IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

I wonder how close the fires in California are to Lori's neighbourhood this time around. I'm guessing that so far her home is not in danger, because she's said absolutely nothing about it. If it doesn't affect her personally, it just doesn't matter, does it? 

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Her eyes speak volumes to her mental instability.

OMG she looks absolutely deranged! Those eyes! Scary!

It's normal and understandable for faith to be challenged when our loved ones suffer and die. The book "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" by Rabbi Kushner was a tremendous help to me in maintaining faith during my most trying losses. The thing I had to realize is that tragic things were happening to other folks, yet I believed. So why should I stop believing when something tragic happened to me? I'm not that special, I'm here in the world with everyone else, and God is not a genie.  Life is often just random.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 6

12 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

If everyone is born into sin because of the action of one man, why wasn't everyone "saved" by the action of another (Jesus)?  I have not been able to get a satisfactory answer to this question from pastor types.

Well, I'm a pastor of a house and online church and I'll try:

Here is what the Word says:

Contemporary English Version
Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die. (Rom. 5:12)

So there's the death sentence of so-called "original sin" that entered the human race through Adam.

And here's God's solution:

Young's Literal Translation
for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ
all shall be made alive, (1 Cor. 15:22)

and

For this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men -- especially of those believing. (1 Tim. 4:10).

SO:

The Supremacy of Christ
…19For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, 20and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross...(Col. 1:20)

God's not going to "burn up the earth" as Lori thinks, sucking up the "remnant" into the sky to fly away while he sentences the rest of His creation to "hell".

No. 

Read these things slowly.

He's restoring it all. To Himself. For Himself. 

Either Jesus was a TOTAL success, or the whole plan has to be thrown out because it failed for one person.  Hint: Jesus didn't fail at Loving perfectly because He is perfect love.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Well, I'm a pastor of a house and online church and I'll try:

Here is what the Word says:

Contemporary English Version
Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die. (Rom. 5:12)

So there's the death sentence of so-called "original sin" that entered the human race through Adam.

And here's God's solution:

Young's Literal Translation
for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ
all shall be made alive, (1 Cor. 15:22)

and

For this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men -- especially of those believing. (1 Tim. 4:10).

SO:

The Supremacy of Christ
…19For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, 20and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross...(Col. 1:20)

God's not going to "burn up the earth" as Lori thinks, sucking up the "remnant" into the sky to fly away while he sentences the rest of His creation to "hell".

No. 

Read these things slowly.

He's restoring it all. To Himself. For Himself. 

Either Jesus was a TOTAL success, or the whole plan has to be thrown out because it failed for one person.  Hint: Jesus didn't fail at Loving perfectly because He is perfect love.

Thanks, and I already understand and agree with what you stated. But I guess my question was more to the point of why do individual people have to "accept" Christ or know about him even, fueling the frenzy to proselytize?  No human needs to take affirmative action to be condemned, all humans are just born sinful because of Adam. So why do people need to take affirmative action to be "saved". Why didn't the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus just automatically "save" all human beings?

I'm being somewhat of the devil's advocate here, no pun intended.  My question is somewhat rhetorical. I think all the emphasis on saving people is ridiculous, when we should focus on loving them, like Jesus said and did. Saving souls is above my pay grade. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

But I guess my question was more to the point of why do individual people have to "accept" Christ or know about him even, fueling the frenzy to proselytize?  

Have you ever watched a guy named Martin Zender on YouTube?

He explains it a lot better than I could. (Though some of his ideas are out there and I do not yet agree with everything he says).

That's the thing: either salvation is by Grace alone, or it's not. So, "accepting" Christ is an actual work on our part...says Martin.

Martin thinks free will is a farce (as do I).

In Him we live and breathe and have our being. No one even breathes without God, if we believe the bible.

So, my take is that all ARE saved, but God is the one who wakes them up to the idea by drawing them. (John 12:32)

GOD does this. Sometimes He does this BEFORE they die; sometimes they see Him and hear Him AFTER their bodies are already dead, I believe. (I'm thinking of people who may have been bound by addictions, etc., here so they couldn't hear Him well - or alternatively, those who lived in some remote area where no evangelist dared to go, and thus never "heard" from a human that Jesus died for them and rose for them).  Either way, every tongue confesses Jesus Christ is Lord, I believe, based upon what the bible says. All are reconciled to God.

But instead of being out of fear of "eternal separation" from God, or torment by eternal fire, it's from LOVE.

Edited by ladyicantxplain
clarity
  • Upvote 1

Lori let her Kayne love lead to a hypocrisy from her.  Yea I know, big surprise there.

Lori was all defending Kim KW using a surrogate because she nearly bled to death with Baby #2.  A leghumper reminded Lori that she has always preached taught that women should just trust in God and have all the bay-beeeez, even if there are dire medical consequences.

Leghumper remind Lori she can't have it both ways.

I'm amazed the comment is still up

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

@ladyicantxplain I enjoyed reading your comments, food for thought. I'm struggling to reconcile your beliefs with some people, though. What about satan worshippers? Hitler? Evil people who molest small children? Rapists and murderers? Sure, some of these people are going to have mental illnesses and/or addictions, so I can understand your belief there. But what about the ones who don't? What about the ones who are just evil? How can they be reconciled to God?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, KDA said:

@ladyicantxplain I enjoyed reading your comments, food for thought. I'm struggling to reconcile your beliefs with some people, though. What about satan worshippers? Hitler? Evil people who molest small children? Rapists and murderers? Sure, some of these people are going to have mental illnesses and/or addictions, so I can understand your belief there. But what about the ones who don't? What about the ones who are just evil? How can they be reconciled to God?

Eastern Orthodox Christian believers - some of them - still believe that even evil has the POSSIBILITY of being reconciled to God in the end.

I am leaning towards believing that the "lake of fire" - is God's refining fire which is TEMPORARY (for an age; aeon not eternity which is a mistranslation) - that will purify those of their evil, not in a tormenting sort of way, but in a corrective, restorative, loving way. The same way you wouldn't allow your muddy wet dog to roll all over your white linen sofa. You would clean him off first, bathe him, scrub him, in hot water, with soap and a detangling brush. He might HATE EVERY SECOND OF IT - because it isn't perfectly comfortable for him. But it's restorative so he can come into the house with you, and you love him.

Edited by ladyicantxplain
clarifying again
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Have you ever watched a guy named Martin Zender on YouTube?

He explains it a lot better than I could. (Though some of his ideas are out there and I do not yet agree with everything he says).

That's the thing: either salvation is by Grace alone, or it's not. So, "accepting" Christ is an actual work on our part...says Martin.

Martin thinks free will is a farce (as do I).

In Him we live and breathe and have our being. No one even breathes without God, if we believe the bible.

So, my take is that all ARE saved, but God is the one who wakes them up to the idea by drawing them. (John 12:32)

GOD does this. Sometimes He does this BEFORE they die; sometimes they see Him and hear Him AFTER their bodies are already dead, I believe. (I'm thinking of people who may have been bound by addictions, etc., here so they couldn't hear Him well - or alternatively, those who lived in some remote area where no evangelist dared to go, and thus never "heard" from a human that Jesus died for them and rose for them).  Either way, every tongue confesses Jesus Christ is Lord, I believe, based upon what the bible says. All are reconciled to God.

But instead of being out of fear of "eternal separation" from God, or torment by eternal fire, it's from LOVE.

I get it, I really do. Individual people do not have to "accept" Christ. My question was rhetorical. Jesus did indeed draw me near with his love. I also feel that not all matters of faith can be explained. The question of evil folks and what happens to them is also above my pay grade. It is problematic, for sure. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, usmcmom said:

In her IG stories, Alyssa listed things that were helping her feel better with a newborn in the house. Sleep training made the list. Her baby is eight weeks old and is sleeping nine hours at night because he has been trained to do so.  

So. I’m just going to say it. 

I can’t believe that after Alyssa waited seven years for a baby, she has followed the teachings of her horrid mother and lets that baby cry himself to sleep when he is just weeks old.  Lori must be giddy. 

That certainly sounds to me to be a recipe for Reactive Attachment Disorder   .  And believe me , it is not easy to get along with a child with RAD .  They will , in my experience , be inclined to be feral , and insensitive .   A number of adoptees from Eastern Europe have been known to be like this , due to conditions in orphanages there .  https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/reactive-attachment-disorder/372259/   ,  https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/romanian-orphans-subjected-to-deprivation-must-now-deal-with-disfunction/2014/01/30/a9dbea6c-5d13-11e3-be07-006c776266ed_story.html    So while Lori Alexander is trying to establish absolute discipline , what will result will be unruly wildness .  

21 hours ago, usmcmom said:

This must be how Lori looks when she tells her grandkids that snakes will bite them when they complain, or when she hears that one of them was force fed or denied food, or when a newborn is left to cry himself to sleep. 

Shame on her kids for leaving those children with her. 

BC0E07CB-7CD9-498B-B638-E4E460E99ADC.png

This is a textbook BITE Model case of emotional control  .  http://old.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php#emotional   

The installation of phobias as part of mind control

When the movie Jaws was released in 1975, a new phobia of sharks was born. People took their boats out of the ocean and kept their kids on the shoreline. “People became afraid,” says Hassan. “But the truth is that shark attacks are rare.” The point is, the movie led to a misfiring of our protection system — our way of safeguarding ourselves to perceive danger, says Hassan.

Similarly, mind-control groups use phobia indoctrination, says Hassan, to keep members obedient. Sometimes, these can be personalized based on what a group learns about a person. Other times, they’re broader: that you’ll get cancer or be hit by a bus, or your family will be killed if you leave the group. While Hassan was in the Unification Church of the United States, he “was drilled with the fear of evil spirits,” he says. “I didn’t even believe in spirits before I joined the group. But when The Exorcist movie came out, Moon gave a lecture saying that this is what would happen if you left the church.”

Sometimes, in extreme cases like sex trafficking or terrorism, these phobias aren’t justtalked about — they are actual, possible outcomes. “Killing is not just a threat in your mind. It’s something real that happens, as seen through the way ISIS kills,” says Hassan.

So if someone is held under these mental conditions, Hassan says they can’t imagine leaving the group and being happy and fulfilled: “The moment they can, they are out the door.” 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/isis-cults-and-religious-extremists-how-mind-120776498957.html  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I work with a lot of kids that have attachment issues and frankly it’s so hard to watch a kid struggle with them. You will see very clear cases when DCFS is involved: completely ignoring bio-parent aka the individual that neglected them and overly clingy to foster parent. Kids need to know their needs are going to be met, including the need for affection. When a child doesn’t have it met they will sometimes act out to get that attention, go silent because they believe it’s pointless to try, or seek it with other people.

A silent baby isn’t necessarily a happy baby. It might be a baby that stopped crying because it knows that parent won’t respond. This may create a different sort of wound that the child might not remember but will act out in its attachments. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 7

I must have done something right in my parenting then...my adult kids sometimes forget the umbilical cord was cut. Even as adults they actively seek out mom's opinion on things...I've been called "Nerd of all nerds", "closest to an omnipotent being I know" "why google? I have mom". 

2 of mine were great sleepers from pretty much the beginning. My daughter LOVED to sleep...even now she requires a 1 hour nap when she comes home from work (she's 37). #1 son, the minute his tummy got full, off to sleep he went. The secret to him sleeping was to get and keep that tummy full. He's also the one who blew right past baby food and went right to Burger King. #3 was a challenge. He didn't like sleep. Sleep kept him from doing things. His little brain just stayed in hyperactive mode. Even now he sucks at sleeping. He'll literally go a couple of days w/o sleeping then crash for 14 hours. There was no "sleep training" him. He had his way, and that's the way he was. 

I personally think all this "sleep training shit" is child abuse. I also think "training children" is bullshit. Mine were about as trainable as a cat. Independent AF, accomplished, smart AF, and unreasonably dependent on mom still. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I work with a lot of kids that have attachment issues and frankly it’s so hard to watch a kid struggle with them. You will see very clear cases when DCFS is involved: completely ignoring bio-parent aka the individual that neglected them and overly clingy to foster parent. Kids need to know their needs are going to be met, including the need for affection. When a child doesn’t have it met they will sometimes act out to get that attention, go silent because they believe it’s pointless to try, or seek it with other people.

A silent baby isn’t necessarily a happy baby. It might be a baby that stopped crying because it knows that parent won’t respond. This may create a different sort of wound that the child might not remember but will act out in its attachments. 

I would even go as far as to say that a very silent baby is a concern quite often. It can be that needs were not met, there may be a physical or mental disability behind too. Children are extremely well adapted to creating a bond and having their needs met and they do not give up easily if things are as they should.

A friend of mine resently adopted a baby. The hospital in the country where she adopted her was very hands off other than at meals and diaper changes and heavily encouraged this approach to have a happy baby to her (she adopted her baby from birth in this country and took custody pretty much as the baby had come out of the birth mother's womb and therefore handled the baby in the hospital as well). I think that she was somewhat convinced by it but as things turned more towards normal for this baby after a couple of months with plenty of "neediness" anyway I talked to her and so did the nurse where she does well check ups about how important this neediness can be especially in her case with a non biological child and how her response is nurturing a bond between them. She did start to see this herself and with more response from her and the baby's father neediness went down quite a bit and started to be more normal attempts at contact from the baby. I don't think their transistion into a family has been easy at all to be quite honest but they do seem to have found some ways of connecting now.

• Upvote 6

It’s so nice that rich Lori of the $14/lb butter is able to take a verse about not placing wealth above god and make it about. working women and submission instead.  

That way she never has to be convicted about herself. 

• Upvote 11

17 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Yes. And so is Paulina Marie. She is a single mother now. That's how well Lori's "gospel" worked for so many of us...

Paulina Marie is a world class nut and must have some kind of serious issue. I just saw her brag on Facebook about how glad she is that she and her husband (as she calls the man who wants nothing to do with her and is not her husband) saved their first kiss for marriage and how special it was and she has no regrets. All that is very nice, but it's also totally disingenuous to promote this lifestyle to young fundie women without disclosing that she is no longer married, at the very least, and that her version of gender dynamics may not pan out the best. She honestly seems delusional. She also promotes being a stay at home mom, but doesn't disclose that it's her parents, who both work, who support her. None of this is my business and she can and should live however she wants, but she pushes her agenda rather arduously and never tells other women the truth. That is what gets me. The wishful thinkings and pretending.  She just seems lost to me. First she was evangelical, then Catholic, and now nearly Jewish. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I've worked my entire adult life/marriage because we are stupid to like/want things like food in our fridge, a place to live, clothes, health insurance, etc.  If we could afford for one of us to quit our jobs and one of us stay home (me or him...doesn't matter) it would make life a little easier and I would do it in a heartbeat.

Yep, I also worked the entire time of our marriage and years before that.   Sure, it would have been easier if one of us didn't have to, but we can do math and the reality was both of us needed to work in order to basically have a decent life.   If a winning lottery ticket or some great financial windfall happened where one of us could quit, we would have done that.   Which leads me to the next point.....

On 10/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, SweetLaurel said:

I think she made peace with her life and is very pleased with being an Older Godly Mentor Asshole.   But no one else  with a vagina deserves to be happy.  Because Jesus.  And she is by golly going to make sure they know that.  

Lori's bashing of working women is just one of her ways to spread the misery.  By telling working women how they "fail" even as they need to support their families, incidentally providing those families some of the very things that Lori didn't have to work for herself.    She loves spreading the misery, knows full well how hypocritical she is but that doesn't matter because she enjoys it.  It's her reason for living.  To put it more crudely, she gets off on it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Per Lori’s IG story, she watched Alyssa’s baby today. :(

Well, the baby is just 3 months old and has already been  sleep-trained. I know there are some gentle sleeptraining methods, but Alyssa and Emily sound so enthusiastic about their own sleep time that I wonder if they are open to the let him cry method or some other hard trainings. Of course I'm speculating, but had the training been soft or with no crying involved, I suspect she would have pointed that.

In short, if Alyssa is open to a strict baby raising and, worse than that, trusts Lori to babysit, I have no hope for the poor baby.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Well, the baby is just 3 months old and has already been  sleep-trained. I know there are some gentle sleeptraining methods, but Alyssa and Emily sound so enthusiastic about their own sleep time that I wonder if they are open to the let him cry method or some other hard trainings. Of course I'm speculating, but had the training been soft or with no crying involved, I suspect she would have pointed that.

In short, if Alyssa is open to a strict baby raising and, worse than that, trusts Lori to babysit, I have no hope for the poor baby.

I am not a mom and have zero desire to have kids. That being said I can’t stand to hear a baby or toddler cry. It breaks my heart and all I want to do is comfort them. I couldn’t imagine just letting my baby cry so I can sleep. I know that you can’t always fix crying, especially in toddlers who may be crying because they got in trouble or not getting their way, but you can always make sure their needs are being met and they are comforted. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

In the comments, she referenced an IG handle who is  a NICU nurse and wife of a ped. I’m hoping that means it wasn’t as cruel as we imagine. I can’t see what the recs are because it requires a purchase. 
That said, the fact that she allows Lori to watch her helpless baby tells me all I need to know. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

In the comments, she referenced an IG handle who is  a NICU nurse and wife of a ped. I’m hoping that means it wasn’t as cruel as we imagine. I can’t see what the recs are because it requires a purchase. 
That said, the fact that she allows Lori to watch her helpless baby tells me all I need to know. 

Emily used the "let them cry" training and bragged about her daugther crying a lot. That family is sick!!! Even if you are desperate because the lack of sleep and try a hard sleeptraining, at least do not brag about making your baby unhappy!!!

I know that some mothers suffer a lot because the lack of sleeping and I could understand trying whatever, BUT when the baby is a newborn, come on, a bit of sacrifice is expected!!! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

Here's my Twitter response to her Kanye love...

If you read the Bible correctly, you will see that even after Saul/Paul's conversion, the Christians were skeptical and still fearful of him until he proved his conversion. That means casting away all of your old life and having a new way of living.

Do I see Kanye West giving up being a media whore?  Not really, but maybe I'm way too skeptical.  He used this new platform bring attention to his egotistical self.  Lori is sooooo stupid.  If the most heinous criminal said they were against abortion, she would probably quote them because they agreed on one issue.  But instead she says women preachers are of the devil.  I hope her neighborhood is innundated with kids in costume tonight just to annoy her.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I followed the links, too. In the information that you could see without paying, one of them said their system was cry-free, or no crying—don’t remember the exact wording, but I hope that means it isn’t a cry-it-out, Babywise thing.  

I just rocked my little grandson to sleep, and I’m going to hold him till he wakes up. He’s got a little cold and isn’t sleeping great—Mom and Dad took turns holding him during the night, then both got up and went to work.  We’re a terrible, heathenish bunch as you can see. ?

9 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Emily used the "let them cry" training and bragged about her daugther crying a lot. 

Really? Okay, just disregard my above hopeful comment.  ?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

46 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I am not a mom and have zero desire to have kids. That being said I can’t stand to hear a baby or toddler cry. It breaks my heart and all I want to do is comfort them. I couldn’t imagine just letting my baby cry so I can sleep. I know that you can’t always fix crying, especially in toddlers who may be crying because they got in trouble or not getting their way, but you can always make sure their needs are being met and they are comforted. 

I'm the same, no desire to have kids, but can't stand a crying baby. These are babies and their only way to communicate is by crying. If a baby cries, than there is something. If your undisturbed night sleep is more importand than the comfort and well being of your child, maybe it's a bad idea to have one. And what I don't understand, Alyssa hinted at her unhappy childhood with Lori, but now use her as a babysitter.

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Yep, I also worked the entire time of our marriage and years before that.   Sure, it would have been easier if one of us didn't have to, but we can do math and the reality was both of us needed to work in order to basically have a decent life.   If a winning lottery ticket or some great financial windfall happened where one of us could quit, we would have done that.   Which leads me to the next point.....

On the days when my anxiety is stronger than on other days, I dream about having enough money to live comfortably without working. And I get a littly envious about women like Lori who take it for granted to live a pampered life as SAHM wannabe. But on most days I enjoy working and going out of the house. If I would hit the lottery, I would work less or look where I can volunteer. But me hitting the lottery would mean I have to start buying a ticket and I'm far to stingy for that :D

• Upvote 13

• Coconut Flan locked this topic