IGNORED

Seewalds 36: Waiting for the Next Cute Kid Video or Photo

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

People have different likes and dislikes, it was her wedding dress. As long as she was happy with it, that's all that matters.

Yep. Like many on FJ who loved that dress, while others clearly did not. All that matters is that Jessa liked it.

A dress for every woman so to speak!

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. Like many on FJ who loved that dress, while others clearly did not. All that matters is that Jessa liked it.

A dress for every woman so to speak!

Exactly.  It would be a boring world if we all liked the exact same things.  

(fwiw which is nothing I thought Jessa's dress was gorgeous - best of all fundy dresses I've seen)

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

People have different likes and dislikes, it was her wedding dress. As long as she was happy with it, that's all that matters.

Agreed. It suited her so much. She looked happy and beautiful in it. 

Watching some sport stats. But as Jessa responded to one of the comment sometimes they are allowed to watch videos and Peppa Pig. ?

I love Henry's new haircut, Jessa and Ben really make the cutest babies.

Really curious if they will stay cute once they copy their parents beliefs.

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm going out on a limb and predicting no Jessa pregnancy announcement in 2018.

Despite rumors flaring up again because of the loose long cardigan she wore at the wedding, I tend to agree! Man, I prefer to wear those, simply because I have a bit of a pizza pouch sometimes ?

I really thought we'd have a Baby #3 announcement before the end of 2018 but I'm starting to think that we won't. They seem really content with their two boys, which is fantastic. I think maybe we all believed they would churn them out fast due to the two back to back pregnancies she had, but I'm starting to think that Henry was more of an actual whoops and they're doing some sort of preventing. 

I think she probably is pregnant now or will be before the end of the year, but we may not get an announcement till 2019.

26 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm wearing one today. Who am I kidding? I wear long/loose cardigans most days because my office is cold. I have one of every color of this one from Primark:  https://www.primark.com/en/product/grey-cardigan,N35397175771268  

I really need to buy some of them, I work near two big Primarks, one advantage of working in Glasgow city centre, near all the good shops.

I love me some cardigans too (not in mustard, not my color), but as opposed to Jessa, I am a 60 YO grandma. And I still wouldn't wear one to my brother's wedding.

I love long loose cardigans as well, I only wear them in the wintertime because I'm always so hot.  I tend to be kind of frumpy at work, because it is comfortable and cool, I'm also 48 years old and don't like to show cleavage at work, at all. I almost never wear my work clothes anywhere but work, I have a few tops I will wear minus the cami and the maxi skirt or work trousers, I'll pair it with leggings or jeans or a nice skirt, to make it less frumpy and more stylish.

Unpopular opinion here... I admit I always keep a cardigan in my car so if I'm someplace and ends up colder than I think it is I'm prepared. I don't know if that was Jessa's idea or if this was a planned part of her outfit.

5 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Unpopular opinion here... I admit I always keep a cardigan in my car so if I'm someplace and ends up colder than I think it is I'm prepared. I don't know if that was Jessa's idea or if this was a planned part of her outfit.

Me, too. I'm always cold, it seems. 

Part of my adulting plans this year are to get more cardigans and fewer hoodies. I wear hoodies constantly, but cardigans look a bit nicer, I think. 

I have a cardigan I'm knitting that I need to work on more. I may, possibly, get it finished within the next five years. I hope.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I love me some cardigans too (not in mustard, not my color), but as opposed to Jessa, I am a 60 YO grandma. And I still wouldn't wear one to my brother's wedding.

My daughters, who are around Jessa’s age, wear the loose cardigans all the time, so do their friends. For office type jobs, weddings, shopping, park with the kids. They go with everything. It always surprises me when people say Jessa ( or any of them) only wear old-fashioned / maternity / baggy / frumpy etc clothes — they seem to wear the typical Old Navy / Target comfortable fashions I see on half the people their age.  Same with the little girls who wear leggings with their loose tunic/dresses - super common combination. 

I think Jessa and I have a rather similar body shape, or we did (I'm basing this off the wedding photos... she's also probably taller than me ?). I can't wear the Camilla floaty type dresses or tunics. I need something to accentuate my waist, so I wear a lot of skater skirts, I belt my shirt-dresses or I wear a crop top/tight shirt with my maxi skirts. She doesn't have that option because 'modesty'. So I think that's a big reason why she's seen this way, because her clothes then look too big for her, make her look bigger or badly dressed (ie frumpy or old fashioned).

I've seen a lot about her having 'body insecurities', but I haven't really noticed? Can anyone tell me where these have come from? (I'm fairly new) Thanks! :)

I'm within a month of Jessa's age and wear long, loose (cozy, warm, comfy) cardigans almost every day. I look good enough for work, fine for daily activities, can dress it up if I need to, and feel like I'm in pajamas. Plus I live in Minnesota, I need all the warm clothes I can get!

I'm right in between Jinger and Joseph age-wise and I'm also a huge fan of cardigans.  While I personally wouldn't wear one to a wedding (unless it was a more casual event or worn because of unexpected cold), I wear them virtually everywhere else.  I get cold easily and I find them to be more professional than sweatshirts or any other layering option I can find easily.

I don't have a problem with the cardigan.  Hell, my bridesmaids wore cardigans at my black tie wedding.  And as someone who can't regulate my temperature for anything, I pretty much always have one with me. 

1 minute ago, artdecades said:

I'm a librarian so I live in cardigans. Its the law. We can't help it

They're the best for moving from warmer/cooler parts of the stacks, when doing more active/less active work, and the best ones have POCKETS!

6 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

I've seen a lot about her having 'body insecurities', but I haven't really noticed? Can anyone tell me where these have come from? (I'm fairly new) Thanks! :)

She's talked about it herself several times in the past. I wish I could provide specific quotes or sources but unfortunately I can't - sorry! Others may remember more specific occurrences, though! 

@DundeeUnFundie I remember Ben bringing up Jessa's insecurities about her body during an end of season Q&A about 18 months ago which was after having 2 kids back to back.  Not sure she's still insecure. I think she just likes that style of sweater. She's frequently worn similar ones.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived