IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

27 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

followed the links, too. In the information that you could see without paying, one of them said their system was cry-free, or no crying—don’t remember the exact wording, but I hope that means it isn’t a cry-it-out, Babywise thing

I hope it too. But she states she's using the eat-wake-sleep rule (or whatever the order is) and it is Ezzo's, isn't it?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

Her doodle is priceless today.

Yes, the Gospel and the age of grace is for Kanye.

It's just not for the woman who is an indebted woman who has already lost her virginity and gotten a tattoo.

Once again, GRACE according to Lori's definition is for ANY MAN, but not all women.

Disgusting false gospel

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I hope it too. But she states she's using the eat-wake-sleep rule (or whatever the order is) and it is Ezzo's, isn't it?

I’m not sure. I think the gentler methods follow the same basic pattern, but if the baby cries you can pick them back up? In which case, I’m guessing it works great...with kids who are just naturally great sleepers.  I think a lot of people really don’t get that babies are unique individuals and there is no magic system that makes them all “easy”.

• Upvote 10

My mom’s second and third child (there are four of us) were born in the same calendar year, so she had a newborn, and elven month old and a two year old when she let my brother (the newborn) cry it out one time. She was exhausted and tried to sleep through it. As soon as he stopped crying she jumped out of bed to check on him and felt awful. The thing is...fifty five years later, she still talks bout that night with such sadness and regret. 

We all have regrets as parents. The sad thing is that Lori, her family and followers don’t actually regret the things we do. They brag about them. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I followed the links, too. In the information that you could see without paying, one of them said their system was cry-free, or no crying—don’t remember the exact wording, but I hope that means it isn’t a cry-it-out, Babywise thing.  

I just rocked my little grandson to sleep, and I’m going to hold him till he wakes up. He’s got a little cold and isn’t sleeping great—Mom and Dad took turns holding him during the night, then both got up and went to work.  We’re a terrible, heathenish bunch as you can see. ?

Really? Okay, just disregard my above hopeful comment.  ?

I love rocking babies and holding babies and snuggling babies. I carried mine for as long as they let me. When DD went to the doc for her 6 mo check up, the doctor asked if she was rolling and such. I knew she was at daycare but remarked that I hadn’t actually seen it because I didn’t put her down at home- I carried or held her. The doctor quite sternly told me to put her down so as to not cause any delays in skill. 
I held her because I like to hold babies- not because I worked. I was just in awe of her and the fact she was mine. It was the same for DS- except then we had two kiddos in laps. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

58 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I love rocking babies and holding babies and snuggling babies. I carried mine for as long as they let me. When DD went to the doc for her 6 mo check up, the doctor asked if she was rolling and such. I knew she was at daycare but remarked that I hadn’t actually seen it because I didn’t put her down at home- I carried or held her. The doctor quite sternly told me to put her down so as to not cause any delays in skill. 
I held her because I like to hold babies- not because I worked. I was just in awe of her and the fact she was mine. It was the same for DS- except then we had two kiddos in laps. 

I remember reading something somewhere about how African women wear their babies all the time and African babies never cry, for that reason. In that first year, they're pretty much always with their mother, being worn in a sling, breastfed on demand. They're not often put down or left alone. Bear in mind this is something I read and not a culture I have any actual knowledge of so it might be wrong, but I thought it was a really lovely way of mothering. And obviously the children learned to move and walk etc. in their own time and weren't held back by being worn like this. They were lovingly nurtured, all day long. I wish I had been able to do this with my own babies.

Edited by KDA
Fix typo
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

I think what gets me is all of the talk about children as a blessing and as treasures. I agree that my children are treasures and blessings- and I treat them as such. I agree that routine is important and that sometimes babies fuss in their sleep and go right back to sleep, but leaving them to cry it out, spanking for hours, putting in rooms for hours in the afternoon, etc, is NOT treating them as such. 
And hi, Lori!! Watched your Halloween ramblings video (appropriately named)- I noticed you curled your hair. It looked MUCH better!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Yes, the Gospel and the age of grace is for Kanye.

Once again, GRACE according to Lori's definition is for ANY MAN, but not all women.

How much grace would Lori extend to Kim, if she claimed to be 'saved'?  

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, fluffy said:

Paulina Marie is a world class nut and must have some kind of serious issue. I just saw her brag on Facebook about how glad she is that she and her husband (as she calls the man who wants nothing to do with her and is not her husband) saved their first kiss for marriage and how special it was and she has no regrets. All that is very nice, but it's also totally disingenuous to promote this lifestyle to young fundie women without disclosing that she is no longer married, at the very least, and that her version of gender dynamics may not pan out the best. She honestly seems delusional. She also promotes being a stay at home mom, but doesn't disclose that it's her parents, who both work, who support her. None of this is my business and she can and should live however she wants, but she pushes her agenda rather arduously and never tells other women the truth. That is what gets me. The wishful thinkings and pretending.  She just seems lost to me. First she was evangelical, then Catholic, and now nearly Jewish. 

Is this Paulina the same person that was an evangelical fake Jew who married Taliban Tony and had a baby?  I remember that they split up.

ETA: @KDA,  Dr T Berry Brazelton was a pediatrician at Harvard and noted the behavior who are describing among mothers and babies in Costa Rica,  IIRC.  It has been noted by others observing traditional mothering practices.  African mothers do wear their babies and nurse them on demand, but this is true in most traditional societies.  Baby-wearing was born out of necessity as mothers just could not attend to their other work while their babies were small.  They had to keep with gathering or working in the fields or whatever.  They might have a short period to recover from the birth after the baby was born, but not always.  Many cultures developed their own methods of baby wearing: may-ties in east Asia, cradle boards (the papoose) among North American indigenous women, the Welsh shawl in the UK, and many variations of slings.  The first modern baby carrier was the Snugli and was developed by a husband and wife who'd been in the Peace Corps in Senegal, IIRC.  (The original Snugli was top notch and I still have one of mine.)  

If you ever get a chance to see the movie Father's Little Dividend there is a scene where Elizabeth Taylor is talking about these new ideas her doctor has:  mothers give birth naturally, wear their babies and swing the baby around when he gets hungry.  Her parents think this is all very strange.  The doctor had observed mothers doing this in the South Pacific when he was there during the war.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

I should have added that Paulina is the full name of Lina whom we had many threads about a few years ago.  After the divorce and after she quit being a fake jew, she re-embraced her Catholicism.  I think Taliban Tony might have flirted with atheism after the split.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Lori wants us all to believe the best about Kanye.

Did she believe the best about Lysa Terkeurst? The late Rachel Held Evans? Beth Moore? All the women she ridicules in her posts when she quotes their comments? 

@Ken, do you have an explanation as to why Kanye West deserves grace but these women do not? 

We’ll wait. 

7C9C6635-63B3-48B8-BE08-38C719586854.jpeg

• Upvote 11
  • Love 6

9 hours ago, KDA said:

I remember reading something somewhere about how African women wear their babies all the time and African babies never cry, for that reason. In that first year, they're pretty much always with their mother, being worn in a sling, breastfed on demand. They're not often put down or left alone. Bear in mind this is something I read and not a culture I have any actual knowledge of so it might be wrong, but I thought it was a really lovely way of mothering. And obviously the children learned to move and walk etc. in their own time and weren't held back by being worn like this. They were lovingly nurtured, all day long. I wish I had been able to do this with my own babies.

It is simply not true that carrying a baby makes it delayed. Leaving your baby in a car seat all day or some other contraption that does not allow the baby to move or flat on their back in a crib is not ideal for body development but a baby who is carried especially in a sling moves and leans with the person carrying it, practice holding their head up and pushing against the body that is holding/carrying and it isn't still. Often they have normal or even above normal development especially when they are young. My kids never ever did tummy time before they were old enough to actually enjoy playing with toys or pushing themselves on their belly towards something. They held their heads up on their own very fast and were very stable and strong in their upper bodies as tiny babies. Doctors were shocked and exclaimed "They must get plenty of tummy time." "No, none." "None? You have to or they will not develop enough muscle strength." Me smiling and thinking they should listen to themselves.

My children very rarely cried when carried but did not enjoy carseats, bouncers etc. and they both coslept with us in bed. My son would sleep on his own during the day while my daughter was not that fond of that and would rather not sleep or only sleep with me lying next to her or in her sling. After a couple months the pram was also OK for her for day sleeping. 

It is both easy and hard to carry your babies and it has pros and cons but when they are tiny I see mostly positives and both my kids had no problems with motor skills or being clingy, they are actually pretty independent, especially my daughter.

15 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I'm the same, no desire to have kids, but can't stand a crying baby. These are babies and their only way to communicate is by crying. If a baby cries, than there is something. If your undisturbed night sleep is more importand than the comfort and well being of your child, maybe it's a bad idea to have one. And what I don't understand, Alyssa hinted at her unhappy childhood with Lori, but now use her as a babysitter.

A baby's crying contains a lot of sounds that humans in general think are unpleasant and when you become a parent it gets worse, at least it did for me. Your own kid's crying is the worst but other people's kids also affect you. 

• Upvote 9

Alyssa celebrated Halloween with the baby. It's like she only follows her mother's steps when it suits her.

• Upvote 8

Today Ken is claiming to be oppressed because he wants to be an elder and a preacher.  Boo fucking hoo.  Cry me a river, Kennie-boy.  :pb_rollseyes:

7129384723.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 11

10 hours ago, usmcmom said:

do you have an explanation as to why Kanye West deserves grace but these women do not? 

We’ll wait. 

No need to wait. He deserves grace because he's a man, of course! 

As for that Bible verse she quoted, why doesn't she apply it to women preaching? Whether they are doing it for selfish ambition or out of a genuine belief that they have been called, (or, I dare say, because they have been called to preach the Gospel!!!) the Gospel is being preached. 

Funny how just a few verses earlier Paul had this to say:  "because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear."

At the very least, Lori should admit that things are not all that cut and dry when it comes to women and our call in life. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Today Ken is claiming to be oppressed because he wants to be an elder and a preacher.  Boo fucking hoo.  Cry me a river, Kennie-boy.  :pb_rollseyes:

I think he's trying to be sarcastic to make a point....but yet...he used up a whole bunch of words to justify "putting women in their place" yet again today.   

Interesting, on a page about "Biblical womanhood" you have a post written by a man with only four comments (as of now) all from MEN.   Just keeping tamping those womenz down, boyz!

Actually I love it that people are ignoring it.  I'm thinking that's the best way to deal with the Alexanders. Just ignore them. They thrive on attention. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Is this Paulina the same person that was an evangelical fake Jew who married Taliban Tony and had a baby?  I remember that they split up.

ETA: @KDA,  Dr T Berry Brazelton was a pediatrician at Harvard and noted the behavior who are describing among mothers and babies in Costa Rica,  IIRC.  It has been noted by others observing traditional mothering practices.  African mothers do wear their babies and nurse them on demand, but this is true in most traditional societies.  Baby-wearing was born out of necessity as mothers just could not attend to their other work while their babies were small.  They had to keep with gathering or working in the fields or whatever.  They might have a short period to recover from the birth after the baby was born, but not always.  Many cultures developed their own methods of baby wearing: may-ties in east Asia, cradle boards (the papoose) among North American indigenous women, the Welsh shawl in the UK, and many variations of slings.  The first modern baby carrier was the Snugli and was developed by a husband and wife who'd been in the Peace Corps in Senegal, IIRC.  (The original Snugli was top notch and I still have one of mine.)  

If you ever get a chance to see the movie Father's Little Dividend there is a scene where Elizabeth Taylor is talking about these new ideas her doctor has:  mothers give birth naturally, wear their babies and swing the baby around when he gets hungry.  Her parents think this is all very strange.  The doctor had observed mothers doing this in the South Pacific when he was there during the war.

I remember Dr. Brazelton’s TV show, “What Every Baby Knows” on the Lifetime network(before it became “All Women In Peril, All The Time”).  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Ken's trying to be witty, sarcastic and cute.

Fail.

Crazy Baby Man, why aren't YOU pastoring a church and preaching your message of "Biblical Manhood and Womanhood" and letting your wife teach her perverted gospel?

You went to the seminary, didn't you?

Oh, wait, it's because there would not be MONEY in that like there is in your current profession.  And you know it.

Please cry me a river.

People don't need a building registered as a 501(c)(3) to preach the Gospel.  BUT, if women want to preach the Gospel in a building registered as such, they should be welcomed by male leadership. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

From Kris V's article that Kenny links in his blathering today:

2. Many men are insecure; reducing women helps them feel more powerful.

Yes. This is listed as the number-two reason why women are oppressed in the Church today.

Crazy Baby Men.

All of them flocking to LorKen's  "ministry" page like moths to a flame. 

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/c6e9cd80-8ddf-4917-8a6b-99064afd5539

Edited by ladyicantxplain
misspelling
  • Upvote 6

That little bit of Ken's post is ridiculous, but it speaks volumes. In the church, if you want to lead, just start filling a gap somewhere. Lead by organizing a Bible study with newer believers. Lead by teaching Sunday school. Lead by greeting the people nobody greets. Lead by visiting a sick person, praying for and with people. Invite people to your home for a meal and get to know them, etc...  

Ken, your wife is preaching. Ask her for some tips if you want to preach too ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

7129384723.jpg

What a pile of privilege bullshit. The way I understand it, being in a leadership role in church don't only mean preaching, but also be there for your follow churchmembers when their in need. I can't see Ken or Lori be a help for anyone in need. Lori found the perfect way to preach her hatefull garbage without tending to closely to a congregation by being an online preacher. They want the perks of being a leader, esp the telling other people what to do and how to live, without the duties that come with it and think they deserve this.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

They want the perks of being a leader, esp the telling other people what to do and how to live, without the duties that come with it and think they deserve this.

Brilliant. This is a brilliant statement you've made. 

They want AUTHORITY without RESPONSIBILITY.

Minister means something really close to "waiter of tables" in Greek.

It's the front-lines, getting your hands dirty, mud wallowing that Ken and Lori want to avoid, while they sit behind their keyboards and preach online.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

They want AUTHORITY without RESPONSIBILITY.

Minister means something really close to "waiter of tables" in Greek.

Exactly. 

Many people are surprised when they find out that deacon means servant and ministry is service. In the evangelical church, deacon means figure of authority and ministry is a lucrative business.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

Ken coming in on his white horse and saying in the comments how women can be as smart and talented as men, they just don’t have careers because they have the honorable role of raising children. 

He writes Lori off as zealous. 

Ken, if you believe what you say, you *gasp* have some of the same views as feminists!!! And your wife is not zealous, she is hateful. 

And if you do believe the stuff you say, like that God loves gay people, that women are intelligent, etc. then why do you let vile people like Trey comment and communicate with your wife? 

I’m glad Ken doesn’t run Loris page. He might actually recruit women to the fundie cause whereas she just speaks like a troll actually recruited to drive people away from Christianity. 

• Upvote 13

• Coconut Flan locked this topic