IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

13 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Sarah92 Your outfit sounds gorgeous -- dark pink and teal is a combination I've never thought of.  Thanks for the tip.

So in the Modesty Discretion, etc. Olympics I'm not sure whether I'd place -- tan merino wool crew neck pullover, tobacco brown tank underneath and peeking out of the bottom, straight leg jeans, tan low wedge shoes.

So yeah, not sure..... I'm covered from neck to ankle, but ... well... ya know... the dreaded "eek you have a crotch" problem and then well .... the pullover does show I have girls (not small ones like Lori commands). So probably not a Modesty winner although I thought it was fine for a day off at home.

Oh well, what do I know jezebel unsubmissive woman with a job that I am.  :GPn0zNK:

Thanks you! Your outfit sounds cute and comfy! But considering you’re wearing pants it definitely falls into the immodest category lol. If men can tell you have boobs you’re leading them to sin. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

That's what I wore today; a crop top and shorts, nobody cared. Suck it Lori.

IMG_20191227_172235.jpg

Oh, how I wish I had the body to wear this outfit. Sooo cute! 

You guys. Today is Lori's 39th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, she posted a poem Ken wrote to her for their wedding day. The first few 'verses:'

Take my hand, I'll lead you on, through joy and sorrow, love's endeavor;                   I'm by you [sic] side, the victory is won, your life is mine forever.

A wedding bell's no gentle song, the commitment of life to each other;                        to seek for you the best, no wrong, this is to love your brother.

To join our lives and become one, a life of love each day;                                         A struggle's promise, " til life is done," groping together to find the way.

I...I don't know where to start or what to say about this. I do know it makes me want to :puke-front:

Sadly, there's much more, including this gem of a line: 

The answer lies in love, you see, struggles will help us grow;                                         For only through pain it seems can be, the commitment of love that two can know.

What the hell? :my_huh:

Edited by Loveday
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 7

18 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

That's what I wore today; a crop top and shorts, nobody cared. Suck it Lori.

IMG_20191227_172235.jpg

I think I may need those socks.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Took a Lori break for a few days. Saw a post from her twitter saying feminism causing depression. 

Sorry Lori, Feminism helps women; and my depression is caused by chemical imbalances. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Take my hand, I'll lead you on, through joy and sorrow, love's endeavor;
I'm by you [sic] side, the victory is won, your life is mine forever.

A wedding bell's no gentle song, the commitment of life to each other;                       
to seek for you the best, no wrong, this is to love your brother.

To join our lives and become one, a life of love each day;                                         
A struggle's promise, " til life is done," groping together to find the way.

Oh my. I know Ken writes badly, but this reaches John Shrader levels of bad.

"I'll lead you on," he says. Hmmm . . .

image.png.0ee6a31021ba38135931489c4340d367.png

"Your life is mine forever" - well, that's not creepy at all. :pb_eek:

"to seek for you the best, no wrong, this is to love your brother."

So, Ken, were you offering her your brother? Saying her brother is better than you? Yeah, I know what he meant, but it's soooooo badly written, and weirdly placed in a poem about marriage.

"Groping together to find the way."   :my_blush:  :character-beavisbutthead:

Oh, and because, to me, everything's a song cue, let's go back to those first three words, with Vic Damone and Anne Blyth:

• Upvote 14

That song reminds me of this commercial, which ran seemingly forEVER on the NYC indie stations(most sources claim about 15 years):

• Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic