IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 63: Teacher of Foolishness

In The (un)Godly Mentor's attempt to discredit the Proverbs 31 woman (yes, Lori, we can see that you're just trying to get our attention off of a part of scripture that contradicts your point of view), we see an example of cherry-picking at its not-so-finest.  Has Lori forgotten that women are easily deceived, and shouldn't be trying to understand the Bible with their poor little woman brains?  

123043.jpg

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A man with many children is also blessed with many bills....

re: godly older women in church.  In my experience, people are drawn to them because of their loving and spiritual ways. Others seek out their advice or just want to chat with them because they make you feel uplifted. I say this as someone who is not religious.

This is from yesterday's post.

Trey *really* wants someone to fear him. This is not the first time he's mentioned this. The poor guy is worn out from trying to find a woman who will treat him with a mishmash of fear, respect and affection. They are hard to find, I guess. Are any of you single ladies interested in having a fear-based relationship with Trey?

So strange that only his mom wants anything to do with him, and even she makes him live in the basement.

Ladies, do you show your husband “fear mingled with respect and affection”? Do you submit to him “as unto the Lord” and “in everything” (Ephesians 5:22-24)? If not then you are missing out on so many of God’s blessings.

Most of the ladies he meets treat him with a mixture of contempt, disgust and aversion. This is because of feminism, of course.

Today on the Lori Alexander Hour (TV guide version)

"Lori gets handed her hat the second time this week by the creepy men folks on her page after reposting a Dale Partridge post.  Chaos ensues and women and men alike (but MOSTLY men) call Lori out.  Lori starts to back peddle a bit and blames Dale, stating "that's what HE said" (and in a very tiny voice....)"I only reposted it."  Man after man dresses Lori down -- some of whom are actually pastors in the kind of churches Lori endorses that preach her brand of biblical womanhoodTM , until she is backed into a corner and has to call in Ken riding in on his horse.  After blaming the whole thing on Dale once again, Ken writes a 5,000 word explanation of what she REALLY meant (and implies she is right after all along with Dale although he did kinda blame him -- then it just gets confusing).  Then he mentions the word feminist as a diversionary tactic, hoping to draw attention AWAY from his wife.  And with that, Ken hopes he can go back upstairs with or without lemonade** sans a pink or purple straw for some peace and quiet or to book a business trip ASAP (**which he came downstairs for in the first place because his woman was late bringing it to him because she was fighting with folks on the internet) ." 

Seriously, those two need some hobbies.  This has got to be tiring day after day after day after day......

Forget everything in the OT except make lots of babies. She is so illogical. This is what Ken’s post looked like. Blah blah blah blah. More blah blah blah blah.

7 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I just saw some guy who commented (favorably) on Lori’s Insta being followed by Steven Anderson aka PPP aka ZZ’s husband. Birds of a feather... 

And here comes together what belongs together. Or how my mother used to say: It fits like the butt on the bucket.

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

This is from yesterday's post.

Trey *really* wants someone to fear him. This is not the first time he's mentioned this. The poor guy is worn out from trying to find a woman who will treat him with a mishmash of fear, respect and affection. They are hard to find, I guess. Are any of you single ladies interested in having a fear-based relationship with Trey?

So strange that only his mom wants anything to do with him, and even she makes him live in the basement.

Most of the ladies he meets treat him with a mixture of contempt, disgust and aversion. This is because of feminism, of course.

Hell no! If my only prospect for a husband is someone like Trey I would happily join a nunnary that made me sleep on a nailbed and only feds me peas (I hate peas). For men like him it's best they stay single forever. They may spew their hate on the internet, but if you don't want to read his shit, you click on the x in the corner and he is gone.

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Forget everything in the OT except make lots of babies

Don’t forget tattoos! Lori used the old testament as her justification as to why tattoos were sinful in her famous viral video! She’s ridiculous

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

And here comes together what belongs together. Or how my mother used to say: It fits like the butt on the bucket.

Hell no! If my only prospect for a husband is someone like Trey I would happily join a nunnary that made me sleep on a nailbed and only feds me peas (I hate peas). For men like him it's best they stay single forever. They may spew their hate on the internet, but if you don't want to read his shit, you click on the x in the corner and he is gone.

Is the butt on a bucket a German saying? I try to think of something and can’t but love it nonetheless - although in my mind, it conjures a partially funny and partially unpleasant image of our dear Trey with his behind over a bucket... one liter of brain bleach over here, please! *rises hand* 

Honestly, dim-wits like this guy really show why some guys (and women) hate feminism, they’ve got nothing going for them. 

22 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Don’t forget tattoos! Lori used the old testament as her justification as to why tattoos were sinful in her famous viral video! She’s ridiculous

Lori’s condemnation of tattoos is, on top of everything else, racist. In some areas around the word, namely Polynesia (and possibly others I don’t know about) tattoos are an expression of culture and heritage. So fuck you, Lori, and fuck your hideous ideas. 

5 hours ago, Evangeline said:

There really are! To me, they represent the very best of what a church community can be - the older lovingly guiding and supporting the younger. Lori, on the other hand, represents the worst of what church can be - people who have no real interest in Jesus or making the world a better place, who just use church to try to kick people when they're down. The godly older women of whom I speak are like warm campfires. They don't have to seek out people to mentor. They don't need to push their advice on people. They just shine and people are drawn to them. Lori has to shove herself and her views on others because nobody seeks her out, and nobody wants what she's selling, except, unfortunately, the very insecure and fellow busybodies. She knows happy and secure people want nothing to do with her, so she claims it's because they're ungodly. No, Lori. Everyone wanted to be near  Jesus. He couldn't eat, sleep, preach, or travel without crowds. Lori is a cold, lonely shrew, who only has what she takes by force or guilt. 

The bolded is just lovely.

i think Lori harps so much on working mothers not being good mothers because she wants an excuse for her staying home. I’ve known great stay at home moms and bad ones. Working doesn’t equal bad parent or working dads would be bad parents. Having a career doesn’t mean you don’t value children. I value children so much I know I don’t want them and I’m doing everything I can to prevent myself from having them. Doesn’t mean I wouldnt love them if I had them. 

I think Lori is trying to downplay the proverbs 31 women because deep down she knows she worked outside of the home and you can’t have that. Women also can’t work inside of the home if they want to be like Lori. You must hire a maid and a nanny. But the nanny can’t raise your kids only you can. 

Lori harps on working women because she is lazy, she couldn’t handle teaching with just one young child (and so believes no one else can either)! and because she’s not happy unless she is bullying someone. I’ve said before, if the Bible required women to be the wage earners, Lori would be the world’s best atheist. 

Before it’s gone. 

Lori if a women works to help provide for her family or because she wants things doesn’t matter. it doesn’t matter to god either or he would have comainded that women don’t work outside of the home. D7B4AF5C-854D-4966-853D-5AB6F25C2A93.thumb.jpeg.b9eac8d24d861002d1c3b6d14138b373.jpeg

I don't like Lori Alexander's "commander" god.  And her lack of logic and reasoning ability make everything she posts nonsense. It's always fun when the horse comes trotting in with his wall o' words, LOL.

How does working stop you from shopping for deals? I have worked all my life and always seek out deals. AARGH

Oh BTW Lori, Ken is YOUR husband, we don't have to listen to a thing he says.  When he's spouting off on your blog, along with the other men, how exactly is that an older godly women mentoring anybody?

In honor of campfire like church ladies, when I was a preteen and just moved to a new town I met an older lady named Miss Charlotte. She took me and my little sister on and helped us feel comfortable in the church. She gave us birthday presents for a few years, had us help decorate her home for Christmas, and just spent time with us. She was a prayer warrior. She was also freaking awesome. She was divorced from an abusive husband and stayed single afterwards. She took her older sister parasailing when she was in her 70s, traveled to Africa, and was one of the few members that stuck by us when out church abandoned us. 

There was also Miss Virginia, another prayer warrior who spent Sunday mornings before service in the prayer room just praying for people. She was a retired nurse and had a wonderful spirit. She thought to buy me this really pretty bracelet (that I still have) and give it to me for my birthday. Never mind that it wasn't my birthday nor my birthstone color (she was getting older by then and didn't remember as well). I cried when she passed because I got the sense she'd always just be there. 

My grandma, is the center of our family. She spent years working on the Linus project sewing hundreds of blankets for kids in hospitals, making adorably detailed pillow case dresses for orphans, arranging flowers for churches and weddings. And even if we don't always agree there's no denying her servant heart. 

Lori, these are the older women who taught me and I know many more then the ones I named. I honor these women and strive to be like them. They are strong, courageous women who survived some hellish things and still gave it their all. You shouldn't dishonor the women in your life the way you do. 

place.thumb.PNG.44685937f04a6f2375e0d928acb6e0c0.PNG

Umm, no.  Lori, we've all seen you argue with men on your Facebook page- like as recently as this week.  Get real, honey.

But back to her "youtube" that was mentioned upthread.

Lori says,

...And then, Facebook broke down.  It wasn't work anymore.

Can you imagine?!?!  Facebook "wasn't work anymore"! 

***Moment of silence for the 5 seconds Facebook went down***

moment.PNG.20e01f2b505ad18de4bef7266eb1dcb1.PNG

What's a "godly" older woman to do??  After all:

...and that's where I spend the majority of my time, besides my blog, writing my posts.

Catch that?  She doesn't spend a majority of her time caring for her home or her husband.  She spends it on Facebook.  She says so, right in her video (in those exact words).

So what did Lori do?  Welp, according to her, she did all of the things she insists that a "godly" woman should be doing anyway.  

She:

-Worked in the kitchen

-Paid bills

-Cleaned the garage

-Did laundry

So, yeah.  Things that have a tendency to build up when you "spend a majority of your time" on Facebook.

Don't worry, though, Lori has a long term plan to deal with the "time waster" that is Facebook:

In fact, I thought...I told Ken, ummm, a while ago, I said, I think in a few years, I'm just gonna shh cut down you know, shut down all my all my social media, and just write for my blog...

She's gonna take care of it...in a FEW YEARS.  ?

She concludes:

...so let's practice being moderate in everything.

...so let's keep...ummm... our priorities in order, okay? 

But we all know the truth. 

Facebook:

that's where I spend the majority of my time

Lori get off social media?  ?? I'll believe it when I see it.  She is addicted to Facebook.   

Lori, if you're reading this, do a 30 day Facebook detox.  It'll help you see your addiction very clearly.

Well done @Koala, well done!   Ken has accused Lori's detractors of digging up stuff and twisting her words to try to discredit her.  No, Ken!  Here words are right there in plain sight.  She tells us exactly who she is all the time. No doubt about it. 

Lori has never met a godly older woman who was willing to teach younger women?? 

I think Lori's problem is that she is so childishly literal. She believes that to be true because nobody actually came up to her and said "I am a godly older woman. Let me teach you."  She cannot comprehend the idea of learning by example, feeling someone's kind spirit, watching from afar and emulating that woman. I can guarantee you that no overwhelmed young wife has watched Lori in church and wanted to learn from her, which is why, in the past, she actually asked women "Would you let me mentor you?"  

Like many of you, I have found lots of amazing older women in church. Not one of them ever tried to be a "mentor" to anyone. They just went about their business of being kind and helpful and so became mentors by their actions, not by some agreement. 

16 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori has never met a godly older woman who was willing to teach younger women?? 

I think Lori's problem is that she is so childishly literal. She believes that to be true because nobody actually came up to her and said "I am a godly older woman. Let me teach you."  She cannot comprehend the idea of learning by example, feeling someone's kind spirit, watching from afar and emulating that woman. I can guarantee you that no overwhelmed young wife has watched Lori in church and wanted to learn from her, which is why, in the past, she actually asked women "Would you let me mentor you?"  

Like many of you, I have found lots of amazing older women in church. Not one of them ever tried to be a "mentor" to anyone. They just went about their business of being kind and helpful and so became mentors by their actions, not by some agreement. 

Agreed! I have had the privilege of having several older women, who have come alongside me and have mentored me (they still do to this day). These women were just themselves, they didn't sugarcoat anything, and they were just themselves.  Some are married, single, divorced, have kids and some don't. Through them and my own mama, I learned what it truly means to be a godly woman who is far from perfect. (Looking at your Lori A) These women, I hold so close to my heart. Yes there is a huge age gap but I can't imagine my life without these influential women.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, EowynW said:

I have a brand new bread machine but now both of us have to be gluten free so I haven't been able to use it. ?

Its a thought and not sure where you live either. At my local grocery store, they carry a brand called Bob's Red Mill. I think they make gluten free bread mixes!

So I went to college and became more angry because I now process emotions a little better and don't shove them in a mental box. Getting away from family drama helps a lot lol. But I also started seeing the injustices in the world. It's why I advocate for sexual assault survivor awareness now, because sexual assault makes me angry. But there is righteous anger, Jesus experienced it and made a whip and knocked over tables. WWJD and all that. 

But I'm also nicer, more settled in who I am as a person. So idk Lori once again you got me all confused. Should I not be a more emotionally healthy person?

Since God apparently just gave women brains, vocal cords, and a clitoris as a mistake, and since they shouldn't actually use them besides knowing how to take care of a baby, do chores, let a penis enter them whenever it wishes, be literate enough to read the Bible (not understand it, just ask your husband) and calculate a grocery budget, Lori should really be advocating for lobotomizing daughters and removing their vocal cords. She basically is in so many words anyways. Also pretty sure Elias would enthusiastically lobotomize and chop a women's vocal cords if given the chance. 

4 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Since God apparently just gave women brains, vocal cords, and a clitoris as a mistake, and since they shouldn't actually use them besides knowing how to take care of a baby, do chores, let a penis enter them whenever it wishes, be literate enough to read the Bible (not understand it, just ask your husband) and calculate a grocery budget, Lori should really be advocating for lobotomizing daughters and removing their vocal cords. She basically is in so many words anyways. Also pretty sure Elias would enthusiastically lobotomize and chop a women's vocal cords if given the chance. 

Yep, Stepford Wives for real is their ideal.  Lori Alexander is so dumb, she thinks dialoging with a man is not feminine. It's her blog, not church! Femininity does not equal stupidity. She's fake and performative anyway, there's not a truly deferential bone in her body.

Okay I might be crazy but did Lori delete some of her arguing with men over the Psalms 31 thing? I feel like she replied. She also replied to men on the vax post right?

When my mom and I would discuss our time in fundydom and decisions my parents made, she would say they did what they thought was best at the time. She acknowledged they made mistakes and said they used those as learning experiences. This is what Lori is incapable of doing. I and most of my friends are trying to work out our lives the best we can, day to Day. We don’t have time to worry about leggings and tattoos. We wish the best for our friends who are working or staying home. When I look at what some of what my friends and family are facing, I pray for strength for them. Again, something Lori doesn’t seem to be able to do.  

People carry an aura, some are glowing with goodness. If you look at the screenshot above, Lori’s aura is sour like she’s sucking on a lemon.

I think Lori is tired of dealing with the Proverbs 31 lady and her nasty habit of buying fields and making things for market. Feminists keep bringing that up and she doesn't know what to say! 

So she says:

1. The Proverbs don't matter! It's the OT. We are not under the Law.

2. If the Proverbs *do* matter, please cherry pick Proverbs 31 and only notice the part about how she "looketh well to her household."

3. Proverbs 31 is just a guideline, not a commandment, except the parts Lori approves of (see #2) .

4. All the same, it's really important to know that "considering a field and buying it" means "respectfully asking her husband for some money for vegetable seeds and planting them her backyard."

5. Also, sewing things for market means "sitting in her home 24/7 sewing, with her children nearby, then her husband takes them to the market to sell"

On other topics, she says:

1. We are not under the Law, so ignore Leviticus and all it's laws

2. Don't ignore Leviticus when it talks about homosexuals, though. That part's important.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived