so why they ain't giving more money, why?!?! "

Well that was a thought I had about him...

Wish there was a way for me to inbox you with written text. I’m not going to write about it publicly for at least 5-7 more days. And when I do, I will share my rationale for waiting to post about it. It will make sense then.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Wish there was a way for me to inbox you with written text. 

Are direct messages no longer a thing on FJ? I sent one not too long ago. Or are you referring to something else?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Wish there was a way for me to inbox you with written text. I

You can do that. Just send a private message.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

You can do that. Just send a private message.

I only have option to send images.

ETA: nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks for your help, formergothardite.

Edited by PotsPansPatriarchy
Updated info
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Asher went over to the couch and laid down with her On his chest. Judah then went over to the couch and him and Asher starting goofing around. They were picking at Hannah while she was trying to sleep. Asher picked her up and made it seem like she was flying in the air, which woke her up and she was crying. Tom just sat there and watched them do it.

I didn't watch the whole thing so I never saw that part. This is why you don't let a 16 year old boy care for a toddler.  Boys will be rough and goof off a lot. They are treating her more like a doll than a human. He must have edited out stuff becasue the video was down for a while.  

4 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

When dinner was done Solly asked if he could have a brownie and Tom said when you pick up your tray you can have one. So Claudia takes care of her tray and grabbed the brownies and Tom told her she couldn’t have one because she didn’t eat.

And yet Sophia didn't clear her tray, it was still on the table, and she got a brownie. Why does he even have the desserts out before everyone is done anyway? Maybe he ought to wait an hour after dinner before he brings out dessert. Let everyone digest their dinner first. I guess that's just too logical.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Grandma D said:

Someone wrote a comment about Asher being in charge of Hannah and he let it go through so he could answer that Asher wants to do it!

When is he going to get it through his thick, pompous, head that Asher is a MINOR??!  Sure, he can help out, but the majority of the child care is on him, the parent!!! The adult parent! From Solly down those kids need to have you do things for them. Having Alexis tell them when to do things is not enough for the little ones. You need to help them get ready for bed or to eat their dinner, make sure they have coats and shoes on,  supervise while they wash their faces and hands and brush their teeth. etc. And NO gumballs as incentive to get ready for bed! Sugar at bedtime?? 

It's not like he doesn't have the money to get a nanny or mother's helper in there for even four hours a day. We get that 9 children are a lot to navigate alone but you have to be practical. If you can't do it alone then you have to accept some kind of outside help.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

And someone else on the live said that Tom doesn't care about personal hygiene After he talked about the coronavirus and he seemed offended by that as in the background all his kids ate Doritos and left the table without washing their hands. You know there are sticky Doritos germs all over the house. He is clueless. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

I didn't watch the whole thing so I never saw that part. This is why you don't let a 16 year old boy care for a toddler.  Boys will be rough and goof off a lot. They are treating her more like a doll than a human. He must have edited out stuff becasue the video was down for a while.  

And yet Sophia didn't clear her tray, it was still on the table, and she got a brownie. Why does he even have the desserts out before everyone is done anyway? Maybe he ought to wait an hour after dinner before he brings out dessert. Let everyone digest their dinner first. I guess that's just too logical.

They should not even have dessert.  They have enough candy in that house to supply the entire state of Wyoming for Easter and Halloween.    The kids crave sugar and salt because that’s all they’ve ever had from the time they could walk.   That is the same garbage Tom desires as well, so nothing will ever change.  Tom is an idiot, both of them were/are unfit parents.   

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic