IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

15 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Regarding the $50 electrical bill - I think it's possible under some circumstances.  I lived alone in a 500 sq ft apartment after I graduated college over 25 years ago, and I had other apartments on each side of me, behind me, and below me.  I live near the gulf coast, so we only have a few days a year when the temperature is below freezing, otherwise the winters are mild.  One winter, I only turned on the heat (which was electrical, not gas) twice during the entire season, and wore sweatpants and sweatshirts around the apartment.  My electrical bill was only $15 one month.  Yes, I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true.  Even I was shocked when I received the bill.

My electric bill is rarely much over $50... it hovers close to that range. That said, I live alone in a tiny house, mostly only heat/cool the room I'm actually using, and work full time so there's 9 or so hours most weekdays when nothing is being used. I can't imagine a larger house or a large family having such a low electric bill. 

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

If I remember right, our vows were to "love, honor and cherish"...then there was that whole "til death do us part" thing,..that was some bullshit right there. If Ken died, Lori wouldn't know what to do. She'd curl up in a minute. She's not strong enough. 

I don't know, I'm not sure Lori cares enough to curl up if Ken died. She didn't even really go to the hospital when he was in ICU, so...   I think as long as one of the kids took over the financial necessities and Lori herself wasn't inconvenienced, I think she'd do fine. She'd probably enjoy a few days of being the pampered widow (followed by lots of online posts about things other women wore/said/did during the visitation and funeral) and then go on about her life as usual. as long as her finances didn't take a cut. If I was one of her kids (God forbid) I'd take that opportunity to move her out of the big house and into a senior apartment somewhere, if she wasn't already in a home at that point. 

I think love matters a lot there. You and your husband obviously were very much in love and cared  deeply for each other. Lori just enjoys Ken's money, and that he keeps the bills paid. If she can get somebody to do that for her, she'll barely notice Ken is gone, I bet. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think love matters a lot there. You (Feministxtian) and your husband obviously were very much in love and cared  deeply for each other. Lori just enjoys Ken's money, and that he keeps the bills paid. If she can get somebody to do that for her, she'll barely notice Ken is gone, I bet. 

I agree, Lori married a checkbook. My husband and I have recently filed for divorce and I would say I still love/like my husband more than Lori loves Ken. I bet there are others here on FJ that like/love their ex more than Lori loves Ken. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 10

@SongRed7, that harrowing tale reminds me of the story of Patient Griselda, which was held up during the Middle Ages as an aspirational example of suffering to show loyalty. Um, no, thanks.

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I agree, Lori married a checkbook. My husband and I have recently filed for divorce and I would say I still love/like my husband more than Lori loves Ken. I bet there are others here on FJ that like/love their ex more than Lori loves Ken. 

My divorce was less than friendly, but I would still prefer to hear that my ex is doing well, healthy, happy, etc, than to be told that he is miserable.  There has been one exception, when I was told of something he did that was stupid, ridiculous, and in his book sinful.  I have to admit that I enjoyed that a little, just because it demonstrated that Mr Oh-So-Holy, Live-Strictly-By-The-Bible was no better than the rest of us, but otherwise...yeah, I'd like for him to have a good life.  I wonder if Lori would be able to muster up even that much caring?  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I wonder if Lori would be able to muster up even that much caring?  

I don't think people are real to Lori unless they are actively benefiting her in some way. She might lambast him on social media if the money ran out, but until then... Ken who?

• Upvote 10

Twi-Lori: 

Sex without being married is bad. 

Lori, I lived with my husband before we got married. Not sorry. 

Got test drive the car before you buy it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, feministxtian said:

If I remember right, our vows were to "love, honor and cherish"...then there was that whole "til death do us part" thing,..that was some bullshit right there. If Ken died, Lori wouldn't know what to do. She'd curl up in a minute. She's not strong enough. 

She'd probably grab her make-up bag and wait for one of her sons to come get her.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

He got onto me for using the "I'm gonna tell your dad" thing and making him be the bad guy. 

That would never work around here. I'm the bad guy.... 

5 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I can respect that a husband is the head of the house.

Where does it say that in the Bible? And what do you mean by "head" in that context?

• Upvote 5

Lori has discovered that a Twitter loophole exists, and she doesn't like it.  She can't just delete and block everyone who disagrees with her anymore.  

loritwitter.jpg

ETA:  As of a few seconds ago the comment, along with replies, was gone, but screenshots prove that it did exist.  

Edited by delphinium65
Update.
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

She'd probably grab her make-up bag and wait for one of her sons to come get her.

Looks like she has quit using makeup. And hairbrushes. She would probably gab her black salve jar. Or $14/lb butter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

@quiversR4hunting and @delphinium65, I wished my exes no ill either. The first was my daughter’s father and I felt it would benefit everyone if we had a cordial relationship. I just wanted the second to GTFO. I remember telling him, long before things went south, that in case we split up, I’d want everything to be done as respectfully as possible out of regard for the love we once shared. I found myself quoting that in a letter I sent him and his divorce lawyer when he had been remiss in sending certain documentation to the company that held  our mortgage during the title transfer process. (I also tossed in a little something about “Remember how pissed off you were when your first wife did this to *you*?”) It worked.

• Upvote 9

The cheating husband story sounded too over the top.  I grew up with a grandfather who was a serial womanizer/adulterer.  My grandmother had nowhere to go with no education or means of support, so she rode it out and put her energy into her children and grandchildren.  We knew the girlfriends' names, where they lived, etc.  We answered the phone when they called the house.  He would leave on Friday evening and come back on Sunday.  We called him the stray cat.  If this had taken place in 2019 instead of 1949, my grandmother might have divorced him.

Now, onto Lori's post.  When you see it on FB, it looks like an autobiographical post.  You don't know it was written by some anonymous person until you actually go to her blog.  The best was this response.  I know it's a typo, but you can only get a divorce if you're in a whorehouse according to this person.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 6.13.07 PM.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

@wallysmommy, not laughing at your grandmother’s story, but at the misspelling of “betrothal” as “brothel”! 
Off to find out if there’s any historical or linguistic relationship between those two words.

ETA: I just checked and there isn’t—“betroth” comes from “thoroughly being with someone” and “brothel” from “a broken or worthless man.”

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

@HaneI understood your laugh.  In the long run, we adored my grandmother, but seeing what she tolerated made my mom, my cousins and myself strong women who don't take any BS off of a man.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

1799437653_russianroullete.JPG.f31eb014751f8952a6e077474429ebfe.JPG

If this is the fear (and I do believe it is a big part of the fear of many Fundamentalists), then why did you send your sons to college, Lori?Couldn't they also lose their faith?  Or do they have "stronger minds" as well as stronger bodies.  Lori, part of the problem is that you do not think things through!   

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

22 hours ago, Hane said:

@SongRed7, that harrowing tale reminds me of the story of Patient Griselda, which was held up during the Middle Ages as an aspirational example of suffering to show loyalty. Um, no, thanks.

Thanks for the link. Wow, that Griselda story is MESSED UP.

• I Agree 1

If college caused them to leave the Faith, then they are the seeds that were not deeply rooted in the parable Jesus told.  There are many options for college.  You don't throw the whole kaboodle out because your tunnel-visioned worldview is that all higher education is ebil.  It is amazing to me, though, how many of these people who hate college support the football teams in the college conferences. (I'm looking at you WV people who are goo-gah over WVU but claim to hate public college.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

On 11/24/2019 at 10:35 PM, hollyfeller said:

I have a feeling there's been plenty of work on it, but Ken takes care of it so her has NO idea.  There's no way such a old car hasn't had maintenance.  Lots and lots of it.

I agree with you and others that car has probably had work done. I bet Ken was taking it in all the time and Lori just didn't know or ignored it.  ETA: I think that car had to have had the timing belt replaced at least once. 

7 hours ago, Liza said:

1799437653_russianroullete.JPG.f31eb014751f8952a6e077474429ebfe.JPG

If this is the fear (and I do believe it is a big part of the fear of many Fundamentalists), then why did you send your sons to college, Lori?Couldn't they also lose their faith?  Or do they have "stronger minds" as well as stronger bodies.  Lori, part of the problem is that you do not think things through!   

I think Lori's excuse would be that it was ok for her sons to attend college because they attended a Christian university. She had a similar rant years back and it was mostly against public colleges. 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Godless AND God-hating colleges, damn. I'm sure I went to one of those, LOL. I guess the various religious organizations on campus didn't get the memo. How ridiculous. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 11

Of course L would quote Prager ? 

Indefensible faith can't stand up to scrutiny. But then they already know it won't stand. And that's why they're afraid of honest introspection and comparison to other worldviews. I lost so much respect for the parents in our branch of the cult for that. If it's real, it could face any scrutiny.   Just like science does, and improves itself by finding its own flaws and better information every day. 

IMG_3860.PNG

Edited by Coco
  • Upvote 3

Our Friend Flicka (or OFF as I like to call her) has yet another delusional comment on Lori's FB -- the doodle telling us not to do fornication.

OFF says back in the 60s there was Fonzie who was out scoring with all the girls and becoming a baby daddy right and left. Bad Fonzie. Bad. Bad.

Well ... it seems that OFF cannot distinguish between TV fantasy and real life.  Fonzie was a fictional character on "Happy Days"  a sit-com show set in the 50s, but on TV from 1974-1984.

So either OFF is 1) just plain stupid or 2) she lives in a reality of her own making in which TV life and real life are the same thing, TV characters are real people, and time has no meaning.

Somehow I think the answer is both.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Lori's life was hard, y'all, when Ken was on the road for months at a time.  Having that housekeeper and nanny was so difficult.  Having a man send home the paycheck was just too much to bear!  Marry a man who works hard so you can be taken care of.  Don't worry if you never see him because he's working three jobs to support you while you stay home.  Above all, you can never, ever, ever go to work outside the home.  That's unthinkable!  You will be blaspheming God's Lori's word.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Our Friend Flicka (or OFF as I like to call her) has yet another delusional comment on Lori's FB -- the doodle telling us not to do fornication.

OFF says back in the 60s there was Fonzie who was out scoring with all the girls and becoming a baby daddy right and left. Bad Fonzie. Bad. Bad.

Well ... it seems that OFF cannot distinguish between TV fantasy and real life.  Fonzie was a fictional character on "Happy Days"  a sit-com show set in the 50s, but on TV from 1974-1984.

So either OFF is 1) just plain stupid or 2) she lives in a reality of her own making in which TV life and real life are the same thing, TV characters are real people, and time has no meaning.

Somehow I think the answer is both.

I was a small child when Happy Days was on. i may not caught any sexual references since I was little, but I don't remember Fonzie doing anything but maybe kissing girls.

I think Laverne and Shirley and Three's Company had more sexual references.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Let's address our child's measles after they catch them.  Let's not prevent them from getting sick.  Let's also rub some black salve on them.  

She would have been one of those advocating for bleeding to heal people in the past.  

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic