IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 3

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Thanks! I'm Canadian so that means we might have US/British/French pronunciation for any name and there's no way to know!

Eye-SIGH-uh is an interesting one!

In other news, I always assumed Elisha in the bible was like Alicia (ell-ISH-a) but apparently in American English it's Ell-EYE-sha, according to some random pastor on YouTube. He also says Elijah with the soft j (zh) of Asia, not the hard J like juggler that I've been using. I think my way sounds better!

To me, Alicia is pronounced Uh-lee-sha and Elijah is definitely pronounced with the zh to make it Uh-lye-zha! One of the many reasons I love FJ, all the different ways that seemingly common words are pronounced! I’m a huge word and name nerd, but I grew up in the South which is its whole own accent. I have heard Elijah with the hard j sound but I’ve definitely more commonly heard it with the zh sound. 

• Upvote 3

Jinger was really close to Grandma Mary, but Mary has already been used by the family. My bet is that they’ll use Grandma Mary’s middle name - Leona. Not sure on the middle though. My bet is something short like Ann (Jeremy’s grandmother’s name), Faith, Hope, etc. 

Final bets:

Leona Ann or Leona Hope 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

To me, Alicia is pronounced Uh-lee-sha and Elijah is definitely pronounced with the zh to make it Uh-lye-zha! One of the many reasons I love FJ, all the different ways that seemingly common words are pronounced! I’m a huge word and name nerd, but I grew up in the South which is its whole own accent. I have heard Elijah with the hard j sound but I’ve definitely more commonly heard it with the zh sound. 

I agree, so interesting! Now I'm second guessing how Alicia is commonly ptonounced in English Canada. (Maybe it does have the Lee in the middle?) Thr only Alicia I know uses the Spanish pronunciation and always has to correct people.

• Upvote 1

Joy and Austin: (born 21 August) 
Emery Joyce Forsyth 
Abigail Joyce Forsyth 
Adalyn Joyce Forsyth 

Jinger and Jeremy: (born 15 November) 
Arietta Constance Vuolo 
Beatrice Claire Vuolo 
Sophia Elizabeth Vuolo 

• Upvote 1

My original guess for Joy and Austin was Abigail Faith, but as I think about it, Abigail Faith Forsyth sounds kinda clunky so I'll update.

I'm still set on Abigail because it means "father's joy," is Biblical, and is a subtle callback to Annabell. Middle names...not Joy because that's repetitive. Wow, not a lot of names go with both Abigail and Forsyth.

Abigail Hannah Forsyth, all of my other predictions remaining the same

• Upvote 1

For me Abigail is too close to John David's Abbie. Of course, I think, Jana, Joy- Anna and Johanna are too close too.

• Upvote 2

My guess for the Forsyths - Sarah Joy or Sadie Joy - 8/14 - 9lb 10oz

Vuolos- Elena Marianne or Elizabeth Marianne - 11/14 - 8lb8oz

Nickname for Jingers baby - Laney or Betsy

• Upvote 2

So, anyone want to guess what Braggie Abbie will name her twin boys? She already has an Ezra, Simon, Theodore, Honor, and Shiloh for boys, and an Adelaide, Magnolia, and Evangeline for girls.

I'm going to guess Tobias and Judah. Trying for hipster biblical here.

• Upvote 1

For Braggie's twins I propose Isaac and Aaron, it's hard because she doesn't have an obvious naming pattern, I choose those names only because of Bible, and I liked they both have double A but are not too close to each other.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Simon, Theodore, 

Seriously?! Isn't this the name of a couple of the chipmunks? She really named her kids after the Chipmunks?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Seriously?! Isn't this the name of a couple of the chipmunks? She really named her kids after the Chipmunks?

Oh man, she could have called her three girls in a row Brittany, Jeannette, and Eleanor after the Chipettes. Baggie and I are about the same age and I loved them all as a kid.

• Haha 7

27 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Who is braggie abbie? 

Braggie is Abbie Halberstadt. Her and her husband Shaun live in a huge firetrap house they build themselves in Texas with their 8, soon to be 10 children. Her most notable characteristic is how open she is about not wanting children. For example her most recent pregnancy announcement was a long post about how upset she was that she was having twins again, especially so since they were boys.  

Gotta love that Christian martyrdom. 

Her threads start here

I'm going with Zeal and Zion. IRC she mentioned she liked Zion but Shaun vetoed it, but apparently he'd also vetoed Shiloh before. And Zeal she mentioned loving back when she was pregnant with Shiloh.

• Upvote 3

I forgot she had a Simon and a Theodore, she has to name one of the boy's Alvin. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I like Abbie's older kids' names (not a fan of Honor and Shiloh). I'm going with Gabriel and Micah.

For the Fosyths: Caroline Faith

For the Vuolos: Charis Phoebe

• Upvote 3

I think Joy’s baby will be named Hope Anna and Jinger’s either Faith Michelle/Diana, Verity Michelle/Diana or Charity Michelle/Diana.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, TuringMachine said:

Braggie is Abbie Halberstadt. Her and her husband Shaun live in a huge firetrap house they build themselves in Texas with their 8, soon to be 10 children. Her most notable characteristic is how open she is about not wanting children. For example her most recent pregnancy announcement was a long post about how upset she was that she was having twins again, especially so since they were boys.  

Gotta love that Christian martyrdom. 

Her threads start here

I'm going with Zeal and Zion. IRC she mentioned she liked Zion but Shaun vetoed it, but apparently he'd also vetoed Shiloh before. And Zeal she mentioned loving back when she was pregnant with Shiloh.

I don’t think she’ll do the double Z. Too matcha for cutting edge Abbie.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think she’ll do the double Z. Too matcha for cutting edge Abbie.

hmm good point. Ok so I remember she an IG post asking for name suggestions and in the comments she mentioned she  like Zeal. She also mentioned she liked Zion but Shaun vetoed it, Jude but one of the older boys has the Judah as a middle name and the kids thought it would be too similar, and Darcy but that might have been a joke. 

I still think Zion is likely if for no other reason than Shaun trying to placate an Abbie who's irritated at having 2 more boys.  Maybe Zion and Jude cause it would be like her to ignore her kids. Or Zion and Levi if she doesn't.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:16 PM, aprilx said:

Who is braggie abbie? 

Oh MY, a rabbit hole to be avoided at all costs! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Braggie might do a Z name for one, and I could see the other one being something like Toben/Tobin/Tobias. She did reuse S and E, but I really can’t see her giving the Twinbies the same first name initial.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:20 PM, TuringMachine said:

hmm good point. Ok so I remember she an IG post asking for name suggestions and in the comments she mentioned she  like Zeal. She also mentioned she liked Zion but Shaun vetoed it, Jude but one of the older boys has the Judah as a middle name and the kids thought it would be too similar, and Darcy but that might have been a joke. 

I still think Zion is likely if for no other reason than Shaun trying to placate an Abbie who's irritated at having 2 more boys.  Maybe Zion and Jude cause it would be like her to ignore her kids. Or Zion and Levi if she doesn't.

Aww, nuts, I didn't look at her kids' middle names. OK, I'll change my guess from Tobias and Judah to Tobias and Malachai. I'm not sure it's her style but I'm out of ideas!

Baby Forsyth:

Lydia Belle

Born: 8/19/20

10lbs 1oz

22 in

Baby Vuolo:

Cordelia Juliet

Born 11/21/20

8lbs 7oz

20.25 in

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic