IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

I think Axton was the result of eliminating every male name they already knew irl - then thinking about those trendyish ones like Jaxton and Paxton. With a spelling like Chelsy she probably appreciates a smidge of individuality. I’m sure we are seeing a trend start.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I think Axton was the result of eliminating every male name they already knew irl - then thinking about those trendyish ones like Jaxton and Paxton. With a spelling like Chelsy she probably appreciates a smidge of individuality. I’m sure we are seeing a trend start.

I actually thought of this too. I was like, if they eliminate names of siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, first cousins, and close friends then they will have very few names left! Chelsy has a ton of first cousins. Both of her parents come from huge families. I imagine every last acceptable bible name has been used by family. I just figured she might decide it’s ok to go with a name a first cousin also has. But now that they have Axton, I think she’s going very different for all the first names. And then family names for middle names. 

55 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Though they're not Mormon, this is a start: 

https://www.utahbabynamer.com/ 

I tried this. I got Brighton Paisley, Emree Charli, and Indie Lilian. Brighton is a city here in the U.K., that’s also well known for its LGBT culture, which would make Mormons really clutch their pearls!! I actually kinda like Indie Lilian, although I probably wouldn’t call a child of mine Indie. 

5 hours ago, catlady said:

I got Jaco Bran and Jyne Faille; maybe they’ll have twins next year!

I’m laughing my head off because now they’re just making things up!

Jyne Failie?   Failme, Failyou, Failure!!! ?

I couldn’t resist:

Semi-creative gurl: Hazel Kambria (sounds like type font)

non-creative gurl: Abbylaile Sydnee (I had to copy/paste. No way my aged brain could remember that.)

Ohhhh, me. Those names make my extended family’s obsession with “Y” seem positively mundane!! 

There's two blog posts on the site going through the most Utah names ever and 17 Utah names that went mainstream. I'm inclined to believe people have actually named their kids these names, although possibly not in that combination. And I just got Kenlynn Mylyn which is cracking me up - it would actually work with both mine and my husband's families, so I'm hanging on to it just in case. Heh.

21 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I tried this. I got Brighton Paisley, Emree Charli, and Indie Lilian. Brighton is a city here in the U.K., that’s also well known for its LGBT culture, which would make Mormons really clutch their pearls!! I actually kinda like Indie Lilian, although I probably wouldn’t call a child of mine Indie. 

Brighton is also a village (and a ski area) just outside of Salt Lake City.
The sit in question doesn't do the random capitalization that is part and parcel of the Mormon Naming Convention Also, the quintessential Mormon names for boys and girls, respectively, are LaVerle and RaeDean.

I got Canyon DAXton for a low creativity boy's name and Forrest Tutar in the high creativity range - I think I pass either one....

I don’t like the name, but let’s be honest, his name doesn’t matter.

What matters is that Axton will grow up being taught that being gay is a sin, that not all people are equal, that evolution is false, that Christian  dominionism is the best way, that basically everyone not like him is going to hell, that he is superior to girls just because of his gender. What matters is that he will learn to be kind to everyone superficially but inwardly judge them. What matters is that he will care more about the theoretical unborn than the actual earth and people living on it.

Chelsy is pretty, personable, outgoing, kind....but her and her family’s beliefs are not kind to those who are different, and we need to remember that in the voting booth, they will vote for people who truly hate people like me, and you, and those we love.

58 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

A cousin of mine is expecting a boy and they're calling him Braxton. All I can think of is Braxton-Hicks...

One of my cousins named his Braxton, too, and the rest of the family said the same thing. 

I actually thought of this too. I was like, if they eliminate names of siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, first cousins, and close friends then they will have very few names left! Chelsy has a ton of first cousins. Both of her parents come from huge families. I imagine every last acceptable bible name has been used by family. I just figured she might decide it’s ok to go with a name a first cousin also has. But now that they have Axton, I think she’s going very different for all the first names. And then family names for middle names. 
Axton Commando is a character in the video game Borderlands 2. Do John snd Chelsey have a playstation or X box?

Axton Maxwell has no flow....

On 2/3/2019 at 2:56 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I actually got a decent name in the Utah names web:

Mara Darcy 

Chelsy would love the Darcy part since she loves Pride and Prejudice. 

My last baby was going to be Mara if it were a girl. Alas, he was a boy and he was named something entirely different. Incidentally, it's remarkably similar to Axton John (but it sounds less clunky).

And I got Daxton Braxton Maxwell from the Utah Baby Namer.?

After stewing on the name for a week here is my totally made-up theory. Chelsey is secretly a huge Guns n Roses fan, but no one's allowed to mention that around the Maxwells. She really wanted to name her son Axl after Axl Rose, the lead singer for Guns n Roses, but she was afraid that the Maxwells would find out where she got the name so she decided that Axton was as close as she dare go.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived