IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

15 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

So Carvan is currently in my area and it both intrigues and weirds me out that I could see them during their trip, even though the possibility is really unlikely. However, I am glad we haven’t gotten an announcement yet from them and am hoping this trip doesn’t cause an announcement in the future. 

I'm glad there's no announcement yet too, but that coffee post made me wonder. I hope there's no news for many months but won't be surprised when it inevitably arrives in all its blur-fest, instagrammable glory. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I donated my wedding dress too. I was never a huge fan of it in the first place. I just bought it because it was one of the only dresses I could find that had sleeves. I hated strapless and that was basically all they made back then. It was annoying as hell to dress shop for something no one had.

• Upvote 7

On 8/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, WiseGirl said:

I like the idea of children using a dress for play or donating the dress.

My mom had her wedding dress cut and turned into my sister and I's baptismal dress. And her veil cut for our first Holy Communion. 

I'm no longer a practicing Catholic, but I still love this idea. 

Edited by Casserole
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I donated my wedding dress too. I was never a huge fan of it in the first place. I just bought it because it was one of the only dresses I could find that had sleeves. I hated strapless and that was basically all they made back then. It was annoying as hell to dress shop for something no one had.

I had a hard time finding a dress with sleeves. I ended up going with a strapless dress and then putting a lace top over it. 

• Upvote 2

I feel like an announcement is coming soon.  She looks fuller in the belly in that dress in Charleston than she did a month or so ago.  It could be the post-marriage happy eating and I’d never make a comment about someone’s appearance/weight except in the case of the Duggars and Bates because, well, that’s what they do - get married and have babies.  I can’t imagine Carlin being bold enough to use birth control and they’re young and likely having lots of sex which inevitably will = baby, probably sooner than later.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I might've said this before, my mind isn't too sharp due to thyroid issues, but my oldest is getting married in a month. She wanted to go the affordable route so we checked out a bridal consignment shop and she got a beautiful dress for $130. I was super impressed. She was the only one there and had their undivided attention. Super cool experience and I hope our other two daughters try it out too if they ever get married.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 6

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

:greetings-waveyellow:Hi!  I'm a fellow misophoniac (is that even a word?)  I always just thought I was crazy until I happened to stumble upon a NYT article recently.  Sucks, huh?

It does. I know that I would go off the deep end with one of these families like the Bates or Duggars. There would be fewer children in those groups because I would go postal living that close to that many people and hearing them eat, chew, breathe, etc.  all day and night.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I thought she was pregnant ever since that UP tv video when they were lying on the couch.

Her wedding didn't get much attention since Jessa Duggar's baby was born like 2 days after that. (And of course, a lot of people were already over it after 1000 cheesy staged "we're engaged y'all!!" Instagram posts. ) She posted a bunch of wedding pictures when Willow was born, but with so much going on everybody was like meh, already oversaturated with fundie announcements...

So my guess is she wants that US/people cover and is waiting for the right moment to announce.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

More pictures on instagram of the wedding. There is one of all the girls in bathrobes praying. All those matching bathrobes and a prayer. That one was strange to me. I've done a lot of things as a bridesmaid in my years. Donning matching robes and praying wasn't one of them. Of course, all my friends are heathens... :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

More pictures on instagram of the wedding. There is one of all the girls in bathrobes praying. All those matching bathrobes and a prayer. That one was strange to me. I've done a lot of things as a bridesmaid in my years. Donning matching robes and praying wasn't one of them. Of course, all my friends are heathens... :confusion-shrug:

My bestie's wedding included pics of us all in our robes drinking beer out of bottles. She works for a brewery so it was part of the theme. It was a fun wedding. Presents from the couple to the attendants included bobble head dolls of ourselves. 

• Upvote 10

On 8/25/2019 at 6:31 AM, squiddysquid said:

I thought she was pregnant ever since that UP tv video when they were lying on the couch.

I agree.  I think she’s been pregnant since June.  Laying  on the couch, eating ice, modeling only high-waisted dresses and jeans with baggy t-shirts.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2019 at 8:01 PM, Casserole said:

My mom had her wedding dress cut and turned into my sister and I's baptismal dress. And her veil cut for our first Holy Communion. 

I'm no longer a practicing Catholic, but I still love this idea. 

I like to use wedding dresses (donated, thrifted, whatever, )to make burial garments for babies who were stillborn or passed shortly after birth.   I read an article about a stillborn infant being buried in a paper bag because the family could .not afford an outfit; I couldn't get that situation out of my mind.  I also make small blankets for the isolettes in our local NICU.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:56 AM, GoddessOfVictory said:

I read about a Darwin award one time where the bride jumped into a pond while wearing her dress. The fabric got saturated with water, became extremely heavy, pulled the bride under, and she drowned. The photographer who was there to document the bride's "trash the dress" moment couldn't save her.

Ever since I read that story, I shudder at the thought of anyone trashing their dress in water.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 32

8 hours ago, Granwych said:

I like to use wedding dresses (donated, thrifted, whatever, )to make burial garments for babies who were stillborn or passed shortly after birth.   I read an article about a stillborn infant being buried in a paper bag because the family could .not afford an outfit; I couldn't get that situation out of my mind.  I also make small blankets for the isolettes in our local NICU.

As a former NICU mom, thank you for this. Our daughter was kept warm during her week in NICU thanks to the blankets and hats that volunteers like you lovingly made for the babies to use. We actually still have two of the hats she used while there (they look so small now!) and just looking at them makes my husband and I remember how loved and well cared for we felt during that time. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

12 hours ago, Granwych said:

I read an article about a stillborn infant being buried in a paper bag because the family could .not afford an outfit;

For the first time ever on FJ, this brought tears of sorrow to my eyes. (I've had plenty tears of hilarity)

Edited by Bobology
clarification
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

16 hours ago, Granwych said:

That’s where I donated mine. I wasn’t in love with my dress but I imagine the lace would make a really pretty baby gown. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s where I donated mine. I wasn’t in love with my dress but I imagine the lace would make a really pretty baby gown. 

some gowns are just too much, either lace, ruffles, sequins, etc.  The simple gowns work out the best.

there's a hospital in Colorado, I believe, that accepts donated tiny clothing, blankets, and Angel pockets.  To be used in taking photographs for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, the wee garments are used by an organization that has volunteer photographers to take pictures of stillborns and newborns who survived for a very short time

There is also an organization called Tiny Tears.  Volunteers sew tiny diapers and hats for Angel babies.  (Please forgive me if I mentioned this already, senior moments are kicking in.)

• Upvote 11
  • Love 5

I know we don't speculate about whether a person is pregnant by looking at the stomach area because it makes the posters on here nuts.  And starts the whole OMG you can't do that thing.  So, I would just say that Carlin has been posing at the batessistersboutique.com and today she is in a blue dress and maybe everyone wants to go look and make their own determination

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Granwych said:

some gowns are just too much, either lace, ruffles, sequins, etc.  The simple gowns work out the best.

there's a hospital in Colorado, I believe, that accepts donated tiny clothing, blankets, and Angel pockets.  To be used in taking photographs for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, the wee garments are used by an organization that has volunteer photographers to take pictures of stillborns and newborns who survived for a very short time

There is also an organization called Tiny Tears.  Volunteers sew tiny diapers and hats for Angel babies.  (Please forgive me if I mentioned this already, senior moments are kicking in.)

There was an under layer of satin with the lace just on top so hopefully they could use it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I know we don't speculate about whether a person is pregnant by looking at the stomach area because it makes the posters on here nuts.  And starts the whole OMG you can't do that thing.  So, I would just say that Carlin has been posing at the batessistersboutique.com and today she is in a blue dress and maybe everyone wants to go look and make their own determination

Pregnant. Another honeymoon baby. Damn. Not trying to be rude about it. This is just the reality they live in.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1

9 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do we really need to invite people to go scrutinize Carlin's body? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Do we really need to invite people to go scrutinize Carlin's body? 

RIght?  And this way is just driving more traffic to their site. 

She's probably pregnant because she's a Bates.  It's also normal to gain weight after getting married. I personally don't think she looks any different. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

I don't know if she's pregnant or not, and I don't especially care.

What I do know is that in every. single. picture. of her this summer on social media, she's either wearing something empire-waisted or loose around the belly. Knowing that it's Carlin, who thrives on attention, she may just be keeping things ambiguous to deliberately drive speculation.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Not to mention tagging the pictures with pregnancy and maternity friendly phrases ... which is how one of the other sisters subtly drove up speculation before announcing recently. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I was thinking, If Carlin is pregnant, one of the reasons she and Evan hasn’t made an announcement could be out of respect for Joy and Austin’s loss. Joy already has several sister’s in law delivering around the time she would have had her daughter - having her best friend mentioned everywhere (and people would surely be inconsiderate enough to mention it on Joy’s social media) could really be too much.

Also, if when Carin announces a pregnancy Joy will have to congratulate them on social media and that will probably be easier for her if some time has passed. If Carlin is pregnant now, waiting to announce makes perfect sense: it leaves Joy with more time to heal somewhat before having to discuss her best friend’s pregnancy and it drums up more anticipation and speculation.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic