IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

41 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This is going to be deleted soon, but it's so, so good.

My guess is that Lori would say "They should have stayed with their husbands(even if they're abusive/addicts/just plain jerks)and let them provide."

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it’s my lucky day! “Aleister Crowley is Barbara Bush’s father” is my absolute favorite crazy conspiracy. Merry Christmas to me!

016F027D-6397-4B91-B8C8-66BE47EB1865.png

Prudently At Home has had about enough, I think.  If she doesn't bail she's going to get booted out.  Will Lori side with her previously loyal follower, or the man who likes to verbally abuse her? I think we know the answer...

9187342.jpg

9187342-2.jpg

So now if we ever question a man's behavior, regardless of his relationship, or lack thereof, to us, we're supposed to repent because we're in rebellion?? Gee, I'll get right on that, John. 

ETA: It is on like donkey kong in that thread and I am screenshotting every bit of it.

1 hour ago, Kailash said:

I read that for an artificial tree to be more environmentally friendly than a real tree, it would have to be used for 20 years. We donated our artificial tree last year. I thought about getting a real tree this year but one of our cats eats almost everything and the tree could make her sick. Maybe I’ll watch Lori’s “tour” and get some ideas. ?

Years ago I saw a video in CERT class that showed how quickly a live tree could go up in flames and catch the house on fire...I don't think I'll ever put up a live tree after seeing that. However, our fake tree was a hand-me-down that was probably at least ten years old by the time it was too scraggly to use anymore. If we ever get the money to buy a brand-new artificial one, we'll probably use it for years and years!

@EowynW I'm sorry your Christmas season is not that great. If it's any consolation, we're also broke AF over here and it gives me anxiety every day. I can sympathize!

37 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So now if we ever question a man's behavior, regardless of his relationship, or lack thereof, to us, we're supposed to repent because we're in rebellion?? Gee, I'll get right on that, John. 

ETA: It is on like donkey kong in that thread and I am screenshotting every bit of it.

Great!  I was trying to catch it all, but I'm likely to miss something before it's all done.  Prudently is certainly not a 'feminazi,' but even she's tired of Johnny-boy's crap lately.  If Lori can't/won't do anything under pretext of not telling a man what to do (riiiiiiiight...) she could at least request that her owner headship husband do something, and could comment that Ken will be along to render his righteous judgment, or something like that.  :pb_rollseyes:

Seriously, if I were Ken I'd be worried about Lori's obvious enjoyment of male attention. Maybe he's not man enough for her?  And by 'man enough' I mean sufficiently abusive and dominating to gain her respect. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Ours is 11 years old. We'll get there. I see no reason to not keep one around that amount of time. 

Turns out you can now rent a live tree, at least in some places:

https://www.rentxmastree.com/

There are lots of Christmas tree farms around where we live, and they are a reasonable use for marginal soil, so I have no problem locally with cut trees. Still, we have a Douglas fir that had volunteered in our yard where it would have soon outgrown its space. We put it in a pot on wheels and we bring it in in December and roll it back out again in January. We didn't think it would live confined lack that for long, but it seems to have more or less bonzaied itself and we've used it for about 5 years now. We don't have room for a full-sized tree, nor do we have a lot of decorations, so it works. I put most of my holiday efforts into baking, anyway. I do always collect branches to force for a Solstice bouquet, though. They start out all bare at the beginning of the month, and by the 21st they are starting to leaf out and bloom--that cheers me up.

My housemate likes to put up lights in the front windows. This year it's a blue/green theme that does triple duty as Christmas, Hannukah, and Seahawks.

Funky picture, but you get the idea--dark days, optimistic plants

Victor Street solstice (2).jpg

Unfortunately the christmas tree industry in CA has been hit hard by all of the fires and the cost of cut trees keeps going up. We always get the biggest blue spruce that we can find but this year we opted for artificial because we just couldn't bring ourselves to pay 150 dollars for a tree that we would have for a month. That's just insane. 

16 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Today, Lori's tour of her house at Christmas popped up on my Youtube, and Jeebus help me, I watched it. I was shocked, shocked I tell you, when she admitted at the 1:30 minute mark that she only cross-stitched stockings for her two eldest children.

I saw that video a while ago, and also shocked.  I thought women were supposed to create this oasis of welcoming warmth for our man.   Granted, some people go way over board the other way, but any shopping mall USA at the holidays exudes more warmth than Lori's chocolate smudged Christmas towels, holy family knickknacks  and the lonely stockings. She's obviously too busy monitoring the internet. 

12 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I saw that video a while ago, and also shocked.  I thought women were supposed to create this oasis of welcoming warmth for our man.   Granted, some people go way over board the other way, but any shopping mall USA at the holidays exudes more warmth than Lori's chocolate smudged Christmas towels, holy family knickknacks  and the lonely stockings. She's obviously too busy monitoring the internet. 

@

We don't decorate anymore. The kids are gone, none are coming for Christmas so it's just not worth the time & effort for us. 

Now, if my kids/grandkids were to be here, I'd go apeshit decorating. 

Sorry about the empty post. I just wanted to agree with @SongRed7's comment. I've also heard Lori say that women need to be home to create a warm, inviting haven for their husbands (as opposed to the grim, sterile conditions presumably found in the homes of working women). I guess she and Ken define warm and inviting differently than the rest of the world.

I don´t understand why the godly mentor don´t ban the awful red pill men that are commenting on her page. Here are just a couple of Brians comments under Lori´s latest doodle

Spoiler

brian.PNG.6fdf5c8b1b392d1382091d484b5eb686.PNG

How can she think this is ok? 

She could just ban him, no reasons why thus not teatching him. She bans women on a regular basis so why not these men?

If I was a young woman intressed in learning about Titus 2, I would seek other teatchers than the godly mentor.

Stocking/special ornament question:

Did you guys/or do you plan to send your children's stockings and special ornaments with your kids when they leave home?

Starting this year, I passed along all of my children's special ornaments to them.  They are on their trees (in their rooms) and will be stored by them at the end of each season, and taken with them when they leave home.  I kept the baby's first Christmas ornaments, and all of the ones they've made for me over the years.  Those I can't be parted with.

My husband and I have our childhood ornaments, and I absolutely love them.

The stockings are a different story.  They have had them since birth, and they have their names.  I don't know whether to send those with them, or keep them here.  I guess just whatever they decide.  They may be sentimental about them, or they may prefer to have all matching ones when they have their own families.  I do know that I want them (and any future spouse and children) to have stockings hanging here (and filled) each Christmas.  It just wouldn't be the same without it.

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Ours is 11 years old. We'll get there. I see no reason to not keep one around that amount of time. 

Our cats definitely did a number on our tree. We had it for 12 years. My hope is that with donating it, someone else gets more years out of it. 

My mom had the worst fake trees back in the 90s, and I'm still salty about how she would make me spend up to 6 hours with her sorting out branches, fanning them, individually wrapping lights (after untangling) on each branch. I never cared at all about the damn tree and I hated that we had to have two - one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. Upstairs got the silver and blue, downstairs got all the crappy homemade shit. 

I have a Charlie Brown Tree (it's even licensed - bleh) and it's about 12 inches tall and sits in the middle of a table I don't use. I did pick out our work tree and I kind of like it. It matches my Hanukkah decorations and is so easy to ask the admin to set it up. She had it up in under an hour and now it's covered with blue and silver. 

So I don't fault Lori for not having a tree - I do think she needs to toss the Poinsettias if she has cats. I also think she could stand to repaint, find some lights or other decorations, or not do a tour. She could have also washed the damn chocolate stain out of the towel before "showing off" her home. 

The Christmas before I was married, my parents gave me all of the ornaments I received throughout the years (we always received one for Christmas). They did that so we would have ornaments for our first tree. They did the same for my sisters. Stockings stayed at their house and she added one for DH and my BIL’s. She also added stockings for my kiddos. 

We will do the same thing for our kids. 

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Prudently At Home has had about enough, I think.  If she doesn't bail she's going to get booted out.  Will Lori side with her previously loyal follower, or the man who likes to verbally abuse her? I think we know the answer...

9187342.jpg

9187342-2.jpg

Aaand all the Prudently at Home comments are gone. :my_confused: 

Reading Lori‘s posts and the comments under them makes me angrier than anything else any of our other fundies post (I don’t follow all of them though.) I can feel the hatred seeping out the transformed wife page and it honestly hurts reading it. I’m not even exaggerating. Lori and her male (I’m just going to call them) friends are the EXACT opposite of the type of people that Jesus called his followers to be. I can’t believe what horrible, horrible people they are. And no matter who calls them out and no matter how logical, biblical and good the arguments are, apparently there is nothing anyone can say or do to help them see how incredibly messed up their views are. 

:angry-steamingears:

@Koala We kept the stockings and still hang them all together. I have added each of my kids' spouses and our granddaughter to the row. We were fortunate to become instant grandparents when our son married a woman who already had a child. 

Our mothers each bought the kids ornaments every year. My mom bought one specifically for each child. My mother-in-law bought one for the family but followed a theme. She bought the yearly Crayola ornament, for example. When each of my kids got married, I packed their ornaments up and mailed them to them, dividing up the theme ones from their paternal grandmother. My son's arrived at a nice time. He was stationed in Asia when his wife received the box with my note addressed to her. I think it was a nice surprise and a welcome pick-me-up.

So now USMCDAD and I have "our" ornaments we've picked out over the years and I fill in with bulbs and ribbons, etc. 

I will say that now that we are living close to our daughter, she loves to pop in and play little tricks on us. For example, last time she left, I found one of her handmade ornaments hanging on a candle on the mantle. It had her first grade picture in it and was a very misshapen green tree. So I may slowly be getting all the painted macaroni and paper ornaments back. ?

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

I don´t understand why the godly mentor don´t ban the awful red pill men that are commenting on her page. Here are just a couple of Brians comments under Lori´s latest doodle

Hide contents

brian.PNG.6fdf5c8b1b392d1382091d484b5eb686.PNG

How can she think this is ok? 

She could just ban him, no reasons why thus not teatching him. She bans women on a regular basis so why not these men?

If I was a young woman intressed in learning about Titus 2, I would seek other teatchers than the godly mentor.

I have a 15 yo teen, and even though he's quite mature for his age and wise beyond his years, the idea that he's ready for marriage is utterly laughable.

Then again, I suspect Brother Brian thinks that 15 yo girls should be married off to 45 yo men, taking the whole topic to a completely disgusting place.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Stocking/special ornament question:

Did you guys/or do you plan to send your children's stockings and special ornaments with your kids when they leave home?

Starting this year, I passed along all of my children's special ornaments to them.  They are on their trees (in their rooms) and will be stored by them at the end of each season, and taken with them when they leave home.  I kept the baby's first Christmas ornaments, and all of the ones they've made for me over the years.  Those I can't be parted with.

My husband and I have our childhood ornaments, and I absolutely love them.

The stockings are a different story.  They have had them since birth, and they have their names.  I don't know whether to send those with them, or keep them here.  I guess just whatever they decide.  They may be sentimental about them, or they may prefer to have all matching ones when they have their own families.  I do know that I want them (and any future spouse and children) to have stockings hanging here (and filled) each Christmas.  It just wouldn't be the same without it.

My mom bought my siblings and I ornaments each year from birth on - she'll still get me an ornament now and again from her various travels. I have ornaments from all around the world, as well as homemade, and when we each left home she gave us our ornaments and stockings. It's such fun walking down memory lane as my husband and I make our own traditions and decorate our tree.

31 minutes ago, polecat said:

Then again, I suspect Brother Brian thinks that 15 yo girls should be married off to 45 yo men, taking the whole topic to a completely disgusting place.

I'm pretty sure that Bro Brian only thinks it's the 15yo girls. Actually, from his first comment I suspect he means that younger than that is also fine for marriage. I'm also confused about his referring to "your degenerate culture". Which culture is he talking about? Or is he just a troll trying to stir up a bit of controversy?

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

@polecat They are so f*cking wasteful with everything. They did a real tree for a couple of years and threw out the tree stand when they bought a new artificial one. Then they went back to a real tree, bought a new tree stand, hated that, threw out the stand and bought another artificial one. 

They throw out their printers when the ink runs out and buy a new one. 

Their daughter goes through a minimalist phase every couple of years and throws out everything she hasn't used in the previous three months. She threw out all of her winter clothes once because she did it in the summer. She apparently learned her lesson with that one, anyway. But she threw out all the attachments on her vacuum once during one of these rashes of minimalism, then wanted to use one, so she threw out the vacuum, too, and bought a new one. All three of them constantly throw away perfectly usable stuff. Mr. 05 is their polar opposite and used a brick cell phone bigger than most cordless phones for ten years because it still worked. I think he got so tired of it growing up that he overcompensates. 

And, of course, we get treated to his sister, the queen of waste, lecturing us about how we should care more about the environment. Like she does. Because throwing out appliances and such that still work and buying new ones every other year is being environmentally conscious. 

Why??? Why do they throw away instead of giving away? You can often even find a charity that will come and pick stuff up! And if not, “man with a van” services will take it to a second-hand store. I just...I’m flabbergasted, really. We just did a huge clearout, and throwing away versus giving away versus recycling were all effortful in their own ways. Why default to throwing away??? Honestly, the waste is just despicable.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived