IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

6 hours ago, Koala said:

First thought:

Scarecrow?

Second thought:

Has she lost her damn mind?  What is this, her savior pose?

"Ken, Ken!  Pull over and grab the camera!  I've got an idea!"

Wait. That's actually Lori in that photo?

I wonder if that's her $70 skirt.:think:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I seem to remember Lori bought a $70 jean skirt.  Which floors me as I have one from Old Navy that was about $20 on sale several years ago. Still wear it, still in great shape and it hasn't faded.

Of course I'm an ebil woman with a career and used my own money.  Does that mean I'm frugal and a good steward of my own finances? Can that even happen Lori's world?

• Upvote 8

Just now, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I seem to remember Lori bought a $70 jean skirt.  Which floors me as I have one from Old Navy that was about $20 on sale several years ago. Still wear it, still in great shape and it hasn't faded.

Of course I'm an ebil woman with a career and used my own money.  Does that mean I'm frugal and a good steward of my own finances? Can that even happen Lori's world?

IIRC, she was bragging that that skirt was on sale and a huge bargain and using it to tell people that they should bargain shop to save money. Because that's how completely out of touch she is. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

IIRC, she was bragging that that skirt was on sale and a huge bargain and using it to tell people that they should bargain shop to save money. Because that's how completely out of touch she is. 

The sale price was $70?! For a denim skirt? 

I have a couple of Loft blazers that I’ve paid that amount for- but they are timeless pieces that I will wear for years to come- in multiple ways (jeans, skirts, pants, dresses, jumpers, dressy shorts, etc). I can’t imagine paying that for a basic skirt. 

Edited by Frog99
Fixing autocorrect from shirt to skirt
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Relatively speaking, a $70 skirt is a huge bargain if you usually pay $150. There's nothing wrong with that standard as long as you're not imposing it on other people like Lori does. If your followers are concerned about how they're going to feed their kids and keep the lights on, telling them about a $70 bargain skirt is an asshole move. But that's Lori for you.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

So I actually went in and read the post about the 12 year old being at home by himself and I’m suspicious of the whole thing. First, if a 12 year old refused to make himself food and see to his needs that’s on him. Either he was too busy playing games or being lazy. Or perhaps he has some emotional issues going on but that’s a bigger problem and isn’t noted in the “story”. Even if the mother was home chances are she’d still tell him to make himself a sandwich. By the time I was 12, I got my own lunch unless my mom was specifically making a planned lunch. We heated up leftovers or made a sandwich. 

Also is that dad really working over 12 hours in a day? I’m assuming if he’s coming home for lunch he’s already been at work for a few hours. I suppose that’s possible but seems unlikely. It doesn’t indicate that he has two jobs. He might be a doctor or something but idk. But why doesn’t he call home or check on things at home if he knows his wife is going to be gone and doesn’t have a set time back? Why couldn’t the boy call his brother and tell him to pick up food? I’m assuming the older kid informed them that he was coming over. And where are the other two teenagers to help out? Are they just galavanting about at 10:30 at night? Do they not have a curfew?   

And say if Dad is working that long of hours maybe that’s why his wife is checking out of the marriage. It would leave them no time for interaction. 

Mans why isn’t Lori telling the boy to stop being so emotional and grow up? She should by telling him to prepare his own food and clean the house while he’s at it. Why is it okay for him to be controlled by his emotions it not her granddaughter? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

59 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Relatively speaking, a $70 skirt is a huge bargain if you usually pay $150. There's nothing wrong with that standard as long as you're not imposing it on other people like Lori does. If your followers are concerned about how they're going to feed their kids and keep the lights on, telling them about a $70 bargain skirt is an asshole move. But that's Lori for you.

Obviously. But Lori's audience seems to be primarily made up of people with eleventy children living on one low to average income and skimping on food and health care. Her bragging about her bargain priced $70 skirt is absolutely out of touch with her audience. And she is totally clueless to that fact as is well demonstrated by her telling them to buy expensive butter and what not. 

• Upvote 10

It looks like the saga of the gold Mercedes has finally come to an end.

benz.JPG.579b875b11df53a5715de7bf1ac9ef9b.JPG 

How will Lori convince us that she's the Queen-of-Frugality if she doesn't have an old Mercedes to wave under our noses?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Florita said:

How will Lori convince us that she's the Queen-of-Frugality if she doesn't have an old Mercedes to wave under our noses?

Only 300,000 miles? Since 1984? They didn't drive it much :eyeroll: my husbands 2006 truck has that many miles & he still drives it every day. I call bs on no maintenance. Yes it's a diesel luxury car but I can **guarantee** it's had fluid flushes, brake replacements, possibly an alternator.... she's full of shit.

Also, I call bs on the $50 a month electricity guy. We live in a 32' RV, the electric has been at least $100 a month. Now that temps are cooler, the electric bill is lower but add to that: $40 propane exchange however fast we go through it. 

She is totally out of touch wirh life outside the bubble Ken claims they don't live in. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Florita said:

I have a feeling there's been plenty of work on it, but Ken takes care of it so her has NO idea.  There's no way such a old car hasn't had maintenance.  Lots and lots of it.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

But why doesn’t he call home or check on things at home if he knows his wife is going to be gone and doesn’t have a set time back?

Because he's a man! He shouldn't be expected to. He's the head over his wife and the leader, not the servant! (snark)

I agree. A father is just as responsible for his children as the mother is, and since he claims to be supporting his wife in her endeavor, why is he posting long rants against her on the internet? Could that be one reason she wants out of that marriage?  No woman would ever get away with it if she posted such a rant on Lori's blog. Imagine the verbal spanking she'd get from Lori, her female and male followers! 

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Mans why isn’t Lori telling the boy to stop being so emotional and grow up?

Again, because he's a boy. He will grow up to be a man, who should never be expected to have to take care of himself.  And... don't you know that men aren't controlled by their emotions? They are rational! 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 7

Yes that old car has definitely had maintenance. There’s no way it’s gone without a break pad change or something. And I’m not quite sure why she’d brag about something like that? There isn’t any shame in getting work done of your car. ? And even we’ll made things sometimes need repairs because shit happens. 

Although tbh I think craftsmanship has been lost to a degree within the world of fast fashion as I’ve discovered with my Walmart shoes....

Anyways, mini thread drift. Does anyone have any simple dessert ideas? I’ve been tasked with bringing a dessert for family Thanksgiving. I was thinking a French Silk pie but if anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear it. We’re a big foodie family so I’d like to impress. 

• Upvote 8

On 11/23/2019 at 4:42 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

How is their electric bill so low? Do they not use heat or a/c? 1A332D1C-D00A-4347-94F7-C04E516FE5B0.thumb.jpeg.4b58eec978cea11bdd29a5a574fabc3c.jpeg

Some people who commented talked about moving to a cheaper part of the country so the wife can stay home. Problem with that is there aren’t a lot of jobs in those areas. The jobs available may also require a certain skill set.

Def not comparable and I don't know the cost of utilities in the US, but my brother and I pay under 1,000 € a year for electricity. We pay a fix amount of 50 € per month and at the end of the year someone from our electricity company comes over, read the numbers from our electricity meter and we usually get around 150 € back, because we use less than that. But I'm also very frugal with electricity, energy saving bulbs in the rooms where the light in on longer, no lights on in rooms we didn't stay in

14 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’ve also seen “The days before Medicaid weren’t so bad because you could usually find a doctor willing to practice charity medicine.” ?

In that days you could also affort med school by working during summer break and didn't left without a midsized six figure debt.

5 hours ago, Florita said:

How many 1984 diesel Mercedes cars do Lori and Ken own? I do remember we had a discussion about that car not long ago, because Lori claimed to have it sold under a programme by the Obama administration and she said she got an amount of money way over the max amount granted by that programme.

@Sarah92 if the calories don't count, how about a fruit tiramisu? It's pretty easy to make on the day before, not very time intense, but delicious. For about 6-8 persons you need a pack of ladyfingers, about a lb of mascarpone cheese, a can or 2 of peaches or other fruit, sugar and maybe some peach liquor. Line a casserole dish with the ladyfingers and dip them with the liquor. Cut up half of the peaches and blend the other half, put them on the ladyfingers. Mix the mascarpone with sugar to your taste. I usually put some liquor in it to, but that's up to you. You can also replace half of the mascarpone cheese with yoghurt to cut out some calories. Put it above the ladyfingers and fruit. It should sit over night in the fridge. The next morning you can decorate it with fruit or springle it with cocoa powder. The liquor is optional, you can cut it out to make it childfriendly. You can also use almost all kind of canned or fresh fruit.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

@klein_roeschen Your recipe sounds delicious, thank you for sharing! Now I crave fruit tiramisu but have no time to make it anytime today. Hmm... on the weekend perhaps!

Regarding Lori’s recent post, she just stated on Instagram that it isn’t her in the photo. I also thought it was, but you were right, @rayneflower, Lori’s not the person in the picture after all. 

• Upvote 4

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191125-121919.thumb.jpg.22303fcfe84dcd7d4a6fe98106a0b9d8.jpg

I think she has lost it, don't she remember what she has been telling. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191125-121508.thumb.jpg.8236cea35cc451861d46ca59de1dcfa3.jpg

Edited by Pink Muffin
Edit to inser the second screen shot
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

@Pink Muffin, interesting information.  I wonder how many of those Mercedes they've owned.  Her writing in that old post is pretty bad, even for my standards!  "We have never gotten a new car until our old cars bite the dust" sounds weird.  Shouldn't it be "until our old cars bit the dust"? 

And "the car had to be able drive on its own" or "a man who loves these kind of cars".  She's a licensed teacher.... I guess she didn't pay attention to the little details back then.  I think that her writing is better (and meaner!) these days. 

• Upvote 6

On 11/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

Some people who commented talked about moving to a cheaper part of the country so the wife can stay home. Problem with that is there aren’t a lot of jobs in those areas.

Plus if you are close to family and friends, what is the point of moving away from them just to save a few bucks (maybe) in a place where you don't know anyone, have a support system, etc. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Plus if you are close to family and friends, what is the point of moving away from them just to save a few bucks (maybe) in a place where you don't know anyone, have a support system, etc. 

Because the wife supports the husband and no one supports her. Have you even been reading anything Lori teaches us? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Before somebody calls her on it and she changes it - here is Lori’s post for today. 

She actually used Sheila’s blog title and added a word. I am waiting for her followers to start gushing over how clever she is. But mostly...WHAT THE HECK?!   No writer with any ethics would do this, which is why Ken and Lori decided it was fine. 

994DEF09-3FFF-4A3D-8466-4BAA043B7453.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

35 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Before somebody calls her on it and she changes it - here is Lori’s post for today. 

She actually used Sheila’s blog title and added a word. I am waiting for her followers to start gushing over how clever she is. But mostly...WHAT THE HECK?!   No writer with any ethics would do this, which is why Ken and Lori decided it was fine. 

I think it was a sideswipe at Sheila -- because she has been writing on the some of the toxic "submission" beliefs in some Christian circles.  Plus Lori has never been a fan of hers. 

On another note, I sense a new "theme" from Lori -- this blog post (even though I think it's snarky) and her most recent video on "Majoring in the majors" -- I think she's trying a new tactic (or Ken is putting her up to it, because he mentioned it in some comments on a post last week) to show that she's really loving and kind and not negative or critical...just simply misunderstood.  I think it's damage control because of the almost constant negative feedback she gets except from the fanboys and some die hard fangirls.  Most of the "normal" ladies make a dash after a while. 

The jury is out as far as I'm concerned on this new "kinder, gentler Lori"....I think she has done so much damage already, and maybe I'm just skeptical, but I believe she will go back to her default mode. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I can't imagine Sheila being happy about Lori using her blog in a desperate attempt to go viral. Looks like another attention whore move from the UnGodly Mentor. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I think it was a sideswipe at Sheila -- because she has been writing on the some of the toxic "submission" beliefs in some Christian circles.  Plus Lori has never been a fan of hers. 

On another note, I sense a new "theme" from Lori -- this blog post (even though I think it's snarky) and her most recent video on "Majoring in the majors" -- I think she's trying a new tactic (or Ken is putting her up to it, because he mentioned it in some comments on a post last week) to show that she's really loving and kind 

(Snipped)

Could you direct me to Ken’s comments from last week please?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Could you direct me to Ken’s comments from last week please?

Here you go. It was under the thread/post about how children who have sahm are more mentally stable:

Ken Alexander Interesting you bring this one example up as I talked to her yesterday on our walk about using caution when calling out other teachers.

Think about this . Are you not doing exactly this same thing to us? You don't find me complaining to you about being ungodly because you are attacking us, because I believe it is acceptable for you to make judgments against teachers... and that is who this quote you gave was directed against.

You can't have it both ways. Either you have no right to challenge, or go after us, as it is not becoming a Christian, or the TFW has the right to go after another woman teacher who will violate God's Word when it comes to leaving her family and teaching men when both violate God's Word.

Fellow teachers do go after other fellow teachers at times when they believe they are teaching improperly or are false teachers. I do agree with you that it should be kept to a minimum and directed as an admonishment towards the person. She feels it necessary to warn others about such teachers, and point out the flaws of their ministries in the hope that others will recognize what God's Word says on the matter. I am not a fan of doing this, as we experience more than our share of mischaracterizations, and many outright lies against us.

"For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you" (1 Cor. 11:19). Many true Believers find TTW because others attack her and they see that she is very much Biblically based in her teaching and instruction. Not perfect, but a vital and very effective ministry for Christian women.

READER:  Ken Alexander My intent is not to attack you or your wife. I just think it would be better to make her point without degrading others. That’s all I have been attempting to say in my comments. I don’t claim to be a Godly woman. I believe in God but I kn…See More

Ken Alexander  You are correct that the scriptures do admonish "Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment" (James 3:1). Yet, some are called to teach, specifically older godly women, of which I can confirm TTW is both :). She's remarkable in her love for the Lord, her love for women and her obedience to God's Word.

If she has a fault it is that she is so zealous for God's truths that she may not come across at times as being as charitable as she could/should be... which you point out. But I assure you she is a very charitable and loving person in so many ways. And I see many regular comments praising her for her kind and generous responses.

She will not be perfect, and I appreciate you taking the time to make your point. We can all do better, especially our trolls, and I certainly am trying to do so in all my Social Media discussions. Thanks!

• Upvote 5

Kinder, gentler Lori is a joke.  She can't suddenly change her sour nature.  Maybe if she tries too hard she will explode from all the pent-up rage inside her.  This is Lori when she gets pushback on her SM.

angry.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic