IGNORED

Courtney Rogers wrote an article (update: Pregnant w/ the 12th C Kid!)

SolomonFundy

18 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Thanks, I didn't have all of their middle names. 

It looks like she listed them in order too. 

Those are a lot of last names in there. I’m guessing they are a lot of family last names. 

• Upvote 2

Thank goodness it is only a post about their middle names!!! This thread having new posts in it had me worried there for a second!!!! 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

Thank goodness it is only a post about their middle names!!! This thread having new posts in it had me worried there for a second!!!! 

I think she might hate breaking her perfect dozen of 6 boys and 6 girls. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Courtney says the internet rumor is that she doesn’t buy her children Christmas gifts. I’m positive we’ve never said that on FJ. We’ve always seen some gifts for birthday and Christmas. It’s weird the internet would say that when there’s proof she buys them stuff.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 10/15/2022 at 4:25 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she might hate breaking her perfect dozen of 6 boys and 6 girls. 

Let's hope so!!

• Upvote 2

Courtney shared on IG that Caris  #11 had a seizure and had to be taken to the ER. They are away from home visiting relatives in some other state (North Carolina perhaps?). Caris seems to be okay now and is on medication. Must be scary.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

From what I’ve read about her condition, I believe seizures are common. I think they may have been expecting them. This is her first and hopefully they don’t become a regular thing. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t like the looks of this response. If she’s done, she should have said it. This seems open ended. 

B7139896-B5F8-4947-9B6A-2457991031F8.jpeg

I thought the same. Looking at it from the bright side, she's not pregnant yet ;-). I've never really thought they're done, although they should.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Courtney's youngest recentley turned 1. No pregnancy announced yet, so at least the spacing will be a bit more reasonably, in case she does have #13 eventually.

• Upvote 3

I didn’t think she would stop, but maybe her body is just slowing down. Though other super fertile women like Kelly Jo and Michelle didn’t really slow down much, stayed pretty consistent until menopause. Or peri I guess.

• Upvote 2

Her oldest just turned 13 too. She has a perfect dozen. 6 girls and 6 boys. She may not want to ruin that perfect dozen and have 13 and an uneven amount of boys vs girls. 

• Upvote 3

She now needs to remove "#12under12". 😅  Hopefully there won't be a 13 for new hashtags.  She would then also have to change #cheaperbythe dozen, maybe to #bakersdozen...🙄 

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

I ventured onto Courtneys instagram today and saw she had 12 kid emojis (or whatever one calls those things) and 3 angels..... 🤔 just wondering since when there have been three....?

• 4 weeks later...

https://nypost.com/2021/11/20/mom-of-11-gets-social-media-backlash-for-not-using-contraception/amp/

This article from 2021 mentions Courtney having had three miscarriages so I don’t think those three angel emojis are new. I am a bit curious though whether they actually are done or if she just hasn’t conceived yet. Considering how fertile she has seemed to be I find it surprising if they are trying unsuccessfully although I at the same time find it surprising if they prevent.

• Upvote 4

I had hoped that her perfect 6 boys and 6 girls dozen would convince her to be done.

• 2 months later...

I found this on her Instagram. She might actually be done. But would they really prevent another pregnancy? 

Screenshot_20230922_123447.jpg

She also added the Hashtags #specialneedsmom and #cerebralpalsy to her posts

Screenshot_20230922_124221.jpg

Edited by flowergirl

37 minutes ago, flowergirl said:

I found this on her Instagram. She might actually be done. But would they really prevent another pregnancy? 

Screenshot_20230922_123447.jpg

She also added the Hashtags #specialneedsmom and #cerebralpalsy to her posts

Screenshot_20230922_124221.jpg

If her husband says no, he’s the one who wears the condom. So I would say yes, they would prevent. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I only follow Courtney casually on her Instagram, but I get the impression she's content with the decision to stop with the baby making train.

Their child with CP is their second-youngest and has a lot of appointments and therapies. Courtney is pretty good about making sure she gets her treatments (at least compared to JillRod and Janessa) but it definitely takes her time and effort to parent a special needs child properly, and Courtney seems to realize that yet another baby might tip over that house of cards.

If there was no special needs child, the situation might be different. But she's got her perfect dozen with 6 boys and 6 girls. Her delivery for #11 was traumatic and the delivery for #12 wasn't easy either. There are plenty of good reasons for her to be done.

Of course, we now get to see if the effectiveness of their birth control methods lines up with their stated choices....

• 4 months later...

Her youngest, Cambria, just turned two. Of course I think it’s good that they’ve decided to not have more kids, but one thing that came to my mind is: Did they ever say “as many as God gives them? Did they ever admit to being quiverful?