IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

If anyone had “uses fountain pens and wants everyone to know” on their Jeremy Vuolo pseudo intellectual bingo card, go ahead and mark that square... he perfectly composed that insta photo to display the pen and ink. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I'm irrationally irritated by Jinger wearing that Harvard sweatshirt. Unless you're willing to send your children to proper schools and allow them to choose their own way by providing them with the best possible opportunity to get there that you can afford, take that shirt off. 

9 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Also I'm irrationally irritated by Jinger wearing that Harvard sweatshirt. Unless you're willing to send your children to proper schools and allow them to choose their own way by providing them with the best possible opportunity to get there that you can afford, take that shirt off. 

Many years ago my late uncle told my kids that he went to Stanford. It was in a passing conversation and my kids were very impressed. Seeing their enthusiasm he then went on to explain that it was Stanford Jr High School- LOL

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Many years ago my late uncle told my kids that he went to Stanford. It was in a passing conversation and my kids were very impressed. Seeing their enthusiasm he then went on to explain that it was Stanford Jr High School- LOL

That reminds me of how I was in Windsor for the royal wedding last May! 

Spoiler

Windsor, Ontario, but whatever.

@ElToro,  my granddaughter who is Chinese by birth has albinism (allover albnisim though) and it does mess up her eyes.  Her eyes probably more resemble a white rabbits with her iris being pink.  She has nystagmus, no sun tolerance so she has to wear sunglasses all the time she's outside or where it's bright, and low-vision.  She's legally blind.  For someone legally blind, she loves to draw and is pretty good at it.  She's also interested in design.  

Her sister is deaf.  Recently, they started going to a new church (a UMC) and the pastor's wife is both hard of hearing and low vision and has been since childhood.  My daughter and her husband do love the new church and I think the pastor's wife helps a lot.

3 hours ago, mpheels said:

If anyone had “uses fountain pens and wants everyone to know” on their Jeremy Vuolo pseudo intellectual bingo card, go ahead and mark that square... he perfectly composed that insta photo to display the pen and ink. 

I freaking love fountain pens. My brother bought me a special fancy one for Christmas. 
Darn it, now he's posing something I love. It's an attack!

4 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Especially a HARVARD shirt. One of the most prestigious schools out there. She’s trying to establish some fake connection to the school to seem super intellectual. It just irks me that she’s wearing an Ivy League shirt as opposed to another school since she’s clearly trying to promote herself with name recognition.

And she’s posing with a book while wearing the sweatshirt. Ugh that makes it worse. LOOK AT ME!!! I CAN READ!! THAT MEANS I CAN GO TO HARVARD TOO!!

3 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Especially a HARVARD shirt. One of the most prestigious schools out there. She’s trying to establish some fake connection to the school to seem super intellectual. It just irks me that she’s wearing an Ivy League shirt as opposed to another school since she’s clearly trying to promote herself with name recognition.

And she’s posing with a book while wearing the sweatshirt. Ugh that makes it worse. LOOK AT ME!!! I CAN READ!! THAT MEANS I CAN GO TO HARVARD TOO!!

Or, like, maybe her new favorite baggy sweatshirt is the one her BIL gave her so it’s ending up in a few photos. 

I know that the BIL works at Harvard doing audio visual stuff or whatever, but with the way Jinger and Jeremy are constantly trying to present themselves as polished, intellectual, and ~not like other fundies~, I can’t dismiss their wearing the Harvard sweatshirts in photos as “they just think they’re comfy.”

They want people to associate Jeremy with intelligence, someone worth admiring and following. They want people to make assumptions. 

That photo of Jinger screams "Baaaaaaaaaaaabe dressed me up like his paper doll and posed me." 

You can tell Jeremy spends wayyy to much time staging his “I’m an Intelectual” TM pictures. 

Spoiler

D948A800-E832-43C5-B25F-989E1F765BAD.thumb.jpeg.c0587a91c970c560cf099a4fe249ea76.jpeg

0E37AAB6-DBA9-45F2-B55C-82500463ACB6.thumb.jpeg.0fb33bd51c872a74a370de93cea4605f.jpeg

5D759235-2B74-4991-9AC6-DBF51ADB0530.thumb.jpeg.8326369526c1b1a324e88ed1e513e0ea.jpeg

7C4CCCBA-15E3-4C4E-9CDB-CA6044A78F07.thumb.jpeg.974a14dca1862a8c783804b0110e70ed.jpeg

Btw, the G3 conference, in which Jeremy is speaking, starts tomorrow, so they’ll be flying to Atlanta soon (as I was writing this Jeremy posted a pic on the airplane). Yet another trip. 

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@ElToromy granddaughter who is Chinese by birth has albinism (allover albnisim though) and it does mess up her eyes.  Her eyes probably more resemble a white rabbits with her iris being pink.  She has nystagmus, no sun tolerance so she has to wear sunglasses all the time she's outside or where it's bright, and low-vision.  She's legally blind.

Ah! My boy is a little 'nystagmite' too and is visually impaired. Everyone thinks he is so cool cos he wears his shades all the time ? 

Back to our wannabe theologian. Jeremy's delusions of 19th century grandeur are hilarious... Inkpots, leather-bound volumes, mahogany on every surface... What's next? Britches, monocles and slavery...?

13 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I'm beginning to hate them both based almost entirely on their insipid, fake Instagram posts. They are so stylized and manufactured and vain. I actually find them both far more irritating that the Dillards. The Dillards are two idiots, you sort of roll your eyes anytime they do anything, but at least they don't present a fake front like these two.

THIS! OMG, if these too get any more pretentious I'm going to barf.  I honestly don't know what is worse Jill's horrific attempts at being a human or JinJer and their perfectly Intagramed lives. 

48 minutes ago, ElToro said:

Back to our wannabe theologian. Jeremy's delusions of 19th century grandeur are hilarious... Inkpots, leather-bound volumes, mahogany on every surface... What's next? Britches, monocles and slavery...?

I assume Jeremy has elbow patches.  Has he thought about taking up pipe smoking? 

Jinger and Jeremy just try waaaay too hard. They never give it a rest. They’re constantly hammering the same message: we aren’t normal fundie bumpkins, we are perfectly dressed, well travelled because we post a photo every time we get on a plane, we take pictures while reading books so obviously we are smart, we drink coffee so clearly we are busy and modern, Jeremy is important because he goes to conventions and other pastor things, and you should see our camera rolls because for every Instagram post there’s 300 outtakes. 

They’re the most annoying Duggar couple on insta and it’s not even close. 

55 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I assume Jeremy has elbow patches.  Has he thought about taking up pipe smoking? 

you will love this. 

i have my late grandfather's pipe :D 

he died thirty years ago - and smoked for i think 70 years before he died at 80 

so I do think if my math is correct have his dna going back what a 100 years?? 

it's somewhere tucked away 

21 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I wonder if people are confusing Thieves which is an essential oil MLM versus Thrive which is just an organic food subscription. 

Nope. Thrive and Thrive Life are both known MLM’s. They’re listed under Reddit’s r/antimlm master list of MLM companies. Thrive Market, however, appears to be unaffiliated with either. 

@AtlanticTug Have they said for sure they’ll be homeschooling? If so, I feel like it is weird to be wearing a Harvard Sweatshirt. Idk anyone who wears college merch unless they or their kid were a student there. 

Jinger and Jeremy make me feel so weird. It feels like they’re poorly imitating my peer group. Those illuminated bibles are exactly the sort if thing Mr. Blessed and I would have on our shelves if we were Christians. We’re amateur book collectors and we have several beautifully bound, illustrated copies of our old favorites. Jeremy’s instagrams are a little bit in the style of a few “bookstagram” accounts that I follow. Plus most of our friends occasionally instagram what they’re reading. It feels like he’s sending out a weird bat signal to people like me that says “We’re similar!” It almost works, but I know in reality we’re not similar at all. He enjoys the aesthetic trappings of intellectualism while promoting a fundamentally anti-intellectual way of life.  

11 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

@AtlanticTug Have they said for sure they’ll be homeschooling? If so, I feel like it is weird to be wearing a Harvard Sweatshirt. Idk anyone who wears college merch unless they or their kid were a student there. 

People do that all the time at least around where I live. In the Southeast United States college football is more popular than the NFL. On a school trip to Boston I noticed that Harvard sweatshirts were actually a very popular item for street vendors to sell. Or Hahvahd sweatshirts as they called them. 

14 hours ago, mpheels said:

My fucking God I read fountain penis

52 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

People do that all the time at least around where I live. In the Southeast United States college football is more popular than the NFL. On a school trip to Boston I noticed that Harvard sweatshirts were actually a very popular item for street vendors to sell. Or Hahvahd sweatshirts as they called them. 

Agreed.  The Duggars love to wear U of Arkansas gear, even none of them (save future Supreme Court Justice Derick) attended the U of Arkansas.

I find the love of wearing college sports apparel especially common in states (Arkansas, Alabama, Nebraska, etc) that lack a local major league sports team to root for.

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

THIS! OMG, if these too get any more pretentious I'm going to barf.  I honestly don't know what is worse Jill's horrific attempts at being a human or JinJer and their perfectly Intagramed lives. 

I can’t decide either. On one hand, Jill’s Instagram just seems real, I guess? Like I don’t get the impression that she’s posing everyone perfectly all the time. That has worked for her occasionally - like when her boys are shown acting like normal kids - but it’s also backfired spectacularly (see the discussion about the chair photos for an example.) And when they’ve tried getting the kids to perform it’s backfired too because it just comes across as so weird and forced. 

But then you have JinJer, who do clearly put a good deal of thought and time into their social media presence. For the most part it’s worked out well for them because they still get a ton of positive feedback online. But I agree that I do get the sense that they’re trying too hard to appear a certain way - I think people are correct about them wanting to appear as different than the rest of her family. I’m guessing part of this is because Jeremy has no intention on staying at GCC Laredo forever and branding themselves as photographic intellectual Christian Hipsters now could eventually help move him elsewhere later. 

I don't think any of the Duggars or Bateses instagrams show a complete picture of their lives. There’s likely good and bad aspects in all of their private lives. 

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

Oh yeah, I always forget about college football! I guess that’s not that weird then. 

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Agreed.  The Duggars love to wear U of Arkansas gear, even none of them (save future Supreme Court Justice Derick) attended the U of Arkansas.

I find the love of wearing college sports apparel especially common in states (Arkansas, Alabama, Nebraska, etc) that lack a local major league sports team to root for.

I'm in WI and everybody here wears Badger apparel (and we have the Packers and the Brewers to root for). At one time I had like 5 Badger sweaters in different colors and I can probably count on one hand the number of games I have actually watched. I really would love to go to a live game someday but honestly it would mostly be to watch the marching band (I played the flute in my high school's marching band). Idk why but I like passively supporting my home state teams ?‍♀️

I'm waiting for the Jeremy in a sweater vest picture, myself. The hallmark of any sophisticated intellectual.

“Ooh I’m Jeremy, I’m so smart and intellectual, I read big books and write all my notes (including my anti-social justice manifesto) in fountain pen”. Dumbass. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived