IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

14 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I feel like in these types of relationships, a lot of times the men don't do any housework or hard child rearing. Working a lot, yes, can be difficult, but I feel a bigger amount of responsibility falls on the women. The men will have more energy to initiate and the women will feel obligated to comply. 

You’re probably right. My husband works and helps with the kids. Therefore we are both tired!

• Upvote 2

What a time-deaf hashtag. PEOPLE ARE DYING and that’s not very “lovely” if you ask any sane human being. 

14240CB1-B35A-4E1E-9AED-22A4EF599CD3.jpeg

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

There are posts going around about posting a landscape picture with no people in it to try and brighten up feeds... but no one is calling it "lovely lockdown".

4 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Do you think it burns her that only like 10 other people posted under her new shitty hashtag? 

Probably. Her #lovelylockdown photo challenge is rather immature in my opinion. The "challenge" doesn't seem helpful or comforting to others in these times; instead, it comes across as more of an opportunity to brag about the past. 

New thread name suggestion -- Mrs. Midwest 3: her #lovelylookdown (upon others)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

I was reminded recently, by my own Instagram bio in fact, that I am to be writing blogs every single Sunday and Wednesday.
[snip]
However, instead of removing that statement of intent from my IG bio, I have decided to pony up and be a woman of my word, so alas, here we are: back in the written word and enjoying one another's company through our digital screens.

:whistle:

• Haha 3

She just posted a video on how she improved her "personal" style. However, she's wearing an overall dress and "puppy" shirt today, so I'm not sure what she means by "Improved" in that context. 

Still late on the blog post tho. Sorry @AmericanRose ! ?

Edited by kaluce
  • Haha 8

Ok so I half watched it because I actually had work today. More very basic advice like:

Take care of your hair and skin (which she says in EVERY HECKIN VIDEO)

Wear accessories like a purse or hat. Um... was she not carrying a purse before? Where did she put all her loose change and gum wrappers??

Wear colors that suit you. 

Wear clothes that compliment your body type. 

Again, she talks just constantly about her doing these things. I feel like she's just really lonely and wants to connect instead of actually teaching people how to do things. 

I feel like she's covered EVERY single one of these before. 

One thing she had to throw in there is that she wears TWO bras at once. A lacy bra (again, why do we need to know this detail) and a bra OVER that bra to smooth out any lines. Idk... maybe just wear a bra that doesn't have so much texture... in the first place...? No one is gonna see it anyways...? Then she states she wears a slip or undershirt on top of that. It seems like overkill and the worst kind of performative femininity. 

It felt very gratuitous and kind of "look at me mennn" like when she talking in detail in a blog about her shower (and cleaning down there) routine. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

...Two bras? Really? 

I heard people doing that before but the context was for cosplay when the character had a really unrealistic bust to waist ratio (we're talking obvious severe back pain levels) and you want to try to achieve that silhouette. 

But they always add a note saying how uncomfortable it is to wear two and they only do it for those types of characters. 

I bet in a future video, she'll be talking about waist training! Because you need more femininity that comes from having than Barbie doll body than what you were born with!

• Upvote 4

The only time I wore two bras was for working out. Wearing two sports bras for extra support when I was still nursing and my girls were big. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Allele said:

...Two bras? Really? 

I heard people doing that before but the context was for cosplay when the character had a really unrealistic bust to waist ratio (we're talking obvious severe back pain levels) and you want to try to achieve that silhouette. 

But they always add a note saying how uncomfortable it is to wear two and they only do it for those types of characters. 

I bet in a future video, she'll be talking about waist training! Because you need more femininity that comes from having than Barbie doll body than what you were born with!

My sister used use do it when she worked at a bar. She said it got her extra tips ?

• Haha 5

I have just learned discussing bras on a YouTube channel is feminine and modest. Whodathunkit?!

eta: To me this just reinforces she doesn’t do any of this for modesty or whatever, it’s all about getting attention from anyone because she can’t get attention from her HusbandWithAStupidNickname. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

no wonder she has to thrift clothes imagine asking your husband if you can buy things (that cost more than a couple of $) sorry that can't be me. I say this because in my culture we are quite literally pushed to be housewives. She said in her most recent video that it's better not to thrift purses but no mention where to get a good quality purse??? I have a feeling it's because she doesn't know where to get good clothes and accessories since she has to thrift 99% of her things

• Upvote 3

Also another reason I couldn't be a housewife: I can't imagine asking someone for an allowance.

I also can't imagine wearing 2 bras... and isn't she the one who cautioned against over-sharing online and maintaining an air of 'feminine' mystery?

• Upvote 4

I feel bad for her. I am a 32DD (used to be a 34DDD before I lost weight). I can't always buy cheap bras because my bra size is tricky to find. I go to Nordstrom, get fitted, and buy a really good bra -- the full-price kind that rarely go on sale. Then I go to Nordstrom rack and hunt for similar bras at cheaper prices. And you know what? I think it's always worth it to have good fitting bras. I don't know Caitlin's bra size, but I do know that wearing two bras AND a slip/undershirt everyday can't be comfortable. I remember when I was in high school and insecure about my bra size, I'd wear an ill-fitting bra, a shelved-cami over it, a shirt, and a sweatshirt. I hope she is able to one day get herself a good bra and experience the confidence (and comfort!) that it can bring. 

Caitlin, if you are reading this, I want to let you know that lacy, feminine, supportive bras DO EXIST and they are worth it!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I feel bad for her. I am a 32DD (used to be a 34DDD before I lost weight). I can't always buy cheap bras because my bra size is tricky to find. I go to Nordstrom, get fitted, and buy a really good bra -- the full-price kind that rarely go on sale. Then I go to Nordstrom rack and hunt for similar bras at cheaper prices. And you know what? I think it's always worth it to have good fitting bras. I don't know Caitlin's bra size, but I do know that wearing two bras AND a slip/undershirt everyday can't be comfortable. I remember when I was in high school and insecure about my bra size, I'd wear an ill-fitting bra, a shelved-cami over it, a shirt, and a sweatshirt. I hope she is able to one day get herself a good bra and experience the confidence (and comfort!) that it can bring. 

Caitlin, if you are reading this, I want to let you know that lacy, feminine, supportive bras DO EXIST and they are worth it!

That's totally understandable!

But Caitlin wears 2 bras because she usually wears a lacy bra, and she likes a "smoothing spandex bra" on top of it to smooth out the lines. She then says, "I always wear a slip, I always wear the proper underwear" - I'm a little curious about what proper underwear is, but it strikes me that 2 bras + a slip are unnecessary.

I also just realised she just told the Internet what sort of bra she usually wears.... and included a picture. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, kaluce said:

Ok so I half watched it because I actually had work today. More very basic advice like:

Take care of your hair and skin (which she says in EVERY HECKIN VIDEO)

Wear accessories like a purse or hat. Um... was she not carrying a purse before? Where did she put all her loose change and gum wrappers??

Wear colors that suit you. 

Wear clothes that compliment your body type. 

Again, she talks just constantly about her doing these things. I feel like she's just really lonely and wants to connect instead of actually teaching people how to do things. 

I feel like she's covered EVERY single one of these before. 

One thing she had to throw in there is that she wears TWO bras at once. A lacy bra (again, why do we need to know this detail) and a bra OVER that bra to smooth out any lines. Idk... maybe just wear a bra that doesn't have so much texture... in the first place...? No one is gonna see it anyways...? Then she states she wears a slip or undershirt on top of that. It seems like overkill and the worst kind of performative femininity. 

It felt very gratuitous and kind of "look at me mennn" like when she talking in detail in a blog about her shower (and cleaning down there) routine. 

While her pics still give me deeply snarky tendencies, I think you are right that she is lonely and looking online for people to connect with. Her husband seems to ignore her and I get the feeling that the trad wife and red pill stuff she follows is to get him to notice her. It would be interesting to see if she will come to the point of not taking it anymore and if that comes before she gets pregnant.

I wore 2 bras for years, because of my large breasts (38I just before my reduction surgery in febuary) and a lack of money for a good one. Good bras in that size came at 90€ and up in prices until Hunkemöller opened a shop in my town, where I could get a good one I could afford. 2 bras gave me at least some support.

Little fun fact, the german word for panty is slip. So I needed a moment to realise that you guys mean an undershirt, because I thaught of course did she wears a slip, she is not the type to go without a panty.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Little fun fact, the german word for panty is slip. So I needed a moment to realise that you guys mean an undershirt, because I thaught of course did she wears a slip, she is not the type to go without a panty.

Perhaps if Husband wanted...? Fortunately she spared us pics of what her other underwear looks like.

I haven't worn a slip since I was a kid (which is about as long as it's been since I wore a dress) but this is what I think of when I hear a slip mentioned.

My bras are pretty plain, but do lacy bras really have that many ridges? Why not just wear a non-lacy bra? I would assume it's for Husband's benefit, but...
1. How sexy is it if you have to take off *2* bras?
2. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that would be.
3. I can only imagine how massive my chest would look if I tried wearing 2 bras at once.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AmericanRose said:

Why not just wear a non-lacy bra? I would assume it's for Husband's benefit, but...

When I was married I always changed from comfy underthings to lacy ones when it came to sexytime.  I only needed a couple sets of the cute stuff that way!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Skyline said:

My sister used use do it when she worked at a bar. She said it got her extra tips ?

So is the two bras suggestion a size thing? Like, two padded bras? 'Cause in the summary above, it sounded like it was to smooth/cover the textured lace (that she could just not wear in the first place?), not to add size. But was that implied? I'm just really confused.

(I've shopped some place where ALL bras were padded, which, as a well-endowed person, was just a mystery to me. So maybe "bra" implies "padded bra" to some people??)

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I think you are right that she is lonely and looking online for people to connect with. Her husband seems to ignore her

It makes me sad when people longing for connection think "I'll show how great I am, and that will make people like me!" When really, that's as likely to turn people off, and if it does entice a friendship, it's likely to be an imbalanced one. Real connection has genuineness and mutual vulnerability and mutual admiration. This is all her teaching, and a general mass of others listening, not a back-and-forth. If connection is what she's looking for, this is going to disappoint her.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Also another reason I couldn't be a housewife: I can't imagine asking someone for an allowance.

In a healthy relationship, the stay at home partner wouldn't be asking for allowance. The partners would lay out a household budget and together decide where money is allocated (housing, cars, food, clothing, fun, cash on hand, etc) and both partners keep to the budget. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

11 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

In a healthy relationship, the stay at home partner wouldn't be asking for allowance. The partners would lay out a household budget and together decide where money is allocated (housing, cars, food, clothing, fun, cash on hand, etc) and both partners keep to the budget. 

Yeah, I never ask my husband for an allowance. Our partnership likely works so well because I’m the cheapskate in the relationship. My husband would never question what I bought because he knows I’m practical by nature and have likely gotten a good deal buying something we need. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The only SAHW relationship I've seen is my parents, and my mom was always buying things on credit cards and hiding them from my dad / telling me not to tell him.

Caitlin should do a video about how they make her being a SAHW work! Budget tips, etc. That would actually be a useful video, and one I've never seen (granted, I don't tend to go looking for home-maker YT's).

She should also hire me as her content advisor. ?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

The only SAHW relationship I've seen is my parents, and my mom was always buying things on credit cards and hiding them from my dad / telling me not to tell him.

Caitlin should do a video about how they make her being a SAHW work! Budget tips, etc. That would actually be a useful video, and one I've never seen (granted, I don't tend to go looking for home-maker YT's).

She should also hire me as her content advisor. ?

My maternal grandmother and 2 maternal aunts are the only stay at home wife examples I have. My grandparents were farmers and retired from farming when I was really little so that isn't much of an example but I know she fought for my aunt and my mom to go to college because what if something would happen to their spouses? (Very Catholic grandma and she still knew women needed education and means to take care of themselves). The 2 aunts were stay at home for a bit and worked on and off or opposite shifts of their husbands. But in those two relationships I never heard the men "joke" about an allowance to the mom. Both couples seemed to work together on family stuff. And in both scenarios the men were far more frivolous (hunting, fishing stuff, etc) than my aunts. 

Like you said she should be doing videos on household budgeting, what to do while waiting to start a family, hobbies, etc. 

• Upvote 4

I’ve done a lot of bra and panty shopping since separating from my husband. I threw out everything cute he saw me in and purchased new functional and sexier items. 

First, IMO, Mrs Midwest isn’t big enough have to wear 2 bras. From her blog. I am a small C, I would guess her to be a B, hard to tell with this top but since she doesn’t have cleavage, she isn’t very big.

E7F2EB5E-EF91-41C3-AEA3-255113AE93B7.jpeg.c08ef9338e9ff38edf2b3ca92aca79ae.jpeg

She does it because she is an idiot. Adore me and fredrick’s has cute and functional undergarments. This example is from adore me it comes in 5 colors and it’s a t-shirt bra so it is meant to wear under knit tops. You can get the underwear in a thong also.

Spoiler

11F5F375-4E9C-49E5-8E4D-56B8FE0B2FD5.thumb.png.eeb5011fa5c26f0e43413c9ae87ddc49.png

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic