IGNORED

Missionary Gregg Schoof deported from Rwanda

Katzchen24

@Howl. Yeah. That was disgusting. He knew exactly what he was doing while he was basically jerking off with a rod in front of everyone. Pig. 

Edited to add, I think when he did that it was at Youth Conference which means he was doing that in front of thousands of teenagers which makes it even more disgusting. 

Edited by mollysmom
  • WTF 3

On 10/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, hoipolloi said:

Yes, as in "I have come FROM my morally superior, white Christian nation to bring the light of Jesus TO you citizens of a morally inferior, non-white, non-Christian -- or not-the-right-kind-of-Christian -- nation."

And to Scotland. Actually I suspect to here too but fortunately I haven't encountered them.

21 hours ago, mollysmom said:

There was nightly checks to make sure you were in bed and that your pajamas matched

They checked that your PJs matched?? What on earth was the point of that? Also I would be screwed as my tops and bottoms not infrequently end up in different wash cycles  (and have accidentally ended up different colours at least twice. Lemon top and pink pants... oops.)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

And to Scotland.

Yes, because, clearly, you guys have the wrong kind of Christianity.

You need real Christian missionaries, even if they eat up all the bacon butties

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And to Scotland. Actually I suspect to here too but fortunately I haven't encountered them.

They checked that your PJs matched?? What on earth was the point of that? Also I would be screwed as my tops and bottoms not infrequently end up in different wash cycles  (and have accidentally ended up different colours at least twice. Lemon top and pink pants... oops.)

I don't know what the point was. Honestly, you learned not to question authority so you just went along with it but yes, if you had pajama pants on then the shirt you had on HAD to match the pajama pants (cuz, ya know, pants are evil ?) otherwise it was demerits. I have no idea what the reasoning was.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Oh, they are there.  I found these IFB people recently, just north of Perth. http://www.northsidebaptistchurch.org.au/ and they are Trail of Blooders.  http://www.northsidebaptistchurch.org.au/our-beliefs/

The PP has an outpost in Queensland.   https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Religious-Organization/The-New-IFB-Australia-460149967892676/

And there are many more.  Although Australia has its own homegrown cults and fundies too.

• Thank You 4

Rwanda is majority Christianity, though not the “right kind” for the IFB. Historically, the largest and most influential church in Rwanda has been the Catholic Church, but it’s less than stellar behavior during the genocide has caused a lot of defections to different types of Protestantism and Islam to a less extent:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Rwanda

Tbh no church comes out looking good in the case of the genocide and the events leading up to it, but I think the Catholic Church got more criticism because of its size and influence, and because there were priests and nuns involved in the slaughter.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I think there's a sub-branch to the Qld one in Sydney as well. Ugh. PP's poisonous parishes proliferate. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And there are many more.  Although Australia has its own homegrown cults and fundies too.

Oh yeah. The Family is only the tip of the weird cult iceberg. My "favourite" is the really odd fundamentalist Catholic one that's up in Queensland somewhere - cannot remember their name for the life of me but was reading an article about them while my jaw was slowly dropping.

And of course we have Hillsong, which our current PM is part of. And some church near where my grandparents lived brought out the Duggars ffs.

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, because, clearly, you guys have the wrong kind of Christianity.

Christianities. Definitely plural. But they're all Wrong.

• Upvote 4

On 10/15/2019 at 9:35 PM, Punch2the(Solar)Plexus said:

One time, a member of the church who had not won enough souls offered my brother and his friend $20 each to sit through a church service so it would look as though he had saved a couple of poor souls. He tried recruiting a couple of 9 year old boys at the park with $20! The cops that took the report said that wasn't all that uncommon and advised us not to go to the park on Wednesday or Sunday if we didn't want to encounter overzealous First Baptists. 

Baptist church services are way too long for $20 to be enough. Maybe a Catholic one - it would be under an hour and no one will try and talk to you after ?

• Haha 9

I went to a Lutheran church service recently.  There was a children's lesson and then all the kids went off to their Sunday school.  There were some hymns and a relatively brief sermonette; not a long service at all. Then we went into the church hall and had a potluck.  Altogether pleasant. 

• Upvote 6

On 10/18/2019 at 1:12 AM, Ozlsn said:

And of course we have Hillsong, which our current PM is part of. And some church near where my grandparents lived brought out the Duggars ffs.

From what I have read , the Prime Minister's children are enrolled in an IFB school .  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Morrison#Personal_life