IGNORED

Popping Them Out Like Pez: Upcoming Babies 16

Bethella

I wonder what awful A name she will choose this time.

I didn't realize it until now, but her kid's also have middle name letter themes, C names for boys (her husband's middle name is a C name) and B names for girls (her middle name is a B name). 

@TuringMachine I don't know if she has, but I've known a few white people with multiracial children who are really obsessed with pointing out how white their kids look. It's weird. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I think it’s so weird that she as a white woman married to a black man, is so obsessed with how different her children all look. 

Well duh. What an idiot. Of course your kids look different from one another. When parents look different, their kids look different. When parents look alike, their kids look alike (example: pris and pecan). It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She doesn’t say if he was born today or yesterday. Glad it’s a boy.

63749346-CAAF-4137-BD99-14C29FC7816D.jpeg

Based on Joshua’s blog he was born yesterday

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Based on Joshua’s blog he was born yesterday

And Joshua is gong to use TWO blog posts to explain why they chose the name Winston Marshall. 

Two. Not one. Not one sentence or paragraph, but two entire blog posts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

And Joshua is gong to use TWO blog posts to explain why they chose the name Winston Marshall. 

Two. Not one. Not one sentence or paragraph, but two entire blog posts. 

Winston Churchill really wasn’t all that religious. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Winston Churchill really wasn’t all that religious. 

He was not. Indeed, he was personally agnostic and supported the Church of England as a method of unity for the empire. He would never have supported religious fanaticism. 

Churchill would roll his eyes at the Bontragers and find them to be one of the worst examples of religion. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 16

One of the towns near has their elementary school is named Winston Churchill. Not sure why it’s named that but it is not for religious reasons. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

One of the towns near has their elementary school is named Winston Churchill. Not sure why it’s named that but it is not for religious reasons. 

His mom was American. Back when poor brits with a title liked to marry rich American women. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I guess they are going for W names, then. 

Old man W names, apparently. 

Next up: Wilbur, Walter, Waldorf, Woodrow, Waldo, Warren, Wilson

• Upvote 12

Wait, going back, that woman named her kid Ansyr? Wtf?!? Anchor is pretty bad but that takes the cake.  Even Spurgeon at least has a theological reason behind his name.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

Old man W names, apparently. 

Next up: Wilbur, Walter, Waldorf, Woodrow, Waldo, Warren, Wilson

There are worse names though. I wonder if they stick to the W-theme when they start having girls. There is Willa (love that name sooo much!), Wilma, Willow, Wilhelmina, Wendy..

• Upvote 4

So many letter-themed families adding a new baby lately. I want to see someone theme with an obscure and rarely used letter, dammit. Like Q. I'd honestly be very impressed if someone had eight to ten kids with all wildly different Q names.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

21 minutes ago, AliC said:

So many letter-themed families adding a new baby lately. I want to see someone theme with an obscure and rarely used letter, dammit. Like Q. I'd honestly be very impressed if someone had eight to ten kids with all wildly different Q names.

Uhhhh Quinton, Quinn, Quincy, Queeny... and I'm out. 

Maybe Quinnifor? IDK

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Maybe Quinnifor? IDK

I could see some of them trying to use it like a K or a hard C and giving us names like Qaren, Qarter, Qarley and oh no what am I doing I'm probably giving them ideas as I speak. I should leave it there.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

There are worse names though. I wonder if they stick to the W-theme when they start having girls. There is Willa (love that name sooo much!), Wilma, Willow, Wilhelmina, Wendy..

They could have a few. Wynne/Winifred, Wanda, Whitney/Whitley, Winona, Winter, Wallis, Walburga, Wilone/Wilona. They could make it work. 

5 hours ago, AliC said:

That would be interesting if tried a Q or X or Y theme. Something like Xavier, Xiomara, Xachary, Xylophone...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Wasn't Churchill interested in Islam - at least as something to study/acknowledge? Or was that crap? I don't remember when or where, but at some point I know I read something about that. Also, wasn't he liberal? Such as it was during his time? 

I admittedly know little about the man other than him being part of international conversation. But I swear, I read, or maybe watched, something about the above. 

I should go off and do some reading. 

Also, with those W names. Don't forget, they have to have some deep religious meaning so Josh can wax poetic about what a great Christian HE is for giving his kid the name of this great religious....leader? martyr? Whatever he comes up with. 

I doubt he could write two blog posts about Waldo (or even finding him) or Warren (never; Elizabeth Warren is the devil). 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Maybe Quinnifor? IDK

Quitterie is a first name that is very popular with fundamentalist Catholics

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JMO said:

Wait, going back, that woman named her kid Ansyr? Wtf?!? Anchor is pretty bad but that takes the cake.  Even Spurgeon at least has a theological reason behind his name.

She also has Aynjel (Angel)!! 

Her names are seriously so bad. But when she spelled her last child the correct way (Anchor and not Aynker), I figured she got a lot of comments about the terrible spelling and that affected her choice. 

What do we think this new baby will be named? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What do we think this new baby will be named? 

I think there is a real chance that boy or girl, this baby might be named Arrow. It fits their most recent kids names, and I think they've kind of more established their naming style the more kids they've had. They started with more real names or honoring (in the case of Andrae and Anissa), then kind of 'creative' takes on somewhat popular more modern names, and then they've settled into "word-inspired" names. Arrow also has some religious symbolism, especially because she actively describes herself as 'quiverful'.

Also, Anthem for either gender. Patriotic etc.

Boy- Ayce, Ark; Axel/Axyl; Axtyn; Atlas; Archer; Ash; Arbor; Austere (but spelled Awstyr and she'll be pissed that no one can work out that it should sound like 'austere' like she did with Ansyr); Arlo

I'm kind of surprised they don't have any Al- names yet.

Girl- Aaleah; Affynitee (a scrambled version of 'affinity' since they like more "word-inspired" names); Ayvah; Apple; Aria/Aryah; Autymm; Aster; Arlo

Maybe also Amity for a girl. Spelled Amyttee because why not.

I could see maybe a 'virtue' name from another linguistic background being used just because it starts with 'A'. Like Alaia ("joyful" in Basque) or Ahava ("love"/Hebrew). Of course, they'll change it beyond recognition, like they did with the name Anjali and they also went outside of more "English speaking" names with Anissa.

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

So I'm new to her and I scrolled the her insta a bit.

Does she always put so much focus on how white her kids look?

Hide contents

274882785_ScreenShot2020-04-23at11_22_20AM.png.e7a6653402c46181e2c384c9c77fcc67.png

Eh, I don't think we should read too much into it. It's just an observation that he's a lot fairer than his other siblings and not an expression of preference.

48 minutes ago, Aine said:

I think there is a real chance that boy or girl, this baby might be named Arrow. It fits their most recent kids names, and I think they've kind of more established their naming style the more kids they've had. They started with more real names or honoring (in the case of Andrae and Anissa), then kind of 'creative' takes on somewhat popular more modern names, and then they've settled into "word-inspired" names. Arrow also has some religious symbolism, especially because she actively describes herself as 'quiverful'.

Also, Anthem for either gender. Patriotic etc.

Boy- Ayce, Ark; Axel/Axyl; Axtyn; Atlas; Archer; Ash; Arbor; Austere (but spelled Awstyr and she'll be pissed that no one can work out that it should sound like 'austere' like she did with Ansyr); Arlo

I'm kind of surprised they don't have any Al- names yet.

Girl- Aaleah; Affynitee (a scrambled version of 'affinity' since they like more "word-inspired" names); Ayvah; Apple; Aria/Aryah; Autymm; Aster; Arlo

Maybe also Amity for a girl. Spelled Amyttee because why not.

I could see maybe a 'virtue' name from another linguistic background being used just because it starts with 'A'. Like Alaia ("joyful" in Basque) or Ahava ("love"/Hebrew). Of course, they'll change it beyond recognition, like they did with the name Anjali and they also went outside of more "English speaking" names with Anissa.

I agree that Arrow is likely to come up soon. Let’s hope she spells it correctly like Anchor. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic