IGNORED

AMA with former ATI member

bal maiden
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

This is a reminder that we are not here to dox the AMA writer. But rip her ridiculous story all to hell. I mean rip it. But just don’t dox her.

My guess is still pickles.  Does anyone who reads her posts and comments know if she likes Taylor Swift, RHOBH and tells people Happy Cake Day?   Does Brooke like those things?  I'm reading Jay's posts on Reddit prior to the AMA.  Seems pickly.  It's a great time to be in bed sick!  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

My guess is still pickles.  Does anyone who reads her posts and comments know if she likes Taylor Swift, RHOBH and tells people Happy Cake Day?   Does Brooke like those things?  I'm reading Jay's posts on Reddit prior to the AMA.  Seems pickly.  It's a great time to be in bed sick!  

If you'll forgive my ignorance , as I haven't been here from the beginning of this forum , but who's Pickles ? 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Marmion said:

If you'll forgive my ignorance , as I haven't been here from the beginning of this forum , but who's Pickles ? 

She is a bizarre Duggar Facebook page owner/groupie/arch nemesis. Don’t waste your time on her.

And I totally think you sussed out this AMA’er as a fake who lifted someone else’s story. There is no reason for Brooke to do something anonymously in a Duggar sub.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

happy cake day in particular is a reddit-wide thing - you get a little cake by your username when it’s the anniversary of you creating your account. 

my money is on Brooke or someone who really liked her story. I feel like it’s strange for someone to use an active account for something like this though - that user is pretty well known in the og serial subreddit and if they were found out to be doing something like this, their credibility would obviously be shot. But stranger things have happened!

• Thank You 2

Sounds like Reddit poster is saying she is not Brooke. 

Im halfway through making an enormous post and went to Reddit to check something but it will now be a bit outdated with this ‘I know who she is but I don’t know her’ post. How annoying! ?

9857AD73-3D70-4F90-81AF-A94B01C676D5.png

• Thank You 4

I dunno guys. A couple of days ago on the Reddit AMA she mentions being enrolled in a top 10 PhD program ... but here in this link 3 years ago she says she already has a PhD. Posting about her PhD in English in her more recent post would have made it a slam dunk: “I already have one PhD and now I’m enrolled in another!”

I’m not saying that leaving it out makes her a liar, but why wouldn’t she mention it? A PhD is powerful stuff, and an amazing achievement after what she has been through.

0E71FFC1-7F41-40E6-B21C-AECC86E6D155.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Hmmmm ... I just went back to find the post from a couple of days ago where she mentions being enrolled in the PhD and it seems to be gone. Is anyone else able to find it? I have a screen shot, but the link would be good. I’m notoriously bad at searching for things online so any help is greatly appreciated!

AA55DE7F-4D37-46FE-A6A5-39DE8A97D420.png

Edited by adidas
I took this screenshot yesterday so it wouldn’t say that it was posted 2 days ago, if you’re searching by post time.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I mean, she could have been lying about the PhD the first time but be telling the truth this time. :pb_lol: Or for that matter, she could be still lying about it but be telling the truth about her background. It's suspicious and damages credibility, but it's not actually all-or-nothing in terms of whether she's telling the truth or not. I'm still inclined to think there's an element of truth there rather than all-out faking, not that faking would really surprise me either.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Yeah I agree - it doesn’t mean the whole thing is a lie, but if bits of it are untrue, how much do I choose to believe?

I found the link - the PhD bit has been edited out.

9A3073CF-0153-4D5A-B57D-FC8E93082133.png

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

She probably was lurking here and changed it. That's one of the situations where I can't blame either party. Of course people are going to look into her posts since she's claiming to have inside knowledge, but I also understand her wanting to protect her personal information if people are digging into her account history, especially if she had said something different in the past.

Edited by Rachel333

I’m comparing screenshots I took yesterday to posts on Reddit and quite a few have been changed. Lots of the details (which IMO didn’t seem to add up - this is why I noticed them, and also why I took screen shots) have been deleted. It makes me very wary.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

Getting two PhDs is pretty much unheard of (certainly here in the UK, at least).  I can only imagine an academic institution permitting it if the second PhD was in an area completely different from the first (eg moving from sociology to physics, or something). And I can’t imagine the someone who is recovering from receiving a second grade education has adequate breadth of knowledge to be admitted into two such diverse programmes... good catch @adidas. I think we are dealing with a fantasist here. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Just now, Rachel333 said:

She probably was lurking here and changed it. That's one of the situations where I can't blame either party. Of course people are going to look into her posts since she's claiming to have inside knowledge, but I also understand her wanting to protect her personal information if people are digging into her account history.

It wasn’t so much personal information, but dates and timelines which didn’t add up.
Eg she said in 3 places that she left 10 years ago, but deleted a post which said she left 20+ years ago. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

Just now, adidas said:

It wasn’t so much personal information, but dates and timelines which didn’t add up.
Eg she said in 3 places that she left 10 years ago, but deleted a post which said she left 20+ years ago. 

Yeah, I see that she edited the comment 13 hours ago. And time since leaving is a fairly important detail for an AMA about your time in the group, more so than some of the other stuff she's been inconsistent on.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

@pook let us not speculate on the Redditor real life identity. But please continue exposing her lies all day every day. And I am saying that as a moderator.

As member, @pook, why don’t you reach out to Brooke with what was found. She is publicly telling her story, has zero reason to be anonymous on Reddit and would like to know that someone is lifting her life.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Verb
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

If it’s helpful, you can replace “reddit” in a url to “removeddit” to see any deleted comments. 

Thank you for that! Here are a couple of interesting screenshots of deleted comments

304C3C63-2953-45B2-98D0-16B535647CBA.png

AD3A8C26-F0EF-447E-B8C6-BCFF7B33BCCC.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, adidas said:

She did not get two PhD in 10 years. This could easily be possum/ raising Ruth or someone intent on a similar scam. She also does not know that Reddit is forever.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Hmmmm....idk man.

Screenshot_20191220-175745_Reddit.jpg

No. Just no. InTouch pays for celebrity weddings and babies and exclusives and celebrity gossip from the celebrity or the mistress or the person who caught Miley Cyrus having sex on a car with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

They don’t pay some rando from a little known religious organization that provides training and homeschool materials to tell a weird story. The original Gothard scandal got little play outside of us and the adjacent communities even with the Duggar/Bates connection. Why would the press CARE enough to pay this twerp?  Brooke is producing her own materials not giving interviews and most of JM’s story is actually Brooke’s!

I just sent a social media message to Brook about this because she might find it hilarious. It is definitely NOT HER. She has shows and a doc to promote. She would not be anonymous.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

37 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Thank you for that! Here are a couple of interesting screenshots of deleted comments

304C3C63-2953-45B2-98D0-16B535647CBA.png

" i wont give you a link because you dont deserve it" lol you can smell the bullshit.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She also does not know that Reddit is forever.

She didn't a few hours ago. I bet she does now!

• Haha 13

6 hours ago, adidas said:

I’m comparing screenshots I took yesterday to posts on Reddit and quite a few have been changed. Lots of the details (which IMO didn’t seem to add up - this is why I noticed them, and also why I took screen shots) have been deleted. It makes me very wary.

Just woke up and good stuff with the deleting and retrieval!  I went to look at the AMA and what do you know? It's over after 5 days.  I can see the comment asking about Brooke but Jay took down her answer.  Hmmmm.  Also, holy unhinged response to Pa Keller stuff!  I mean, it's honestly shocking and hard to believe.  I know someone who acts like that and deletes a lot. ?  Who courts inTouch and wants to be famous, Duggar obcession. ?

*Yes, it's my hill to die on.  :)

I took a few screenshots yesterday too. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She did not get two PhD in 10 years. This could easily be possum/ raising Ruth or someone intent on a similar scam. She also does not know that Reddit is forever.

My vote is for someone else.  Someone who didn't know Ruth had already alerted the scam uncovering sharks in her chosen goldfish pond of well-meaning, empathetic, and gullible Duggar-followers.  

If anyone from Reddit who swallowed Jay's story whole and now feels foolish wanders over here -- don't feel bad.  These folk are clever as well as sick and they prey on nice people.   Unfortunately they also do a lot of harm to genuine survivors of IBLP who try to tell their stories.  The truth is bad enough.  There's no need to make up nutty stories.

It's a form of Munchausen by Internet.  https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2018-20981-036

Abstract

Munchausen by Internet (MbI), which is not an uncommon occurrence in online groups. MbI was first identified by Dr. Marc Feldman (2000), he described it as the misuse of Internet groups by offering false stories of personal illness and crisis to garner attention and nurturing. MbI is the online expression of what was commonly called Munchausen syndrome but is now diagnostically referred to as Factitious Disorder (FD). FD occurs when a person consciously feigns an illness and/or induces the symptoms. MbI is one of the most under researched online psychopathologies despite the significant and widespread negative impact it has on online groups and their members. It is a type of online deceptive behavior that involves falsely occupying the sick, victim and/or hero roles causing emotional distress to those who are duped. This chapter explores the motivations for the behavior, effect it has on online groups and its members, detecting the behavior and how it can be managed by moderators and members. Gaps in the literature are identified and future areas of research suggested. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2019 APA, all rights reserved)

And many thanks to @Marmion for finding where Jay's Moterbike stole the story she later embellished.   Great research. :)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2