IGNORED

Have the Maxwell Daughters ever Dated?

GeorgeSorosJingerer

I don't think Sarah *wants* to get married. In theory yes sure, she's been brainwashed into believing that's the only thing she's allowed to aspire to. In practice... this is a woman who is genuinely scared of being alone in an airport. Leaving compound forever, being alone with a man she is not related to, being left without a mummy-approved schedule... that would be beyond terrifying to her. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

The only way the daughters will marry is if they find a local GYM (or not so young in Sarah's case) with the last name Maxwell who has already lost his own father, imo of course.

• Upvote 3

The Maxwell daughters will never leave the compound because Steve is a Grade A  narcissist.  There are no males in his daughter's demographic that are as godly as Steve and thus there are no men who are worthy of marrying his daughters.   

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Daughters = free slave labor in Maxhell. That is all.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Recently our convenience stores had peach Sprite. There has also been mango Pepsi. And most recently orange sorbet Coke. I asked them when we would have peach Coke? And now, here's the "what's more likely". We get to buy peach Coke or one of the Maxwell daughters gets married? Let's have fun with that. Yes, fun. Poor fun-phobic Steve.

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Daughters = free slave labor in Maxhell. That is all.

That's why I fear for the ABCD girls, Ruthie, Lydie, Lizzie, and Calia.  That they will end up like their Maxwell aunts.

• Upvote 7

On 7/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, Foudeb said:

I don't think Sarah *wants* to get married. In theory yes sure, she's been brainwashed into believing that's the only thing she's allowed to aspire to. In practice... this is a woman who is genuinely scared of being alone in an airport. Leaving compound forever, being alone with a man she is not related to, being left without a mummy-approved schedule... that would be beyond terrifying to her. 

I agree that Sarah has been raised to see marriage and children as the only adult goal she can have for herself.  But at the same time, her parents, and her father in particular, have limited her life to the point that she will not realize it.  This has been accomplished in multiple ways: lack of real education, work experience, never leaving the family compound, supporting her fragile mother when she can't cope, taking care of other people's children, social contacts limited to family and people from the conferences (which are over), believing her father's tripe that everything outside of Maxhell is bad.   

I think Steveovah and Terri have a lot to answer for as parents.  They raised a child, instilling certain aspirations in her but at the same time, instilled limitations and put ideas in her head that will ensure it does not happen   I think they may have genuinely wanted that for Sarah when she was little but the idea of her getting married and moving is one thing, the reality is another so when Sarah is older, then it's oh no, no one is good enough, we need her to dust ceiling fans, take care of the kids in the family, how will Terri cope, etc. So now we have someone who is so limited that she is like a child....in her 30s. 

• Upvote 15

I think if Steve were to die the brothers would quickly tire of looking after their sisters, free childcare notwithstanding, and set them up with some nice GYM who, no matter how godly, would never have met Steve's criteria. Or, in Sarah's a GMiddleAgedM

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I think if Steve were to die the brothers would quickly tire of looking after their sisters, free childcare notwithstanding, and set them up with some nice GYM who, no matter how godly, would never have met Steve's criteria. Or, in Sarah's a GMiddleAgedM

Sarah's best hope is a GWidowedM with a full quiver of underage children.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, VVV said:

and a vasectomy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

I admit, looking for the "Sarah Maxwell is courting!" Banner is why I check FJ and the Titus2 blog. All I ever get is pictures of extended family mulching a yard or eating at Steve and Terri's big ass dining table though. I'm hoping if this announcement is ever made, there will be an airplane carrying a banner above my house letting me know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I admit, looking for the "Sarah Maxwell is courting!" Banner is why I check FJ and the Titus2 blog. All I ever get is pictures of extended family mulching a yard or eating at Steve and Terri's big ass dining table though. I'm hoping if this announcement is ever made, there will be an airplane carrying a banner above my house letting me know. 

I don't expect to see a Sarah Maxwell Courting announcement...they'll keep it hush hush until she's married like they did with Joseph.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

On 7/13/2019 at 3:45 AM, dripcurl said:

Why does this thread exist?

Maybe it's kept alive because others, like myself, cling to a faint sliver of hope that one day, just maybe we will be allowed to witness the video tutorial on how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, VVV said:

That’s what Andrea Reins did ?

• Upvote 6

I don't think any of the girls are capable of carrying on a conversation with a boy or a man.  I'm sure they giggle and blush when even speaking with their own brothers.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s what Andrea Reins did ?

That's exactly the situation I had in mind. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, VVV said:

That's exactly the situation I had in mind. ?

The only single fundie widower I can think of is Kelton’s dad. And he’s been widowed for a decade. I’m wondering if he’s just waiting until his youngest is grown to remarry or date. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, littleblueheathen said:

Maybe it's kept alive because others, like myself, cling to a faint sliver of hope that one day, just maybe we will be allowed to witness the video tutorial on how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter.

FJ will crash for days if that ever happens. :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

On 7/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, usmcmom said:

I think Steve has deliberately kept his daughters from courting/marrying because:

He cannot give up control of his three female offspring/cult members.

Teri cannot manage the household without them.

Any children they might have would not be Maxwells.

Teri cannot stand the stress of planning and hosting a wedding.

To allow his daughters to marry would be to rob his sons of their on-call nannies. 

I believe Steve hates and fears the world more than he loves his children and this “sheltering” of his daughters is just one way that manifests itself.   

All of this is completely true about Steve. I couldn’t have said it better myself. 

• Upvote 1

My partner moved in with me at 33 this month.  I'm 29 and I'm her first.  We're both women and not fundie (though raised evangelical in different ways).

What's considered middle aged?  

I'd put 38 at middle aged, but not 33.  That could just be personally seeing middle age as something I'm not "that" close to.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, raspberrymint said:

I'd put 38 at middle aged, but not 33.  That could just be personally seeing middle age as something I'm not "that" close to.

My mom always says, "Old is 10 years older than I am." So, I guess "old" is 92 now. :pb_wink:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

What's considered middle aged?  

1. I'd put 38 at middle aged, but not 33.  That could just be personally seeing middle age as something I'm not "that" close to.  

The rules are different in Fundiedom though and the usual timescale doesn't apply.  There are Fundies out there who think that a encouraging sixteen or seventeen year olds to marry is perfectly acceptable, or even desirable. Even among the less extreme, a25 year old fundie woman who isn't married off with at least a kid or two is considered a late starter and a 33 year old is definitely past her prime. Hell, in some circles, it's normal for a 33 year old to be only a year or two from being a grandmother.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My mom always says, "Old is 10 years older than I am." So, I guess "old" is 92 now. :pb_wink:

I'd probably say that old was 30 or maybe 40 years older than my age.  At that rate, I won't be old until I'm 94 or even 104.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

My mother decided she was old at 89.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2