IGNORED

Mills Family 5: YouTube Really Is Optional

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Oh, and he posted a 20 minute live this morning. He was on his way to a job and got another flat tire. I only watched the first five minutes so far. He’s got the cockiest attitude since talking with another “girl” that I just can’t stomach watching his videos. He has that stupid grin/smirk on his face constantly now. (My grandpa used to call it a “shit eating grin”.) 

Want to encourage folks to start flagging videos where Mr Mensa is driving & paying more attn to the phone than the road. It is dangerous activity. Sorta shocked YouTube hasn’t put the kibosh on it yet since YouTube could be the subject of litigation if someone is killed because one of it’s platform creators was too busy filming to drive safely.

• Upvote 3

Tom did a livestream last night, Magic Monday at home. About 10 minutes in I was furious, Tom Mills is the worst father of all time. Sophia was crying and whining, Solomon was yelling at her to stop crying and Tom just kept saying don't cry baby girl.  Asher had Hannah, of course somewhere off camera. When he put her at the table she was crying and whining. She looked overtired to me but what was really telling was that she was crying for Asher. When Tom said come sit with Daddy she said No. She continued to cry for her father  Asher. Then they continued to play that stupid Magic game. Only Tom and Thomas looked to be enjoying the game. The other kids looked so bored. At one point Tom got up to put Hannah to bed, he was back quickly and Hannah was yet again left alone to cry. I couldn't watch any more after that. Tom Mills you suck, how about loving and comforting those little girls? They are feral and I feel for them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

I went to bed late night around ten thirty and they were live playing Magic!! The little kids were exhausted and whiny. Poor Hannah was done. And if you looked all the oldest playing were on an electronic device monitoring the you tube people who obviously are more important to Tom than his own family. Poor Eden didn't have one but sat there so patiently. Don't they have any routine? That's two times in less than a week Tom has videoed him playing games for hours while Asher plays dad and man of the house. Then he complains he has no time for important things. He's not presenting a healthy family healing from a major loss so why does he continue?

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

I finally watched the short live from yesterday morning when he was driving to a job. He had to bring up not having enough money again. (So that people would donate more again I’m sure). Someone asked what he thought of the corona virus and Rachel butted in and said they weren’t talking about that because Tom didn’t like to talk about that. (In a previous live he said he thought the corona virus was being made too big of a deal and it wasn’t any worse than the flu (he basically thinks it’s made up/hyped up to cause panic). 

Will try to watch the magic Monday live but After hearing the other posters thoughts on it, I’m not sure I can watch it. It breaks my heart for those kids. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

Do you think that when the camera is off that Tom has that soft sweet tone of voice with the children? When he doesn't show any patience or interest in the small ones. For some reason, Hannah finds comfort, trust and protection in her brother/father's arms, and she looks like she doesn't trust Tom that much, she looks afraid of him and never established that connection baby/father with him.. 

Maybe it's just me and my wild imagination,  but usually my sensitivity isn't very far from the truth...

My father was never too close to me, he wouldn't participate in my life conquests etc., even living in the same house, he would just work and provide poorly (slightly like Tom, lol). Now that I'm living abroad  I still feel estranged and weird when talking with him. So, I can see the signs of when there is not a trust and a connection like it should be in a healthy relationship. 

4 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

I finally watched the short live from yesterday morning when he was driving to a job. He had to bring up not having enough money again. (So that people would donate more again I’m sure). Someone asked what he thought of the corona virus and Rachel butted in and said they weren’t talking about that because Tom didn’t like to talk about that. (In a previous live he said he thought the corona virus was being made too big of a deal and it wasn’t any worse than the flu (he basically thinks it’s made up/hyped up to cause panic).

I also had the same thought,  he wanted people to donate 100 dollars more for another tire, that by "miracle" got flat... isn't that in a good propitious moment. So he was whining for more cash, shame on him... and then he criticises Solomon for doing the same when buying junk and candy... by the way buying candy like that every week, the cavities are going to succeed and multiply... omg, poor kids!!!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I really doubt you are "tom's girl", but your post history shows you being slightly defensive when it comes to Tom, so that is probably why people suspect you are a Tom fan. 

What are your thoughts on Tom and Andrea? 

Reviewing my post history...I see where I discussed the 1st wife who was said to have cheated on Tom, used drugs, and spread lies. Of course, that story was told by Andrea, who had not yet met Tom when all that happened. She was told by Tom and his family. However, Mileena, now grown, also tells similiar stories of her birth mother's drug and drink usage and abusive behaviour towards her over the years, as she was allowed to have contact with her birth mother. I see I concluded my remarks with *who knows*. How that could be seen as supportive of Tom is hard for me to fathom. Simply, I know some of what went on...but certainly not much/enough.

Awhile back, I became interested in families with large numbers of kids. None of the families were perfect. All were flawed. I don't remember how I found Andrea's channel. But I watched for a long time. I didn't really pay much attention to Tom. I thought Andrea's homeschooling was appallingly poor. I also didn't like that she allowed her kids to become *picky* eaters to the extreme. But then, she admitted that she and Tom were picky eaters themselves. How can one help the kids try new foods when they didn't set the example for them? - No doctors, no dentists, NOT GOOD.

What I do recall re: Tom from before she died - I hated the way Andrea gave in to him when she was right, and knew she was right, but nevertheless let him be *right*. This was noticeable to me during the live dinners. His huge ego was very obvious...and frankly, it was uncomfortable seeing how he acted toward her.

Tom now - He liked his life before Andrea died. Everything changed and he doesn't like it! He wants his old life back or some similar version. Everyone and everything else is way down his list.

What I'd like to know? What did Papa Gary actually do? And how did Andrea reconcile what he did?
Why was her brother imprisoned until recently?
Has Judah started getting his teeth filled? Or is that at a stand still?
Anyone know? Enquireing minds, ya know ...

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

On this last live, that I'm watching (but zapping also, that 1 hour and a also fgs!!!) At 1:18 Hannah is still crying and you can see Thomas making a sign for Tom to go and check. He got it and said "I'm done so go ahead and ahhh, ahhh!"

Judas says that he is bored, I would also be bored in that situation...

Hannah keeps crying,  Tom goes and picks her up. I think that she was calling for Asher while Tom was carrying her, she wanted her father/brother. Tom gave her a bottle.  I wonder if she had lunch, a healthy snack and dinner... because babies cannot sleep if they're hungry.

Tom eating candy... eat all the world's candy Tom, you need that sugar to get more fat belly... ( sorry, but people addicted to sugar gives me the creeps)...

The kids kept asking about germes and hand sanitizer.  Tom didn't want to answer why we cannot ever kill all the germes and mentioned super-germes, lol. Maybe it reminds him the question about the corona virus, and he thinks that is tricky question, ahahah...

Anyway, something is happening because they were talking about using it, who is sick there?

Tom is rocking Hannah in his arms, omg I'm I'm chocked!!! He's doing one thing right!!!

Edited by Tekas_76
  • Upvote 4

I'm wondering if Hannah is dealing with teeth coming in and that is why she is fussing? The way she was crying in the last video seemed like maybe she didn't feel well.  I've seen baby teeth eruption charts online and they all say that teeth can come in all the way to 30ish months. She did seem to calm down when she was given a bottle so maybe the cold felt good on her gums?  I guess we can all speculate but that's why he needs the guidance of a pediatrician. Tom has no clue and Asher is too young to know the kinds of things to look out for in babies.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Finally watched the magic Monday live. Eden had her pinky finger in a splint-Tom said she sprained her finger. Andrea had a splint that was used on another kid so he used it for Eden. (Obviously didn’t go to dr about it )

Hannah and Sophia were crying at the beginning of the video. 

Judah looked over it tonight. 

Tom whispered something to Solly -maybe to quiet down because he was quiet after that. 

Tom said he used the crock pot in response to someone on chat.  No live chat showed up so I couldn’t see what others commented.

Sophia kept irritating Hannah and Hannah kept asking for attention from Asher.

The little kids were playing a different version of magic and kept hollering at each other. 

Asher made Hannah a bottle and she wouldn’t take it.

Tom was more interested in playing the game than paying attention to his kids. 

Because Hannah kept crying tom put her to bed. She was screeching. Poor baby. He must have just plopped her in bed Because he came right back out and She was still crying. 

Thomas,Judah and Justus were on their phones the whole time.

Asher is looking so skeletal these days-even more so than usual I thought. 

None of he older kids looked happy that Tom was streaming. 

Tom made his friend chad a mod. That must have made Rachel mad. He said Thomas was still the main mod. I wish live chat was up so I could see what the responses were to his making Chad a mod instead of Rachel. 

They really didn’t interact with the viewers much tonight. Was a pretty boring live actually. Lots of crying and complaining and that was about it. 

Someone must have asked about Asher because Tom said he was ok, he was watching the little kids play. 

Solly won the little kids game. He chose a bag of candy and then Tom Sent them to bed. 

Someone commented they saw Claudia walk by the camera( I’m Assuming by the way they responded that she might not have been dressed appropriately) because Tom wigged out about it. And everyone in chat must have kept talking about it because Tom Asked them to drop it. He said there was nothing he could do about it right then and he would take care of it later. 

Someone asked how grandma fern was and Tom said he didn’t know as he hadn’t been to see her lately. 

At 48.34 minutes in, Tom picked up his phone and there was a photo of someone as his background-couldn’t tell who it was but it definitely wasn’t Hannah( she was the screensaver on his phone while he was live on bible study). 

He kept hollering to Claudia to get in bed. 

Justus was being silly. He went and got the Bob Ross wig from toms halloween costume and drew on a unibrow and put a fake beard on. He was pretending to be an old man. 

There was a big crash in the other room from where Tom was. He went to check on it but didn’t say what it was. 

Eden quit the game before it was over because she was tired and wanted to go to bed. 

Justus asked if Bob Ross was a president. (Good homeschooling right there). 

Eden said Solomon was in the girls Room instead of his room. Justus said he was reading books to the little girls. Tom Said he thought Solomon was in bed. 

An hour and 13 minutes in Hannah started Crying again. Tom Asked who woke her up. He went in and checked on her but was only In there for like literally a minute. When he came back out she was still Crying and screaming. Poor thing just needed some cuddles, but toms game was more Important.  As usual. 

Justus asked why hand sanitizer says it only

Kills a certain percent of germs and not all of them. Thomas said they have to put that on the label so they don’t get sued by people and they can say it didn’t say it would work 100 Percent. (Thomas is so cynical about things-just like his parents. I have noticed he is quick to judge or say things that sound like he is being mean spirited -guess his parents taught him well). 

Tom and Justus lost so it was just Judah and Thomas Playing magic. 

Tom disappeared so I’m Assuming he went in girls room as Hannah quit crying. Tom said to the chat that babies cry and Hannah would be ok. She was just tired and someone had woken her up. As soon as Tom Came back out Hannah was crying/screeching again. 

Hearing that baby cry and scream over and over and over, Tom Deserved a smack upside the head. Forget some Stupid game and go tend  to your Daughter. It got really bad just at the end of the video. And Tom is like, “Hannah baby girl, it’s ok”. What a major dick! Pick her up Tom and give her some love. Gah-this poor excuse for a man makes Me want to puke. He finally Picked Hannah up and brought her to the table. She was asking for Asher and Tom Said not now. Tom Finally gave her a bottle. 

They must have had a troll because Tom Said Chad was failing him. 

Eden came out and said Claudia got hand sanitizer in her eyes. Tom just shook his head and said oh man. Didn’t go check on her. 

He finally laid Hannah down and rocked her. I don’t know how that poor baby sleeps in all that chaos. After a few minutes of rocking Hannah he told her it was time to go back to bed and he ended the video. Thomas Won the game. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Forgot a word.
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 7

2 hours ago, Amy Jamie said:

Reviewing my post history...I see where I discussed the 1st wife who was said to have cheated on Tom, used drugs, and spread lies. Of course, that story was told by Andrea, who had not yet met Tom when all that happened. She was told by Tom and his family. However, Mileena, now grown, also tells similiar stories of her birth mother's drug and drink usage and abusive behaviour towards her over the years, as she was allowed to have contact with her birth mother. I see I concluded my remarks with *who knows*. How that could be seen as supportive of Tom is hard for me to fathom. Simply, I know some of what went on...but certainly not much/enough.

Awhile back, I became interested in families with large numbers of kids. None of the families were perfect. All were flawed. I don't remember how I found Andrea's channel. But I watched for a long time. I didn't really pay much attention to Tom. I thought Andrea's homeschooling was appallingly poor. I also didn't like that she allowed her kids to become *picky* eaters to the extreme. But then, she admitted that she and Tom were picky eaters themselves. How can one help the kids try new foods when they didn't set the example for them? - No doctors, no dentists, NOT GOOD.

What I do recall re: Tom from before she died - I hated the way Andrea gave in to him when she was right, and knew she was right, but nevertheless let him be *right*. This was noticeable to me during the live dinners. His huge ego was very obvious...and frankly, it was uncomfortable seeing how he acted toward her.

Tom now - He liked his life before Andrea died. Everything changed and he doesn't like it! He wants his old life back or some similar version. Everyone and everything else is way down his list.

What I'd like to know? What did Papa Gary actually do? And how did Andrea reconcile what he did?
Why was her brother imprisoned until recently?
Has Judah started getting his teeth filled? Or is that at a stand still?
Anyone know? Enquireing minds, ya know ...

papa Gary was arrested in 1998 for indecent or immoral acts. Sex offender registry doesn’t say anything other than that. 
Andreas brother Ryan’s arrest record says: Ryan Schelling, NCSO, hold for WSP, hold for district court. This was in 2017. I don’t know what that means. I found more: Ryan Schelling, 3rd degree sex assault, domestic battery.
Last time Tom mentioned Judah’s teeth he said they were working on getting his cavities filled before they could do braces. Tom said judah had a lot of cavities but it was genetic and not because of what they eat or not taking care of them. He said he had great teeth and the kids got Andreas bad teeth. smh 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Added info
  • Upvote 4
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

41 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

papa Gary was arrested in 1998 for indecent or immoral acts. Sex offender registry doesn’t say anything other than that. 
Andreas brother Ryan’s arrest record says: Ryan Schelling, NCSO, hold for WSP, hold for district court. This was in 2017. I don’t know what that means. I found more: Ryan Schelling, 3rd degree sex assault, domestic battery.
Last time Tom mentioned Judah’s teeth he said they were working on getting his cavities filled before they could do braces. Tom said judah had a lot of cavities but it was genetic and not because of what they eat or not taking care of them. He said he had great teeth and the kids got Andreas bad teeth. smh 

NCSO - Niobrara County Sheriffs Office (county Moorcroft is in)

Hold for Wyoming State Police

• Thank You 5

Papa Gary  was arrested in 1998 for indecent or immoral acts.  With a minor under the age of 17.  He was 39 at the time.

14-3-105(A) - IMMORAL AND INDECENT ACTS WITH A MINOR  

• State Equivalent:6-2-316(a)(iv) - Sexual Abuse of a Minor in the 3rd Degree-actor >= 17 / victim < 17 & 4 yrs. younger / immodest, immoral or indecent

Edited by Palimpsest
Quoted wrong person
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Finally watched the magic Monday live. Eden had her pinky finger in a splint-Tom said she sprained her finger. Andrea had a splint that was used on another kid so he used it for Eden. (Obviously didn’t go to dr about it )

Tom whispered something to Solly -maybe to quiet down because he was quiet after that. 

Tom said he used the crock pot in response to someone on chat.  No live chat showed up so I couldn’t see what others commented.

The little kids were playing a different version of magic and kept hollering at each other. 

Because Hannah kept crying tom put her to bed. She was screeching. Poor baby. He must have just plopped her in bed Because he came right back out and She was still crying. 

Tom made his friend chad a mod. That must have made Rachel mad. He said Thomas was still the main mod. I wish live chat was up so I could see what the responses were to his making Chad a mod instead of Rachel. 

They really didn’t interact with the viewers much tonight. Was a pretty boring live actually. Lots of crying and complaining and that was about it. 

Someone must have asked about Asher because Tom said he was ok, he was watching the little kids play. 

Solly won the little kids game. He chose a bag of candy and then Tom Sent them to bed. 

Someone commented they saw Claudia walk by the camera( I’m Assuming by the way they responded that she might not have been dressed appropriately) because Tom wigged out about it. And everyone in chat must have kept talking about it because Tom Asked them to drop it. He said there was nothing he could do about it right then and he would take care of it later. 

Someone asked how grandma fern was and Tom said he didn’t know as he hadn’t been to see her lately. 

At 48.34 minutes in, Tom picked up his phone and there was a photo of someone as his background-couldn’t tell who it was but it definitely wasn’t Hannah( she was the screensaver on his phone while he was live on bible study). 

Justus was being silly. He went and got the Bob Ross wig from toms halloween costume and drew on a unibrow and put a fake beard on. He was pretending to be an old man. 

There was a big crash in the other room from where Tom was. He went to check on it but didn’t say what it was. 

Eden quit the game before it was over because she was tired and wanted to go to bed. 

Eden said Solomon was in the girls Room instead of his room. Justus said he was reading books to the little girls. Tom Said he thought Solomon was in bed. 

An hour and 13 minutes in Hannah started Crying again. Tom Asked who woke her up. He went in and checked on her but was only In there for like literally a minute. When he came back out she was still Crying and screaming. Poor thing just needed some cuddles, but toms game was more Important.  As usual. 

Kills a certain percent of germs and not all of them. Thomas said they have to put that on the label so they don’t get sued by people and they can say it didn’t say it would work 100 Percent. (Thomas is so cynical about things-just like his parents. I have noticed he is quick to judge or say things that sound like he is being mean spirited -guess his parents taught him well). 

Tom disappeared so I’m Assuming he went in girls room as Hannah quit crying. Tom said to the chat that babies cry and Hannah would be ok. She was just tired and someone had woken her up. As soon as Tom Came back out Hannah was crying/screeching again. 

Hearing that baby cry and scream over and over and over, Tom Deserved a smack upside the head. Forget some Stupid game and go tend  to your Daughter. It got really bad just at the end of the video. And Tom is like, “Hannah baby girl, it’s ok”. What a major dick! Pick her up Tom and give her some love. Gah-this poor excuse for a man makes Me want to puke. He finally Picked Hannah up and brought her to the table. She was asking for Asher and Tom Said not now. Tom Finally gave her a bottle. 

Eden came out and said Claudia got hand sanitizer in her eyes. Tom just shook his head and said oh man. Didn’t go check on her. 

He finally laid Hannah down and rocked her. I don’t know how that poor baby sleeps in all that chaos. After a few minutes of rocking Hannah he told her it was time to go back to bed and he ended the video. Thomas Won the game. 

He is an unfit parent.   Even though he is physically present, he is an absent parent.    He does not meet any of their needs, in any way.   They are on their own.  He only cares about himself.   His life is YouTube.  He is an egotistical narcissist.   An attention whore.   He does not supply proper nutrition for the children.  They live in filth.   Their personal hygiene is less than desirable.   They do not receive medical or dental care.   He does not administer to their emotional needs.   The children are prisoners in that stale dark house.....living, school, church, lame games.     They do not receive proper education.   The center of their lives is sugar.   The list is endless.   He is incompetent

• Upvote 10
  • Love 7

I don't know how anyone got through that magic Monday live! The beginning was so chaotic it was scary, the kids sound so genuinely distressed. And the rest of it that I skipped through looked painfully boring. I don't know how those girls sleep all in that room together, feet away from the noisy kitchen.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

TW: link leads to descriptions of sexual assault (1st-3rd degree in Wyoming)

Spoiler

policy-crime-definitions-export.cfm?stat

Edited by Pleiades_06
Just figured out how to add hidden contents
  • Thank You 4

19 hours ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Right?!?!?!? Not only has that thing been allowed the children, but is given unsupervised access to them. The latter is public knowledge because it was published to YouTube, not long ago. Eden & Justus were sent “to go work on” a project with the child rapist. It’s some mffuggin nonsense, right there. That was from a video that was taken when Andrea was still alive so both excuses for parents were complicit. On the new year video, Gary the child rapist was filmed musing about going to “put a swimsuit on” a little toddler.as in what the actual fuck kinda drugs are these ppl on?!?

Is he actually a registered offender?  Aren't there some kind of restrictions on contact with potential victims?  It seems like there would be.

• Upvote 3

I just watched part of the live game night. Only 5 comments for over 3000 views. I’m guessing Tom is deleting negativity. 

Also: I have a high tolerance for chaos and disorder, but that was ridiculous. The sobbing children were enough for me to switch out. I can’t believe he films that and then expects viewers to shut up. 

And now a rant: as a high school teacher and mom to 2 kids (14 and 10), my heart breaks for those teens and preteens. I feel bad for all of them but when I see the older boys and Eden, I just can’t. There is nothing age appropriate about what they do. They take care of the house and the littles. They aren’t exploring the world either physically or intellectually. No sports, no music, no art, no community center or rec center, not even a church youth group. It’s so limiting. Andrea controlled them with her anxiety and now Tom’s controlling them with his inability to run the house alone. 
He seems like the type of person who should have had one or two, if that.

End of rant.

Edited by Pleiades_06
Felt like ranting
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, zeebaneighba said:

Is he actually a registered offender?  Aren't there some kind of restrictions on contact with potential victims?  It seems like there would be.

Yes.  Gary Schelling's still on the Wyoming sex offenders list.  That's how we can look him up. 

Restrictions: It depends on the jurisdiction, but the sex offenders list is simply information for the general public to protect themselves. 

That said, in a lot of jurisdictions the law is that if a sex offender convicted of a crime against a juvenile goes within so many yards of a school (or other place where children gather) this should be reported to the authorities.  Also, they can be released with specific restrictions placed on them, like never approaching within so many yards (or even miles) of their victim(s).

But the law doesn't say anything about idiotic family members allowing their sex offender relative into their home and permitting close contact with their minor children who are home schooled.  SMH.

So Andrea's brother was also arrested for 3rd degree sexual assault and domestic battery.  Lovely family (sarcasm).

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 1
  • Thank You 5

35 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes.  Gary Schelling's still on the Wyoming sex offenders list.  That's how we can look him up. 

Restrictions: It depends on the jurisdiction, but the sex offenders list is simply information for the general public to protect themselves. 

That said, in a lot of jurisdictions the law is that if a sex offender convicted of a crime against a juvenile goes within so many yards of a school (or other place where children gather) this should be reported to the authorities.  Also, they can be released with specific restrictions placed on them, like never approaching within so many yards (or even miles) of their victim(s).

But the law doesn't say anything about idiotic family members allowing their sex offender relative into their home and permitting close contact with their minor children who are home schooled.  SMH.

So Andrea's brother was also arrested for 3rd degree sexual assault and domestic battery.  Lovely family (sarcasm).

Allowing Gary or the Uncle to be around the children is completely unacceptable, shameful, it’s criminal.   It makes me furious.   I don’t know the statistics, but it’s usually innocent family members who are abused by those lowlife freaks of society because the children are so readily accessible.    I never liked Tom, or his enabler Andrea, but this is beyond comprehension.    The children are completely neglected in every way, and not even protected from the child predators in their family.   

Edited by Olivia Marie
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Olivia Marie said:

I never liked Tom, or his enabler Andrea, but this is beyond comprehension.

It is crazy that Andrea was obsessed with the "world" being dangerous, yet she took her children around people who were actually dangerous! It really is beyond comprehension that they would claim to want to protect their children yet both Tom and Andrea exposed them predators. 

These poor kids don't have any concept of normal family life. They have never experienced parents who actually cared about their well being and made them a priority. It reminds me of the Rodlings, except at least they get to travel and do stuff. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I just watched part of the live game night. Only 5 comments for over 3000 views. I’m guessing Tom is deleting negativity. 

Also: I have a high tolerance for chaos and disorder, but that was ridiculous. The sobbing children were enough for me to switch out. I can’t believe he films that and then expects viewers to shut up. 

And now a rant: as a high school teacher and mom to 2 kids (14 and 10), my heart breaks for those teens and preteens. I feel bad for all of them but when I see the older boys and Eden, I just can’t. There is nothing age appropriate about what they do. They take care of the house and the littles. They aren’t exploring the world either physically or intellectually. No sports, no music, no art, no community center or rec center, not even a church youth group. It’s so limiting. Andrea controlled them with her anxiety and now Tom’s controlling them with his inability to run the house alone. 
He seems like the type of person who should have had one or two, if that.

End of rant.

Completely agree.  I'm a high school teacher too and the mother of a young adult. I was just talking with our superintendent today (He has four kids) about how if you put in the work you get a great result usually (I know there are always exceptions).  A lot of the work involves encouraging outside activities and exposing them to other people who can help them learn and grow.  Tom would not agree, but homeschoolers like him are doing it wrong.  It's a crime to limit kids' chances of an adulthood that's different from your own just because you wouldn't choose it.   I've said this a million times, but wanted to rant along with you :)

Edited by Caroline
left out words because I was typing too fast
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

@Caroline, that reminds me of this church I was part of several years ago. They were obsessed with praying for everything to the exclusion of doing the actual work needed to get results - job hunting rather than just praying for a job. Praying for a new apartment but not going out and looking for one. It was insane! They would spend literally hours in prayer and then be confused why, even months later, they were still pleading for house/job/car/pregnancy, etc., and seeing no change!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Thank  you so much for the recap!!!!!!!  I watched the last 20 minutes or so - watching him play and be so happy into his game while the baby is screaming for Asher......Ugh....

• Upvote 3

On 3/3/2020 at 9:43 AM, Mom2Bubby said:

Thank you for the recap. Blown away at the caliber of neglect we continue to observe.

On 3/3/2020 at 7:12 AM, Mom2Bubby said:

Will try to watch the magic Monday live but After hearing the other posters thoughts on it, I’m not sure I can watch it. It breaks my heart for those kids. 

Yeah, I don’t think I can watch this one, either.

Anyone notice Amy Jamie’s post where the user is begged has fjers to not make a CPS call?

Also, Tom -while claiming to qualify for Mensa- has demonstrated functional illiteracy; evidenced by his misspelling of the words January & Monday.

Interestingly enough, our very own user Amy Jamie happened to misspell the word enquiring.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Thank you for the recap. Blown away at the caliber of neglect we continue to observe.

Yeah, I don’t think I can watch this one, either.

Anyone notice Amy Jamie’s post where the user is begged has fjers to not make a CPS call?

Also, Tom -while claiming to qualify for Mensa- has demonstrated functional illiteracy; evidenced by his misspelling of the words January & Monday.

Interestingly enough, our very own user Amy Jamie happened to misspell the word enquiring.

:deadhorse:    If you want it to boomerang on YOU, go ahead and mis-report what Tom said.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic