IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

I think “Sexy but respectful” means the same as “Christian Risqué.” Maybe Ken will drop by and clear it all up for us. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

One of my favorite aunts, now passed, had a heart of gold. She was what I imagine a Christian should be. She helped anyone in need. She visited people who were stuck in their home for whatever reason. There were always strangers and friends around her table. She volunteered in numerous places. She raised her kids and loved her husband. She was so, so funny and learned ventriloquism after her kids were grown so she could entertain children in church, schools, hospitals etc. 

And then, after 48 years of marriage, her husband confessed that he had been having an affair with a girl from high school their entire marriage. My aunt was shattered. She called my dad (her brother) and he and my mom and her kids helped her with the fallout of lawyers, selling the house and belongings etc. My uncle had secretly incurred a ton of debt and in the end, my dear aunt was left destitute - living in poor government housing and relying on assistance. My parents and each of her children told her they wanted her to live with them, but she believed in her God and that there were other plans for her. 

A few years down the road she met a man at her church and soon were dating. They eventually got married - both in their early 70s at this point. He was good and kind and made her happy. He'd buy roses on the 14th day of every month because they got married on the 14th. They were married 16 years when he died. On the 14th day of the month after he died, roses were delivered. This gentle man had made private arrangements to have those flowers delivered every month until his beloved wife joined him on the other side. They were even delivered when she was in hospice care at the end of her life. 

This is the kind of love that Lori and most of her followers don't have, nor are they capable of. No rules. No strings. No Bible verses. Just pure love. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 45

For Lori but she needs more wine and less judging.

003C4FAC-C63F-4107-AF8D-3BE16A367581.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Y'all better make sure your communication is sexy, apparently. 

So like , "forgive me father (of my children) for I'm about to sin"? 

Gah Lori really is airing her BDSM fetish all over the place. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

One of my favorite aunts, now passed, had a heart of gold. She was what I imagine a Christian should be. She helped anyone in need. She visited people who were stuck in their home for whatever reason. There were always strangers and friends around her table. She volunteered in numerous places. She raised her kids and loved her husband. She was so, so funny and learned ventriloquism after her kids were grown so she could entertain children in church, schools, hospitals etc. 

And then, after 48 years of marriage, her husband confessed that he had been having an affair with a girl from high school their entire marriage. My aunt was shattered. She called my dad (her brother) and he and my mom and her kids helped her with the fallout of lawyers, selling the house and belongings etc. My uncle had secretly incurred a ton of debt and in the end, my dear aunt was left destitute - living in poor government housing and relying on assistance. My parents and each of her children told her they wanted her to live with them, but she believed in her God and that there were other plans for her. 

A few years down the road she met a man at her church and soon were dating. They eventually got married - both in their early 70s at this point. He was good and kind and made her happy. He'd buy roses on the 14th day of every month because they got married on the 14th. They were married 16 years when he died. On the 14th day of the month after he died, roses were delivered. This gentle man had made private arrangements to have those flowers delivered every month until his beloved wife joined him on the other side. They were even delivered when she was in hospice care at the end of her life. 

This is the kind of love that Lori and most of her followers don't have, nor are they capable of. No rules. No strings. No Bible verses. Just pure love. 

What a special person your aunt must have been, and that is so heart-warming to learn that she had such a special husband when she re-married.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Just read the comments on today's blog.

I'm calling it now - Elias is a Poe. Montesqueiu too. 

Wonder how many of her other fanboys are trolls?

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed signature.
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

What a special person your aunt must have been, and that is so heart-warming to learn that she had such a special husband when she re-married.  

Thank you. She really was so very special. We all miss her very much.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

What a shattering betrayal.  Good on your aunt for having the courage and conviction to leave 1st husband in the dust. I am sad to say that there are at least a couple of women I know in my family who would have stayed with him only because they had been together so long already.  Stories like this give me hope for a renaissance for these relatives.  

• Upvote 10

Does Lori really think women "put out" for their bosses?  It enrages me that she can't distinguish between a husband/wife relationship and an employer/employee relationship.

put_out.thumb.JPG.a95a84be6ab2fd50dd5545b4d7b68964.JPG

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 10
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

1EF63478-F8EB-4454-9E21-4B62A41AC396.thumb.jpeg.9a2eb3d21bfab4b489f6070472990ade.jpeg

a godly women SHOULD teach women what to expect from their husband. 

God, Lori’s “I only teach women” is such a ridiculous fig leaf. She commiserates with men about what to expect from their wives ALL THE TIME. And she actively teaches women to expect NOTHING, which is very different from simply refraining from teaching them what they should expect.

I just don’t understand how someone can be disgusted and offended by mutual kindness and mutual pleasure. She just has to “correct” this woman for enjoying her lovely marriage.

2 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Does Lori really think women "put out" for their bosses?  It enrages me that she can't distinguish between a husband/wife relationship and an employer/employee relationship.

Gross! I can’t tell if she means “put out” as in sex (which is its top and most obvious meaning) or if she’s using it metaphorically to mean prioritizing work stuff on the fly, like working late. Either way it’s bizarre.

While of course an extreme devotion to work—like those cautionary tales of executives missing their kids’ baseball games and bedtimes—can indeed be sad and regrettable (like anything taken to an extreme) Lori applies this extreme to any kind of work at all (except her daughters’ and daughters-in-law’s work—and sexy bathing suits—which are somehow still holy *scratches head*).

And somehow men working multiple jobs and never seeing their wives or children doesn’t harm their families. **confused**

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 17

3 hours ago, Petronella said:

God, Lori’s “I only teach women” is such a ridiculous fig leaf. She commiserates with men about what to expect from their wives ALL THE TIME. And she actively teaches women to expect NOTHING, which is very different from simply refraining from teaching them what they should expect.

Gross! I can’t tell if she means “put out” as in sex (which is its top and most obvious meaning) or if she’s using it metaphorically to mean prioritizing work stuff on the fly, like working late. Either way it’s bizarre.

I love it when she says "God COMMANDED me to teach women."  Of course it was only Paul not God,  and since he lived around 2000 years ago he wasn't COMMANDING Lori Alexander in 2019 to do anything.  But I'm sure it puts some purpose in that purposeless life of hers to say God COMMANDED her to do something.

Yes, "put out" is an odd way of saying that.  I'm sure if she's called on it she'll pretend to be little Miss Innocent and say she had no idea that's what that term meant.  I mean this is the woman who swears she had no idea what oral sex was until the 1990's when the Pres. Clinton affair hit the news.  She was sure no one had ever had it or heard of it before then.  Or so she said.

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

I just don’t understand how someone can be disgusted and offended by mutual kindness and mutual pleasure. She just has to “correct” this woman for enjoying her lovely marriage.

While of course an extreme devotion to work—like those cautionary tales of executives missing their kids’ baseball games and bedtimes—can indeed be sad and regrettable (like anything taken to an extreme) Lori applies this extreme to any kind of work at all (except her daughters’ and daughters-in-law’s work—and sexy bathing suits—which are somehow still holy *scratches head*).

And somehow men working multiple jobs and never seeing their wives or children doesn’t harm their families. **confused**

It’s perfectly okay, though, for a regular Joe to have to work 2 or 3 jobs(missing a lot of games and bedtimes)so his wife can stay home.

Or, what you just said. ?

Edited by smittykins
Note to self: read entire post!
  • Upvote 9

Today the UnGodly Mentor is yammering on about parents, and who is to blame if children aren't 'godly.'  She quotes Carl Broggi, whoever the heck that is, saying:  "Maybe you know Christian couples whose children turned out badly. Let me ask you a question: If the parents aren’t to blame, then who is? Is society to blame? Is God to blame? Does God tell us in His Word that children are a blessing only to make them residents of hell and fuel for the fire? Does God give us, as parents, children and then does He not give us the power to raise a godly heritage? Is God so impotent that He cannot fulfill the counsel of Proverbs 22:6 that if we train up a child in His way, they will turn out well?…The responsibility for raising godly children is on the parents.”  So, Lori (since we know you read here, at least occasionally), whose 'fault' is it when your adult children aren't living their lives exactly the way you 'God' no, I had it right the first time, YOU  want them to?  

Don't get me wrong here, whenever I see evidence that Lori's children are thinking for themselves, and not just blindly following her way, I'm cheering them on.  :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: But I can't imagine that Lori is happy about her inability to control every detail of their lives anymore.  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

No, Lori.  What is sad is that you think everything is an exchange ... I'll give you this in exchange for that.  No mutuality in that.  Notice she never refers to sex as "making love".  It's "putting out" or "satisfying HIS need, or doing your godly duty.

Since she compares husbands to bosses ( this assumes all women have male bosses,, but that's another issue entirely) ....  Lori seems to view sex as something you "put out".  It is not a couple who have sex ... there is not mutual desire ... it is just:  men want sex so much more than women do and women put out because they don't really like sex?  Yeah.  Sounds like Lori has not had much fun in the bedroom.  And when she is not in the mood, it's 10 minutes and lube.   It's just another trade off. 

I wonder how any man or woman can live that way.  I think all this obsession with sex is due to the fact that it is seen as sinful and wrong in most circumstances.  Then, they get married and they are supposed to change a lifetime of shaming and be fine.  It doesn't work that way.

• Upvote 18

On yesterday's doodle -- her mental stereotype of young unmarried women, who should sit at home, cook, and pray.  Hope that Mr. Godly Right comes tripping up to your front door by a miracle.  I would wager the majority of young women are either in school or working a job.  I don't know where she gets her information that they are sitting at home, watching tv or movies, eating junk food.  I'm mentally scanning the young unmarried women I know -- manager/hairdresser/make-up artist at an upscale salon; manager at a child care center; studying agriculture with the goal of owning a farm/ranch; just graduated as an engineer; just graduated nursing school; working at Universal Studios as a dancer/performer.  My list could go on, but not one of the young women I can think of sits home day after day waiting to clean up after Prince Charming's horse.  Maybe I don't know the right people.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

My list could go on, but not one of the young women I can think of sits home day after day waiting to clean up after Prince Charming's horse.  Maybe I don't know the right people.

The only person I 'know' that does that is Jana Duggar.   Every single other person - male and female - I have known do things like work and go to school.  I have no clue what lala land Lori lives in, but I hope she's happy there.  Too bad she's making, and really enjoying making,  other people feel less than because they don't live in her privileged world.  She is such a sadist.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

The only person I 'know' that does that is Jana Duggar.   Every single other person - male and female - I have known do things like work and go to school.  I have no clue what lala land Lori lives in, but I hope she's happy there.  Too bad she's making, and really enjoying making,  other people feel less than because they don't live in her privileged world.  She is such a sadist.  

Sadly, my cousin's daughter is basically sitting at home doing nothing. She got a degree in English and education which she finished in December. She subbed this last school semester including an 8 week maternity leave to end the year. Her mother told me in April she decided she doesn't like teaching based on that, so she was not going to look for a job. She sits at home and watches anime and tweets and doesn't seem to be looking for any kind of work. 

I've posted elsewhere about her and her brother. Religion is not the issue. Overbearing parents who can't let go are the issue. And I doubt she's waiting for Prince Charming to ride up to the door as her parents's take on dating is that it is dangerous and their kids (27 and 24!) are still too young. Never mind that they dated and the mom was 24 when they got married and had the son by 27. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 10

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

her mental stereotype of young unmarried women, who should sit at home, cook, and pray.  Hope that Mr. Godly Right comes tripping up to your front door by a miracle.  I would wager the majority of young women are either in school or working a job. 

I think she was referencing the video she shared earlier in the week. It was a slap down of some Youtuber she stumbled onto who was 28 and wasn't married yet and hoping to meet someone.  

ETA:  It was from this post (which contains a link to the video) https://thetransformedwife.com/her-greatest-desire-is-to-come-home-to-someone/?fbclid=IwAR0YTKfhWv1HPwxVzuXn018Eq6nJtCospsZMx2i2uRAfJzX-ATwcXpG68fE

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

F4436C49-F632-46D6-8D98-D4E1E05F589D.thumb.jpeg.b75b56c3798c0fa95293df9a99fb5af3.jpeg

my parents raised us to be Christian adults. To fear god and all of that. I put on an act that I believed but I never truly did. Only my younger brother is a Christian. He doesn’t go to church though, works and goes to school. My older brother believes in god but he believes he’s a dick. That god set us up to fail. I’m an atheist Jew, my mom was born and raised in a Jewish home and got saved in her twenties. My parents didn’t fail us. My mom may think she did but she didn’t. It comes down to this. No one really knows the truth. Everyone believes their truth is the real truth. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Today the UnGodly Mentor is yammering on about parents, and who is to blame if children aren't 'godly.'  She quotes Carl Broggi, whoever the heck that is, saying:  "Maybe you know Christian couples whose children turned out badly. Let me ask you a question: If the parents aren’t to blame, then who is? Is society to blame? Is God to blame? Does God tell us in His Word that children are a blessing only to make them residents of hell and fuel for the fire? Does God give us, as parents, children and then does He not give us the power to raise a godly heritage? Is God so impotent that He cannot fulfill the counsel of Proverbs 22:6 that if we train up a child in His way, they will turn out well?…The responsibility for raising godly children is on the parents.”  So, Lori (since we know you read here, at least occasionally), whose 'fault' is it when your adult children aren't living their lives exactly the way you 'God' no, I had it right the first time, YOU  want them to?  

Don't get me wrong here, whenever I see evidence that Lori's children are thinking for themselves, and not just blindly following her way, I'm cheering them on.  :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: But I can't imagine that Lori is happy about her inability to control every detail of their lives anymore.  

I do think parents are responsible to be good role models and teach their children about God and right and wrong. Parents play a part in how their children turn out, but in the end, the child will make his/her own choices. 

All we can do is guide them and pray.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I do think parents are responsible to be good role models and teach their children about God and right and wrong. Parents play a part in how their children turn out, but in the end, the child will make his/her own choices. 

All we can do is guide them and pray.

My kids are not religious at all. They were taught about right and wrong, respect, consent, and how to be a kind, decent person. There were some rough patches there, but while none of them are religious, spiritual or anything like that, they are kind, respectful, decent people that I'm beyond proud of. I don't really think religion has anything to do with raising children who live out the golden rule. They learn that from how their parents treat people. Actions speak a helluva lot louder than words. You may try to teach them with words, they learn more from actions. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

Children eventually make their own decisions. My older brother made the decision to be an alcoholic asshole. Recently called my mother to tell her that he probably wouldn't let her see the grandkids because we're awful people. The boy doesn't even have his kids, his ex does and she says we can see them whenever. Then there's me, a person who has a Master's degree and a full time job.  My younger sister is a store manager, engaged, starting a baking side business, and finishing a degree. 

That being said, some parents are shitty and neglect their kids by sending them to their room for hours; beating them for hours; shaming them at every turn; making them force their emotions down;unequal education opportunities because of sexism..... *cough cough Lori* 

In regards to the couples counseling, I've done it before and it's difficult. But it's my job to try and help both people feel safe and heard. Some counselors aren't great at it but I get the feeling some of the men on her page would feel attacked if their spouse said one negative thing about them. They just don't want to get called out on their behavior. 

• Upvote 11

Hi, all! I've just finished catching up on the Lori threads -- the last one I had read was #4, so it took a long, long time! And, man, was it repetitive -- the Horse of Truth and Mrs. Horse of Truth are the ultimate one-trick ponies.

So, bear with me, because I may have a lot to say! First, some quickies (ew), on the lighter side:

On 6/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, Koala said:

Respexy?

I like it! I think you've coined a new word. Everybody sing! R E S P E X Y! Find out how to thrill your guy!

On 6/5/2019 at 4:58 PM, SongRed7 said:

Can we switch gears and discuss my "favorite" fan girl  Flicka for a minute? Why do I believe most of her stories are in the category of "Things that never happened for $500, Alex?"

I bet Flicka has a very expensive, very constipated fish.

@klein_roeschen, I love it when your avatar makes it look like your very cute dog is sipping wine:

image.png.1c1581c4a30040137ec7aa21f04e6ca8.png

There was a "how old were you when Star Wars came out?" drift at some point -- I was in my 20s. I only went to see it because (under a spoiler because I bet @PennySycamore and @Hane , and possibly some other folks, can complete this sentence without looking) . . .

Spoiler

Alec Guinness was in it.

The discussion of a royal misspelling (which was repeatedly made by Lori and Lori-lovers who want to teach!) inspired me to make this:

Spoiler

2128261700_Iwanttobeatudor.thumb.jpg.e0bbba100440f6453e0fc2c3d0315444.jpg

I apologize to anyone who frequents the Lori threads and the JRod threads for my frequent use of the word "slather" when describing how Jill puts on makeup. I didn't know it was making people gag due to Lori's butter. Blather and slather girls, the two of them!

Speaking of Lori's butter, I will end with this, and hope it gives you a chuckle. A supermarket that sends me e-coupons had one for a fancy butter they are now carrying. I had no interest in it at first, but the combination of the coupon and reading the Lori threads finally got to me, I think! It was for $1 off of a $4 purchase -- worth a try.

The butter is sold in wedges that are cut and packaged at the store, like a fancy cheese, so it was easy to find one that was just over $4. After I tried it (it was very good, but I don't think I'll shell out the money again), it occurred to me that I had no idea how much it cost per pound. I checked the label, and  . . . it's $19/lb. Yes, you may all mock me for buying butter that is even more expensive than Lori's!

I did, however, only use it in a light, thin layer -- no slathering. That small wedge may last me a long time!

I'll tackle the serious thoughts later.

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic