IGNORED

LIving Whole

truthseeker

I can't find any FJ threads relating to this woman, but has anyone else fallen down this rabbit hole? ? I've been down there for hours - please send the ferrets!

She's not fundie as such, but claims to be Christian, and is certainly narcissistic/crazy enough to be on our radar.  Claims to be a lawyer/doctor/naturopath/yoga instructor/child genius/stay at home (single, divorced) mother to three bio and two adopted Congolese kids (although they seem to have been taken by CPS), recently remarried to a younger childless guy, raw food eating, workout addict, all around perfect person, etc etc etc.  Oh, and - naturally - she's an anti-vaxxer.  Worth starting a thread, folks?  She's certainly got the crazy.  

https://www.livingwhole.org/inside-my-battle-with-child-protective-services/

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, truthseeker said:

I can't find any FJ threads relating to this woman, but has anyone else fallen down this rabbit hole? ? I've been down there for hours - please send the ferrets!

She's not fundie as such, but claims to be Christian, and is certainly narcissistic/crazy enough to be on our radar.  Claims to be a lawyer/doctor/naturopath/yoga instructor/child genius/stay at home (single, divorced) mother to three bio and two adopted Congolese kids (although they seem to have been taken by CPS), recently remarried to a younger childless guy, raw food eating, workout addict, all around perfect person, etc etc etc.  Oh, and - naturally - she's an anti-vaxxer.  Worth starting a thread, folks?  She's certainly got the crazy.  

https://www.livingwhole.org/inside-my-battle-with-child-protective-services/

That was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing. 

She has conflicts with nearly everybody that's not family. She is the common denominator here.

I want to know everyone else's side of the story too. And there are a lot of people to hear from- the kids, first husband, second adopted family, foster parents, third adopted family, social workers, lawyers, judges, Etc... A not-few amount of people seem to think that she doesn't have the ability to care for the kids. 

How can the kids possibly have hope after everything? They were bounced from house to house and court to court in the Congo. Held for bribes. Then bounced around the US. 

@truthseeker  I'd follow, but honestly not even sure how much I could take of her, even though I feel bad for all that she's been through. I've dug around a bit, seems like she's so over her ex husband's affair she must mention it every entry. It's yikes for sure, so many plot contradictions in the same paragraphs.

The fact alone that she "taught my daughter English and how to act around men" for a 4 year old is disturbing, whether it is from her own views or was necessary post adoption (second thought breaks my heart).

She got 'vaccine exemptions' from the US embassy for the adoption. And helped the third adoptive family get them too- same family that betrayed her. 

I would also want to know the Air Force's side. Were there really that many people breaking the policies and producures so she couldn't the proper documents? Her whole story relies on most of the world being corrupt and against her for no reason. 

55 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

That was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing. 

She has conflicts with nearly everybody that's not family. She is the common denominator here.

I want to know everyone else's side of the story too. And there are a lot of people to hear from- the kids, first husband, second adopted family, foster parents, third adopted family, social workers, lawyers, judges, Etc... A not-few amount of people seem to think that she doesn't have the ability to care for the kids. 

How can the kids possibly have hope after everything? They were bounced from house to house and court to court in the Congo. Held for bribes. Then bounced around the US. 

I would also love to hear the other side from the other families involved. I believe her ex is a dick bag though. That seems pretty certain, lol.

That Megan who is fighting to get her adopted kids back is into a lot of woo. She seems pretty highly educated and still into things like homeopathy? It’s so weird to me when that happens. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That Megan who is fighting to get her adopted kids back is into a lot of woo. She seems pretty highly educated and still into things like homeopathy? It’s so weird to me when that happens. 

Yeah. Some of it I agree with and some it I don't. She is into both alternative and traditional medicine. There are probably legitimate complaints against about the FDA and AHA. There are things she could take down a notch though. Her vaccine position for one. Her first husband is an Air Force doctor. I wonder if he supports all this. 

https://www.livingwhole.org/god-does-not-support-vaccines/

She is not the worst person the world. As far as the adoption goes, she probably made a lot of bad decisions. It costs tens of thousands of dollars to get those two kids out of the Congo. Most people in their mid 20s wouldn't have that type of money. More money than common sense may have factored in. 

3 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

Yeah. Some of it I agree with and some it I don't. She is into both alternative and traditional medicine. There are probably legitimate complaints against about the FDA and AHA. There are things she could take down a notch though. Her vaccine position for one. Her first husband is an Air Force doctor. I wonder if he supports all this. 

https://www.livingwhole.org/god-does-not-support-vaccines/

She is not the worst person the world. As far as the adoption goes, she probably made a lot of bad decisions. It costs tens of thousands of dollars to get those two kids out of the Congo. Most people in their mid 20s wouldn't have that type of money. More money than common sense may have factored in. 

I’m guessing she’s used to being quite privileged and was dumbfounded when her doctor husband left her out of the blue and had very little money. 

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe because homeopathy works but is a complicated system?

Drugs you get from the pharmacy are ***sorcery***. Several Bible verses cited. Homopathic pills are Biblical though. 

Not sure how many people she is convincing when it comes to health care. She is not a medical researcher. She has a law degree (but never passed the bar) and worked in social media marketing. 

4 hours ago, truthseeker said:

Worth starting a thread, folks?

As an admin:  next time please just start the thread.  It saves us having to do it the hard way.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, dsjbeam said:

Complicated to remember whether or not you thoroughly diluted your drugs to within an inch of their lives. 

Damn that blog entry is long. I haven’t read the entire thing through yet. I’m curious about the side of the other family involved and what’s actually going on with CPS.

I found her Facebook page. She uses coffee enemas to treat her Chrons and believes vaccines contain aborted fetuses. 

https://m.facebook.com/LivingWhole.org/

Omg I can’t read this past the first few sentences. The measles aren’t a big deal because “no one dies from it” in the US. That’s because of vaccines, you fucking kumquat. 

https://www.livingwhole.org/this-mama-isnt-scared-of-the-shmeasle-measles/

“anti-vaxx hate groups” You people who believe in science and facts?

She also believes taking folic acid during your pregnancy may cause allergies.

Never mind spina bifida :5624797b0697e_headbash: that woman is out of her mind

5 hours ago, dsjbeam said:

Oh, honey. I can pull some articles if you want to learn something.

49 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Damn that blog entry is long. I haven’t read the entire thing through yet. I’m curious about the side of the other family involved and what’s actually going on with CPS.

I found her Facebook page. She uses coffee enemas to treat her Chrons and believes vaccines contain aborted fetuses. 

Omg I can’t read this past the first few sentences. The measles aren’t a big deal because “no one dies from it” in the US. That’s because of vaccines, you fucking kumquat. 

Two words: Helen Keller.

(that’s who I always think of when the measles vaccine is mentioned by anti-vaxxers)

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

As an admin:  next time please just start the thread.  It saves us having to do it the hard way.  Thanks!

Thank you. Will do.  Have never started a thread before - I wasn't sure there'd be the interest. :)

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The education claims vary considerably.  Looks like she may have claimed to be both a doctor AND a lawyer in the past.  There's certainly been drama on other forums in the past when her claims have been challenged and she's shown up both in person (and as a sock) to stir the pot.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

you fucking kumquat. 

Never heard that one before ... very catchy!   ??

13 minutes ago, refugee said:

Two words: Helen Keller.

(that’s who I always think of when the measles vaccine is mentioned by anti-vaxxers)

Was measles what caused her blindness and deafness?

They aren’t positive of what Helen Keller had (maybe scarlet fever or meningitis). But the illness did cause her blindness and deafness when she was a toddler. 

Wooooooooow. 

The first few paragraphs seemed tragic, but reasonable -- adoption in the works, husband has an affair and files for divorce, she's left with five kids on her own.

And then she started trying to justify abandoning the adopted kids (call it what you want, honey, that's abandonment) after claiming that she did everything possible to get the necessary services. 

I'm guessing there's a lot more to this story, and that the adopted kids had a much different perspective of life in her house than she presents. And that her description of her legal expertise (and the help she provided others) is not nearly as extensive or accurate as she claims. 

51 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

Wooooooooow. 

The first few paragraphs seemed tragic, but reasonable -- adoption in the works, husband has an affair and files for divorce, she's left with five kids on her own.

And then she started trying to justify abandoning the adopted kids (call it what you want, honey, that's abandonment) after claiming that she did everything possible to get the necessary services. 

I'm guessing there's a lot more to this story, and that the adopted kids had a much different perspective of life in her house than she presents. And that her description of her legal expertise (and the help she provided others) is not nearly as extensive or accurate as she claims

Right. She figured out how to get two kids out of the Congo despite all the political obstacles. Yet she could not figure out what state and county family services she was entitled to?! 

3 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I haven’t read her entire post either, but thank you, HarryPottetFan, you have indirectly saved me the cost of a new tablet—I probably would have thrown mine at the wall if i’d gotten to the part about no one dying from measles.  How would Megan feel if her unvaccinated daughter contracted rubella as a pregnant adult?  The new mom would survive, but the baby would very likely be born several weeks early, have profound hearing loss, and have significant and permanent developmental disabilities.  And that’s IF the baby lives beyond the first few days.  Fucking kumquat, indeed.

5 hours ago, truthseeker said:

Never heard that one before ... very catchy!   ??

Thank you. I like that insult but I rarely use it because it makes no sense. But kumquat is such a ridiculous sounding word, and she is a ridiculous person with the brain power of a fruit.

2 hours ago, catlady said:

I haven’t read her entire post either, but thank you, HarryPottetFan, you have indirectly saved me the cost of a new tablet—I probably would have thrown mine at the wall if i’d gotten to the part about no one dying from measles.  How would Megan feel if her unvaccinated daughter contracted rubella as a pregnant adult?  The new mom would survive, but the baby would very likely be born several weeks early, have profound hearing loss, and have significant and permanent developmental disabilities.  And that’s IF the baby lives beyond the first few days.  Fucking kumquat, indeed.

She’d find something to blame, like cell phones and radio towers. There are anti-vaxxers who rail against those. And I’m glad you like my insult lol.

Thoughts as I read through the blog:

- She wants to help her daughter with her hair because of the Congolese stigma of having short hair. Isn’t her daughter still very little? How much of that could she have absorbed? And yes the “teaching her how to act around men” is alarming

- At what point during the divorce  was her son showing signs of malnutrition and she couldn’t get medicine? If the divorce had been finalized she should be able to get Medicaid for the kids. And I agree with the point that she managed to navigate getting kids out of Congo. She should be able to find out what services she can get. There are services for low-income families without insurance. Though this varies by state. She also said her daughter couldn’t go to a hospital without insurance or a social security number. Hospitals do care for patients that can’t afford it. And I imagine hospitals have dealt with patients without social security info. It sounds like excuses to me. She can navigate complex international adoption but not this? For someone who wasn’t able to do what she did, I’d get that they’d get overwhelmed and not know what to do or where to turn. But she claims to be a legal expert.

And years after she still couldn’t get insurance? Get Medicaid!

- My heart breaks for those kids. That’s a lot of instability and trauma.

-Those kids only know what they’re told (or overhear) about the situation. For her little daughter to talk about daddy not loving her or mommy she must have heard it from mom.

- I don’t for a second believe any qualified therapist actually said, “Megan, any other parent would have given up a long time ago. I don’t even know how you’re doing this.” 

- “This is the REAL reason 25% of adoptions end up in secondary placements” - This seems like a made up statistic 

- So she was given a deadline, albeit short, for picking up the kids, didn’t do it, and was surprised they ended up in foster care? What did she think would happen? 

- What the hell happened that landed those children in protective custody??

- She’s upset that the court accused her of abuse and neglect, but I can see a court deciding she neglected the kids if she refused to get them insurance and proper care and then handed over guardianship.

-“No parent should ever have to fear the removal of their children because they parent differently” Well this statement sends off alarm bells.

Archived