IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 3

HerNameIsBuffy

Oh yeah especially if you consider that just right now you could have put the photographer in touch with Jinger and Kendra who are pregnant right now, we have a courtship to be revealed in a couple of weeks and then another rush of babies...plus the wedding photos. I guess next time she will be much more careful not to slips anything 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

The photographer also posted the pictures before Joy and Austin did so I don't think she they will be used again by the Duggar family, for a photographer losing business from a family that has a lot of weddings and babies could be costly. 

Fair call. But you think Austin and joy would have communicated better. Btw we are d list celebrities we are keeping the name secret. Please don’t post ANY pics. My niece got married. Doesn’t do social media. Asked the photographer to not post pics. Photographer didn’t. So either Joy and Austin did it tell her or she/he did it on purpose. Edit to add if you have a photographer who won’t do that. You find a new photographer. In my neck of the woods. They are a dime a dozen anyway. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2

Apparently, the full name is Evelyn Mae (per Joy's Instagram), calling her Evy Mae. 

Sounds very close to Ivy. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, tdscm said:

I don’t know why nobody pegged Evelyn. It fits all the Joy criteria. I’m annoyed with myself!

I said Eleanor Grace...I'm giving myself partial credit in the face of Evelyn Mae.

• Confused 1

I guessed Evie! But I thought it would be Evangeline not Evelyn. Evelyn is the name of one of Michelle's sisters iirc, I think possibly the gay one? very very interesting.

• Love 3

Darn it. My first original thought and guess was Evelyn. I even have it written down in documents on my laptop for naming the quivers of the Duggars, because I was so sure it was going to be Evelyn. 

Yet, I went against it for guessing, because I found out that Michelle has a sister, who is a lesbian, who is called Evelyn, and I thought they wouldn't want to name their child after a lesbian aunt. 

So I compromised and went with Adalyn, Emery and Emersyn, because they all sound close to Evelyn without actually being Evelyn. 

So I'm still proud of guessing the name correctly in my head, and in my "finish naming the quiver" documents, even though it wasn't my official guess. 

• Upvote 4

I'll play!

As much as I want the Vuolos to have a virtue theme and use Prudence, I'm going to guess something more unexpected like Amalie Lynn.

For Kendra...Addison peaked at #11 in 2007 but was still in the top 30s in 2018. Garrett was a family name, but has been much more unpopular (also peaked in the top 100 in early 2000s). I don't think they'll use double family names for boys past the first - Garrett is not as old fashioned as Robert, Paul, etc. Middle names will definitely be honoring family though, imo.

For a girl, I say Samantha Margaret (Margaret for Kendra's grandma Peggy). For a boy, Wyatt Paul. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we know Webster #4 is a girl, I will give my guess:

Millie Claire Webster

February 15th 

6lbs 1oz 
19 in

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3

DeseretNews.com posted this item about 2020 Utah baby names. Info source is Social Security Admin. 

These are the most popular baby names in Utah

Girls:

1. Olivia
  2. Emma
  3. Charlotte
  4. Lucy
  5. Evelyn
  6. Harper
  7. Hazel
  8. Amelia
  9. Lily
  10. Mia

Boys:

1. Oliver
  2. Liam
  3. William
  4. Henry
  5. Jack
  6. James
  7. Owen
  8. Lincoln
  9. Benjamin
  10. Noah

Random selections that the author liked from the top 100

Girls: 

• Brooklyn
  •  Violet
  • Zoey
  • Luna
  • Paisley
  • Adelaide
  • Sage
  • Aspen
  • Ember
  • Juniper

Boys:

• Grayson (Allen?)
  • Levi
  • Ryker
  • David
  • Beckham

(Note: “David” isn’t a highlight in itself, but it’s funny how those two matched up)

• Axel
  • Declan
  • Nixon
  • Jett

author's note:  

What’s most interesting about these lists is that they don’t feature the common Utah name stereotype of including an extra “g” or “i” or “e” in the name.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 8/27/2020 at 11:53 PM, SorenaJ said:

Darn it. My first original thought and guess was Evelyn. I even have it written down in documents on my laptop for naming the quivers of the Duggars, because I was so sure it was going to be Evelyn. 

Yet, I went against it for guessing, because I found out that Michelle has a sister, who is a lesbian, who is called Evelyn, and I thought they wouldn't want to name their child after a lesbian aunt. 

So I compromised and went with Adalyn, Emery and Emersyn, because they all sound close to Evelyn without actually being Evelyn. 

So I'm still proud of guessing the name correctly in my head, and in my "finish naming the quiver" documents, even though it wasn't my official guess. 

You actually did put Evelyn back on page 1!  I came into the thread through there just now and was scrolling past and thought "Hey!  Someone got it!"

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Let's see--I was hoping for John Webster Jr.  So for a fourth girl:

Allie Jane, Lexie Mae, Zoey Joy, and...

Macey Hope or Finley Rose--I couldn't decide

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, donnal said:

You actually did put Evelyn back on page 1!  I came into the thread through there just now and was scrolling past and thought "Hey!  Someone got it!"

Oh cool, thanks for pointing that out! 

For Alyssa: Sadie Grace or Gracie/Graycie Kay. Basically I think Grace is going to be in there somewhere. Not a crazy guess for fundies! 

• Upvote 2

I think she will spell it Maci, since that’s how she spelled Lexi. Then there will be cousins named Kaci and Maci!

I know with this many kids it’s hard to avoid some similarity in names, but one family with a Kaci and a Khloe and another with a Maci and a Zoey is pretty matchy matchy 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I bet it's Maisi, since she likes those cutesy spellings. It would be nice if it is Maisie.

I like Maisie better too, but that’s not pronounced the same as Maci/Macy/Macie

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 8/9/2020 at 11:21 PM, JanasTattooParlor said:

Webster baby: Sadie or Maisie Jo for a girl, John Elliot “Jake” or “JJ” Jr. for a boy.

Quoting myself because I’m actually proud of myself for guessing the name correctly! I’m giving myself a cookie! ?

ETA: Alright, on first listening to their video it sounded like Maisie, but on second listen I think they actually said Macy......I’m still keeping my cookie!

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic