IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 3

HerNameIsBuffy

Joy and Austin guess

First name guesses: Olivia, Cheyenne, Clarabel (just googling names with belle in them popped that one up lol)

Middle name: Faith, Hope, Joy

Born: August 20

Jinger and Jeremy guess

I think they'll go with another virtue name. 
First name guesses: Haven, Trinity, Verity
Middle name: Josephine, Lauren, Michelle

Born: Nov. 17

• Upvote 2

For Joy I'm going with either:

Siloh or Liliana with middle name of Hope or Joy

Born via another c section on 18/8/2020

9lb 6oz

For Jinger I'm going for either:

Charlotte/Ophelia/Clara/Eloise or Penelope with middle names of either Hope/ Joy or Diana  

Born 23/11/2020 

7lb 15oz

• Upvote 3

FYI - Felicity is named after a martyred slave. Not necessarily after the virtue. I know this because I used to listen to the podcast "Five Minutes in Church History" because I love learning about all types of history. Then the podcaster went to some conference and interviewed Jeremy Vuolo! (You can check it out here.) Needless to say, I don't listen to that podcast anymore. I'm not saying that their next baby will be named Perpetua, but I think they will choose another name from church history that will also go with their all-things-klassical aesthetic. 

I think baby Vuolo will be named Josephina (after Jeremy's middle name, since Felicity's middle name is Nicole after Jinger's)

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
added baby name guess
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

FYI - Felicity is named after a martyred slave. Not necessarily after the virtue. I know this because I used to listen to the podcast "Five Minutes in Church History" because I love learning about all types of history.

Wow! I didn’t think they would do that, especially since Protestants/fundies don’t really venerate saints. If Bow 2.0 is born in early November I can see them going the Mary/Marie/Maria route for All Saint’s/All Soul’s Day (with added bonus points for a name honoring Grandma Mary!) They could also do Sophia, Katherine, and Helen. Middle names are Mary (if they don’t give her that as a first name), Michelle, or Diana.

As for Joy and Austin, I’m leaning towards Lorelei, Abigail, Eliza, or Maeve. Middle name Anna.

• Upvote 2

What is Jeremy's grandmother's name?  I can see them using it or some variation of it. 

• Upvote 2

Predictions...

Joy and Austin: Abigail Faith, August 21st, 9lb 12 oz. Will attempt a VBAC.

Jinger and Jeremy: Phoebe Rose, November 17th, 8 lbs 6 oz. Uncomplicated hospital birth. I agree with @Perrierwithlemon on the church history naming.

• Upvote 2

Joy and Austin- August 15th      Caroline Rose

Jinger and Jeremy November 7th   Vivian Michelle 

*Adding John and Chelsea Maxwell, because they went crazy with their first and picked Axton, which no one saw coming:  Ryder this time. 

Edited by Babysitter
adding Maxwell family

Jinger born on Jessa's Birthday (I can't remember when it is but its early Nov isn't it?) or I'm hedging my bets here, because I like the date 11/11 as general good ju ju date and it is Remembrance Day. weight 7 pounds 11, Naomi Josephine/Diana

Joy born 8/8 hedging bets here Alba or Dawn middle name Joy 8 pounds 8

• Upvote 1

Guess for Joy and Austin: Lucy Irene

Guess for JinJer: Iris Michelle

• Upvote 1

Joy and Austin: Hope Michelle 

Jinger and Jeremy: Sophia Rose 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic

I think Jinger and Jeremy will make sure there’s some sort of connection to a great Christian in history when it comes to their next daughter. Maybe Ruby Florence. After Florence Nightingale and the proverbs 31 verse about Rubies. 

Joy will probably pick a more mainstream type of name for the first name and Joy for the middle name. So maybe something like Clara Joy. Since Clara means bright and they likely feel she’s a bright joy after their loss of Annabell.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Joy and Austin:

Gwendolyn Joy, August 16, 8 lbs 10 oz

Jinger and Jeremy:

Evangeline Iris, November 15, 7 lbs 7 oz

John and Chelsy:

Bethany Renee, June 10, 8 lbs 0 oz

• Upvote 2

So my guess for Joy and Austin is in the vintage but kinda trendy : Phoebe Mabel born August 14th

And for Jinger and Jeremy: at first I thought about virtue names but @Perrierwithlemon explained why they choose Felicity I looked through a list of martyrs and while there is some wild names (Austreberthe, Waldeltrude…), some variation of Mary/Marie I picked Constance, Honorina or Angela for first name. For the middle name I don't think they would use some feminine form of Joseph if they think of having at least a boy. To me it could be: Constance Diana born November 14th

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jatalie1996 said:

Evangeline Iris, November 15, 7 lbs 7 oz

I hope they do this and she ends up going by Spike.

(Spike Mendelsohn's given name is Evangelos...so it's forever the proper nickname for me.  Name the little Duggar after a guy on Top Chef!)

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joy will probably pick a more mainstream type of name for the first name and Joy for the middle name. So maybe something like Clara Joy. Since Clara means bright and they likely feel she’s a bright joy after their loss of Annabell.

I see your logic here and it makes sense. 

That being said, if I had two daughters I was going to name them Felicity Matthew and Clara Joy. So i'm going to think that Jinger and I like similar first names, and I'm going to say Clara Josephine for Jinger, born on November 8th.

For Joy I think Rachel (beloved second daughter from the bible) Joy, born on August 3rd. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, KeepingChrysanthemum said:

I see your logic here and it makes sense. 

That being said, if I had two daughters I was going to name them Felicity Matthew and Clara Joy. So i'm going to think that Jinger and I like similar first names, and I'm going to say Clara Josephine for Jinger, born on November 8th.

For Joy I think Rachel (beloved second daughter from the bible) Joy, born on August 3rd. 

I think some fundies are probably tired of knowing 12 Johns, 18 Annas, and 10 Josiahs. Just going by Joy’s choices of Gideon and Annabell, she’s one of those fundies. I would be very surprised if Joy chose a common biblical name that comes up often in their fundie circles. I think Kendra is like this too. Addison might be a common mainstream name, but it’s not that common amongst fundies. I assume Joy won’t choose a popular biblical name. Although I could definitely see her using a less common biblical name.

• Upvote 4

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 10:47 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

What is Jeremy's grandmother's name?  I can see them using it or some variation of it. 

Paternal Grandma is Ann. Maternal Grandma is Mary Elizabeth.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Thanks. I guess maybe those names won't make the cut, will they? I was hoping for something a bit more interestimg.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Thanks. I guess maybe those names won't make the cut, will they? I was hoping for something a bit more interestimg.

Maybe Maryann as a middle name? It depends on how sensitive Jinjer would be to having similar names as any of the cousins/aunties. Some of them obviously don’t care about similar names, but some will.

I like Mary Elizabeth, but that reads super Catholic to me.  Which is probably just my upbringing but given how anti-Catholic they are I'd doubt it would make the cut.  

Maybe they'll name her after another former Catholic, Madonna Ciccone.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Since JinJer have a Felicity, this one will obviously be Cecily. #avonlea4lyf

I don't think JJ will choose a name related to Mary. My basis for this theory is that Josh and Anna have Maryella.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic