IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

Felicity will be mini Jeremy, appearance-wise, mark my words. The older she gets the more Jeremy and the less Jinger I see in her.

I'm all for the next generation breaking free from Jim Bob's ultra-powerful genes.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

It helps that Jinger is the least Duggar looking. Duggar of them all :)

Not really, in my opinion. She is the one that looks more like Michelle, and in my view, most of the Duggar children look like Michelle, only a few of them look like JB.

Jinger looks a lot like Josie, Hannie and Joy to me. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Not really, in my opinion. She is the one that looks more like Michelle, and in my view, most of the Duggar children look like Michelle, only a few of them look like JB.

Jinger looks a lot like Josie, Hannie and Joy to me. 

I agree. Jinger is all Duggar.

Of the girls, Jennifer looks least like a Duggar to me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I agree. Jinger is all Duggar.

Of the girls, Jennifer looks least like a Duggar to me.

Actually she's more Ruark (Michelle's dad.) JD is definitely all Ruark.

• Upvote 4

Of the girls, Jinger looks the most like Michelle to me. Jill looks a lot like JB to me, and Jessa takes after his side of the family as well. Joy and Jana are more combos.

Most of the Duggar boys are very Michelle/Ruark family (see that tragic hairline and hair loss at a young age). I've included a picture of Grandpa Ruark below and so many of the boys take after him. It's hard for me to keep track of the Howlers, but only Jeremiah and Justin come to mind as taking more after JB. The other boys, for the most part, look like cookie cutter Ruarks to me.

The more Ruark-like family members have more circle-shaped faces, wider-set and big eyes, and a prominent brow bone with not a lot of space between the brow and the eye. See Grandpa Ruark below-- looks just like John David. But you also see a lot of Josh, Josiah, Joe, and Jed. Jill's son Samuel has these eyes and looks like a generic boy Duggar baby as if Michelle could've birthed him, in my opinion. Jinger's Felicity has these eyes too. For the girls, I see these genes especially in Jinger, Johannah (who looks a lot like Josh to me), and Josie (who looks a lot like Jinger to me).

image.png.f1ecd085d077955320f971a0be30645b.png

The more Duggar-like family members have long, long faces (hello, Jill) and a less strong brow bone. Their eyes are closer set, cheekbones maybe a little more prominent. Obviously they don't have the terrible hairline because we know where that comes from. Hard for me to say where the pointy chin comes from on some of the kids like Jessa. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually she's more Ruark (Michelle's dad.) JD is definitely all Ruark.

I think Jinger and Jed favor one another, and have strong Ruark genes. Josie also favors Michelle. 

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Of the girls, Jinger looks the most like Michelle to me. Jill looks a lot like JB to me, and Jessa takes after his side of the family as well. Joy and Jana are more combos.

Most of the Duggar boys are very Michelle/Ruark family (see that tragic hairline and hair loss at a young age). I've included a picture of Grandpa Ruark below and so many of the boys take after him. It's hard for me to keep track of the Howlers, but only Jeremiah and Justin come to mind as taking more after JB. The other boys, for the most part, look like cookie cutter Ruarks to me.

The more Ruark-like family members have more circle-shaped faces, wider-set and big eyes, and a prominent brow bone with not a lot of space between the brow and the eye. See Grandpa Ruark below-- looks just like John David. But you also see a lot of Josh, Josiah, Joe, and Jed. Jill's son Samuel has these eyes and looks like a generic boy Duggar baby as if Michelle could've birthed him, in my opinion. Jinger's Felicity has these eyes too. For the girls, I see these genes especially in Jinger, Johannah (who looks a lot like Josh to me), and Josie (who looks a lot like Jinger to me).

image.png.f1ecd085d077955320f971a0be30645b.png

The more Duggar-like family members have long, long faces (hello, Jill) and a less strong brow bone. Their eyes are closer set, cheekbones maybe a little more prominent. Obviously they don't have the terrible hairline because we know where that comes from. Hard for me to say where the pointy chin comes from on some of the kids like Jessa. 

This is fascinating.  I wish you could do my family, I'm so bad at this stuff.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

On 3/27/2019 at 6:46 PM, luv2laugh said:

@MathQueen I remember your original first post. The moment I read it, I completely agreed with you and have thought about it any time I come across Jeremy's instagram. I have to say, I really hope you are wrong about Jeremy becoming a pastor at GCC but I believe you are right about that as well. John Macarthur cannot resist a pastor with a huge built-in fan following. After all, hiring Jeremy means more money for him. Some people interview others wanting to know the answer to the question "How can you make me more money and make my job easier?" Jeremy is Macarthur's answer to that question. More of Macarthur's books would be sold and there would be an instant, fresh following.

Some multi-page tracts have become litter throughout our neighborhood.  I think they must have been placed on cars, since to entice someone to read the tract, it says:  "Don't Even Think About Parking Here."  I've been picking the litter off the sidewalk for proper disposal, when it occurred to me to figure out who was distributing them (thanks, FJ!).

It is a group called "Grace to You," gty.org, which is run by John MacArthur, which in turn led me to this thread.  It's always interesting when one thing leads to another.  ☺️

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

@CTRLZero perhaps rather than you disposing of them. Gather them all up and pop them in an envelope and address them to the "Grace to You" group only don't pay for a stamp. They will then get stuck with the cost of postage. 

• Upvote 11

On 4/25/2019 at 4:58 AM, libgirl2 said:

I have sent out texts and only saw an autocorrect error after I hit send. 

My best friend has been really struggling with singleness lately. I messaged her after I knew she had had a particularly stressful day. I meant to say “did you survive? Are you still alive” but it autocorrected to “are you still alone?”

I felt terrible!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 7

That giant blue bow is an abomination. It looks like the stuff one would use to gift-wrap an Easter egg. Poor Felicity!

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

That giant bow is an abomination. 

at least she can use her hands now I wasn't sure they were ever going to take those mittens off her LMAO

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

at least she can use her hands now I wasn't sure they were ever going to take those mittens off her LMAO

They had the surgery to remove her extra fingers so it's all safe now ? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Coming from the south, I am really torn on the whole big bow thing. Since I don't have any daughters I have not gotten to try this out (though Little Outta two is trying my patience with his hatred of hats, it is not warm enough yet to go without). That being said I think this whole little outfit is really cute and well put together and the bow looks nice with it. I would hope they let her pull it off if she doesn't like it (not holding my breath though). Any bow is also infinitely better than the giant flowers, those really do look bad to me.

• Upvote 7

I have love for all things girly and frilly. Baby pictures of myself include lots of dresses, ruffled socks, headbands, bows, etc. My mom had a lot of fun with it. Now that I'm an adult, I almost exclusively wear dresses, but not because anyone forced me to. If I were to have a girl I'm sure I would put her in ridiculous bows. Granted, I think the difference is that the Duggars may want to signal to the world "THIS IS A GIRL!!! DON'T GET HER GENDER CONFUSED!!!" and my mom just did it because she thought it was cute. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

I like small bows on babies, but I think bows that are half the size of the baby's head are a tad too big. 

Also, I know we have had this discussion a thousand times (sorry..), but I'm confused. Most people wouldn't put a bow on a boy's head, but bows in the form of bow ties are okay. People also wouldn't put bow ties on a girl, but hair bows are okay? It just seems a bit arbitrary?

• Upvote 11

23 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I have love for all things girly and frilly. Baby pictures of myself include lots of dresses, ruffled socks, headbands, bows, etc. My mom had a lot of fun with it. Now that I'm an adult, I almost exclusively wear dresses, but not because anyone forced me to. If I were to have a girl I'm sure I would put her in ridiculous bows. Granted, I think the difference is that the Duggars may want to signal to the world "THIS IS A GIRL!!! DON'T GET HER GENDER CONFUSED!!!" and my mom just did it because she thought it was cute. 

That’s why I kind of roll my eyes when the Fundies do it. I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt to most parents because I’m guessing they mostly just like the way it looks. People are free to do what they want so long as they respect their kid once their wishes are known (like if your kid is constantly pulling it off or crying when it’s on.) Fundies are a special case though because they place such a ridiculous emphasis on gender norms. It’s absolutely possible these parents do honestly like the way their babies look with bows and headbands and I have no issue with that - it’s the fact that they have this incessant need for everyone to know that their kid is either a girl or a boy and there’s no room for anything in between that bothers me. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I mean if the kid hates something, they're going to let you know. And I agree, for sure stop doing a bow or anything for that matter if they hate it and it's unnecessary. For instance, I dressed my boys in matching Easter outfits because I'm me. I fished out my toddler's old sandals from infancy and put them on the baby so they'd have on matching sandals. Toddler never minded those little brown sandals, but my little one hated them. He laid in the floor and cried pitifully. I looked them over - they fit, nothing was hurting him, nothing was in the shoe. Yet, he continued to be upset. So I plopped both boys in the recliner shoes and all, took a few pictures, and took those sandals right off. I got my memory photo and we'll never mention those sandals to the baby again. Message received. We'll revisit the shoe concept at a later time. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

When my GD was 3 she wanted earrings. She lives in a country where they pierce all BGs’ ears at birth, but my daughter had opted out. So, she got her ears pierced in the US, and a few weeks later one earring fell out. And said GD would not allow anyone to put it back in and the hole closed. Fast forward 2 years and she was still sporting the 1 earring look (refused to allow anyone to remove the other earring). My daughter finally told me that if I was concerned with the uni-earring look, I needed to take her to get the ear re-pierced. So last week, while I was visiting, I did just that. Ok the piercing place was sketchy, and my Spanish is less than 100% proficient, but mission accomplished. During the procedure my husband whispered in my ear, “when we get home we need to douse that ear in alcohol”. We did!

ETA- of course the earrings do not match as I is the piercing earring and the other something different. Oh well, baby steps. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Confused 4
  • WTF 5

I put bows, headbands, hats etc. on my baby. She has never minded and I love how it looks. Like others have said- it’s all about choice. If she cried or ripped them off, okay then we are done with them (except maybe the hat, hahah. Gets chilly here). But I don’t use bows the size of Texas and I’m not doing it to scream “look she’s a GIRL!” I think it’s just a personal preference. 

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

more Lissy pics 

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

That first picture...Nice curtains, oh and look, there's a cute baby here too I guess. 

THEN it hit me. The picture is meant to say, We have friends wealthy enough to have large historic homes! Envy us!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

People also wouldn't put bow ties on a girl, but hair bows are okay? It just seems a bit arbitrary?

With the exception of bras and jock straps all sartorial cultural things are arbitrary.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

That’s why I kind of roll my eyes when the Fundies do it. I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt to most parents because I’m guessing they mostly just like the way it looks. People are free to do what they want so long as they respect their kid once their wishes are known (like if your kid is constantly pulling it off or crying when it’s on.) Fundies are a special case though because they place such a ridiculous emphasis on gender norms. It’s absolutely possible these parents do honestly like the way their babies look with bows and headbands and I have no issue with that - it’s the fact that they have this incessant need for everyone to know that their kid is either a girl or a boy and there’s no room for anything in between that bothers me. 

Exactly; even with fundies whose dress philosophy is a bit more modern, that dogma is hard to unlearn. (You know there's a little JillRod in the back of their mind preaching about how girls shall not wear that which pertaineth to man!!!!!! Or else terrible things will happen!!!)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic