IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 4: Please Leave the Catholics Alone and Now Gestating

Coconut Flan

I actually like the name Willow. However Willow  Kristy Balka is a tiny bit of a mouthful but obviously I understand the meaning behind it! 

I will say at first and even second or  third glance I was confused by their outfits and the ballon colors and the girl announcement. Kelton is wearing two shades of blue. Josie has a blue and white dress. The balloons looked a grey/blue for a second. I’m nitpicking but it’s interesting to see not a drop of pink for a ITS A GIRL!!! Photo 

A252DC49-7A55-4461-99AC-D28DF35EEF02.png

• Upvote 10

Bates are having all girls and Duggars have some blue sperm going on. Hell, it’s going to be easy to matchmake in 20 years.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 27

Was his mom's name actually Kristy or was it Kristine/a? Nicknames as legal names are a big pet peeve of mine (let the kid decide!) but if it's a namesake I can see it. Not a big deal either way since it's just the middle name.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I actually really like the name Willow. My husband didn’t like it much so we won’t be using it, but there’s something that just sounds really musical about it to me. And I think it’s touching that they wanted to honor his mother’s memory by using her first name for their daughter’s middle name.

Same here! I loved it my husband was not a fan.

2 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I actually like the name Willow. However Willow  Kristy Balka is a tiny bit of a mouthful but obviously I understand the meaning behind it! 

I will say at first and even second or  third glance I was confused by their outfits and the ballon colors and the girl announcement. Kelton is wearing two shades of blue. Josie has a blue and white dress. The balloons looked a grey/blue for a second. I’m nitpicking but it’s interesting to see not a drop of pink for a ITS A GIRL!!! Photo 

A252DC49-7A55-4461-99AC-D28DF35EEF02.png

I think this photo is from their sex reveal party. They likely wore blue because they both were expecting the baby to be a boy. The gray ballooons confused me too though.

First Bates grandbaby name I actually like (more like LOVE). She really is following into Alyssa's footsteps.

Lots of little girls for the Bates, I bet Carlin's first will also be a girl.

• Upvote 4

I also really like the name Willow and my husband didn't care for it (What's up with all these husbands hating on Willow??) Willow Kristy is cute, the flow isn't perfect but I always think sentimentality trumps flow. Willow Balka is really nice.

Josie was the one who complained that by the time she had a baby all the good names would be taken but personally I think she picked the best girl baby name yet!

• Upvote 11

I like the name Willow and think it goes well with Josie’s established “boho” style. Not crazy about the combination of first and middle names but think it’s very sweet that they are paying tribute to Kelton’s mother in that way. 

I was very interested to see what Josie named her child, since she was hilarious in a talking head with Carlin after Brooklyn’s name was announced. I believe she said something like “it isn’t fair, by the time all these people have all their millions of kids, there ain’t gonna be any names left for us”. It was hysterical and obviously quite memorable. 

• Upvote 10

I like Brooklyn and Zoey's names. Well I actually live in Brooklyn, so naming a kid that would just open her up for teasing (went to school with a Brooke Ellen, a lot of teasing happened). The others Kaci, Allie, Lexie are too nicknamey for me. I would prefer Alexandra and having the option of Allie and Lexie. Which are really nicknames for the same exact name. I find that weird. Willow is waaaaaaay too hipster for me. But Josie likes those things so it works for her. 

• Upvote 11

I find this hipster-evangelical trend so strange. In my godless corner of Los Angeles, Willow is a name you hear all the time at my local Whole Foods. I grew up in the midwest around a lot of fundies. The fundie kids I knew either had  biblical names (Elijah, Caleb, Enoch) or names that were trendy a generation prior (Stacey, Lynn, Tabitha). Technology must be democratizing trendy baby names. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

(What's up with all these husbands hating on Willow??)

Willow is a name that my husband actually suggested for our daughter. I vetoed it because that Willow movie from the 80s gave me nightmares as a child.

• Haha 8

I agree that Willow is a pretty trendy name at the moment. But for me it will forever be linked to the classic 1988 Ron Howard movie of the same name.

• Upvote 1

My first thought at the name Willow was Willow from Buffy. Obviously, these people haven't seen Buffy before but in my mind, that's where they got the name from. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

I think Willow is a lovely name. And I think it's just transcending the hipster thing and becoming a lot more mainstream now. I wouldn't bat an eye at a girl named Willow, whereas I would for a girl named, I don't know, Maple (funny story, when I was like 10 I thought Maple would totally be the coolest name for a girl like ever!!!). Willow was ranked #81 in the U.S. in 2017. Funnily enough, Everly, the name of another Bates granddaughter, and a name that I'm hearing all the time now, was ranked #82.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, FundiePrincess said:

I was very interested to see what Josie named her child, since she was hilarious in a talking head with Carlin after Brooklyn’s name was announced. I believe she said something like “it isn’t fair, by the time all these people have all their millions of kids, there ain’t gonna be any names left for us”. It was hysterical and obviously quite memorable. 

I was too for that same reason. 

Just now, singsingsing said:

I think Willow is a lovely name. And I think it's just transcending the hipster thing and becoming a lot more mainstream now. I wouldn't bat an eye at a girl named Willow, whereas I would for a girl named, I don't know, Maple (funny story, when I was like 10 I thought Maple would totally be the coolest name for a girl like ever!!!). Willow was ranked #81 in the U.S. in 2017. Funnily enough, Everly, the name of another Bates granddaughter, and a name that I'm hearing all the time now, was ranked #82.

I didn't realize Willow was growing in popularity. I always liked the name. I looked up Everly after Erin announced Everly's name I hadn't heard that too much and had been surprised since she always seems to pick popular names. I was very surprised when I saw that Everly was up there.

48 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Willow is a name that my husband actually suggested for our daughter. I vetoed it because that Willow movie from the 80s gave me nightmares as a child.

Ha! Like @haroldtheyrefundies I think of Willow from Buffy. Much better association!

31 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Maybe she will go with plants.. Willow, Maple, Buttercup ;)  

I could kind of see her naming another daughter Ivy.

Maybe they'll stick with K middle names as a theme... They can use Kelly/Kellyn and Kelton unless they want a Kelton Jr.

27 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I looked up Everly after Erin announced Everly's name I hadn't heard that too much and had been surprised since she always seems to pick popular names. I was very surprised when I saw that Everly was up there.

Yup, Everly was at the top of our list for our second daughter because it sounds similar to my grandmother's name (she passed away in 2017) but I couldn't commit, partially because of the growing popularity (two other moms in my mom group already had little Everlys). And once I met my daughter I knew that it wasn't "her" name anyway.

• Upvote 3

YALL. YALL. YALL. I can't remember what my official name guess was for bb Balka (I think it was Brynn or Sienna...) but literally my top 4 girl names for Jolton are Brynn, Sienna, Aspen, and Willow! THIS IS THE CLOSEST-TO-CORRECT I HAVE BEEN‼️I've got a great record at guessing the sex (I'm 7/9 on grandDuggars since Israel was born & now 2/2 of the most recent grandBates lol) but Willow is the first time a name that I even considered was right. I'm way too excited about this ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Maybe she will go with plants.. Willow, Maple, Buttercup ;) 

Or more specifically, trees... Willow, Myrtle, Rosa Sharon, Swamp Mallow...

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic