IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

21 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

These fundies have absolutely no biblical knowledge beyond what's written on the page.

Gotta love her level of lazy because it's not even that... she set out to make an hour long video about a Bible passage that she didn't bother to look up beforehand so she'd know where to find it and what it says on the page.

It's like a book report by a middle schooler who didn't read the book. "The Lord of the Rings is a really great story about a lord, and some rings he owned. Lords are rich noblemen, and rings are a kind of jewellery that are usually round and fit into your finger You have ten fingers so you could easily wear ten rings, but if you want more you can put more than one ring in each finger. You can get away with it if you¨re a Lord because you don't have to wash your hands very often. I loved this book because it had a really great beginning, and a wonderful ending, and the middle part was good as well."

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

• 4 months later...

That pillow is interesting.  Is the smooth area where a lady positions her face during naps?  Otherwise, you’d awaken horribly wrinkly.  Also, we just repainted two doors, so I notice Lydia’s door needs refreshing.  Another area to pinkify!  :angelic-pink: 

• Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

That pillow is interesting.  Is the smooth area where a lady positions her face during naps?  Otherwise, you’d awaken horribly wrinkly.  Also, we just repainted two doors, so I notice Lydia’s door needs refreshing.  Another area to pinkify!  :angelic-pink: 

Her floors look good though.  We just had ours refinished so I've been noticing everyone's floors everywhere I go :)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Her floors look good though.  We just had ours refinished so I've been noticing everyone's floors everywhere I go :)

It’s funny what we hone in on after a home improvement project. 😊  We had an estimate done to refinish our wood floors (saving up, since we don’t have grifting skills ala JRod).  Ours are still ok, but look a little worn in places.  Someday…. 

Edited by CTRLZero
Specifying master grifter.
  • Upvote 2

On 11/2/2020 at 11:01 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Lady Lydia wants you to exercise and get into shape but please don't overdo it. Five minutes is plenty, and if you can't do all those reps try at least one.

She intended this as encouragement and inspiration for homemakers but it's making me sad. The lists give me the notion that daily life in general is a challenge. All the challenges are basically the same: "Exercise for five minutes unless it's too much for you. Make a list of everything you should do. Do  at least one thing, clean something. Remember to breathe. Did you remember to put on clothes? Don't think sad thoughts." (and she forgot #3 and put #4 twice)

First off, I want to see an exercise video of Lydia exercising in her pink frills (why is dress up before exercise 5 minutes in her lists of how to have a day). Secondly, would this woman benefit from a job? She could have actually contributed something valuable, like writing manuals or policies, instead of being a professional pest.

• Upvote 2

Actually I sort of like these posts that basically say, "I have some things to say to you but I am not going to say them, here is a picture of a teacup instead."  A garden table doth a day camp make.

kuva.png.8b96111bcc0b240c89774d1f5fc70392.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Whenever I think my life is boring, I just need to look at Lydia to feel better 😄 But I don't trust blogs anymore really since the great Maxwell escape.

Does her husband still work? It sounds like she at least has contact with neighbours.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:38 PM, CTRLZero said:

It’s funny what we hone in on after a home improvement project. 😊  We had an estimate done to refinish our wood floors (saving up, since we don’t have grifting skills ala JRod).  Ours are still ok, but look a little worn in places.  Someday…. 

Our floors had been covered by wall to wall carpeting for 20 years. They were in bad shape in some spots.  Now they look brand new (not exaggerating). They give the house a cleaner and more up-to-date vibe. It was worth the money. We ripped the carpet up ourselves so that saved a little. Highly recommend when you're ready.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Our floors had been covered by wall to wall carpeting for 20 years. They were in bad shape in some spots.  Now they look brand new (not exaggerating). They give the house a cleaner and more up-to-date vibe. It was worth the money. We ripped the carpet up ourselves so that saved a little. Highly recommend when you're ready.

We had an estimate done a few years ago when we had new kitchen cabinets installed.  We should have had it done then, but I couldn’t handle any more remodeling type work at that particular minute, lol.  🤯 Another reason - there is a little damaged spot near the dining room table as a result of our daughter’s mad scientist stage.  She now teaches chemistry among other subjects, so she never got over that stage!  I’m a little sentimental about sanding and covering that little spot.  I’ll get there eventually… 💗 

• Love 3