IGNORED

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

VelociRapture

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/prince-andrew-military-affiliations-royal-patronages-1.6313691?cmp=rss

The hits just keep coming 👏

Andrew has been stripped of his military titles, his remaining patronages, and his HRH status. He will go to court as a private citizen. 

Proud of my girl Lizzie - didn't think she had it in her. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, viii said:

Andrew has been stripped of his military titles, his remaining patronages, and his HRH status. He will go to court as a private citizen. 

I think I'm shocked.  I would have expected that from Charles, but probably not the queen.  It's the right thing to do.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, viii said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/prince-andrew-military-affiliations-royal-patronages-1.6313691?cmp=rss

The hits just keep coming 👏

I didn't either, this shocks me - but in the best way.

Now for the completely unfounded speculation...how much of the credit for this should go to Prince Charles?  Would she have done this without prodding from him?

(Sadly even as a private citizen he's still insanely wealthy and connected, but this is something.)

• Upvote 7

It says it was widely discussed with the senior royals so I would assume Charles and William had a huge hand in this 👏🏻

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

And he has lost the HRH title, too.  He is just plain Andrew (whatever he uses as a last name)

Aren't they all Mountbatten-Windsors when they need a surname?  Such a ubiquitous name he'll totally blend in with the commoners.  🙂

12 minutes ago, viii said:

It says it was widely discussed with the senior royals so I would assume Charles and William had a huge hand in this 👏🏻

It's interesting she did it rather than leaving things as they were and letting Charles deal that blow as his first act after being crowned.

I wonder if she did that in part for her own legacy?  I wouldn't think Andrew was popular in the UK that she did it to spare Charles the backlash.  I almost wonder if that would have started his reign out with a lot of public support had be been the one to strip him of his titles and such.  

I hope the lesson has been learned by the BRF that the days of their own being untouchable are over.  Not that I think anything of the kind is happening with Charles or William, just saying going forward hopefully this is a real change in how they deal with royals who use their privilege to abuse others.

• Upvote 9

57 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

And he has lost the HRH title, too.  He is just plain Andrew (whatever he uses as a last name)

He is Prince Andrew, Duke of York. They would have to go to Parliament to strip him of everything. He is also still technically HRH, but has agreed to retire it publicly. 

53 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's interesting she did it rather than leaving things as they were and letting Charles deal that blow as his first act after being crowned.

I wonder if she did that in part for her own legacy? 

I think she 100% did it for her own legacy. The monarchy and the queen's reputation has taken a huge hit over how she has (mis)handled the Andrew situation and so I think in order to preserve the monarchy in general and make sure her 70th Jubilee is a success, they (the BRF) threw Andrew to the wolves. 

Which - happily. Let the wolves tear the flesh from his bones! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, viii said:

He is Prince Andrew, Duke of York. They would have to go to Parliament to strip him of everything. He is also still technically HRH, but has agreed to retire it publicly. 

I think she 100% did it for her own legacy. The monarchy and the queen's reputation has taken a huge hit over how she has (mis)handled the Andrew situation and so I think in order to preserve the monarchy in general and make sure her 70th Jubilee is a success, they (the BRF) threw Andrew to the wolves. 

Which - happily. Let the wolves tear the flesh from his bones! 

It's hard to be a mum.  The terrible two, challenging teen years, raising a middle aged sexual predator, having to discipline the 61 year old problem child....it never ends!  /s

I just looked up his age and have to say I'm shocked again, I thought he was at least 70.  Surprising given how good looking he was when he was younger, I guess it's true that evil ages you.

Tbf when I thought he was a hot older man back in the day I was a teenager and had no idea what kind of monster lurked behind those gleaming teeth.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

This was in The Guardian online article. The Times said it was ex-seevicemen urged her to act over sexual assault case. I'm glad they took a stand (even though she should of done it way before).

"The dramatic move came hours after more than 150 military veterans wrote to the Queen to ask her to strip Andrew of his honorary military roles amid what they described as their “upset and anger”"

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I absolutely agree that the letter from 150 military veterans forced the Queen to act. She is the head of the armed forces and takes her role in this very seriously apparently. I would go out on a limb and say that the general feeling here in the UK is goodbye and good riddance.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Did you all notice it looks like he has a shiner?

PA.JPG

Perhaps The Queen gave him a right hook. I do hope so.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

18 minutes ago, Lollipopgirl said:

Perhaps The Queen gave him a right hook. I do hope so.

The thought of her asking one of the staff for a step stool and another to make sure the corgies were out of the way first is hilarious!

• Haha 14

16 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

I absolutely agree that the letter from 150 military veterans forced the Queen to act. She is the head of the armed forces and takes her role in this very seriously apparently. I would go out on a limb and say that the general feeling here in the UK is goodbye and good riddance.

Yeah, I found out about the petition afterwards. Less proud of the Queen since I don't think she really had much of a choice anymore, it's not like she woke up and thought, "Yes, I have been mishandling this, I should correct that."

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I thought the Queen would protect Andrew until her dying day, so whatever the lawyers she paid for found out and disclosed to her must be an absolute bombshell.

• Upvote 9

25 minutes ago, rosamundi said:

I thought the Queen would protect Andrew until her dying day, so whatever the lawyers she paid for found out and disclosed to her must be an absolute bombshell.

Interesting take on this.  I wonder if others will come out as well.  He spent so much time with Epstein Virginia isn't the only girl he assaulted by a long shot.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

If she hadn't done that, would the BRF possibly be held financially responsible for whatever damages the lady is awarded?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

If she hadn't done that, would the BRF possibly be held financially responsible for whatever damages the lady is awarded?

I don’t think so. It’s like with any other family, I guess (though I’m no lawyer so I don’t know for sure) but if someone’s brother or son committed a crime, the mum or siblings don’t have to pay. They have their own money and assets. 

• Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

No. He wasn't acting in his official capacity as Duke of York. Epstein and Maxwell may have approached him initially because of who he was and who he had access to, but everything he did, he did in his capacity as a randy middle-aged man with a sense of entitlement you could see from space.

Edited by rosamundi
Grammar
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

That is good.  She is going to be devastated, no matter what happens.  I feel so sorry for her, she's lost so much over the last year or two.

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

That is good.  She is going to be devastated, no matter what happens.  I feel so sorry for her, she's lost so much over the last year or two.

While I can understand how easy it is to pity the Queen, I think we should feel more sorry for the victims. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, viii said:

While I can understand how easy it is to pity the Queen, I think we should feel more sorry for the victims. 

It's not that easy for me.  She's one of the most privileged people who has ever lived and waited until there was enough public outcry to try to reign in her son.  My sympathy is with the victims of her son.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

When your child, your favorite even, screws up so badly and reveals himself to be an a foolish lecherous randy amoral alleged sexual  abuser of teenagers  it’s absolutely devastating and heartbreaking to a parent no matter how privileged. It’s okay to feel empathy and sympathy for her.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic