IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

She's always preaching to the women that they shouldn't be ashamed to be keepers at home.   Lori should be proud of that, then.  Why not be honest rather than  making up something.  I thought she was proud of her status as a keep at home???

On another note, I saw she was bragging on her $300+ Bosch mixer (even more depending on the model)..Honestly, it looks like a great tool, but when looked online and saw the price, I almost chocked.  No way I could justify buying that even with a "Black Friday" discount as Lori suggests.  She has no idea that many of the women she preaches to can't afford that.   Heck, the price of that mixer might be half the mortgage or rent payment a month, or might be the different between buying groceries that month as well.  When Lori promotes either of her books (both less than $10 each) there are many who write to her and say, "I plan to get it once I save up for it."   

Once again she's proving how out of touch she is with real life.  So spoiled. 

When she brags about that kind of stuff it annoys me mainly for the reasons you stated regarding her readers. I have noticed the posts from the fangirls about saving up to buy Lori's book and I remember one incident where a woman said she couldn't afford Lori's book. She then mentioned that she would check if her local library had Lori's book.  I know some self published authors will occasionally have the Kindle versions of their books for free on Amazon for a day.  If Lori really did care about her followers she would do something like that at least once. 

Lori's latest post on Instagram.  I haven't checked if she posted this recently on twitter. I'm betting she complied these tips from her readers. I laughed at the part about buying a small home. Ugh, Lori why did you and Ken buy a 6 bedroom house?

Her recent tweets are bashing female nurses and teachers.  

Female nurses leave their children in the care of others while they go off to hospitals and get paid to care for other people. Somehow, they don't see the irony in this.

Female teachers leave their children in the care of others to raise while they go off to school and get paid to raise and teach other people's children. Somehow, they don't see the irony in this.

loricrap122.JPG

• Upvote 10
  • Angry 1

What is with her bashing everyone? Did someone at church make her mad? 

She toned it down for Thanksgiving week, now shes bashing everyone. Can she just take a break from Facebook and Twitter? 

I'm highly thinking about using my random Twitter and asking her if she's just so in the closet shes trying to deny it ?‍♀️

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Regarding her Instagram post with the Dr. Streicher quote about the anus being a “one-way passage”:  One response to Lori went, “And yet here you are talking out of it.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 24

1 minute ago, rayneflower said:

What is with her bashing everyone? Did someone at church make her mad? 

She toned it down for Thanksgiving week, now shes bashing everyone. Can she just take a break from Facebook and Twitter? 

I'm highly thinking about using my random Twitter and asking her if she's just so in the closet shes trying to deny it ?‍♀️

Someone on twitter questioned her if something went down on Thanksgiving. I sometimes get the feeling that when she bashes certain groups of working women it's done in response because someone in her family, extended family,  or neighborhood is doing something that she's against. There has been speculation on FJ that some of Lori's responses regarding schools and teachers is done in response to the daughter in-law who has said that her kids will be attending public schools.

I'm guessing a young woman she knows is going to nursing school or has just stared a nursing career  and that pisses her off. Some of the responses to the nurse tweet are about how women were caring for Lori's mother in hospice and Ken when he was in ICU.  Lori probably doesn't think about how things would have been for Ken if there were no female nurses at the hospital. Yes, there are male nurses, but when there are any kind of shortages in health care facilities people are likely effected in negative ways.  There are other roles that working women play in hospitals like nurse aides, janitors, cafeteria workers, security, clerks and administration.  It's easy to imagine how difficult it would be if there were no working women at all in hospitals.  I'm sure any time Lori goes into hospitals or nursing homes she probably quietly condemns all the women who are working in non care roles. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

When she's an old hag in a nursing home, it will be women changing her diaper and wiping her ass.  At the same time, Ken will be hanging out with his new sidepiece who will be a younger woman who is loving, has big boobs, and likes all kinds of sex.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

loricrap122.JPG

A Facebook friend just shared this and it's confirmed my worst fears.  The guy says that the most important part of homeschooling is the catechism, fully agrees with John MacArthur that Beth Moore should go home, and street preaches/screams at pride rallies and outside Planned Parenthood.  This stuff is toxic and the fact that he has four young daughters really concerns me.  Those girls do not need to grow up with these messages constantly pushed down their throats.

And to think that this guy used to be one of the "rebel" kids in my homeschool community. I even had a slight crush on him. ?:puke-front:

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4

@EmmaWoodhouse, that reminds me of a classmate who had just broken up with his girlfriend, but she insisted he honor her prior promise to take her to our senior prom even though he was dating someone new. (This was back in 1970, when going solo to your prom, or with a group of friends, was unheard of.) He got her pregnant at the prom, and soon after graduation they had a “have-to” wedding. He refused to marry her in church (both were Catholic) and they had a civil ceremony. A few years after their daughter was born they broke up.

Now he’s remarried to another (Catholic) classmate of ours and is an ultraconservative Catholic.  The whole situation pisses me off.

• Upvote 13
  • Angry 1

The Lori, the Lying Liar Who Lies.  Her favorite times with her housekeeper and nanny?  I am certain she posted previously that when her kids were teenagers was the happiest time.

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 5.42.57 PM.png

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Yet again, leghumper fangirls are raving about Christmas and Easter being pagan holidays and that real Christians (whatever that means) can't celebrate them and call themselves Christians. They are calling out Ken and Lori for celebrating Christmas and Easter as Christ's birth (no Santa) and Resurrection (no bunnies).

It not the materialism of Christmas or the candy and bunnies at Easter they bemoan -- it's the actual holidays themselves they say are pagan in origin.

Several of them stress that real Christians should celebrate all the feasts and festivals in the Bible -- because they are biblical.  Also Old Testament and Jewish, but they ignore that.

I just do not understand..... Are these people Messianic Jews?  Nutcases?  Jehovah Witnesses?

Could someone FJ-er help me understand this, because I've never heard Christians (no matter how fundie) diss the celebration of Christ's birth and triumph over death.

But then I'm Catholic, ergo not Christian, so what do I know

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I just do not understand..... Are these people Messianic Jews?  Nutcases?  Jehovah Witnesses?

Could someone FJ-er help me understand this, because I've never heard Christians (no matter how fundie) diss the celebration of Christ's birth and triumph over death.

*raises hand* 

Maybe I can help. My husband was raised in a very conservative Church of Christ family. Their home congregation did NOT celebrate Christmas as the day of Christ’s birth because, they believe, there is no Biblical evidence that Christ was born on December 25. I was really taken aback when I learned that was their belief. Nor is there a command to celebrate His birth. They all still celebrated it as a time for family and gift exchanges. However, Heaven help (heh) the person who mentions Jesus’ birthday anytime in December. I’ve had several run-ins with people at these churches over this. 

The same for Easter; they don’t recognize any command in the Bible that directs them to actually celebrate his resurrection

We don’t follow that belief system in our home, but USMCDAD was raised with it and it is very common among more conservative groups. 

These are the groups that, in my opinion, want to be known more for what they WILL NOT do than for what they will do. 

And, yes; many of them are nutcases!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

My favorite part of the Christmas controversy is when Ken chimes in to tell the non-celebrators that they're being judgmental :).   And one commenter points out that some in Lori's family picture are wearing clothing which pertaineth to  Santa Claus.  Too funny.  I can't believe these people are so shallow and worried about these things.....

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Yet again, leghumper fangirls are raving about Christmas and Easter being pagan holidays and that real Christians (whatever that means) can't celebrate them and call themselves Christians. They are calling out Ken and Lori for celebrating Christmas and Easter as Christ's birth (no Santa) and Resurrection (no bunnies).

It not the materialism of Christmas or the candy and bunnies at Easter they bemoan -- it's the actual holidays themselves they say are pagan in origin.

Several of them stress that real Christians should celebrate all the feasts and festivals in the Bible -- because they are biblical.  Also Old Testament and Jewish, but they ignore that.

In the past of I've heard some Christians who are opposed to things like candy canes, Christmas trees, Santa Claus and other characters. My fundie lite neighbors who attended a non-denominational church didn't put up Christmas trees, but they still celebrated with presents for their kids. A friend/former colleague has a stepdaughter who is involved with ATI/Gothard and she doesn't like certain aspects of Christmas celebration like the use of Santa Claus.  My friend and his wife live with his mother who likes Christmas decorations and Santa Claus figures to be put. He said that whenever his stepdaughter visits she always has to complain about something. I vaguely recall a fundie family discussed here on FJ who didn't celebrate Christmas.  This was maybe in 2011 or 2012. Other FJers might remember more details on it. 

It's possible that Lori has attracted some Messianic Jew or Jehovah Witness followers. There are some JWs who would probably agree with Lori on some things.  I worked at a restaurant in college for several months. We had a party room that was rented out to different groups for weekly meetings, a couple of churches used it for Bible studies, and then a JW homeschooling group started meeting there for their weekly lunches. I recall a few women telling myself and other co-workers that they were opposed to working mothers and they also didn't feel that public or private schools were right for their kids. I can see some JW women being drawn to Lori for certain reasons, but yeah they won't be happy if Lori is celebrating Christmas or Easter. 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 7

Thanks @usmcmom.

I went to high school with some Church of Christ people.  They were conservative, but maybe not that conservative. But I don't really know as my classmates didn't discuss the specifics of their denominations with me.  I got a lot of 'not really a Christian. we're not sure about her' side eye back then.

I do remember one set of girls, not sure where they worshipped, who were forbidden to wear any jewelry incl a watch or a wedding ring. no make-up,  no shorts in gym class (pinned their mid-calf length shirts between their legs), didn't cut their hair and wore it up in a huge bun on top of their heads.  We called them "cat on the head women." No music, no movies, no dancing, no card playing, no drinking, no smoking.  Church every Wed night, Bible study on TH, and church twice on Sunday. 

No dating either.  They didn't do courtship, but I heard the girls were allowed to talk to boys at church and if they lived close enough the boy could walk the girl home. Not sure how they ended up married, but 95% of them got married the summer after graduation to a boy from church -- if they didn't drop out and marry at 16.

The boys, however, were absolutely wild.  Doing everything they weren't supposed to -- including "dating" (IYKWIM) unsuitable girls.  All of their wild behavior was done on the sly, away from the prying eyes of church members and the minister --usually the next town or 2 over.

Within 5 years after high school, they settled down, got religion and got married to a 16 -18 year old.  Interestingly none of the kids I knew of like that were quiverfull,  3 or 4 children at the most.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

It's possible that Lori has attracted some Messianic Jew or Jehovah Witness followers.

Not possible for JWs. They follow nothing not published by the Watchtower Society. And all the JWs I have known went to public schools. They just don't allow their children to participate in a lot of things, but public school is OK.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I can't say something to the religious aspect, but if you are dirt poor with a large brood of kids, holidays like christmas and easter are a special strain on your thin finances. If you can barely affort to feed your kids the rest of the year, gifts and special meals on holidays aren't doable. So instead of saying they can't affort the holidays, they say they oppose them for religious reasons and feel holier than thou about it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Reading that post about Lori and Ken breaking the news to Alyssa about Santa, I'm once again struck by how nasty Lori is.  They video the incident and Lori mentions how "funny" the video is.  I imagine 5 y/o Alyssa didn't think it was all that funny.

She really loves hurting people and seeing them upset by her self-righteous b.s.   I'm thinking here of her recent post about her 8 y/o granddaughter who didn't feel safe with her grandparents walking ahead of her. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Not possible for JWs. They follow nothing not published by the Watchtower Society. And all the JWs I have known went to public schools. They just don't allow their children to participate in a lot of things, but public school is OK.

There are at least a couple of JW homeschool programs:  New System School and Pearblossom .  My JW former coworker did intend to homeschool at one point, but I don’t think she followed through.

When I briefly studied with the JWs, we covered the “Jesus wasn’t really born on December 25” thing, and the lady I studied with said something like “Don’t you feel lied to?” and I thought, “Hmmm, I thought most people knew that.”

• Upvote 9

According to Lori today women are supposed to leave all decisions to their husbands, including birth control (which Lori claims is evil), vaccinations (again evil, according to Lori), and public school versus homeschooling (despite her constant railing against public schools).  So let's see if I've got this straight:  In LoriLand women are supposed to let their husbands lead them and their families into evil (by her definition, not mine), but if they want anal sex it's a no.  Riiiiiiight.  

Also she says 'Yes, hold firm to your convictions but share them in kindness, not to dominate others.'  When has Lori ever shown any kindness?  She tries to dominate others every day.  The lack of self-awareness is beyond astounding.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Reading that post about Lori and Ken breaking the news to Alyssa about Santa, I'm once again struck by how nasty Lori is.  They video the incident and Lori mentions how "funny" the video is.  I imagine 5 y/o Alyssa didn't think it was all that funny.

She really loves hurting people and seeing them upset by her self-righteous b.s.   I'm thinking here of her recent post about her 8 y/o granddaughter who didn't feel safe with her grandparents walking ahead of her. 

I agree. It also reminds me of something I’ve mentioned before, I think. 

I can’t imagine growing up with Ken and Lori as parents because, among other things, the rules always changed.

We “believe” in Santa. Wait; no we don’t.  

We celebrate Halloween. No we don’t. Yes we do. And we hate it again.  Now, we like trick or treating.  

We like public school.  Nope! We must homeschool.. Let’s try the private school.  Back to public school!

Imagine how their every day rules probably changed. I wonder if Lori went back and forth like that with food, allowing things one week and taking them away the next. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 5

i get so tired of the poverty contests between the fangirls.  I can't help but think some of these children will likely grow up resentful for all the things they missed out on.  I bet some of these kids have never seen a beach or had a brand new outfit. 

It's not about having luxuries. It's about having a decent quality of life.  Why do these people think it's so holy to barely scrape by?  While it's true you don't need two cars, cable, internet, etc. to survive, it makes life more manageable.  Who has time to go to the public library to use the internet?  What if the husband drives during the work day and the company doesn't provide a car?Are the wife and kids supposed to be stuck at home and pray an emergency doesn't happen?  If the wife takes the husband to work, how can she start dinner if she has to load a dozen kids up to go back and get him at the end of the day?   I really got ticked off at a comment from a man yesterday who pretty much said one car was fine for them. They relied on neighbors and church members to help them.  That's just taking advantage of others.  Friends and neighbors can help if your car is in the shop, but are not to be taken advantage on a consistent basis. I wonder if this dude even offers gas money. 

We have a 1400 sq  ft. 3 bed, 2 bath house built in 1972. It is maintained properly and has been updated with some new carpet, counters, and appliances.  My 19 year old Honda with 275,000 miles was totaled and we bought an 11 year old car with 170,000 miles to replace it.  We didn't have to sweat when the hot water heater went out. We had the money in savings (OK, so I did b*tch about having to spend it, but it was there). 

My point being is Jesus said He came that we may have life and have it abundantly.  I don't believe God wants us to just scrape by in life.  I'm not talking prosperity gospel, just having a manageable life where you're not constantly having to get by on the minimum. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Yes, this exactly! If that had happened today, Lori would have posted that video online immediately going on about how "funny" it is, despite her saying in the very next sentence that Alyssa was crying. 

I think it's sad and frightening there are people dumb enough to feel duped about Jesus' birthday not being on December 25. Not all things are celebrated on the exact day... this is not uncommon at ALL.

I can't decide if I'm glad some fundies are informed enough to know that there were/are pagan holidays near/on the celebrations for Easter and Christmas, or sad that they are stupid enough not to understand that more than one thing can be celebrated at the same time or in similar ways, and things develop and change over time. 

I personally wear a perfume called Ostara to Easter Sunday service each year, and just designed a Christmas card with a December calendar on the front with every holiday I could find marked on it - from Yule to Festivus to Candy Cane Day. It said "May everything you celebrate be merry!" which is basically my philosophy on holidays - I'm a white Christian chick so my main holidays are those, but I'm sure going to wish my Jewish boss a happy Hanukkah and my witchy friends a blessed Yule, and will probably spend part of New Year's day doing a tarot spread for the year ahead. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 8

My sister is one of those who wears her “poverty” like a badge of honor. The thing is, we can’t figure out how they are so poor or IF they are so poor. I typically don’t like to balance someone else’s checkbook, but when they are constantly waving that checkbook in my face, it is hard to stop being curious. Their life circumstances are such that it is hard to believe they are so poverty stricken, but they keep reminding us that they are in dire straits.  It gets really old. 

Last summer, both of their children got married and I offered to host bridal showers. I was so excited to do so and had lots of fun planning. But every time I’d talk to my sister about the decorations, the food, etc, she’d respond with an Eyeore voice that it all sounds so expensive and my centerpieces would be nicer  than what she was making for the weddings and it must be nice that I could afford to buy cookie trays and why would I order special ribbon and blah blah blah.  It actually made me feel awful and like she resented that I was doing something nice for my nieces and nephews. I quit talking to her about it and just showed up and played hostess. 

She is one of those Christians, like Lori, who can quote the Bible frontward and backward but has no joy in life. She finds the dark cloud in every silver lining and it drains me. That is what Lori’s Poverty Olympics are like. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

@lilwriter85, you might be referring to the Duggars.  IIRC, they didn't have a Christmas tree in the early years.  They might now though.  

@Red Hair, Black Dress,  my grandmother didn't go to church when she lived on the farm.  A few years after my grandfather died, she moved into their small town.  My Aunt Ruth had married a man from a Church of Christ background and told my grandmother in no uncertain terms NOT to join a Church of Christ congregation.  My grandmother joined the United Methodist church a block or two down the street.  

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I really got ticked off at a comment from a man yesterday who pretty much said one car was fine for them. They relied on neighbors and church members to help them.  That's just taking advantage of others.  Friends and neighbors can help if your car is in the shop, but are not to be taken advantage on a consistent basis. I wonder if this dude even offers gas money. 

100% chance he's also a guy who complains about people on welfare who are "taking advantage" of taxpayers.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic