8 hours ago, petrushka said:

FWIW:

Cecily Rose Vuolo

Savannah Rae Forsyth

Chelsy Maxwell is due in June and here are my guesses:

Aubrey Joanna Maxwell

Jansen Michael Maxwell

Is that a first name? 

It is one of the most common surnames here and it looks so weird as a first name.

So many great choices already picked!

Leah Joy for Joy 

Penelope Diana for Jinger

Jayden Marlin or Jasmyn Renee for Chelsy 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Is that a first name? 

It is one of the most common surnames here and it looks so weird as a first name.

I did an Internet search for unusual boy names and Jansen was one that caught my eye. It means " Jan's or John's son".  Actually, if they have more boys, I expect them to continue choosing atypical names for them.

Edited by petrushka
  • Upvote 1

I'm compiling lists right now for Chelsy/John Maxwell, Joy/Austin Forsyth, & Jinger/Jeremy Vuolo baby names and birthdates. Not sure right now if I'll add baby size to the list. I would appreciate it if everyone kept their name guesses to no more than 3. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, petrushka said:

I did an Internet search for unusual boy names and Jansen was one that caught my eye. It means " Jan's or John's son".  Actually, if they have more boys, I expect them to continue choosing atypical names for them.

I know it means Jans son, that’s why it’s a last name here ? 

But I guess you could use it as a first name as well. Especially if your kid will never go to the Netherlands anyway ?

• Upvote 2

Ok Chelsy and John Maxwell baby name guesses:

I'm going alphabetical (first child was Axton), so Braxton or Beatrix. Or Brexit and  Bexley. Or Bronx and Bijoux.

Basically I'm betting on there being a B and an X. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

My guesses for John and Chelsy:

Marley Lynn or

Lionel Elijah

Mostly because Lionel Maxwell sounds almost as awkward as Axton Maxwell!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Chelsy and John Maxwelll: Bronson Marlin or Kinsly Renee

Jinger and Babe Duggar The-Vuolos: Verity Michelle 

• Upvote 1

My guesses:

Chelsy and John-- Brinley Marlin, 6/16

Joy and Austin-- Paisley Grace, 8/17

Jinger and Jeremy-- Lucy Marie, 11/14

• Upvote 2

Moving my post from another thread over here:

idk if this is the right place to put this, but i've spent too much time thinking about it so here it goes: my baby name predictions for JinJer:

(Note: these are all predicated on the fact that I think they enjoy "virtue" names, but probably don't want to have an obvious name theme. Also, they are stuffy and obsessed with being "classy.")

1. Alatheia: from the Greek for "truth". Jeremy's obsession with the NT, and with seeming smart, make me think that he will want to pick something that he can say is "from the Greek." Plus, like Felicity, it is 4 syllables and relatively rare.

2. Charis: again, a Greek/Hebrew term that (per Wikipedia) "refers to good will, loving-kindness, favour, and in particular to God's merciful grace." Like Felicity, it has religious connotations, but they aren't as obvious as in some other perennial fundie picks. Jinger also loves to harp on the "God is kind" schtick, so it would tie in nicely with that. 

3. Victoria: a more obvious virtue name. It's a good match for Felicity, but much more common: I've noticed that the Duggars who have chosen rare names for their firsts (Jessa, Jill, Joy) have all gone for much more common names the second time around.

4. Isabella: a nod to Jeremy's iTaLiaN hEriTaGe (!). plus, it apparently means "pledged to God." 

5. Sophia: like Victoria and Isabella, it's more common. It also comes from the Greek for "wisdom" which I think Jeremy would love. I'll admit that I was sure that Felicity was going to be a Sophia or an Isabella though, so I will probably be wrong again.

Middle name: Diane or Diana, in honor of his mom. I don't think double -a names flow well, so for the names I picked that end in -a, I'll guess Diane. Okay, I'm embarrassed that I've spent this much time writing this up lol hope someone finds it entertaining!”

after reading through other guesses I think most of us are on similar pages haha. I hadn’t thought of Evangeline but that is also a strong contender imo

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Joy & Austin:

Talitha Hope or Keziah Hope

Jinger and Jeremy:

I think they'll go with another longer and more formal name that has some cute nickname potential like Felicity "Lissy"

Penelope Diana (nicknamed Penny or Nella) or Amelia Diana (nicknamed Millie or Mia)

• Upvote 3

Jinger and Jeremy:

Seraphina (Serafina) Hope “Fifi”

Allegra Hope “Allie”

Theodora Hope “Thea”

Agreeing with other posters about pretentious first name that has a cute nickname. All of the names have enough “meaning” for them too. Hope based on their podcast.

• Upvote 7

On 6/19/2020 at 5:22 PM, Beyganengvall said:

4. Isabella: a nod to Jeremy's iTaLiaN hEriTaGe (!). plus, it apparently means "pledged to God." 

I would definitely agree with Isabella except for the fact that there have been a Annabelle and Bella last year.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I would definitely agree with Isabella except for the fact that there have been a Annabelle and Bella last year.

Eh, this is the family with a Jana, Johanna and Joy-Anna. They won't bat an eye! I personally think JinJer will think Isabella is too common though.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Eh, this is the family with a Jana, Johanna and Joy-Anna. They won't bat an eye! I personally think JinJer will think Isabella is too common though.

It is not JB and Michelle giving the name though, Jeremy would never want something that is not super special.

• Upvote 4

On 6/19/2020 at 2:02 PM, Aine said:

Keziah Hope

I've never heard Keziah pronounced. Kez-EYE-a? kez-EE-a?

While we're here, how about Michal, Michael Bates' original name? Exactly like Michael? MEE-kal? Mi-KALL?

3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

While we're here, how about Michal, Michael Bates' original name? Exactly like Michael? MEE-kal? Mi-KALL?

Kez-EYE-ah

Michal is a Hebrew name pronounced Mee-khahl (like a k sound but more guttural). But I’m pretty sure gil and kelly didn’t know that and instead pronounced it my-kal (like the name Michael), which is why they thought adding an a would maintain the pronunciation. I think they assumed Michal was just the female spelling of the name Michael?

• Upvote 1

No one guessed the correct name or birth date for John and Chelsy Maxwell's baby, Elliot Rex Maxwell born 6/19/20.

Better luck with the next one, which should be Joy and Austin's baby.

• Upvote 4

My guess for Joy and Austin is Evangeline Hope/Joy - "Evie". They seem to like longer girly names that start with vowels.

For Jeremy and Jinger my pick is Charlotte (for his Dad?). I think Charlotte Michelle. (Jinger seems very close to Michelle). Lissy and Lottie.

My secret hope is Jeremy and Jinger go with an alliterative name like his sister ; I am very disappointed when I think how unlikely it is they will match Felicity with a sister Verity Vuolo. I also liked the suggestion above of Victoria, which seems more likely than Verity with it's identical ending. I think the only problem is the obvious nicknames for Victoria (Vicky, Tory) seem dated - maybe a Victoria Vuolo could go by Vivi? Or I'd love them to name her Virginia Vuolo (after Jinger!) Lissy and Ginny. Or should it be.... Jinny.

On 6/23/2020 at 12:34 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I've only ever heard it pronounced kez-EE-a, and I did have a girl I went to school with a long time ago with that name. I am not in the US though (NZ, just waiting for Geoff Botkin to take over), so that may make a difference, some names and especially the vowels in names can be pronounced quite differently - eg I've only heard Isaiah pronounced eye-Sigh-ah here vs eye-Say-ah, and Aaron and Erin are pronounced as very different names which they don't seem to be in the US.

• Upvote 1

Joy and Austin:  Rosalie Joy

JinJer: Celeste Diana / Valentina "Tina" Diana / Aurelia Diana

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, wendy-sparkles said:

My guess for Joy and Austin is Evangeline Hope/Joy - "Evie". They seem to like longer girly names that start with vowels.

For Jeremy and Jinger my pick is Charlotte (for his Dad?). I think Charlotte Michelle. (Jinger seems very close to Michelle). Lissy and Lottie.

My secret hope is Jeremy and Jinger go with an alliterative name like his sister ; I am very disappointed when I think how unlikely it is they will match Felicity with a sister Verity Vuolo. I also liked the suggestion above of Victoria, which seems more likely than Verity with it's identical ending. I think the only problem is the obvious nicknames for Victoria (Vicky, Tory) seem dated - maybe a Victoria Vuolo could go by Vivi? Or I'd love them to name her Virginia Vuolo (after Jinger!) Lissy and Ginny. Or should it be.... Jinny.

I've only ever heard it pronounced kez-EE-a, and I did have a girl I went to school with a long time ago with that name. I am not in the US though (NZ, just waiting for Geoff Botkin to take over), so that may make a difference, some names and especially the vowels in names can be pronounced quite differently - eg I've only heard Isaiah pronounced eye-Sigh-ah here vs eye-Say-ah, and Aaron and Erin are pronounced as very different names which they don't seem to be in the US.

Thanks! I'm Canadian so that means we might have US/British/French pronunciation for any name and there's no way to know!

Eye-SIGH-uh is an interesting one!

In other news, I always assumed Elisha in the bible was like Alicia (ell-ISH-a) but apparently in American English it's Ell-EYE-sha, according to some random pastor on YouTube. He also says Elijah with the soft j (zh) of Asia, not the hard J like juggler that I've been using. I think my way sounds better!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic