IGNORED

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Jellybean

29 minutes ago, Markie said:

Jill’s latest Instagram post of Sam helping to make sweet potato fries was cute. I like the face he is making in the first one. 

Here’s the post mentioned:

Izzy and Sam really are adorable little kids when their parents aren’t forcing them to perform for the camera.  

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2019 at 8:23 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I should ask Jill if she's made this yet. 

50333827_10205712369923831_3076970259400359936_n.jpg

I just saw recently that rumor has it that pickle juice is the secret of Chik Fil A's chicken: https://www.thekitchn.com/the-secret-to-chick-fil-as-super-juicy-chicken-is-in-your-pantry-227382 . So maybe this isn't so far out there. My mom makes a pork steak that is cooked with green olives and it is pretty good.

2 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I just saw recently that rumor has it that pickle juice is the secret of Chik Fil A's chicken: https://www.thekitchn.com/the-secret-to-chick-fil-as-super-juicy-chicken-is-in-your-pantry-227382 . So maybe this isn't so far out there. My mom makes a pork steak that is cooked with green olives and it is pretty good.

that is possible, the acidic nature of pickle juice would make the chicken more tender, any acid based brine/marinade would do. 

I hadn't checked in in eleven months, mainly b/c of obsession with political ongoings, and some depression, and a daily quilt challenge that exhausted me, and discovered there have been 20 more Dillard threads. Has Derick written his tell-all yet? ?

The book selection looks better... 

Okay, back to catch-up skimming.

49 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Guess the hashtag. 

Predictable Jill caption is predictable. The photo itself is decent though. It captures what looks like a pretty genuine moment of goofiness between Derick and the boys. 

53 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Guess the hashtag. 

Oh thank god. I hadn't seen an I love you Derek or #best hubby ever hashtag in a week and I was just so concerned it was all falling apart. How are we supposed to know he's the best and they are so in love if she doesn't post it to insta? And look at those fathering skills, I'm just in awe. 

And Deena Dillard (who I’m considering the Famy of the Dillard family) posted this gem:

Hey Deena! I wasn’t aware you and Dan were considering aborting your pregnancy last year, but I’m sure glad you guys made the choice best for your situation though! Wouldn’t it just be horrible if you didn’t have control over whether you got to have that beautiful little baby?! I can’t imagine living in a world where women weren’t allowed to choose to what happens to their own bodies. What a nightmare that’d be, amirite?!

:pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:

And of course Jill would comment:

Spoiler

559FD51B-7A1F-4839-8724-C99E0E575BFB.thumb.jpeg.20fea50e546ae4bbd981c25c5f39f5f9.jpeg

I live in NY and while I have no intention on getting into a political debate, I'm so tired of seeing this shit the past two days. Shut up Deena, nobody gives a shit what your opinion is. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, libgirl2 said:

And then there were crickets......

Do NOT get me started on crickets. I had a bunch of boxes of empties to return to the store and I told the people working there "Look - there is a cricket in one of those boxes? And I cannot touch them until the cricket is found and destroyed... So.. could one of you .. please?" 

And right on cue - the damn thing hopped out and a pregnant store clerk stomped it. PHEW. 

I didn't notice the damn thing was in my car till I was half way there and had to do controlled breathing not to crash the car. I hate crickets.

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

Guess the hashtag. 

#lamestpostever  #mostrepeatedhashtagrepeatedadnauseumever

35 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Do NOT get me started on crickets. I had a bunch of boxes of empties to return to the store and I told the people working there "Look - there is a cricket in one of those boxes? And I cannot touch them until the cricket is found and destroyed... So.. could one of you .. please?" 

And right on cue - the damn thing hopped out and a pregnant store clerk stomped it. PHEW. 

I didn't notice the damn thing was in my car till I was half way there and had to do controlled breathing not to crash the car. I hate crickets.

I fell you, when ds was a few months old, I went into his room to pick him up from a nap and noticed about 5 crickets in the corner of his room. I was TERRIFIED.  I fled my home, with my baby, like I was a freaking refugee from a 3rd world country. Went to my parents house where I stayed for 5 hours, (they had everything I needed for the little man so I didn't even have to think about grabbing his diaper bag, which was over BY the cricket infestation)  until my husband came home and found the cricket NEST (NEST I SAID NEST! DEAR RUFUS) and killed them.  

Now if those crickets had been grasshoppers,  I would be dead. 

The problem is not that Deena Dillard is pro life. The problem is that she is trying to force her choice upon everyone. If she wants to have all the babies that she wants, she can. As long as she and Dan can support them, go on ahead. Does that mean that every woman in the world wants children, feels that way about children, is in a situation where she can afford to have children? Nope, it doesn't. Just because Jill believes that there are many loving homes for kids does not make it so. There are many kids in foster care, there are many that will never be adopted because they aren't what many adoptive parents want. These children deserve to be loved, all children do, and when you are told that you were born because there was no choice, it sucks. 

They are pro-birth because if they were pro-life, they would want all children to have a great quality of life. Which would mean giving women a choice on when to have kids. There are plenty of stories about young Moms and Dads pulling together for their baby and children; there are others where the children are in poverty and get caught in the cycle of poverty. 

So Deena and Jill can both shut up! 

Here’s the post mentioned:
Izzy and Sam really are adorable little kids when their parents aren’t forcing them to perform for the camera.  
I like that she is cooking from scratch.

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I just saw recently that rumor has it that pickle juice is the secret of Chik Fil A's chicken

That's funny.  Some of us have known that for 20 years or more.  :)

Guess the hashtag. 

I think Jill is creating what she didnt have as a child. Derrick may be a jerk with odious religious beliefs, but he does seem to love the boys.

Between "this baby is lucky he was born" and the "I survived Roe v Wade" t-shirts, I wonder if fundie mothers realize that they sound like they're basically calling their kids failed abortions. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I fell you, when ds was a few months old, I went into his room to pick him up from a nap and noticed about 5 crickets in the corner of his room. I was TERRIFIED.  I fled my home, with my baby, like I was a freaking refugee from a 3rd world country. Went to my parents house where I stayed for 5 hours, (they had everything I needed for the little man so I didn't even have to think about grabbing his diaper bag, which was over BY the cricket infestation)  until my husband came home and found the cricket NEST (NEST I SAID NEST! DEAR RUFUS) and killed them.  

Now if those crickets had been grasshoppers,  I would be dead. 

you reaction sounds perfectly reasonable to me. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Between "this baby is lucky he was born" and the "I survived Roe v Wade" t-shirts, I wonder if fundie mothers realize that they sound like they're basically calling their kids failed abortions. 

Probably not. After all, they would NEVER MURDER!!!1! their PRECIOUS BABIES like those heathens, they'd just suffer and die OR make the baby suffer and die OR raise them in complete squalor and starvation because that's the GODLY way rather than, you know, being responsible at any level. And EVERYONE should know that!!! 

Yeah, I think I'm hitting my limit with these fundie posts about what a tragedy it is that a woman can get medical care or prevent her child's suffering.

5 hours ago, xenobia said:

Guess the hashtag. 

Oh look, at almost 2 years old, Sam is finally big enough to wear the shirt Jill inexplicably used for his Jender reveal. 

jill-duggar-gender-reveal-zoom-806238a3-48f4-4182-8622-bb888b25b7b8.jpg

On 1/22/2019 at 9:23 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I should ask Jill if she's made this yet. 

That chicken looks awful even without the green BMs.

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

That's funny.  Some of us have known that for 20 years or more.  :)

Richard Blais of Top Chef fame had the recipe for a Chik-Fil-A clone on his website at one point. 

6 hours ago, xenobia said:

Guess the hashtag. 

I'm just glad to see so many books in their living space. Yes, I realize they're most likely indoctrination books, but at least they have a bunch of them and they are placed down at child's level. Early exposure to the printed word is so so important for good literacy skills which has a huge impact on later success in navigating our adult world. So, gulp, kudos to them for providing books to their little ones.

12 hours ago, Markie said:

Jill’s latest Instagram post of Sam helping to make sweet potato fries was cute. I like the face he is making in the first one. 

That kid is cute. However i honestly think she is trying to up Joy. Joy posted a few pics of Giddy munching on some eggs, Jill commented and it was about her kids. Then next thing you know up pops this. I could be wrong and it really doesnt matter but it was the very first thought i had, competing with her younger sister.

That was such a strange gender reveal. I was surprised that People didn’t ask them to take a cuter/more normal pic for the magazine. When I first saw it I was like okay they bought Izzy a new outfit? (not going to even comment on the cowboy hat). 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived