IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

Fake Christmas trees can be very pretty and only take minutes to set up. I'm a single working feminist and managed a tree and pretty decorations in a very thrifty way. Seriously dollar store garland (it is a bit thin), dollar store ornaments and fairy lights make for a very pretty banister. Added some dollar store colored Queen Anne's lace to the tree for elegant pops of color. It can be thrifty and pretty. Come on Lori don't let the feminist out female you. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the video (without the sound because I can't stand to hear Lori talk) and couldn't believe that is all she decorated for Christmas. It was a couple towels, a few flowers, and a little bit around the fireplace.  It's still just so plain and boring and obviously something she could do in less than 30 minutes so she could get back to deleting on the internet.

Did she seriously just show off a stain on a towel that her grandson made? While somehow "bragging" about her coconut oil chocolate? 

I almost want to do a running poll or bet or something to see how many days in a row she mentions coconut oil.

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Was it organic chicken? Did you clean up the "chicken juice" with a norwex cloth? Did the pot pie filling look like cat yak? No? Well, then you must hate god and his ways!!

I blasphemed on all those accounts I am afraid. Even the pie that may have a slightly catfood-ish look even done right had vegetables in it so it looked kind of colorful and you know like you wanted to eat it.

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Today, Lori's tour of her house at Christmas popped up on my Youtube, and Jeebus help me, I watched it. I was shocked, shocked I tell you, when she admitted at the 1:30 minute mark that she only cross-stitched stockings for her two eldest children. I thought we were supposed to be filling our days with sewing and handicrafts to redeem the time we would have spent gossiping and not doing what our husbands tell us to do!

Well, that was underwhelming. 

I don't care how other people decorate their homes, but "Christmas tour" actually implies you did something other than put out the holiday hand towels and propped up an anemic poinsettia. I half-assed it this year, and my (feminist, cough) house still looks more festive.

Hey, do you as far as decorations go, but maybe don't do a Christmas tour if your house basically looks the same + a nativity?

@Sarah92, that is beautiful! I asked my mom to embroider Bonkers #1 name  on her Christmas stocking because I was too nervous to do it (and it came out amazing).

I can honestly say that I have now learned something from Lori. I have long believed that poinsettia were deadly for cats and so have none in my house. Because I have 2 cats and, unlike Lori, I care about them and wouldn't have something in my house that would poison them. However, after a nifty Google search, I discovered that poinsettia are NOT deadly for cats!  So thanks for that Lori.

Count me in as shocked, SHOCKED that Lori has to do a house tour of her Godly Christmas decorations. WOW, Christmas hand towels, she's got me beat there! ? I thought since she's all about her grandkids she would at least put up a tree that they could help decorate. Of course, getting a tree (either fake or real) putting on the lights, decorating, taking it down...gosh, that's an awful lot of work! And we know how much Lori hates work.

Too much work to put up a Christmas tree?! Lazy Lori, how can you tell other women what to do all day when you have no children at home and say that it is too much work to put up a tree? WTF do you do all day? Put the tree up over a day, decorate it the next. I know plenty of working women who decorate their house for Christmas and don't consider it "too much work." Please stop giving advice on what to do all day. 

From the Christmas video, Lori is really nuts.  So, Aunt Ruth gives a tour of her home, and Lori (possibly jealous) gives a tour of her home.  There was something very sad and unwelcoming about Lori's home. 

I also wonder if any of her kids plan to visit.  It looks like the family is leaving Lori alone, since Lori's mom passed away.

Question I have is, who is Aunt Ruth and can I see a tour of that home?  

Dec. 2014:

x-mas.PNG.959ee5270ad333c3ed16308459f383d9.PNG

That's right, The Godly Mentor thinks other women should work hard in their homes.  Her?  Not so much.  Ironing is a lot of work.  Christmas trees are a lot of work.  Vacuuming is a lot of work.  Being a decent human being is a lot of work.  

In today's post, Lori says:

Children growing up with parents who love each other is like growing up with a warm, security blanket over their lives.

To that, I say:

Lori?  You have openly admitted that you hit Ken.  You have openly admitted that you hit your children.  You have openly admitted that your children were afraid of you.  You have openly admitted that Cassi was left to cry "for hours a day", and that it wouldn't have bothered you in the least, because as you say, "crying never hurt anyone".  It did, however, bother your nanny, so SHE held your youngest child while you....rested. 

You were ANYTHING BUT a "warm security blanket" over your children's lives!  

Lori continues:

I am heartbroken over this generation. They throw away marriages as if they are meaningless. Their “happiness” is greater than the love and security of their children.

Like your happiness was greater than the security of your marriage?  Because you know what makes for an insecure marriage?  A lying, deceptive spouse, who will do ANYTHING to get what she wants:

lying.PNG.a46418fdb8fbd73f5f8f1c50c00e0057.PNG 

That's not a "funny story".  It's yet another example of what a ruthless human being you are.  You deceived your husband into conceiving a child, so that YOU could stay home and...rest.  

Lori concludes:

They can easily get “free” sex so many don’t see the benefit to marriage and most had no example of loving and committed parents.

Yes, you soulless viper.  Sex is supposed to be given freely, unless you are a professional.  Is that your humble brag?  That you've made Ken pay for it?  Because yeah, being chained to a person like you would be the ultimate price to pay.  I mean wow...just an open admission that your marriage is a sex for money exchange.  How disgusting.  You should be ashamed of yourself, Lori.

My in-laws buy a new artificial tree every other year in their quest to find the tree that is no work at all. They whine in between trees about how much "work" the tree is and how hard it is to put up and how they may stop putting it up at all because it is "so much work". Then they buy a new one that will supposedly be so much easier and start the cycle over. This is a new tree year. And they just throw the previous one out every time. We have suggested donating it or selling it, but, "no one would want to deal with that thing; it's so much work". 

Perhaps I should forward Lori's video. 

@Koala, it's amazing to me that Lori and Ken's kids turned out as well as they did. Just because Lori and @Ken stay married doesn't mean theirs is a love story for the ages.

Especially with the examples from before Lori was "transformed". She was heartless then and she's heartless now.

I'm still irked by the Lindy quote about poverty.  Tell that to the one who decided to have baby #7 while her headship was a guest of the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff.  Her kids are starving, they are homeless, but she won't get a job or put them in Head Start or public school because that would be against "God's word."  Foolishly going into poverty when you can help yourself is not suffering for Christ.  It makes you selfish and ignorant because your self-made righteousness is more important to you than your children's welfare.

14 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My in-laws buy a new artificial tree every other year in their quest to find the tree that is no work at all. They whine in between trees about how much "work" the tree is and how hard it is to put up and how they may stop putting it up at all because it is "so much work". Then they buy a new one that will supposedly be so much easier and start the cycle over. This is a new tree year. And they just throw the previous one out every time. We have suggested donating it or selling it, but, "no one would want to deal with that thing; it's so much work". 

Perhaps I should forward Lori's video. 

Why ... why not just go with a real tree that can then be recycled/reused if they're going to just chuck it anyway? We used real trees for a few years when our cats were young, and apart from checking on the water every couple days, it wasn't any work at all. (Glad to be back to artificial though -- it can be put up earlier and kept up longer).

8 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

@Koala, it's amazing to me that Lori and Ken's kids turned out as well as they did. Just because Lori and @Ken stay married doesn't mean theirs is a love story for the ages.

Especially with the examples from before Lori was "transformed". She was heartless then and she's heartless now.

On the other hand, you can learn an awful lot about what *not* to do (in parenting, in relationships, in life) from your parents. 

We are kind of crazy.  Halloween starts here on Sep. 1st / Christmas on Nov. 1st.  

I pack up all of my usual decorations at the end of August and start preparing for the holidays.  

I have a tree in every single room (live in the living and dining rooms / artificial in the bedrooms). My husband puts garland & wreaths w/ lights over every single doorway.   There isn't a space that hasn't been transformed (including the bathroom).

That's how we like it.  If other people don't?  Whatever.  I don't care how anyone decorates (or doesn't decorate) their house.

That said, Lori endlessly "admonishes" women to work hard in their homes.  She goes on and on about it.  Then she turns right around and whines about how the simplest things (especially for a woman with absolutely nothing to do) are a "whole lot of work", so she's just gonna skip it.  ?

Let's face it- she needs to "monitor" the internet.  That's how she "spends her days as a Godly Older Woman".

6 minutes ago, polecat said:

apart from checking on the water every couple days, it wasn't any work at all.

Same here.  The watering is hard for me, because both of my knees have a touch of arthritis.  I got one of these things at Lowe's, and it has made my life soooo much easier.  Should have bought one years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Keystone-Products-Inc-Santas-Magic/dp/B00SNK7O6W

This year we didn't put up our beautiful big artificial tree we bought with wedding gift money our first Christmas. But we did buy just a simple little 32 inch fiber optic tree from the dolllar store to set out. We are broke AF and have no holiday spirit this year but we still put few small things up for fun, even though the holiday feels grey. 

Our house right now is small, so we aren't really decorating for Christmas. I mean we have a wreath on the door, garland, and a poinsettia. When we do move to a slightly bigger place, we'll have our usual decorations up. I'm not worried though, munchkin is still young enough where she won't remember much of the holidays and decorations.

It's kind of interesting that the cats are still there.  She said they "didn't want them anymore", and were giving them away because her grandchildren were allergic.  I believe she said she'd send them to the pound if someone didn't take them.

Makes me wonder if the allergy story was just a lie.  

Also, did anyone get the feeling she was complaining about her grandson spoiling her cheap, ugly Christmas towels?

As for the stockings, Lori says:

And then I had my fourth, and I bought him that...

Your fourth was a girl, Lori.  You bought HER that.

Anyway, new video:

We don't call it hitting, because we call it training...

Are you nuts, lady?  You can call it flowers and sunshine if you want to, but YOU ARE HITTING.  

They're all walking in truth...

And yoga pants, right Lori? 

ps- she looks scarier every video:

Spoiler

scary.PNG.fa84a5f5b6c7a1dd08cf5e50f6a0d547.PNG

Spoiler

scary1.PNG.48fd7f3059d3604a2bf6b5a5fa55b218.PNG

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Also, did anyone get the feeling she was complaining about her grandson spoiling her cheap, ugly Christmas towels?

For a woman who professes to love helping out her children and having her grandbabies over, she sure does low-key complain about them A LOT. There was no reason for her to harp on her grandson wiping his mouth of her towel (which she told him to do, so ???), especially when he's easily identifiable because she only has one who's a boy. I also recall her talking about taking three or four grandchildren for 24 hours and complaining about how exhausting they were. No crap, kids are exhausting, Lori, that's why most of us don't want as many as our bodies will allow.

As per the Christmas decorations, decorating is a personal thing and I respect other people's decisions to do what's best for them and what they enjoy. But for Lori to spout off about how much women are supposed to work at homemaking, only to skip out on a tree because "it's too much work" reeks of Lori's favorite scent, hypocrisy. This year I went with candles that look like peppermint sticks in my candlesticks and a garland that has Krampus faces on it. 

@polecat They are so f*cking wasteful with everything. They did a real tree for a couple of years and threw out the tree stand when they bought a new artificial one. Then they went back to a real tree, bought a new tree stand, hated that, threw out the stand and bought another artificial one. 

They throw out their printers when the ink runs out and buy a new one. 

Their daughter goes through a minimalist phase every couple of years and throws out everything she hasn't used in the previous three months. She threw out all of her winter clothes once because she did it in the summer. She apparently learned her lesson with that one, anyway. But she threw out all the attachments on her vacuum once during one of these rashes of minimalism, then wanted to use one, so she threw out the vacuum, too, and bought a new one. All three of them constantly throw away perfectly usable stuff. Mr. 05 is their polar opposite and used a brick cell phone bigger than most cordless phones for ten years because it still worked. I think he got so tired of it growing up that he overcompensates. 

And, of course, we get treated to his sister, the queen of waste, lecturing us about how we should care more about the environment. Like she does. Because throwing out appliances and such that still work and buying new ones every other year is being environmentally conscious. 

4 hours ago, polecat said:

Well, that was underwhelming. 

I don't care how other people decorate their homes, but "Christmas tour" actually implies you did something other than put out the holiday hand towels and propped up an anemic poinsettia. I half-assed it this year, and my (feminist, cough) house still looks more festive.

Hey, do you as far as decorations go, but maybe don't do a Christmas tour if your house basically looks the same + a nativity?

Not to mention- her Christmas memories book seemed to have a lot of sparse pages. 

I read that for an artificial tree to be more environmentally friendly than a real tree, it would have to be used for 20 years. We donated our artificial tree last year. I thought about getting a real tree this year but one of our cats eats almost everything and the tree could make her sick. Maybe I’ll watch Lori’s “tour” and get some ideas. ?

This is going to be deleted soon, but it's so, so good.

You do know that this disproportionately affects poor women and single moms right? You do realize that not every household is white middle-class conservative America right? Because if you did you wouldn't be so judgemental of women that absolutely do have to work outside the home. Especially since you also, usually within the same breath, condemn those who get welfare and food stamps because they can't make ends meet. So which one is it that you want? Single mothers and women from poor families skipping work and living off welfare? Or going out and doing their best and working? Oh and by the way if you really wanted this kind of society you would do everything you can to urge your politicians to make American society more equal and less burdensome for the poor. That's also a mandate that Jesus gave us. This is incredibly judgmental and I really wish Christian women would stop doing that.

3 hours ago, Mellowing With Age said:

Too much work to put up a Christmas tree?! Lazy Lori, how can you tell other women what to do all day when you have no children at home and say that it is too much work to put up a tree? WTF do you do all day? Put the tree up over a day, decorate it the next. I know plenty of working women who decorate their house for Christmas and don't consider it "too much work." Please stop giving advice on what to do all day. 

We were meant to work and work hard, Lori!

38 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I read that for an artificial tree to be more environmentally friendly than a real tree, it would have to be used for 20 years. We donated our artificial tree last year. I thought about getting a real tree this year but one of our cats eats almost everything and the tree could make her sick. Maybe I’ll watch Lori’s “tour” and get some ideas. ?

Ours is 11 years old. We'll get there. I see no reason to not keep one around that amount of time. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived