IGNORED

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Jellybean

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@AliceInFundyland, I LOVE the limeade at Sonic.  I'll get it every time.

I like them too. You can put in A LOT of extra limes if you ask. And they make them diet and huge. More recently I’ve had things like ginger lemonade or snooty little squeezed limeades from the natural grocery stores because proximity. Those are good for different reasons.

I found out that Sonic will deliver through the food apps. Delivering fast food for a fee seems a little bit ridiculous. But, without a car I don’t eat much fast food. The limeade is one a handful of things I get a periodic hankering for. Sometime when I am feeling a bit spoiled I’ll probably go for it. I like them so much I usually pass up an ice cream treat for that. Says a lot.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jilly's SOTDRT education strikes again in her latest soup recipe:

I love soups with kale and that are easy to throw together!

Both of my boys eat this soup like the recipe says...

Oh, Jill.  So awkward.

I thought that soup looked familiar! I’ve been using that recipe for years! Yeah, it’s a good, quick soup that hits the spot when it’s cold and wet, but the allrecipes link Jill claimed to have “adapted” it from is the same recipe in a much better format, so I would recommend going here for it instead: 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231287/sausage-potato-and-kale-soup/

34 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Jilly's SOTDRT education strikes again in her latest soup recipe:

Oh, Jill.  So awkward.

I had to read that second one 3 times before I got her meaning. I kept thinking “What? The recipe calls for your boys to eat the soup?” And even for creative grifters like the Dillards, that’s a bit far fetched. 

I was browsing pinterest for ideas for the toddlers at work, and ended up on the 'busy toddler' site that Jill recommended for the boxes for Sam. There's actually so many good ideas on there and I hope she is doing some of those other activities with Sam and Izzy, not just the boxes.

I have a recipe for that soup too. Mine is from Damn Delicious. I love that blog, she has some really great recipes on it, her photos are lovely, recipes are to the season. I have asked for her book for my birthday because she seems like a great one to support. Her Cauliflower Chowder is amazing. Jillymuffin should read there, lots of good stuff.

I'm in my 30s, and went to school (mostly) in the UK, so I think of myself as 'bilingual' between metric and imperial, as we learnt both from the get go, and converting is easy and instinctual for me. Except...

...bloody temperature measurements! When I lived in the US, I STILL couldn't get Fahrenheit into my head, and had to google literally every time I adjusted the AC, or wanted to leave the house. Drove me nucking futs. 

My grandmother made that soup. Nothing new there.

And I like lime in my vodka drinks...and lime candy.

Lime. Lime lime lime lime lime lime lime. Love it. :margarita: It's well below zero (Celsius) where I am so a cold drink is out of the question, but a citrus fix in some form is a must, daily.

I feel sorry for Jill. The gaslighting in Derdork's video was something horrid, and she is well and truly trapped.

56 minutes ago, MadameOvary said:

Lime. Lime lime lime lime lime lime lime. Love it. :margarita: It's well below zero (Celsius) where I am so a cold drink is out of the question, but a citrus fix in some form is a must, daily.

This. I have a bottle of Limoncello in my fridge and now I got the urge to go and pour in the glass. It's only afternoon where I live and the temperature outside is -10 C, but who cares :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Lime and ginger soda or cocktail is amazing! I have a bottle of homemade cordial somewhere that you evil folk have made me want to dig out!

7 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I thought that soup looked familiar! I’ve been using that recipe for years! Yeah, it’s a good, quick soup that hits the spot when it’s cold and wet, but the allrecipes link Jill claimed to have “adapted” it from is the same recipe in a much better format, so I would recommend going here for it instead: 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231287/sausage-potato-and-kale-soup/

I had to read that second one 3 times before I got her meaning. I kept thinking “What? The recipe calls for your boys to eat the soup?” And even for creative grifters like the Dillards, that’s a bit far fetched. 

That's basically Olive Garden's Toscana soup. I make it fairly often as well. 

Now I want to make it again.

Lime? I always say my favorite candy flavor is "green". Lime, apple, watermelon... if it's green it's good. 

My husband asked me to put lime yogurt on the grocery list. I like lime too, but I think it doesn’t really work in yogurt.

10 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My husband asked me to put lime yogurt on the grocery list. I like lime too, but I think it doesn’t really work in yogurt.

Have you had KeyLime yogurt, I love it. But I love most things lime.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Have you had KeyLime yogurt, I love it. But I love most things lime.

Darn you, you had to say 'key lime' and now I want some key lime pie. Until your post I was doing just fine.

18 hours ago, Georgiana said:

We have those!  Most people call them Otter Pops (because that's the common brand name), but I've heard freeze pops as well when I was little. Everyone calls them Otter Pops now though because good luck finding non-Otter Pops freeze pops!

It's Otter Pops where I grew up in Colorado too. I learned when I went out east for school that they're called Freeze Pops there, so it's definitely a regional/geographic thing. The best ones are the ones from Mexico that you get a pack of like 100 for $2, they have the best flavors.

I sometimes call them Zooper Doopers though, ex number 1 was an Aussie and I lived down there with him for awhile, and was getting close to being a naturalized (or naturalised) Aussie right before he went off the deep end and we had to end things. Throw in the being raised by a Canadian and a Hawaii''ian parent respectively (and spending a lot of time growing up in each place respectively) I'm known for throwing all sorts of regional names for different foods out randomly. 

Lime yogurt is the best! I find the citrus-y taste perfectly counteracts the sourness of the yogurt. It's really good.

A couple of years ago we had some sort of casual gathering and my octogenarian dad showed up in royal blue on royal blue sweats. My oldest nephew whispers in my ear, “pa looks like an Otter Pop.” Yep, he actually did. Back in the day the Otter Pops had names and characters on the wrappers.

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Darn you, you had to say 'key lime' and now I want some key lime pie. Until your post I was doing just fine.

I know, I had the same though. 

See, we the people are not opposed to lime. We have key lime yogurt. We have key lime pie. Also, margaritas. 

It’s this candy thing that has gotten to me. There used to be lime jolly ranchers, Sweetarts, LifeSavers, GummyBears, Skittles etc. 

My mom tells me that once upon a time you could buy only lime lifesavers. :( 

Sheesh Jill is every frigging night "date night".  Date night at home, date night taking the boys to Sam's Club. Date night in the drive thru.  You really have no idea what a date is do you?

My husband put in a lime tree last year - we get little cocktail limes off of it.  I like lime in savory dishes like some Mexican meat recipes.  Also lime LaCroix :-). 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived