IGNORED

LIving Whole

truthseeker

Soooo .... Megan is pregnant.  20 weeks.  No mention of the adopted children for a while now.  Wonder if she's moved on.

Also - there's a woman in the Living Whole Official Group who's 3 yr old (unvaccinated, of course) has whooping cough, and she's worried her 9 month old will get it.  Her paediatrician is urging antibiotics (she's refusing, with back up from the crunchy hive).  She's using some Vitamin C 'protocol', essential oils, and colloidal silver in a humidifier - and wondering why the kid isn't getting better.  The comments are mind-numbingly stupid and irresponsible.  How can these people be allowed to have responsibility for innocent children??? ?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, truthseeker said:

Soooo .... Megan is pregnant.  20 weeks.  No mention of the adopted children for a while now.  Wonder if she's moved on.

Also - there's a woman in the Living Whole Official Group who's 3 yr old (unvaccinated, of course) has whooping cough, and she's worried her 9 month old will get it.  Her paediatrician is urging antibiotics (she's refusing, with back up from the crunchy hive).  She's using some Vitamin C 'protocol', essential oils, and colloidal silver in a humidifier - and wondering why the kid isn't getting better.  The comments are mind-numbingly stupid and irresponsible.  How can these people be allowed to have responsibility for innocent children??? ?

When the anti vaccine friends of Jill Rod had their 4 month old almost die from whooping cough, they didn’t become pro vaccine. They doubled down. That’s what these fools do. 

Anger reaction at the dumbness of the mom, of course.

USE THE FUCKING ANTIBIOTICS YOU IGNORANT FOOL

Anti-vax people make me absolutely wild. It is the most incredibly selfish thing to choose because it is not just your kids and family you are making decisions for- it's all the kids too young to be vaccinated yet, people who cannot receive vaccines for medical reasons, kids with cancer etc etc. I know of at least 8 adults out of the roughly 120 that I saw at a center I worked at that became intellectually disabled (and many developed physical disabilities too) due to measles before the vaccine was available.

One 65-year-old woman, I met with her almost 90 year old mother once to get some history about her daughter and she pulled out a black and white photo of a baby- and she was objectively one of the most gorgeous babies I have ever seen and I'm one of those people that think all babies are beautiful so that's saying something ?- and she said, "She was born healthy, you know? Holding her head up at only a couple of days old, always alert, she just seemed to have 'been here before' and seemed to understand things. I know a lot of parents say that but I had my three older sons and they were and are fantastic kids and hit every milestone but there was just something about Name. I was smitten. And then when she was 4 months old, one of the boys caught measles at school and brought it home and I didn't know because they're contagious before they show symptoms. And Name caught it and then she had Scarlet Fever and the flu too- all in one month and all at once for a brief point. She ran a 107 degree fever for 4 days with only brief moments when it seemed to go down. She was a typical sick baby- you know, they go a bit floppy on top of all the symptoms and have no energy. But even when she got better she stayed floppy. She couldn't hold her head out anymore. She stopped grabbing for things. She stopped tracking things with her eyes so much. She stopped making noises. She just seemed...it was like she was gone. That's why she is how she is, and I love her and she's my best friend and the kindest and happiest person I have met and she tries so hard at everything. But now I'm going to die soon and I'm so scared of what will happen to her because she can't live alone and I'd have never had to worry every minute of every day if we'd had the vaccine back then like my grand babies got to have. Then my son tells me about these young men and women choosing to not vaccinate and while I love my daughter as she is and she is precious and wonderful- I'd never have chose this life for her. It's not about me. How could I live with myself if I'd chosen to not vaccinate my kids? I didn't have a choice. So she didn't have a choice and it changed many lives."

That conversation has stayed with me a long time now. She is a woman of unwavering faith and very religious and she does see God's plan as perfect but she also said that God's plan includes making good choices about the things that God provides- and that means vaccines. Tears just streamed down her face the whole discussion but she never sobbed except for one big sob when she showed me a photo of her daughter, so teeny tiny at a week old, clearly holding her head up on her own while her mother held her. Her mother's young face in that photo was beaming.  

@Aine, stories like that need to be heard.  I’ve told my own story of being the primary caregiver for my cousin whose mother was born before the MMR vaccine was developed.  She contracted rubella while pregnant, and as a result her twins were born about 2 months premature.  One lived only two days.  The other is completely deaf and has significant developmental disabilities.  Like the woman you spoke to, my aunt and her parents didn’t have a choice, but families today do, and it upsets me when I think about the terrible risks these people are willingly taking with their children’s well-being.

1 minute ago, catlady said:

@Aine, stories like that need to be heard.  I’ve told my own story of being the primary caregiver for my cousin whose mother was born before the MMR vaccine was developed.  She contracted rubella while pregnant, and as a result her twins were born about 2 months premature.  One lived only two days.  The other is completely deaf and has significant developmental disabilities.  Like the woman you spoke to, my aunt and her parents didn’t have a choice, but families today do, and it upsets me when I think about the terrible risks these people are willingly taking with their children’s well-being.

I was honestly shocked at the percentage of my clients at that clinical rotation that had acquired their disabilities due to the measles even though I grew up with my grandfather being deaf in one ear due to a childhood bout of measles (I remember hearing about other clients who also had a mother with rubella during pregnancy). I also had one client who developed Lennox-Gastault Syndrome following a reaction to the TDAP vaccine. It was just a freak thing- she had a seizure immediately following the vaccine being given and then they just never stopped really. The doctors recommended that they still continue to vaccinate their daughter and they did and did the same with their younger children. There was never another reaction like that from my client or any of her siblings or extended family. When I called her parents for permission to give her the flu vaccine, I got the story, and her Mom said- "I mean, she has one of the most severe seizure disorders, she has spent more of her life in the hospital than out- none of that can get much worse. We delayed some vaccines for awhile and then after getting multiple opinions we decided we probably shouldn't risk making her life even more difficult if she catches measles or mumps or whooping cough or even the flu- so yes, please make sure she gets the flu vaccine!"

I just read a big measles outbreak in NY is mostly just in an ultra orthodox Jewish community. What is it with fundies and bring anti-vaccine? It drives me crazy. 

Archived